You are here: Home > Message Board > Palace Talk > The Vicente Guaita thread
October 22 2019 9.32am

The Vicente Guaita thread

Previous Topic | Next Topic


Page 21 of 24 < 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 >

This forum is sponsored by

Football Index

Sponsor a forum or Advertise on the HOL!

 

View MikeCrete's Profile MikeCrete Flag Cheam/Crete 10 Oct 19 6.16pm Send a Private Message to MikeCrete Add MikeCrete as a friend

One fact you mentioned is that Guiata is currently operating behind the 3rd best defence in the league. A luxury that WH has never experienced.

That is because VG is so far superior to WH not because of who is in the defence. Have not read through the posts since yours but doubt if there are too many who disagree. Aston Villa away.. lost 1 nil solely down to WH, So many other examples of hos lack of commanding his 6 yard box, let alone area. VG will get us higher up the table by a few places & at £1.9M per place that's very useful at the moment.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Tom-the-eagle's Profile Tom-the-eagle Flag Croydon 10 Oct 19 7.42pm Send a Private Message to Tom-the-eagle Add Tom-the-eagle as a friend

Originally posted by PZ Eagle

Anybody that infers that I am another man's boyfriend is not on and same goes for you who said you were wondering the same thing. So no apology from me rather it should be the other way round.

Wales just about to kickoff against Slovakia.

You might want to get yourself in front of the telly with a big box of tissues mate.

 


"It feels much better than it ever did, much more sensitive." John Wayne Bobbit

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View cryrst's Profile cryrst Flag Chatham 10 Oct 19 7.44pm Send a Private Message to cryrst Add cryrst as a friend

Originally posted by Tom-the-eagle

Wales just about to kickoff against Slovakia.

You might want to get yourself in front of the telly with a big box of tissues mate.

Tom please.
Kleenex are the best.
So I've heard.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View PZ Eagle's Profile PZ Eagle Flag Penzance 10 Oct 19 8.10pm Send a Private Message to PZ Eagle Add PZ Eagle as a friend

Originally posted by MikeCrete

One fact you mentioned is that Guiata is currently operating behind the 3rd best defence in the league. A luxury that WH has never experienced.

That is because VG is so far superior to WH not because of who is in the defence. Have not read through the posts since yours but doubt if there are too many who disagree. Aston Villa away.. lost 1 nil solely down to WH, So many other examples of hos lack of commanding his 6 yard box, let alone area. VG will get us higher up the table by a few places & at £1.9M per place that's very useful at the moment.

A goal keeper alone will not win you the league or get you relegated. Sunderland relegated with Jordon Pickford who sold for £30 mil now England's regular keeper. It was suggested once we should have gone for Ben Foster an ex England keeper and a bloody good one.
However one plays for Everton and the other Watford and look where they are in the table now. If the defence, or the team, is not good the best goalkeeper in the country will not save you. I think that is reasonable to conclude that however good you think VG is he is not doing it alone. VG is in situ at the moment but if he gets injured Hennessey will be in goal and do a good job.

If you want to quote a game three years ago to highlight an error by WH I suggest you remember under Sam A when were not safe and had Chelsea Arsenal and Liverpool where we won all three with Hennessey in goal. He was brilliant against Chelsea and probably winning that game maybe gave us the spur to go and beat Arsenal and Liverpool and was a major factor in avoiding relegation.

All I am really saying is WH is a competentt PL keeper and not "sh1t" as some infer.

Edited by PZ Eagle (10 Oct 2019 8.13pm)

 


Conjunctivitis.com - A site for sore eyes.

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View PZ Eagle's Profile PZ Eagle Flag Penzance 10 Oct 19 8.17pm Send a Private Message to PZ Eagle Add PZ Eagle as a friend

Originally posted by Tom-the-eagle

Wales just about to kickoff against Slovakia.

You might want to get yourself in front of the telly with a big box of tissues mate.

Think your'e funny do you? I am an England fan and couldn't give a monkeys about Wales.

Edited by PZ Eagle (10 Oct 2019 9.08pm)

 


Conjunctivitis.com - A site for sore eyes.

