You are here: Home > Message Board > General Talk > Tonights boxing
July 12 2020 5.44pm

Tonights boxing

Previous Topic | Next Topic


Page 5 of 46 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 >

 

View A89M's Profile A89M Flag Streatham 18 May 19 6.28pm Send a Private Message to A89M Add A89M as a friend

Live in hope that Brezeale can pull of an upset!

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Stirlingsays's Profile Stirlingsays Flag 18 May 19 6.32pm Send a Private Message to Stirlingsays Holmesdale Online Elite Member Add Stirlingsays as a friend

I'm on the Breazeale train tonight.......He's slow moving with slow hands so he's made for Wilder.....but still.....I can't stand Wilder.

So...come on my son!

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Tom-the-eagle's Profile Tom-the-eagle Flag Croydon 19 May 19 5.56pm Send a Private Message to Tom-the-eagle Add Tom-the-eagle as a friend

Utter mismatch.

Thank goodness I didn't stay up to watch it.

Don't want to see Breazeale anywhere near a world title fight ever again. Shockingly poor skill set.

May of been ranked no 1 contender but in truth he isn't even in the top 20 world heavyweights. Chisora or White would have both beaten him. Even Allen or Price may have.

Fair play to Wilder though. Also goes to show how good Fury is.

 


"It feels much better than it ever did, much more sensitive." John Wayne Bobbit

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Lyons550's Profile Lyons550 Flag Shirley 19 May 19 6.25pm Send a Private Message to Lyons550 Add Lyons550 as a friend

Originally posted by Tom-the-eagle

Utter mismatch.

Thank goodness I didn't stay up to watch it.

Don't want to see Breazeale anywhere near a world title fight ever again. Shockingly poor skill set.

May of been ranked no 1 contender but in truth he isn't even in the top 20 world heavyweights. Chisora or White would have both beaten him. Even Allen or Price may have.

Fair play to Wilder though. Also goes to show how good Fury is.


Cant believe i stayed up for that!

Wilder is a one trick pony...Breazeale almost caught him whilst in the corner...if AJ ctaches him, it'll be goodnight!

 


The Voice of Reason In An Otherwise Mediocre World

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Tom-the-eagle's Profile Tom-the-eagle Flag Croydon 19 May 19 6.28pm Send a Private Message to Tom-the-eagle Add Tom-the-eagle as a friend

Originally posted by Lyons550


Cant believe i stayed up for that!

Wilder is a one trick pony...Breazeale almost caught him whilst in the corner...if AJ ctaches him, it'll be goodnight!

To be fair, it's a hell of a trick!

Personally regarding AJ I think it's a case of who catches who first.

 


"It feels much better than it ever did, much more sensitive." John Wayne Bobbit

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Lyons550's Profile Lyons550 Flag Shirley 19 May 19 6.49pm Send a Private Message to Lyons550 Add Lyons550 as a friend

Originally posted by Tom-the-eagle

To be fair, it's a hell of a trick!

Personally regarding AJ I think it's a case of who catches who first.


You're right of course...BUT, as Fury did AJ will simply keep him out of reach with a Telegraph Pole of a jab (something Fury doesnt have) to soften him up...I think we'll see a lighter faster AJ when the match is made..

 


The Voice of Reason In An Otherwise Mediocre World

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Tom-the-eagle's Profile Tom-the-eagle Flag Croydon 19 May 19 7.01pm Send a Private Message to Tom-the-eagle Add Tom-the-eagle as a friend

Originally posted by Lyons550


You're right of course...BUT, as Fury did AJ will simply keep him out of reach with a Telegraph Pole of a jab (something Fury doesnt have) to soften him up...I think we'll see a lighter faster AJ when the match is made..

You may well be right. Personally I can't split them. DW has truly devastating power and whilst I agree with you regarding the skills of AJ I just feel if DW gets through it could be goodnight.


Just hope these fights will soon be made. Now Wilder is back to winning ways I think the AJ fight needs to go ahead ASAP whilst both are still top of their game.

