You are here: Home > Message Board > News & Politics > Simon Jordan on Question Time tonight.
August 20 2019 6.04am

Simon Jordan on Question Time tonight.

Previous Topic | Next Topic


Page 3 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >

 

View Jimenez's Profile Jimenez Flag SELHURSTPARKCHESTER,DA BRONX 24 May 19 12.41am Send a Private Message to Jimenez Add Jimenez as a friend

Originally posted by the.universal

For me, the whole American dream thing is vastly overplayed. It’s a big myth that helps to mask the fact America is one of the most unequal countries in the world.

Give me free universal access to healthcare over some bulls*** story of hope any day of the week.


And that's the beauty of living in a democracy. You are of course entitled to you're bias anti US feelings.
The health service card is also greatly overplayed as well. I've had Dental treatment, a hernia operation & cancer surgery at next to no cost at all whilst over here.
The NHS is top heavy with pen pushers, people going in & punching the clock & health tourists

 


Pro USA & Israel

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View NickinOX's Profile NickinOX Flag Sailing country. 24 May 19 12.45am Send a Private Message to NickinOX Add NickinOX as a friend

Originally posted by Bexley Eagle

I do hope someone asks him how it was like to find out your "girlfriend" was in fact a high class hooker and cokehead.

First, which one?

Second, “high class hooker” seems to be somewhat of an oxymoron in connection with SJ.

 


If you come to a fork in the road, take it.

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Lombardos barber's Profile Lombardos barber Flag 24 May 19 5.14am Send a Private Message to Lombardos barber Add Lombardos barber as a friend

Originally posted by Jimenez

That's true in my opinion & that's why I love the USA you don't always roll a six, but you can certainly give it another go.
It reminds of the story of two Brits driving past a big mansion & one saying to the other. 'Do you know what? I'm going to rob that place one of these days' Whereas two Americans drive by & one says to the other 'Do you know what I'm going to buy that place one of these days'
Not saying It's all like that, but It's better to have tried & failed than never to have tried at all.

Americans are dangerous. Romantic sentimentalism added to a psychotic love of a combined entity of flag and God mixed in with a diabolical lack of education and the ability to understand nuance.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Midlands Eagle's Profile Midlands Eagle Online Flag 24 May 19 5.57am Send a Private Message to Midlands Eagle Add Midlands Eagle as a friend

Originally posted by ChrisGC

Not having it.

He loves Palace and threw money at us to try and make us a success. He backed every manager in the market and still stands by us.

People spunk themselves silly over SP, the PR man. Jordan wears his heart on his sleeve and is "one of our own". Moreso than a recently departing captain who garnered several pages of sycophancy on here when in reality he scored a hatrick against us for Millwall (kissed the badge) and disgraced us with his off the field antics. Jordan did more for us then either of the former.
A bit of decorum, please.

It's not often that I agree with you Chris but I certainly do this time. It's a shame that there are so many mealy mouthed so called critics on here that will never achieve 10% of what SJ did yet are still willing to put him down at every opportunity even after he saved our club from extinction and lost a lot of his own money in the process

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post | Board Moderator Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Helmet46's Profile Helmet46 Flag Caterham 24 May 19 6.17am Send a Private Message to Helmet46 Add Helmet46 as a friend

Originally posted by ChrisGC

Not having it.

He loves Palace and threw money at us to try and make us a success. He backed every manager in the market and still stands by us.

People spunk themselves silly over SP, the PR man. Jordan wears his heart on his sleeve and is "one of our own". Moreso than a recently departing captain who garnered several pages of sycophancy on here when in reality he scored a hatrick against us for Millwall (kissed the badge) and disgraced us with his off the field antics. Jordan did more for us then either of the former.
A bit of decorum, please.


I agree. Personally I like the bloke and tend to agree with most of what he says. He was articulate and wore his heart on his sleeve. He did his best for his club but, sadly, it wasn’t enough. He was right about agents and to put Dowie on gardening leave. I was also an old Purley Boy and at the same time as him but that was 37 years ago. I can barely remember my name so I have no real recollection what he was like and certainly wouldn’t let that taint my view.
If I saw him in the pub, I’d certainly buy him a pint, which is more than I would for some of our clubs ex members of staff, players or managers.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Kant's Profile Kant Flag exeter 24 May 19 7.23am Send a Private Message to Kant Add Kant as a friend

Originally posted by Midlands Eagle

It's not often that I agree with you Chris but I certainly do this time. It's a shame that there are so many mealy mouthed so called critics on here that will never achieve 10% of what SJ did yet are still willing to put him down at every opportunity even after he saved our club from extinction and lost a lot of his own money in the process

Seconded. He’s a genuine Palace fan. It’s beyond me why he attracts so much abuse from fellow supporters. There are precious few of us so we should try to stick together.