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Casual's Profile Casual Flag Orpington 10 Oct 19 9.00pm Send a Private Message to Casual Add Casual as a friend

Originally posted by PZ Eagle

Think your'e funny do you? I am an England fan and couldn't give a toss about Wales.

“Couldn’t give a toss”
Very good if you meant it.
Tragic if you never

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Casual's Profile Casual Flag Orpington 11 Oct 19 6.20am Send a Private Message to Casual Add Casual as a friend

Originally posted by PZ Eagle

Think your'e funny do you? I am an England fan and couldn't give a monkeys about Wales.

Edited by PZ Eagle (10 Oct 2019 9.08pm)

You edited “ toss” to “monkeys.”
Ha ha

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View sprites's Profile sprites Flag Auckland 11 Oct 19 7.27am Send a Private Message to sprites Add sprites as a friend

Originally posted by PZ Eagle

A goal keeper alone will not win you the league or get you relegated. Sunderland relegated with Jordon Pickford who sold for £30 mil now England's regular keeper. It was suggested once we should have gone for Ben Foster an ex England keeper and a bloody good one.
However one plays for Everton and the other Watford and look where they are in the table now. If the defence, or the team, is not good the best goalkeeper in the country will not save you. I think that is reasonable to conclude that however good you think VG is he is not doing it alone. VG is in situ at the moment but if he gets injured Hennessey will be in goal and do a good job.

If you want to quote a game three years ago to highlight an error by WH I suggest you remember under Sam A when were not safe and had Chelsea Arsenal and Liverpool where we won all three with Hennessey in goal. He was brilliant against Chelsea and probably winning that game maybe gave us the spur to go and beat Arsenal and Liverpool and was a major factor in avoiding relegation.

All I am really saying is WH is a competentt PL keeper and not "sh1t" as some infer.

Edited by PZ Eagle (10 Oct 2019 8.13pm)

Word. Agree. Lucky to have a decent #2.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Tom-the-eagle's Profile Tom-the-eagle Flag Croydon 11 Oct 19 8.56am Send a Private Message to Tom-the-eagle Add Tom-the-eagle as a friend

Originally posted by sprites

Word. Agree. Lucky to have a decent #2.

You are correct. Wayne is a number 2

 


"It feels much better than it ever did, much more sensitive." John Wayne Bobbit

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View PZ Eagle's Profile PZ Eagle Flag Penzance 11 Oct 19 9.44am Send a Private Message to PZ Eagle Add PZ Eagle as a friend

Originally posted by Casual

“Couldn’t give a toss”
Very good if you meant it.
Tragic if you never


Yes I did change it to monkeys as your other post states.

The phrases "don't give a damn" "Don't give a monkeys"
or even "don't give a toss" all mean he same thing ie not caring.
I obviously used the wrong one because I forgot that a cyber bully with a low intelligence quotient would come along and twist it's meaning to an offensive personal insult!!!

Edited by PZ Eagle (11 Oct 2019 9.47am)

 


Conjunctivitis.com - A site for sore eyes.

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View crvenaeagle's Profile crvenaeagle Flag 11 Oct 19 11.33am Send a Private Message to crvenaeagle Add crvenaeagle as a friend

Originally posted by PZ Eagle


Yes I did change it to monkeys as your other post states.

The phrases "don't give a damn" "Don't give a monkeys"
or even "don't give a toss" all mean he same thing ie not caring.
I obviously used the wrong one because I forgot that a cyber bully with a low intelligence quotient would come along and twist it's meaning to an offensive personal insult!!!

Edited by PZ Eagle (11 Oct 2019 9.47am)

Gotta admit though, it was kinda funny.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View PZ Eagle's Profile PZ Eagle Flag Penzance 11 Oct 19 11.51am Send a Private Message to PZ Eagle Add PZ Eagle as a friend

Originally posted by crvenaeagle

Gotta admit though, it was kinda funny.


Only to a warped mind.

 


Conjunctivitis.com - A site for sore eyes.

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply

 

Page 21 of 24 < 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 >

Previous Topic | Next Topic

You are here: Home > Message Board > Palace Talk > The Vicente Guaita thread