You are here: Home > Message Board > Palace Talk > The Vicente Guaita thread
May 23 2019 2.19am

The Vicente Guaita thread

Previous Topic | Next Topic


Page 10 of 12 < 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 >

This forum is sponsored by

Football Index

Sponsor a forum or Advertise on the HOL!

 

View PZ Eagle's Profile PZ Eagle Flag Penzance 28 Apr 19 4.51pm Send a Private Message to PZ Eagle Add PZ Eagle as a friend

Originally posted by Willo

A very impressive shot stopper but not commanding when the ball is in the air.

Which the coaching staff are aware of which is why Wayne played against Burnley because of their tactic of raining crosses to their big two front men. Actually good move as it turned out.

 


Conjunctivitis.com - A site for sore eyes.

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View NickinOX's Profile NickinOX Flag Sailing country. 28 Apr 19 4.51pm Send a Private Message to NickinOX Add NickinOX as a friend

Originally posted by cpj

A very good save but lucky that two hit the post - the second a cross that he totally misjudged (like at Man City). No better than Hennessey in my opinion (and his kicking is worse). I fel we can still get a better keeper in.

No better. Really?

Premier league games this season.

Hennessey: Games 18; Clean sheets 5; Wins 4; Draws 3; Losses 11

Guaita: Games 18; Clean sheets 7; Wins 8; Draws 4; Losses 6

Let's also not ignore that Hennessey had our first choice center halves in front of him for most of his games too.

Hennessey has improved, but he’s simply not as good. Furthermore, with Guaita in goal we have a very good record in the division.

 


If you come to a fork in the road, take it.

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Painter's Profile Painter Flag Croydon 28 Apr 19 5.10pm Send a Private Message to Painter Add Painter as a friend

Originally posted by Willo

A very impressive shot stopper but not commanding when the ball is in the air.

When have we ever had a keeper, that is commanding coming for crosses in recent memory.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Booted Eagle's Profile Booted Eagle Flag Bristol 28 Apr 19 5.11pm Send a Private Message to Booted Eagle Add Booted Eagle as a friend

Obviously has come from a decent defensive Spanish team under Jose Bordalas. Was watching them against Real Madrid this week and the commentator mentioned they had the 2nd best defensive record in the league, behind Atletico !! If we are looking for a manager to continue Roy's good defensive work then this guy could be worth a punt.

Edited by Booted Eagle (28 Apr 2019 5.12pm)

 


“ [T]here are known knowns; there are things we know that we know.There are known unknowns; that is to say there are things that, we now know we don't know.But there are also unknown unknowns – there are things we do not know we don't know. ”
—United States Secretary of Defense, Donald Rumsfeld

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Tlsestu's Profile Tlsestu Flag Toulouse 28 Apr 19 5.51pm Send a Private Message to Tlsestu Add Tlsestu as a friend

He's only played 18 games in his first season in the premership, even De Gea took time to settle in. I'm not sure if he has had to deal with so many aerial balls in Spanish football but with more experience and coaching his all round game will improve

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Helmet46's Profile Helmet46 Flag Caterham 28 Apr 19 5.58pm Send a Private Message to Helmet46 Add Helmet46 as a friend

Personally I reckon he’s head and shoulders above Wayne. You can see the back line is more confident when he’s there.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Tom-the-eagle's Profile Tom-the-eagle Flag Croydon 28 Apr 19 6.04pm Send a Private Message to Tom-the-eagle Add Tom-the-eagle as a friend

I would say that Vincent's is a slight improvement on the Wayne of this season and a huge improvement on the Wayne of past seasons.

 


"It feels much better than it ever did, much more sensitive." John Wayne Bobbit

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View NickinOX's Profile NickinOX Flag Sailing country. 28 Apr 19 10.50pm Send a Private Message to NickinOX Add NickinOX as a friend

I just looked it up. Guaita has played 17.5 league games this season and conceded 16 goals. Transfermarkt credits Wayne's two goals conceded against watford to Guaita.

Taking out the half game (against Watford) which we were winning (Watford scored two after Guaita went off the pitch), we have gained 28 points with him in goal in 17 games. 1.6 ppg.

Hennessey has played 17.5 games and conceded 28 goals, mostly behind our first choice defence. We have won 15 points with Hennessey in goal in 17.5 games. .86 ppg


Edited by NickinOX (28 Apr 2019 10.51pm)

 


If you come to a fork in the road, take it.

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Tickled pink's Profile Tickled pink Flag Cornwall 29 Apr 19 2.21am Send a Private Message to Tickled pink Add Tickled pink as a friend

Originally posted by NickinOX

No better. Really?

Premier league games this season.

Hennessey: Games 18; Clean sheets 5; Wins 4; Draws 3; Losses 11

Guaita: Games 18; Clean sheets 7; Wins 8; Draws 4; Losses 6

Let's also not ignore that Hennessey had our first choice center halves in front of him for most of his games too.

Hennessey has improved, but he’s simply not as good. Furthermore, with Guaita in goal we have a very good record in the division.

Guaita holds the defence together a lot tighter because they can rely on him although he gets very carried away the other way round when he can't rely on them to clear the ball ..Watford cup game springs to mind, he is easily good enough for us especially with a stronger line in front of him.

Hennessey lacks confidence too often and is very indecisive in the one place where you don't need it sorry to say.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View CT GUY-BIGBALD EAGLE's Profile CT GUY-BIGBALD EAGLE Flag bloomfield 29 Apr 19 2.24am Send a Private Message to CT GUY-BIGBALD EAGLE Add CT GUY-BIGBALD EAGLE as a friend

Them numbers dont lie brother!

Originally posted by NickinOX

I just looked it up. Guaita has played 17.5 league games this season and conceded 16 goals. Transfermarkt credits Wayne's two goals conceded against watford to Guaita.

Taking out the half game (against Watford) which we were winning (Watford scored two after Guaita went off the pitch), we have gained 28 points with him in goal in 17 games. 1.6 ppg.

Hennessey has played 17.5 games and conceded 28 goals, mostly behind our first choice defence. We have won 15 points with Hennessey in goal in 17.5 games. .86 ppg


Edited by NickinOX (28 Apr 2019 10.51pm)

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View kennybrowns leftfoot's Profile kennybrowns leftfoot Flag Moved Again.. Banstead now Darling... 29 Apr 19 4.50am Send a Private Message to kennybrowns leftfoot Add kennybrowns leftfoot as a friend

Originally posted by Tlsestu

He's only played 18 games in his first season in the premership, even De Gea took time to settle in. I'm not sure if he has had to deal with so many aerial balls in Spanish football but with more experience and coaching his all round game will improve

Yeah I agree with this.. I can actually remember De Gea being quite poor at first.. Its fair to say now hes one of the best goalkeepers in the world.
I'm not trying to say Guaita will be that to but I think he will be fine.. I like him and think he looks class... Also he has that mental look about him that most keepers have and I like that!!

 


Don't waste your time with jealousy. Sometimes your ahead, sometimes your behind, the race is long. But in the end it's only with yourself!!

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View ARGILE OLD GEEZER's Profile ARGILE OLD GEEZER Flag PORTIMAO 29 Apr 19 7.25am Send a Private Message to ARGILE OLD GEEZER Add ARGILE OLD GEEZER as a friend

Originally posted by Willo

A very impressive shot stopper but not commanding when the ball is in the air.

Reminds me of a certain Argentinian, but i think a better shot stopper, IMHO

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply

 

Page 10 of 12 < 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 >

Previous Topic | Next Topic

You are here: Home > Message Board > Palace Talk > The Vicente Guaita thread