You are here: Home > Message Board > Palace Talk > The Jairo Riedewald thread
July 23 2019 1.16pm

The Jairo Riedewald thread

Previous Topic | Next Topic


Page 16 of 19 < 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 >

This forum is sponsored by

Football Index

Sponsor a forum or Advertise on the HOL!

 

View Rudi Hedman's Profile Rudi Hedman Flag Caterham 07 Aug 18 12.34pm Send a Private Message to Rudi Hedman Add Rudi Hedman as a friend

Originally posted by leejaneagles

Not sure you can totally blame Parish/the Board for this one.

They were probably thinking along the lines that FDB would be our manager half a decade minimum. That would save a lot of money on paying off Mangers.

So if we had to totally change the playing staff and take a big hit last Summer in wages to get FDB's exact players in then so be it, it wouldn't matter because Palace will be playing his style for the foreseeable.

Then we sacked him 2 weeks later hahaha.

Edited by leejaneagles (07 Aug 2018 12.23pm)

No I don’t blame Parish or the board backing frank on this one transfer but to completely change the playing staff to Frank’s methods would’ve taken £100 million in transfer fees and more than likely 3 windows of gradually changing style and selling Ward etc, not doing it one go without those funds and p1ssing all club staff off instantly.

Anyway, the finances are another reason for him to be sold, in addition to not likeyto play very often, if at all for 1 or several seasons.

 


COYP

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
chateauferret Flag 07 Aug 18 12.35pm

Originally posted by leejaneagles

Not sure you can totally blame Parish/the Board for this one.

They were probably thinking along the lines that FDB would be our manager half a decade minimum. That would save a lot of money on paying off Mangers.

So if we had to totally change the playing staff and take a big hit last Summer in wages to get FDB's exact players in then so be it, it wouldn't matter because Palace will be playing his style for the foreseeable.

Then we sacked him 2 weeks later hahaha.

Edited by leejaneagles (07 Aug 2018 12.23pm)

Pity nobody noticed before hiring him that de Boer was the duddest dud in the dud version of the History of Duds according Duddy Dud the Dud Dud.

 


============
The Ferret
============

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Quote this post in a reply
View bexleydave's Profile bexleydave Flag Barnehurst 07 Aug 18 12.42pm Send a Private Message to bexleydave Holmesdale Online Elite Member Add bexleydave as a friend

Originally posted by chateauferret

Pity nobody noticed before hiring him that de Boer was the duddest dud in the dud version of the History of Duds according Duddy Dud the Dud Dud.

Or that he holds the accolade for being the Dudest Dud, on Dud Island on Dud Day.

 


Bexley Dave

Can you hear the Brighton sing? I can't hear a ******* thing!

"The most arrogant, obnoxious bunch of deluded little sun tanned, loafer wearing mummy's boys I've ever had the misfortune of having to listen to" (Burnley forum)

Alert Alert a moderator to this post | Board Moderator Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View DANGERCLOSE's Profile DANGERCLOSE Flag london 07 Aug 18 2.07pm Send a Private Message to DANGERCLOSE Add DANGERCLOSE as a friend

Looks like we are trying to flog Riedewald to Newcastle to raise funds to buy Jordan Ayew

 


Support The Brexit Party [Link]

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View efernandez060604's Profile efernandez060604 Flag London 27 Apr 19 12.24pm Send a Private Message to efernandez060604 Add efernandez060604 as a friend

This post has been merged from a topic called 'Jairo Riedewald' by bexleydave

Jairo should start a few games. The games he came in under Hodgson last year were tough and he put in a decent enough performance to suggest that he can become a start more games. We shouldn't sell him, we should keep him and bring him out of the under-23s. Why doesn't Hodgson understand that he's unhappy for mainly that reason.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View jeeagles's Profile jeeagles Flag 27 Apr 19 1.17pm Send a Private Message to jeeagles Add jeeagles as a friend

Originally posted by efernandez060604

This post has been merged from a topic called 'Jairo Riedewald' by bexleydave

Jairo should start a few games. The games he came in under Hodgson last year were tough and he put in a decent enough performance to suggest that he can become a start more games. We shouldn't sell him, we should keep him and bring him out of the under-23s. Why doesn't Hodgson understand that he's unhappy for mainly that reason.

Something I've been wondering too. A promising young player who's been completely overlooked. Looks like he could be a decent back up for Luca or possibly fill the left back position.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Maine Eagle's Profile Maine Eagle Flag USA 27 Apr 19 2.01pm Send a Private Message to Maine Eagle Add Maine Eagle as a friend

Originally posted by efernandez060604

This post has been merged from a topic called 'Jairo Riedewald' by bexleydave

Jairo should start a few games. The games he came in under Hodgson last year were tough and he put in a decent enough performance to suggest that he can become a start more games. We shouldn't sell him, we should keep him and bring him out of the under-23s. Why doesn't Hodgson understand that he's unhappy for mainly that reason.

Hodgson is not good at squad rotation.

He had to hope for a few injuries and it didn’t happen, we have good depth in defensive midfielders.

Needs to leave to get his career back on track.

 


"We need to look into the Oranges". Commander In Cheat, April 2019.

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View murphywmm's Profile murphywmm Flag 04 May 19 3.26pm Send a Private Message to murphywmm Add murphywmm as a friend

Either Riedewald enjoys getting paid to do nothing - or he's frustrated as hell. Kind of strange to have a player and not bother to play him. Roy's decisions are a head-scratcher sometimes.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View dg1937's Profile dg1937 Flag 04 May 19 3.36pm Send a Private Message to dg1937 Add dg1937 as a friend

Originally posted by murphywmm

Either Riedewald enjoys getting paid to do nothing - or he's frustrated as hell. Kind of strange to have a player and not bother to play him. Roy's decisions are a head-scratcher sometimes.

Not that strange if the manager believes he has better options. Who do you suggest he should replace in the 1st team and why?

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Bangell's Profile Bangell Flag Oxford 04 May 19 3.53pm Send a Private Message to Bangell Add Bangell as a friend

Originally posted by murphywmm

Either Riedewald enjoys getting paid to do nothing - or he's frustrated as hell. Kind of strange to have a player and not bother to play him. Roy's decisions are a head-scratcher sometimes.

You'd trust him in central defence? Or pick him in central midfield over Luka, McArthur, Kouyate, Meyer?

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Spiderman's Profile Spiderman Flag Horsham 04 May 19 4.17pm Send a Private Message to Spiderman Add Spiderman as a friend

Originally posted by Bangell

You'd trust him in central defence? Or pick him in central midfield over Luka, McArthur, Kouyate, Meyer?

I would when we need to retain possession of the ball. I honestly believe JR will leave this summer and we will live to regret it. He cannot be a bad player, he graduated through the Ajax academy with most who are on the verge of a Champions League Final. Roy and Ray may well have got this one wrong

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Booted Eagle's Profile Booted Eagle Flag Bristol 04 May 19 4.59pm Send a Private Message to Booted Eagle Add Booted Eagle as a friend

Looks like this guys opportunity flew when FDB got the boot. Meyer might be going in a similar direction as he isn't starting like Riedewald as well today.

 


“ [T]here are known knowns; there are things we know that we know.There are known unknowns; that is to say there are things that, we now know we don't know.But there are also unknown unknowns – there are things we do not know we don't know. ”
—United States Secretary of Defense, Donald Rumsfeld

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply

 

Page 16 of 19 < 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 >

Previous Topic | Next Topic

You are here: Home > Message Board > Palace Talk > The Jairo Riedewald thread