You are here: Home > Message Board > News & Politics > South Africa
November 22 2019 1.30pm

South Africa

Previous Topic | Next Topic


Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 > Last

 

View Stirlingsays's Profile Stirlingsays Online Flag 30 Aug 18 2.48pm Send a Private Message to Stirlingsays Holmesdale Online Elite Member Add Stirlingsays as a friend

Why is it alright for the South African state to steal land off of white farmers?

Why is our so called 'conservative' leader ok with this?

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Penge Eagle's Profile Penge Eagle Flag Beckenham 30 Aug 18 3.31pm Send a Private Message to Penge Eagle Holmesdale Online Elite Member Add Penge Eagle as a friend

Because it has been done "legally" the same way the Nazis did it to the Jews.

 


New Palace fan site Screaming Alice [Link]

Alert Alert a moderator to this post | Board Moderator Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Stirlingsays's Profile Stirlingsays Online Flag 30 Aug 18 3.35pm Send a Private Message to Stirlingsays Holmesdale Online Elite Member Add Stirlingsays as a friend

Oh yes.....quite amusing that May decided to echo the actual excuse the South African state uses.

Wasn't apartheid passed 'legally' in South Africa?

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View cryrst's Profile cryrst Flag Chatham 30 Aug 18 5.33pm Send a Private Message to cryrst Add cryrst as a friend

Watch what happens
They will eat all the livestock
Kill all the crops
Put hundreds of their own out of work and be no better off.
Same happened in Zimbabwe and now look.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Stirlingsays's Profile Stirlingsays Online Flag 30 Aug 18 6.11pm Send a Private Message to Stirlingsays Holmesdale Online Elite Member Add Stirlingsays as a friend

Originally posted by cryrst

Watch what happens
They will eat all the livestock
Kill all the crops
Put hundreds of their own out of work and be no better off.
Same happened in Zimbabwe and now look.


Yet in Zimbabwe they just carried on regardless.

Destroyed their own country.....what was once the bread basket of Africa became a country that relied on food aid.

Africa is just one story of disaster after another.

Some people might begin to wander if it has something to do with IQ......weird how the graphs of IQ and wealth seem to correlate.

Some people might say that the idealogs have been lying to us and themselves for decades.....because they want the world to be one way when it's another.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View johnno42000's Profile johnno42000 Flag 30 Aug 18 6.13pm Send a Private Message to johnno42000 Add johnno42000 as a friend

I think one of the main problems in Africa stems from the handover of rights from the people in charge previously to the people in charge now.

I think if I were a black African having been in a country ruled by a minority of white people, and having had very few rights and powers in my own country I would be very angry.

However reality should overrule my anger and (if you accept that the land will be taken regardless) the way to seeing a more prosperous future isn't to land grab without the expertise of running a large farm. I would promise the white farmer a fair price for his land in exchange for training on how to run a successful farm, something that I'd imagine takes a lot of skill. Work in partnership for a while and then pay a fair price. That way everyone comes out with something.

Edited by johnno42000 (30 Aug 2018 6.14pm)

Edited by johnno42000 (30 Aug 2018 6.15pm)

 


'Lies to the masses as are like fly's to mollasses...they want more and more and more'

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View johnno42000's Profile johnno42000 Flag 30 Aug 18 6.18pm Send a Private Message to johnno42000 Add johnno42000 as a friend

Originally posted by Stirlingsays


Yet in Zimbabwe they just carried on regardless.

Destroyed their own country.....what was once the bread basket of Africa became a country that relied on food aid.

Africa is just one story of disaster after another.

Some people might begin to wander if it has something to do with IQ......weird how the graphs of IQ and wealth seem to correlate.

Some people might say that the idealogs have been lying to us and themselves for decades.....because they want the world to be one way when it's another.

Interestingly I had relatives who worked on a copper mine in Zambia and the person in charge when independence happened was a bit more sensible than most, at least for a while.

He encouraged the companies that ran the services to stay (although they were nationalised) and attempted to get them to teach the black Africans how to run things like the electricity systems. He certainly wasn't like Mugabe.

I said for a while and, just like almost everywhere, else the ruler KK became corrupted by power.

Edited by johnno42000 (30 Aug 2018 6.21pm)

 


'Lies to the masses as are like fly's to mollasses...they want more and more and more'

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Stirlingsays's Profile Stirlingsays Online Flag 30 Aug 18 6.23pm Send a Private Message to Stirlingsays Holmesdale Online Elite Member Add Stirlingsays as a friend

Originally posted by johnno42000

I think one of the main problems in Africa stems from the handover of rights from the people in charge previously to the people in charge now.

