You are here: Home > Message Board > News & Politics > Putin
May 26 2022 4.24pm

Putin

Previous Topic | Next Topic


Page 15 of 16 < 11 12 13 14 15 16 >

 

View Stirlingsays's Profile Stirlingsays Online Flag 22 Mar 22 6.09pm Send a Private Message to Stirlingsays Holmesdale Online Elite Member Add Stirlingsays as a friend

Originally posted by Wisbech Eagle

Such crap that this piece even uses the same terms as me. "Enable". Read it. It might just enable you to see why you are wrong. Putin enables the oligarchs. That he does it because it suits his purposes doesn't change that. He uses everyone.

[Link]

Nothing I said was wrong.

Putin came to power, took power away from the oligarchs who opposed him. Those who stayed weren't a problem for him and...as the economic stats showed didn't impede his improvement of the economy.

I can't be bothered with your word games and I'm not interested in continually going over the same stuff.

Putin is responsible for war in Ukraine, that doesn't change history. If you want to argue the toss over the past due to your need to signal a Putin hate boner, then go ahead.....I won't be defending him but I also won't be commenting on your semi-on.

 


'Who are you and how did you get in here? I'm a locksmith. And, I'm a locksmith.' (Leslie Nielsen)

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Wisbech Eagle's Profile Wisbech Eagle Flag Truro Cornwall 22 Mar 22 6.56pm Send a Private Message to Wisbech Eagle Add Wisbech Eagle as a friend

Originally posted by Stirlingsays

Nothing I said was wrong.

Putin came to power, took power away from the oligarchs who opposed him. Those who stayed weren't a problem for him and...as the economic stats showed didn't impede his improvement of the economy.

I can't be bothered with your word games and I'm not interested in continually going over the same stuff.

Putin is responsible for war in Ukraine, that doesn't change history. If you want to argue the toss over the past due to your need to signal a Putin hate boner, then go ahead.....I won't be defending him but I also won't be commenting on your semi-on.

I'll translate that bit of "Stirlingspeak" into English, just in case any folk have wandered in here and are unfamiliar with this odd language.

What it means is, "As I am unable to admit I am wrong, I will double down on my assertions and then toss in a few childish insults to try to divert the attention".

This language has many similarities with "Trumpish", a dialect that was popular with uneducated groups in the USA, but is now fading from use.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View BlueJay's Profile BlueJay Flag UK 22 Mar 22 7.23pm Send a Private Message to BlueJay Add BlueJay as a friend

Navalny: Putin critic given nine-year jail sentence for Fraud - [Link]


As way of reminder his first sentence was for illegally leaving the country (violating his parole by not reporting to Russia's Federal Prison Service).. while unconscious as result of being poisoned with Novichok.

He returned knowing he'd face this. Unquestionable love of country.

A kangaroo court with trumped up charges designed to stop him ever seeing the light of day.

Edited by BlueJay (22 Mar 2022 7.35pm)

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Wisbech Eagle's Profile Wisbech Eagle Flag Truro Cornwall 22 Mar 22 8.47pm Send a Private Message to Wisbech Eagle Add Wisbech Eagle as a friend

Originally posted by BlueJay

Navalny: Putin critic given nine-year jail sentence for Fraud - [Link]


As way of reminder his first sentence was for illegally leaving the country (violating his parole by not reporting to Russia's Federal Prison Service).. while unconscious as result of being poisoned with Novichok.

He returned knowing he'd face this. Unquestionable love of country.

A kangaroo court with trumped up charges designed to stop him ever seeing the light of day.

Edited by BlueJay (22 Mar 2022 7.35pm)

It's pretty unbelievable, in the 21st century in a supposedly civilised country, yet these things have been going on in plain sight for years, but largely ignored by us. He has now crossed the Rubicon though. It won't be ignored again.

To think that some people seem to think we ought to have been more conciliatory with Putin, rather than harder, staggers me.

Edited by Wisbech Eagle (22 Mar 2022 11.31pm)

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Nicholas91's Profile Nicholas91 Flag The Democratic Republic of Kent 22 Mar 22 9.40pm Send a Private Message to Nicholas91 Add Nicholas91 as a friend

Originally posted by Wisbech Eagle

It's pretty unbelievable, in the 21st century in a supposedly civilised country, yet these things have been going on in plain sight for years, but largely ignored by us. He has now crossed the Rubicron though. It won't be ignored again.

To think that some people seem to think we ought to have been more conciliatory with Putin, rather than harder, staggers me.

Sigh

Yet another ridiculous conspiracy against a much loved beverage. Some people will do anything to bring them down!

 


Here's to you the famous red and blue.....

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View BlueJay's Profile BlueJay Flag UK 22 Mar 22 9.48pm Send a Private Message to BlueJay Add BlueJay as a friend

Originally posted by Wisbech Eagle

It's pretty unbelievable, in the 21st century in a supposedly civilised country, yet these things have been going on in plain sight for years, but largely ignored by us. He has now crossed the Rubicron though. It won't be ignored again.

To think that some people seem to think we ought to have been more conciliatory with Putin, rather than harder, staggers me.

