You are here: Home > Message Board > News & Politics > new migrant crisis
December 7 2022 12.48am

new migrant crisis

Previous Topic | Next Topic


Page 91 of 106 < 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 >

Play our World Cup 2022 Prediction League!

World Cup Prediction League 2022

Sponsor a forum or Advertise on the HOL!


 

View Far away fan's Profile Far away fan Flag On the border of jungle 22 Nov 22 8.08am Send a Private Message to Far away fan Add Far away fan as a friend

I believe they should be shot, they are illegal and putting national security at risk, while British homeless dying on the streets while invaders in hotels.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Badger11's Profile Badger11 Flag Beckenham 22 Nov 22 8.36am Send a Private Message to Badger11 Add Badger11 as a friend

Originally posted by Teddy Eagle


Sounds like Sir Keir is changing direction.

[Link]

I think we can all agree with the sentiment.

However I do not trust Labour when he says restrict immigration to skilled labour how does he define skilled?

IT workers, engineers, NHS medical staff, fair enough.

Or is Skilled a code word for Shelf stackers, car washers, waiters etc.

 


One more point

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Stirlingsays's Profile Stirlingsays Flag 22 Nov 22 1.52pm Send a Private Message to Stirlingsays Holmesdale Online Elite Member Add Stirlingsays as a friend

Originally posted by Badger11

I think we can all agree with the sentiment.

However I do not trust Labour when he says restrict immigration to skilled labour how does he define skilled?

IT workers, engineers, NHS medical staff, fair enough.

Or is Skilled a code word for Shelf stackers, car washers, waiters etc.

This has Tony Blair's fingerprints all over it.

It's his method of beating the Tories, cloak yourself in their policies to appear acceptable to a percent of their voters.

It's a lie of course and I detest liars, however it's going to work because....again, a percent of people are easily manipulated by propaganda.

The Tories are truly fecked.....but they did it, pretty much exclusively to themselves.

 


'Who are you and how did you get in here? I'm a locksmith. And, I'm a locksmith.' (Leslie Nielsen)

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View PalazioVecchio's Profile PalazioVecchio Flag south pole 22 Nov 22 4.55pm Send a Private Message to PalazioVecchio Add PalazioVecchio as a friend

Originally posted by Stirlingsays

The Tories are truly fecked.....but they did it, pretty much exclusively to themselves.

since 1946 the Tories have been promising to control immigration, and winning elections off the back of that promise.

And the public continue to vote for them. Isn't that the definition of madness ?

to be continuously doing the same failed activity and hoping for a better outcome the next time ?

Edited by PalazioVecchio (22 Nov 2022 5.06pm)

 


7 points from Manchester last season

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Stirlingsays's Profile Stirlingsays Flag 22 Nov 22 5.25pm Send a Private Message to Stirlingsays Holmesdale Online Elite Member Add Stirlingsays as a friend

Originally posted by PalazioVecchio

since 1946 the Tories have been promising to control immigration, and winning elections off the back of that promise.

And the public continue to vote for them. Isn't that the definition of madness ?

to be continuously doing the same failed activity and hoping for a better outcome the next time ?

Edited by PalazioVecchio (22 Nov 2022 5.06pm)

Yep, I think Einstein coined that idea.

The Tories have certainly lied to and betrayed their base.

A party should always tell the truth to those who knock on the doors for them and do all the unpaid donkey work that needs to be done. But on immigration it's been nothing but half truth and lies.

But there's a certain level of contempt that the party elite have for the ones paying those dues.....That's with both Tory and Labour.

Edited by Stirlingsays (22 Nov 2022 5.26pm)

 


'Who are you and how did you get in here? I'm a locksmith. And, I'm a locksmith.' (Leslie Nielsen)

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Hrolf The Ganger's Profile Hrolf The Ganger Flag 23 Nov 22 9.39am Send a Private Message to Hrolf The Ganger Add Hrolf The Ganger as a friend

Keir Starmer will say anything to get elected.

Anyone who believes anything he says, particularly about immigration, is a deluded fool.

The only answer is a third breakaway party who would actually campaign on preserving Britain as much as that is possible after decades of mass immigration and actually follow through on what has been obviously needed for those said decades.

More training for British workers.
Much less reliance on immigrants.
The realisation that immigration to fill job vacancies and grow the economy is a self defeating policy.