And the reason he’s asked on TV and radio shows is simply because he’s very entertaining and erudite.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View ARGILE OLD GEEZER's Profile ARGILE OLD GEEZER Flag PORTIMAO 24 May 19 7.58am Send a Private Message to ARGILE OLD GEEZER Add ARGILE OLD GEEZER as a friend

Originally posted by Helmet46


I agree. Personally I like the bloke and tend to agree with most of what he says. He was articulate and wore his heart on his sleeve. He did his best for his club but, sadly, it wasn’t enough. He was right about agents and to put Dowie on gardening leave. I was also an old Purley Boy and at the same time as him but that was 37 years ago. I can barely remember my name so I have no real recollection what he was like and certainly wouldn’t let that taint my view.
If I saw him in the pub, I’d certainly buy him a pint, which is more than I would for some of our clubs ex members of staff, players or managers.

It was Bruce he put on gardening leave, not Dowie, just sying

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View jeeagles's Profile jeeagles Flag 24 May 19 8.57am Send a Private Message to jeeagles Add jeeagles as a friend

There's a lot of hate for Parish, Jordan, and Goldberg.

Jordan is meant to be a bit of a wide boy who fell into the mobile phone industry at the right time and pumped all his money into the club. Unfortunately for us, his leadership style and skill set wasn't suited to running a football club. It ten years ago now and the clubs doing better than ever so put it down to history and part of the journey to becoming a fairly established premier league side.

Goldberg was an idiot, but it seemed like we were letting Tim nice but dim run the club. His heart was in the right place but his grip on reality and business acumen was no where to be seen. If he was a political movement he'd be momentum. 20 years ago now.

Noades, was clearly in it only for himself and managed to almost ruin 3 different sides. If a fit and proper persons test was around now you'd hope he'd fail.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View YT's Profile YT Flag Oxford 24 May 19 8.59am Send a Private Message to YT Add YT as a friend

Originally posted by orpingtoneagle

Struggle to see why he is even on. What does he actually do these days aside from harp on about the past, stick his nose in as a rent a gobs##te or tell the world how hard done by he was.

Doesn't this describe most people on HOl... particularly me?!!

 


Palace since 19 August 1972. Palace 1 (Tony Taylor) Liverpool 1 (Emlyn Hughes)

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View YT's Profile YT Flag Oxford 24 May 19 9.03am Send a Private Message to YT Add YT as a friend

Originally posted by the.universal

For me, the whole American dream thing is vastly overplayed. It’s a big myth that helps to mask the fact America is one of the most unequal countries in the world.

Give me free universal access to healthcare over some bulls*** story of hope any day of the week.

If there wasn't inequality in the USA, then what would there be to dream about?

 


Palace since 19 August 1972. Palace 1 (Tony Taylor) Liverpool 1 (Emlyn Hughes)

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Apollofuzz's Profile Apollofuzz Flag Looking into the Future 24 May 19 9.28am Send a Private Message to Apollofuzz Add Apollofuzz as a friend

He came across very well last night possibly the best one on the panel. Well informed and well balanced points. Was this a first move to politicics?

 


I ride a GS scooter with my hair cut neat
I wear my war time coat in the wind and sleet.

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View NEILLO's Profile NEILLO Flag Shoreham-by-Sea 24 May 19 9.31am Send a Private Message to NEILLO Add NEILLO as a friend

I've always liked Simon Jordan.

Yes he made mistakes but he was brave enough to put his money where his mouth is and it ended up costing him a personal fortune.

His stance against the likes of agents and contract breakers such as Steve Bruce ultimately conspired against him - but he was right in my opinion.

I thought he came across very well last night on Question Time, not sure how he managed to get on there. Must have a good agent !

 


Old, Ungifted and White

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply

 

Page 3 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >

Previous Topic | Next Topic

You are here: Home > Message Board > News & Politics > Simon Jordan on Question Time tonight.