You are here: Home > Message Board > General Talk > Danny Baker sacked
August 20 2019 8.26am

Danny Baker sacked

Previous Topic | Next Topic


Page 8 of 12 < 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 >

 

View YT's Profile YT Flag Oxford 10 May 19 11.19am Send a Private Message to YT Add YT as a friend

Originally posted by Rudi Hedman

Ever heard of Prince Philip?

Yes. He's made a few (what some would call) politically incorrect comments in his time. Do you believe he's racist then?

 


Palace since 19 August 1972. Palace 1 (Tony Taylor) Liverpool 1 (Emlyn Hughes)

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Rudi Hedman's Profile Rudi Hedman Flag Caterham 10 May 19 11.36am Send a Private Message to Rudi Hedman Add Rudi Hedman as a friend

Originally posted by YT

Yes. He's made a few (what some would call) politically incorrect comments in his time. Do you believe he's racist then?

Do you really think nobody has reacted differently than if it was a white English rose? Seriously? Even comedians, including black comedians, have joked about it. The look on their faces at Meghan’s entertainment at the wedding was funny for a start.

 


COYP

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Lyons550's Profile Lyons550 Flag Shirley 10 May 19 12.21pm Send a Private Message to Lyons550 Add Lyons550 as a friend

Bakers latest comments on the matter

He wrote: "Following one of the worst days of my life I just want to formally apologise for the outrage I caused and explain how I got myself into this mess.

"I chose the wrong photo to illustrate a joke. Disastrously so.

"In attempting to lampoon privilege and the news cycle I went to a file of goofy pictures and saw the chimp dressed as a Lord and thought, 'That's the one!' Had I kept searching I might have chosen General Tom Thumb or even a a baby in a crown. But I didn't. God knows I wish had.

"Minutes later I was alerted by followers that this royal baby was of course mixed race and waves of panic and revulsion washed over me... What had I done?

"I needed no lessons on the centuries slurs equating simians and people of colour. Racism at it's basest.

'Crass and regrettable blunder'
"But it was a genuine, naive and catastrophic mistake. There is of course little media/twitter traction in such a straight-forward explanation. The picture in context as presented was obviously shamefully racist. It was never intended so - seriously who on earth would 'go there'?"

He added: "Anyway I am now paying the price for this crass and regrettable blunder and rightly so. Probably even this final word from me will extend the mania. ('Dog whistle' anyone?) I would like to thank friends on here for their kinder words and once again - I am so, so sorry."

 


The Voice of Reason In An Otherwise Mediocre World

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Jimenez's Profile Jimenez Flag SELHURSTPARKCHESTER,DA BRONX 10 May 19 2.13pm Send a Private Message to Jimenez Add Jimenez as a friend

Originally posted by Lyons550

Bakers latest comments on the matter

He wrote: "Following one of the worst days of my life I just want to formally apologise for the outrage I caused and explain how I got myself into this mess.

"I chose the wrong photo to illustrate a joke. Disastrously so.

"In attempting to lampoon privilege and the news cycle I went to a file of goofy pictures and saw the chimp dressed as a Lord and thought, 'That's the one!' Had I kept searching I might have chosen General Tom Thumb or even a a baby in a crown. But I didn't. God knows I wish had.

"Minutes later I was alerted by followers that this royal baby was of course mixed race and waves of panic and revulsion washed over me... What had I done?

"I needed no lessons on the centuries slurs equating simians and people of colour. Racism at it's basest.

'Crass and regrettable blunder'
"But it was a genuine, naive and catastrophic mistake. There is of course little media/twitter traction in such a straight-forward explanation. The picture in context as presented was obviously shamefully racist. It was never intended so - seriously who on earth would 'go there'?"

He added: "Anyway I am now paying the price for this crass and regrettable blunder and rightly so. Probably even this final word from me will extend the mania. ('Dog whistle' anyone?) I would like to thank friends on here for their kinder words and once again - I am so, so sorry."