 


"It feels much better than it ever did, much more sensitive." John Wayne Bobbit

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Hrolf The Ganger's Profile Hrolf The Ganger Flag 19 May 19 8.13pm Send a Private Message to Hrolf The Ganger Add Hrolf The Ganger as a friend

Brazeale is a dreadful fighter and did not deserve to be no.1 contender.
Anyone who paid for that was a mug.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Maine Eagle's Profile Maine Eagle Flag USA 21 May 19 6.37pm Send a Private Message to Maine Eagle Add Maine Eagle as a friend

Originally posted by Tom-the-eagle

You may well be right. Personally I can't split them. DW has truly devastating power and whilst I agree with you regarding the skills of AJ I just feel if DW gets through it could be goodnight.


Just hope these fights will soon be made. Now Wilder is back to winning ways I think the AJ fight needs to go ahead ASAP whilst both are still top of their game.

Wilder has had 1 test in his entire career, and he was exposed against Fury as the utterly s***e boxer and tactician that he is. Watching that fight again it looks even worse with his telegraphed windmill punches, straight out of the school playground.

He has one magic eraser which is his devastating power but AJ has been knocked down by a power hitter, came through the war, and prevailed against Klitscko.

AJ is too good for DW, as AJ can box, but also has devastating power shots.

Wilder would fear AJ a lot more than Breazeale so probably wouldnt go after an early KO, which plays into AJ's hands as the rounds rack up with AJ winning on points. Judges screwed over Fury badly but that is less likely with a power hitter, Fury's issue was he didnt really heavily tag DW in the whole fight.

DW could definitely knock him out but smart money is on AJ with a late round stoppage or on points.

 


"We need to look into the Oranges". Commander In Cheat, April 2019.

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
deleted user Flag 21 May 19 6.56pm

Originally posted by Maine Eagle

Wilder has had 1 test in his entire career, and he was exposed against Fury as the utterly s***e boxer and tactician that he is. Watching that fight again it looks even worse with his telegraphed windmill punches, straight out of the school playground.

He has one magic eraser which is his devastating power but AJ has been knocked down by a power hitter, came through the war, and prevailed against Klitscko.

AJ is too good for DW, as AJ can box, but also has devastating power shots.

Wilder would fear AJ a lot more than Breazeale so probably wouldnt go after an early KO, which plays into AJ's hands as the rounds rack up with AJ winning on points. Judges screwed over Fury badly but that is less likely with a power hitter, Fury's issue was he didnt really heavily tag DW in the whole fight.

DW could definitely knock him out but smart money is on AJ with a late round stoppage or on points.

I think on their day, in any combination of match ups between Joshua, Wilder and Fury any of them could win. They are have quite distinct pros and cons. The unfortunate thing is that their individual deals may well get in the way of a new golden era. Let's hope not though.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Quote this post in a reply
deleted user Flag 21 May 19 7.48pm

Just noticed this [Link]

Tyson Fury says Deontay Wilder rematch 'likely' in March or April

Too far off for my liking, but hopefully it'll happen, rather than more no hoper match ups.


 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Quote this post in a reply
View Stirlingsays's Profile Stirlingsays Flag 21 May 19 8.01pm Send a Private Message to Stirlingsays Holmesdale Online Elite Member Add Stirlingsays as a friend

Originally posted by dollardays

Just noticed this [Link]

Tyson Fury says Deontay Wilder rematch 'likely' in March or April

Too far off for my liking, but hopefully it'll happen, rather than more no hoper match ups.


I'd be surprised if he takes it then as the deal with ESPN is a five fight deal. I'd imagine the real risks will be the last two fights.

Mind you he could lose before then.....I expect him to take on Dillian Whyte after this knock over job.....and while Whyte is slow he's skilled.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply

 

Page 5 of 46 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 >

Previous Topic | Next Topic

You are here: Home > Message Board > General Talk > Tonights boxing