You are here: Home > Message Board > News & Politics > Veganuary
April 18 2019 11.52am

Veganuary

Previous Topic | Next Topic


Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >

 

View Stirlingsays's Profile Stirlingsays Flag Wisbech, England 07 Jan 19 5.33pm Send a Private Message to Stirlingsays Holmesdale Online Elite Member Add Stirlingsays as a friend

Originally posted by Spiderman

Perhaps this is about the inhumane way animals are treated! What artificial sh** is pumped into your meat to make it "red". I am not a vegan but dont eat red meat and have a lot of sympathy for the way vegans are portrayed. Piers Morgan being a prime example


Yeah, I kind of have some sympathy for this view.

While I'm not convinced that humans shouldn't be eating meat there are definitely ethical issues over how animals are treated.

The day isn't far from us when meat can be mass produced without the meat 'farming' industry....This form of automation is going to have a dramatic affect on jobs and livelihoods.....and indeed a way of life that is hundreds of thousands of years old.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Mapletree's Profile Mapletree Flag Croydon 07 Jan 19 5.43pm Send a Private Message to Mapletree Add Mapletree as a friend

Originally posted by Stirlingsays


Yeah, I kind of have some sympathy for this view.

While I'm not convinced that humans shouldn't be eating meat there are definitely ethical issues over how animals are treated.

The day isn't far from us when meat can be mass produced without the meat 'farming' industry....This form of automation is going to have a dramatic affect on jobs and livelihoods.....and indeed a way of life that is hundreds of thousands of years old.

Haha, you just wait

UK husbandry is the best in the world. We won't be able to hold the line after Brexit, especially if we crash out. As I have said before, much of our meat farming will be usurped by cheap foreign producers if we are on World Trade Organisation rules. If you always wanted bigger t*ts they aren't far away.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Stirlingsays's Profile Stirlingsays Flag Wisbech, England 07 Jan 19 5.44pm Send a Private Message to Stirlingsays Holmesdale Online Elite Member Add Stirlingsays as a friend

Originally posted by Mapletree

Haha, you just wait

UK husbandry is the best in the world. We won't be able to hold the line after Brexit, especially if we crash out. As I have said before, much of our meat farming will be usurped by cheap foreign producers if we are on World Trade Organisation rules. If you always wanted bigger t*ts they aren't far away.

Let's not turn this into a Brexit discussion Maples....it's not as though we haven't got a record breaking thread on the issue.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Mapletree's Profile Mapletree Flag Croydon 07 Jan 19 6.38pm Send a Private Message to Mapletree Add Mapletree as a friend

Originally posted by Stirlingsays

Let's not turn this into a Brexit discussion Maples....it's not as though we haven't got a record breaking thread on the issue.

Yeh, you're probably right

I wonder though if veganism will accelerate if the reliability of meat drops. Foreign meat is well full of antibiotics and hormones. And of course chlorine.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Stirlingsays's Profile Stirlingsays Flag Wisbech, England 07 Jan 19 7.03pm Send a Private Message to Stirlingsays Holmesdale Online Elite Member Add Stirlingsays as a friend

Originally posted by Mapletree

Yeh, you're probably right

I wonder though if veganism will accelerate if the reliability of meat drops. Foreign meat is well full of antibiotics and hormones. And of course chlorine.

You know I think it will, at least compared to now.

Still I can't see it going mainstream.....It's frigging hardcore and makes being a veggie look like a fad for pansies.

But is being a vegan a denial of what we are as a species.....yeah I think it probably is a form of rejectionism.

It's ethical....but is it right? Which sounds like a paradoxical statement....For example, is it right to feed a cat vegetables and save the mouses and rats?

What should be a human being's relationship to nature and our environment?

Having said that.....man I could murder a big Mac at the moment....hormones, e numbers and the rest of it.


Edited by Stirlingsays (07 Jan 2019 7.09pm)

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View cryrst's Profile cryrst Flag Chatham 07 Jan 19 7.09pm Send a Private Message to cryrst Add cryrst as a friend

Originally posted by IMpalace

Can I ask why you think it's total bollocks?

Because we are born to hunt kill and eat meat.
Anyone that doesnt want to doesnt have to but i hate the forced nature of the argument.
Bullying and the like.
Whats it got to do with anyone but me.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Badger11's Profile Badger11 Flag Beckenham 07 Jan 19 7.38pm Send a Private Message to Badger11 Add Badger11 as a friend

Just back from my yoga retreat 3 veggie meals a day, normally I would be happy to eat 3 meat meals per day.

I have to say the food was delicious and I didn't miss meat whilst I was there. I think that was because they didn't try and do meat substitutes like Linda McCartney meals (veggie sausage, whats the point).

I don't think I will ever give up meat but I feel better and as someone pointed out in a earlier post it takes days for meat to digest in your gut so not a bad thing to lay off it a few days a week.

 


One more point

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Tom-the-eagle's Profile Tom-the-eagle Flag Croydon 07 Jan 19 8.02pm Send a Private Message to Tom-the-eagle Add Tom-the-eagle as a friend

Originally posted by Badger11

Just back from my yoga retreat 3 veggie meals a day, normally I would be happy to eat 3 meat meals per day.

I have to say the food was delicious and I didn't miss meat whilst I was there. I think that was because they didn't try and do meat substitutes like Linda McCartney meals (veggie sausage, whats the point).

I don't think I will ever give up meat but I feel better and as someone pointed out in a earlier post it takes days for meat to digest in your gut so not a bad thing to lay off it a few days a week.


You are getting gayer by the day Badger

 


"It feels much better than it ever did, much more sensitive." John Wayne Bobbit

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Mapletree's Profile Mapletree Flag Croydon 07 Jan 19 10.49pm Send a Private Message to Mapletree Add Mapletree as a friend

Originally posted by Stirlingsays

You know I think it will, at least compared to now.

Still I can't see it going mainstream.....It's frigging hardcore and makes being a veggie look like a fad for pansies.

But is being a vegan a denial of what we are as a species.....yeah I think it probably is a form of rejectionism.

It's ethical....but is it right? Which sounds like a paradoxical statement....For example, is it right to feed a cat vegetables and save the mouses and rats?

What should be a human being's relationship to nature and our environment?

Having said that.....man I could murder a big Mac at the moment....hormones, e numbers and the rest of it.


Edited by Stirlingsays (07 Jan 2019 7.09pm)

You are looking for the meaning of life on a football supporters’ board.

Unlike most other animals we have significant choice over our nature.

Maybe Vegans are further up the evolutionary scale.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Jimenez's Profile Jimenez Flag SELHURSTPARKCHESTER,DA BRONX 07 Jan 19 10.52pm Send a Private Message to Jimenez Add Jimenez as a friend

Originally posted by Tom-the-eagle


You are getting gayer by the day Badger

 


Pro USA & Israel

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Stirlingsays's Profile Stirlingsays Flag Wisbech, England 07 Jan 19 10.54pm Send a Private Message to Stirlingsays Holmesdale Online Elite Member Add Stirlingsays as a friend

Originally posted by Mapletree

You are looking for the meaning of life on a football supporters’ board.

Unlike most other animals we have significant choice over our nature.

Maybe Vegans are further up the evolutionary scale.

Yep, probably just under Vulcans.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Mapletree's Profile Mapletree Flag Croydon 07 Jan 19 10.56pm Send a Private Message to Mapletree Add Mapletree as a friend

Originally posted by Stirlingsays

Yep, probably just under Vulcans.

I saw you more as a Klingon man.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply

 

Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >

Previous Topic | Next Topic

You are here: Home > Message Board > News & Politics > Veganuary