Victim mentality types who imagine themselves into a corner, living their authoritarian fantasy through Daddy Putin.

The idea that Putin is reasonable and that if brought 'into the fold' wouldn't have behaved in horrendous ways isn't realistic. He's ideologically driven and has detailed his outlook and plans very clearly in the past. His view of Ukraine is one that makes its independence unacceptable and invasion inevitable. As we now see. His treatment of his own people is also disgusting, as we see right now with anyone who even acknowledges the fact that war is taking place.

Edited by BlueJay (22 Mar 2022 10.08pm)

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View BlueJay's Profile BlueJay Flag UK 22 Mar 22 9.54pm Send a Private Message to BlueJay Add BlueJay as a friend

Originally posted by Nicholas91

Sigh

Yet another ridiculous conspiracy against a much loved beverage. Some people will do anything to bring them down!

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Tim Gypsy Hill '64's Profile Tim Gypsy Hill '64 Flag Stoke sub normal 22 Mar 22 11.56pm Send a Private Message to Tim Gypsy Hill '64 Add Tim Gypsy Hill '64 as a friend

Originally posted by Stirlingsays

A sensible voice on this is Russell Brand. He obviously isn't a fan of Putin but he's not a fan of ra ra war either.

[Link]

I've been critical of the war on Yemen for ages. But I never knew about the US immigrant clearout. Thanks for that.

However. I do know that the west (generally) don't give a damn about a war in the Middle East(Arab suicide bombers etc), as long as they can sell arms to them. Much like Ukraine too.

 


Systematically dragged down by the lawmakers

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Mapletree's Profile Mapletree Flag Croydon 23 Mar 22 12.18am Send a Private Message to Mapletree Add Mapletree as a friend

Originally posted by Nicholas91

Sigh

Yet another ridiculous conspiracy against a much loved beverage. Some people will do anything to bring them down!

Nah, thatís Rubicon. Apparently Putin has crossed the rubicron which means he is now chronically addicted to doing cubes.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Nicholas91's Profile Nicholas91 Flag The Democratic Republic of Kent 23 Mar 22 9.26am Send a Private Message to Nicholas91 Add Nicholas91 as a friend

Originally posted by Mapletree

Nah, thatís Rubicon. Apparently Putin has crossed the rubicron which means he is now chronically addicted to doing cubes.

Oh dear, it's not been a great time of late for much loved, retro puzzles.

Apparently the guy who invented Tetris died the other day. When they buried him, the whole cemetery disappeared!

 


Here's to you the famous red and blue.....

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View PalazioVecchio's Profile PalazioVecchio Flag south pole 23 Mar 22 9.40am Send a Private Message to PalazioVecchio Add PalazioVecchio as a friend

Originally posted by Wisbech Eagle


To think that some people seem to think we ought to have been more conciliatory with Putin, rather than harder, staggers me.

Edited by Wisbech Eagle (22 Mar 2022 11.31pm)

when he nukes some city, don't whinge that i didnt warn you.

In the Cold War, the nukes on cities is currently 2-0 to the allies.

Play hardball with Putin, about an enclave of Russian speakers on his doorstep ? yeah, really clever.

you sound like the little guy who goes to Prison and refuses to share his sweets with Mr Big. Really havent thought this through , have you ?

And your moral 'high ground' about what is right and wrong.....seems to ignore that in the Jungle the Lions eat the Zebras, whether the zebras like it or not. ( savannah , not jungle)

Putin is a hannibal Lector type with Nukes.

Edited by PalazioVecchio (23 Mar 2022 9.46am)

 


7 points from Manchester this season

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View silvertop's Profile silvertop Flag Portishead 23 Mar 22 9.59am Send a Private Message to silvertop Add silvertop as a friend

Originally posted by PalazioVecchio

when he nukes some city, don't whinge that i didnt warn you.

In the Cold War, the nukes on cities is currently 2-0 to the allies.

Play hardball with Putin, about an enclave of Russian speakers on his doorstep ? yeah, really clever.

you sound like the little guy who goes to Prison and refuses to share his sweets with Mr Big. Really havent thought this through , have you ?

And your moral 'high ground' about what is right and wrong.....seems to ignore that in the Jungle the Lions eat the Zebras, whether the zebras like it or not. ( savannah , not jungle)

Putin is a hannibal Lector type with Nukes.

Edited by PalazioVecchio (23 Mar 2022 9.46am)

Possibly, then appeasement or no appeasement, would make little difference. At least we can hold our heads high we didn't suck up and then he nuked anyway.

On that, the chances of even him using nukes or chem/bio I see as remote. Unless the West continues the flow of arms and training, Russia's conventional ordinance and manpower will eventually outstrip Ukraine's; and they will gain territory to cut off or else stem the flow of arms across their border.

Longer term, they will gain control but struggle to hold. However, tyrants oppress countries where the issue is insurgency, they don't nuke them when their apparatus of control (i.e. their own security service) is operating in the target zone. There is also the small matter of radiation fall out and wind...

Putin is corrupt; he is not mad.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply

 

Page 15 of 16 < 11 12 13 14 15 16 >

Previous Topic | Next Topic

You are here: Home > Message Board > News & Politics > Putin