The more people you have here, the greater the cost. The greater the cost, the more people you need.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View silvertop's Profile silvertop Flag Portishead 23 Nov 22 9.52am Send a Private Message to silvertop Add silvertop as a friend

Originally posted by Far away fan

I believe they should be shot, they are illegal and putting national security at risk, while British homeless dying on the streets while invaders in hotels.

Well they will not be as, fortunately, Germany lost the war.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View silvertop's Profile silvertop Flag Portishead 23 Nov 22 10.03am Send a Private Message to silvertop Add silvertop as a friend

Originally posted by Hrolf The Ganger

Keir Starmer will say anything to get elected.

Anyone who believes anything he says, particularly about immigration, is a deluded fool.

The only answer is a third breakaway party who would actually campaign on preserving Britain as much as that is possible after decades of mass immigration and actually follow through on what has been obviously needed for those said decades.

More training for British workers.
Much less reliance on immigrants.
The realisation that immigration to fill job vacancies and grow the economy is a self defeating policy.

The more people you have here, the greater the cost. The greater the cost, the more people you need.

Yes, but is he alone in that?

Your dream of a predominately right-wing anti-immigration party is not unlikely, and this site is proof that there is much cry for it, but I fear you will end up bitterly disappointed.

The current crop are already the type of populist Brexiteers who would jump ship and seek to dominate that party; and they have proven themselves to be duplicitous and the lowest hanging fruit in terms of quality. What follows is likely to be even worse, with an appalling "charismatic" leader waiting to rise and lead them.

You will no doubt disagree with this, but a Labour lurching to the right or a Tory to the center, either who promise these objectives, will be the best balance in terms of quality of delivery and stewardship of our battered economy.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View silvertop's Profile silvertop Flag Portishead 23 Nov 22 10.07am Send a Private Message to silvertop Add silvertop as a friend

Originally posted by Stirlingsays

This has Tony Blair's fingerprints all over it.

It's his method of beating the Tories, cloak yourself in their policies to appear acceptable to a percent of their voters.

It's a lie of course and I detest liars, however it's going to work because....again, a percent of people are easily manipulated by propaganda.

The Tories are truly fecked.....but they did it, pretty much exclusively to themselves.

And like I said to Hrolf, true, but not a characteristic unique to Labour.

And if they come good on the deal, what do you care who they are if this is the policy you are most interested in?

"IF", of course, is the key word.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View The Dolphin's Profile The Dolphin Flag 23 Nov 22 10.20am Send a Private Message to The Dolphin Add The Dolphin as a friend

Blair is apparently all over Labour at the moment, telling them what to do and how to do it.
Given that he is the man who changed the face of this country for ever and for worse it is very scary indeed!

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View ASCPFC's Profile ASCPFC Flag Pro-Cathedral/caravan park 23 Nov 22 12.30pm Send a Private Message to ASCPFC Add ASCPFC as a friend

I noticed that in Ireland Ukrainian refugees are at 50,000 and rising, whilst "international protection" asylum seekers and the like are massively up at 17,000 odd already - expected to be 20,000. It's 4 percent of our entire population.
If the numbers were similar in the UK, that would conservatively be well over 1 million extra people this year!
This is serious and people and services are under genuine strain, when a lot were already readily described by the government as 'in crisis'. Housing no 1, health no. 2. Both are basically non-existent. Education and social services stretched beyond the limit too. How do teachers with 30 odd students each take on an extra couple of Ukrainians each and perhaps one other - all likely to have no English? Not thought through whatsoever.
How do social workers, already failing their current clients, take on loads of extra refugee families, and indeed singles? No one extra hired. Not thought through. There are countless other areas this is happening in too.

 


Patrick Vieira's
Red and Blue Army!

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View silvertop's Profile silvertop Flag Portishead 23 Nov 22 1.46pm Send a Private Message to silvertop Add silvertop as a friend

Originally posted by The Dolphin

Blair is apparently all over Labour at the moment, telling them what to do and how to do it.
Given that he is the man who changed the face of this country for ever and for worse it is very scary indeed!

Economy then.
Economy now.
Our place in the world then.
Our place in the world now.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply

 

Page 91 of 106 < 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 >

Previous Topic | Next Topic

You are here: Home > Message Board > News & Politics > new migrant crisis