I think if I were a black African having been in a country ruled by a minority of white people, and having had very few rights and powers in my own country I would be very angry.

However reality should overrule my anger and (if you accept that the land will be taken regardless) the way to seeing a more prosperous future isn't to land grab without the expertise of running a large farm. I would promise the white farmer a fair price for his land in exchange for training on how to run a successful farm, something that I'd imagine takes a lot of skill. Work in partnership for a while and then pay a fair price. That way everyone comes out with something.

Edited by johnno42000 (30 Aug 2018 6.14pm)

Edited by johnno42000 (30 Aug 2018 6.15pm)


It takes the right kind of person.

It takes skill.....but most of all it takes hard work, perseverance, common sense and dedication.

These farms didn't exist before.....the state has zero rights to them. It is stealing based on racism.

This is similar to Israel.....Before they took the land it was nowhere near as rich as it is now. They made something off of the land because the Jews work hard and elect governments that enable them to profit from it.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Stirlingsays's Profile Stirlingsays Online Flag 30 Aug 18 6.25pm Send a Private Message to Stirlingsays Holmesdale Online Elite Member Add Stirlingsays as a friend

Originally posted by johnno42000

Interestingly I had relatives who worked on a copper mine in Zambia and the person in charge when independence happened was a bit more sensible than most, at least for a while.

He encouraged the companies that ran the services to stay (although they were nationalised) and attempted to get them to teach the black Africans how to run things like the electricity systems. He certainly wasn't like Mugabe.

I said for a while and, just like almost everywhere, else the ruler KK became corrupted by power.

Edited by johnno42000 (30 Aug 2018 6.21pm)


You mean like every single country in Africa.

Corruption is ingrained into the culture.

Strange about the crime and murder rate as well.

It's almost as if the left have been talking absolute rot for decades.

May is about to throw much more British tax payer money into this corruption zone.....She's as stupid as the rest of them.....but hey, it's not her money is it.


Edited by Stirlingsays (30 Aug 2018 6.50pm)

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View PalazioVecchio's Profile PalazioVecchio Flag south pole 30 Aug 18 7.03pm Send a Private Message to PalazioVecchio Add PalazioVecchio as a friend

the treatment of white farmers in Zimbabwe was pure evil. Robert Mugabe is a Hitler.

 


from the Etihad, Emirates, Molyneux, London Stadium & Anfield to Old Trafford.....Raptors on the Road

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View johnno42000's Profile johnno42000 Flag 30 Aug 18 7.43pm Send a Private Message to johnno42000 Add johnno42000 as a friend

Originally posted by Stirlingsays


It takes the right kind of person.

It takes skill.....but most of all it takes hard work, perseverance, common sense and dedication.

These farms didn't exist before.....the state has zero rights to them. It is stealing based on racism.

This is similar to Israel.....Before they took the land it was nowhere near as rich as it is now. They made something off of the land because the Jews work hard and elect governments that enable them to profit from it.

I think you have to be realistic and say that this is going to happen. I was just trying to see a way which would enable the current farmer to get something out of the situation. I have no doubts that black Africans have the ability to work hard, have perseverance, common sense and dedication. What they may not have is the skill.

I presume they see the land grab as a form of nationalisation which has been done in this country. I'm sure some of the old coal mine owners, for instance, would have seen the forced taking of the mines in a similar way to the farmers.

 


'Lies to the masses as are like fly's to mollasses...they want more and more and more'

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View johnno42000's Profile johnno42000 Flag 30 Aug 18 7.54pm Send a Private Message to johnno42000 Add johnno42000 as a friend

Originally posted by Stirlingsays


You mean like every single country in Africa.

Corruption is ingrained into the culture.

Strange about the crime and murder rate as well.

It's almost as if the left have been talking absolute rot for decades.

May is about to throw much more British tax payer money into this corruption zone.....She's as stupid as the rest of them.....but hey, it's not her money is it.


Edited by Stirlingsays (30 Aug 2018 6.50pm)

I agree with you about pumping more money into parts of Africa. There may be the odd occasion where emergency food aid is required but apart from that I agree with you that we shouldn't.

The left and right both have questions to answer about Africa as it was used as a type of virtual cold war area in the 60's, 70's and 80's with both the right supporting countries and the left supporting countries.

 


'Lies to the masses as are like fly's to mollasses...they want more and more and more'

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply

 

Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 > Last

Previous Topic | Next Topic

You are here: Home > Message Board > News & Politics > South Africa