Unfortunately for Baker this apology won't appease the perpetually offended morons who are offended at everything & everyone f*** Em

 


Pro USA & Israel

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Hrolf The Ganger's Profile Hrolf The Ganger Flag 10 May 19 2.30pm Send a Private Message to Hrolf The Ganger Add Hrolf The Ganger as a friend

Originally posted by Jimenez

Unfortunately for Baker this apology won't appease the perpetually offended morons who are offended at everything & everyone f*** Em

I found his groveling apology more offensive than the picture.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View 20 Spaces Isnt Enoug's Profile 20 Spaces Isnt Enoug Flag Bolton 10 May 19 3.06pm Send a Private Message to 20 Spaces Isnt Enoug Add 20 Spaces Isnt Enoug as a friend

Originally posted by Hrolf The Ganger

I found his groveling apology more offensive than the picture.


Agreed......it's unbelievably grovelling. I can

imagine him tugging his forelock to royalty/upper classes, something he used to be proud not to do.

Shame on him for his kowtowing.

 


[Link]

New young adult's book. Two 12 yr old S.London tecs.
Chapter at Selhurst Park.

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View black eagle.'s Profile black eagle. Flag south croydon. 10 May 19 3.09pm Send a Private Message to black eagle. Add black eagle. as a friend

Deserved to be sacked,his calling my mixed race niece's and nephew and all black and mixed race people a chimp as well as the duke and dutchess new born.

We shouldn't be surprised by this considering the scum bag racist club he supports.

Well done the BBC.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Stirlingsays's Profile Stirlingsays Flag Wisbech, England 10 May 19 3.16pm Send a Private Message to Stirlingsays Holmesdale Online Elite Member Add Stirlingsays as a friend

Originally posted by Hrolf The Ganger

I found his groveling apology more offensive than the picture.

Tell me about it.

Totally cucked.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Cucking Funt's Profile Cucking Funt Flag The toppermost of the poppermost 10 May 19 3.21pm Send a Private Message to Cucking Funt Add Cucking Funt as a friend

Originally posted by Hrolf The Ganger

I found his groveling apology more offensive than the picture.

I'd have respected him a lot more had he not made it.

 


Wife beating may be socially acceptable in Sheffield, but it is a different matter in Cheltenham

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Stirlingsays's Profile Stirlingsays Flag Wisbech, England 10 May 19 3.23pm Send a Private Message to Stirlingsays Holmesdale Online Elite Member Add Stirlingsays as a friend

Originally posted by YT

Yes. He's made a few (what some would call) politically incorrect comments in his time. Do you believe he's racist then?


You know what I hope he is, because it's the lack of what modern minds view as 'racism' that's going to see white people turned into a minority in Europe.

I don't know if you are aware of how whites are treated outside of Europe but unless they have money.....it isn't pretty.

The 'it's racist' crew are building a disenfranchisement and conflict future for their children and coming generations.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Rudi Hedman's Profile Rudi Hedman Flag Caterham 10 May 19 3.35pm Send a Private Message to Rudi Hedman Add Rudi Hedman as a friend

Originally posted by black eagle.

Deserved to be sacked,his calling my mixed race niece's and nephew and all black and mixed race people a chimp as well as the duke and dutchess new born.

We shouldn't be surprised by this considering the scum bag racist club he supports.

Well done the BBC.

The point is that he didn’t. It was very very naive to think that people would get what he meant rather than what most of us thought. Do you really think he’d risk his career posting a monkey for a black person, knowing he’d be finished?

Edited by Rudi Hedman (10 May 2019 3.42pm)

 


COYP

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View ASCPFC's Profile ASCPFC Flag Pro-Cathedral/caravan park 10 May 19 3.38pm Send a Private Message to ASCPFC Add ASCPFC as a friend

Doubt he'll be claiming the dole. Often I care about the PC brigade hounding people out. This time, I just don't feel that sorry for Danny Boy.

 


Red and Blue Army!

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply

 

Page 8 of 12 < 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 >

Previous Topic | Next Topic

You are here: Home > Message Board > General Talk > Danny Baker sacked