You are here: Home > Message Board > General Talk > Danny Baker sacked
October 18 2019 1.20pm

Danny Baker sacked

Previous Topic | Next Topic


Page 6 of 12 < 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 >

 

View Rudi Hedman's Profile Rudi Hedman Flag Caterham 09 May 19 11.50pm Send a Private Message to Rudi Hedman Add Rudi Hedman as a friend

Come on chaps, Iím quite sure most of you agree that ape sounds at any black player, because thatís who the ape taunts are aimed at, were unacceptable in the Ď70s, Ď80s or today. So if thatís unacceptable you surely get the references of a black individual to an ape.

Itís quite ludicrous to start saying the known derogatory references of black people being like apes now, today, is the same as all of us evolving from apes millions of years ago.

Back on Baker. When I saw on the news I immediately thought it was a racist joke or something you might expect to hear in a drinkersí boozer or some football changing rooms, not that Iím part of a lynch mob and Iím desperate to go for him. Itís how it looks. I donít really have any sympathy for Baker over this. He works for the BBC, not viz or the daily star or a Millwall fanzine.

 


COYP

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Midlands Eagle's Profile Midlands Eagle Online Flag 10 May 19 6.17am Send a Private Message to Midlands Eagle Add Midlands Eagle as a friend

Originally posted by Rudi Hedman

Come on chaps, Iím quite sure most of you agree that ape sounds at any black player, because thatís who the ape taunts are aimed at, were unacceptable in the Ď70s, Ď80s or today. So if thatís unacceptable you surely get the references of a black individual to an ape.

I will admit that I had my naivete head on yesterday as when the news broke I couldn't understand what all the fuss was about as I had long forgotten that Meghan was mixed race.

I was an avid watcher of Suits in the early days and didn't realise that she was mixed race until well into the series when the man playing her father turned up and he was black

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post | Board Moderator Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
Yellow Card - User has been warned of conduct on the messageboards View Stirlingsays's Profile Stirlingsays Flag Wisbech, England 10 May 19 6.43am Send a Private Message to Stirlingsays Holmesdale Online Elite Member Add Stirlingsays as a friend

Originally posted by Rudi Hedman

Itís quite ludicrous to start saying the known derogatory references of black people being like apes now, today, is the same as all of us evolving from apes millions of years ago.

All humans are still a form of great ape, that was the point....anyone mocking blacks for being like chimps was unknowingly mocking themselves as well.

It's just an uneducated insult....that's what I was saying.

If you're going to insult someone....I say be accurate.....it's just a weird personal preference I have I suppose.


Edited by Stirlingsays (10 May 2019 6.58am)

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View YT's Profile YT Flag Oxford 10 May 19 7.22am Send a Private Message to YT Add YT as a friend

Originally posted by Midlands Eagle

I will admit that I had my naivete head on yesterday as when the news broke I couldn't understand what all the fuss was about as I had long forgotten that Meghan was mixed race.

I was an avid watcher of Suits in the early days and didn't realise that she was mixed race until well into the series when the man playing her father turned up and he was black

Aye aye

 


Palace since 19 August 1972. Palace 1 (Tony Taylor) Liverpool 1 (Emlyn Hughes)

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
Yellow Card - User has been warned of conduct on the messageboards View Stirlingsays's Profile Stirlingsays Flag Wisbech, England 10 May 19 7.24am Send a Private Message to Stirlingsays Holmesdale Online Elite Member Add Stirlingsays as a friend

The question is, did the BBC terminate his contract primateturely?

Edited by Stirlingsays (10 May 2019 7.24am)

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Teddy Eagle's Profile Teddy Eagle Flag 10 May 19 7.27am Send a Private Message to Teddy Eagle Add Teddy Eagle as a friend

Originally posted by Stirlingsays

The question is, did the BBC terminate his contract primateturely?

Edited by Stirlingsays (10 May 2019 7.24am)

If so will he get any compensapetion?

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
Yellow Card - User has been warned of conduct on the messageboards View Stirlingsays's Profile Stirlingsays Flag Wisbech, England 10 May 19 7.31am Send a Private Message to Stirlingsays Holmesdale Online Elite Member Add Stirlingsays as a friend

Originally posted by Teddy Eagle

If so will he get any compensapetion?

No, apparently there's to be no quarter gibbon.

Edited by Stirlingsays (10 May 2019 7.31am)

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Teddy Eagle's Profile Teddy Eagle Flag 10 May 19 7.35am Send a Private Message to Teddy Eagle Add Teddy Eagle as a friend

Originally posted by Stirlingsays

No, apparently there's to be no quarter gibbon.

Edited by Stirlingsays (10 May 2019 7.31am)

That wonít macaque any difference.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
Yellow Card - User has been warned of conduct on the messageboards View Stirlingsays's Profile Stirlingsays Flag Wisbech, England 10 May 19 7.42am Send a Private Message to Stirlingsays Holmesdale Online Elite Member Add Stirlingsays as a friend

Originally posted by Teddy Eagle

That wonít macaque any difference.

He's had to clear out his desk and give them any silver back.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Badger11's Profile Badger11 Flag Beckenham 10 May 19 7.45am Send a Private Message to Badger11 Add Badger11 as a friend

James O'Brian interviewed Danny yesterday surprisingly sympathetic. O'Brian almost tied himself in knots trying not to offend anyone doing so.

I wonder if Trump or Farage has tweeted that picture he would have been that sympathetic.

 


One more point

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
Yellow Card - User has been warned of conduct on the messageboards View Stirlingsays's Profile Stirlingsays Flag Wisbech, England 10 May 19 7.54am Send a Private Message to Stirlingsays Holmesdale Online Elite Member Add Stirlingsays as a friend

Danny Baker.....life long Labour supporter, supporter of Corbyn.....suddenly decides one morning to go full blown 'mixed race equals chimp'?

Or perhaps he's just a bit anti royal and made a poor taste joke without connecting the dots.

I think I believe Baker.....but who cares....the BBC are very politically correct and he rides with the progressives so he gets what he deserves as they have little mercy for his sort.

But it was probably innocent.

Edited by Stirlingsays (10 May 2019 7.58am)

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Rudi Hedman's Profile Rudi Hedman Flag Caterham 10 May 19 8.13am Send a Private Message to Rudi Hedman Add Rudi Hedman as a friend

Originally posted by Stirlingsays

All humans are still a form of great ape, that was the point....anyone mocking blacks for being like chimps was unknowingly mocking themselves as well.

It's just an uneducated insult....that's what I was saying.

If you're going to insult someone....I say be accurate.....it's just a weird personal preference I have I suppose.

Edited by Stirlingsays (10 May 2019 6.58am)

All true, but itís still a recognised verbal, and now visual insult, that white refer to particular black people as apes. Thatís why loads of people wouldíve seen the news and thought it immediately, obviously. Things like Ďjungle bunnyí and Ďmonkey nutsí and Ďbeing from the jungleí, Ďeating bananasí were all used a few decades back. We know the references. Itís clear. All humans descend from apes, but itís black people whoíve been mocked or abused for it, and for the link being a lot lot closer, as in before they boarded the boat.

My own personal laugh was how could the royals come to terms with black blood and afro hair in the family, even if heís not going to be king. However, there doesnít appear to be any problems, although nothing said weíve heard about. Royalists in white enclaves however must still be shocked and frozen still at the news they were to be married.

Edited by Rudi Hedman (10 May 2019 8.59am)

 


COYP

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply

 

Page 6 of 12 < 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 >

Previous Topic | Next Topic

You are here: Home > Message Board > General Talk > Danny Baker sacked