You are here: Home > Message Board > Palace Talk > The moaning about Parish/Hodgson/Freedman thread
October 27 2020 3.32pm

The moaning about Parish/Hodgson/Freedman thread

Previous Topic | Next Topic


Page 136 of 151 < 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 >

This forum is sponsored by

Football Index

Sponsor a forum or Advertise on the HOL!

 

View Rudi Hedman's Profile Rudi Hedman Flag Caterham 23 Feb 20 4.55pm Send a Private Message to Rudi Hedman Add Rudi Hedman as a friend

Originally posted by Tickled pink

You write as if we were relegated two seasons ago from this league and are now falling into the third tier and oblivion.
We have two players who should have been well able to steady our ship both at opposite ends and both failing miserably to do anything, injury, luck and confidence has contributed to making Parish look worse then he is and I'm not mentioning all the other players we have tried our luck on and as to date had very little in return, we can only gamble with players even the two I mentioned who were actually brought in as the finished article and at a cost that is quite possibly the reason for most of your anger, Gayle was a gamble he looked great at Peterborough and at times looked great with us but it has been proved that he cannot quite step up for the rough and tumble of this league sad as it is Meyer looks to be in the same book ..he has been given enough opportunities to shine.

Whatever Parish does is to a large degree a gamble, look at West Ham and the games they have to play, awful situation bet they wish they had Mr Hodgson.

I donít remember Sakho or Benteke playing right back or left back where weíve again taken chances with, or on the wing or behind the striker. And I donít recall FDB or Hodgson ever playing football that suits Benteke who Parish bought a year before. Itís this sort of thing that puts us in these situations.

Parish has obvious faults. Should have had someone qualified making football decisions. Not himself, Freedman or anyone else who protects his wages when he agrees with everything suggested.

 


COYP

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Rudi Hedman's Profile Rudi Hedman Flag Caterham 23 Feb 20 4.57pm Send a Private Message to Rudi Hedman Add Rudi Hedman as a friend

Originally posted by Tickled pink

You write as if we were relegated two seasons ago from this league and are now falling into the third tier and oblivion.
We have two players who should have been well able to steady our ship both at opposite ends and both failing miserably to do anything, injury, luck and confidence has contributed to making Parish look worse then he is and I'm not mentioning all the other players we have tried our luck on and as to date had very little in return, we can only gamble with players even the two I mentioned who were actually brought in as the finished article and at a cost that is quite possibly the reason for most of your anger, Gayle was a gamble he looked great at Peterborough and at times looked great with us but it has been proved that he cannot quite step up for the rough and tumble of this league sad as it is Meyer looks to be in the same book ..he has been given enough opportunities to shine.

Whatever Parish does is to a large degree a gamble, look at West Ham and the games they have to play, awful situation bet they wish they had Mr Hodgson.

I donít remember Sakho or Benteke playing right back or left back where weíve again taken chances with, or on the wing or behind the striker. And I donít recall FDB or Hodgson ever playing football that suits Benteke who Parish bought a year before. Itís this sort of thing that puts us in these situations.

Parish has obvious faults. Should have had someone qualified making football decisions. Not himself, Freedman or anyone else who protects his wages when he agrees with everything suggested.

 


COYP

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Eaglecoops's Profile Eaglecoops Flag CR3 23 Feb 20 5.12pm Send a Private Message to Eaglecoops Add Eaglecoops as a friend

Originally posted by NEILLO

Football is a results business. Looking at our league position and points tally I think we are roughly around where we deserve to be from a performance and strength of squad perspective. In fact I think the manager deserves credit for getting us this far with the available resources .

In terms of a transfer policy, I'm not seeing signs that there is one. The long ago stated aim of buying young players with potential and therefore a decent sell on value never materialised. Then came the expensive ( Benteke, Sakho ) purchases that have not delivered value for money although both felt right at the time. Succession planning for players is difficult given the average turnover of managers at most clubs, and succession planning for managers is virtually unheard of and subject to change. I bet City fans thought Arteta was a shoe in to replace Pep at some point.

Younger players being fast tracked into the first team won't happen unless the Academy is invested in to make Palace more competitive for the talent that they are currently missing out on. So I get the investment in that, it needs to happen.

To me it sounded like the stadium redevelopment hinges on doing a deal with Sainsburys ( that's assuming funding is available ). I would contend that the deal with them should have been agreed at least in principle before Parish revealed the plans for the new stand.

It's difficult not to be cynical about Parish's interview given that it was conducted ' in house '. A more probing set of questions by an independent journalist may have teased more out of him.

Yes l, I think I agree with everything you are saying here, but it all boils down to the fact that Parish really didnít deal with the issues that are outstanding at our club in that interview. We are pottering along, we are not looking like a club that wants to dramatically improve.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Midlands Eagle's Profile Midlands Eagle Flag 23 Feb 20 5.46pm Send a Private Message to Midlands Eagle Add Midlands Eagle as a friend

Originally posted by braunstoneagle


maybe its just me...but i am proud the club is run in a sustainable manner, and it should be something that is lauded.

But is it being run in a sustainable manner? Our wage bill is far too high and if we are relegated then we are up s*** creek

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Jamesey's Profile Jamesey Flag Wandsworth 23 Feb 20 6.13pm Send a Private Message to Jamesey Add Jamesey as a friend

Originally posted by Midlands Eagle

But is it being run in a sustainable manner? Our wage bill is far too high and if we are relegated then we are up s*** creek

Sustainable enough to keep us in the top tier for seven seasons so we havenít been relegated and donít look like like it again for now. So we wonít be up só- creek but wonít win the league or play in Europe. What exactly do you expect?

 


Nothing is fool-proof - fools are too ingenious

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View braunstoneagle's Profile braunstoneagle Flag the middle of bumf*** nowhere... 23 Feb 20 6.31pm Send a Private Message to braunstoneagle Add braunstoneagle as a friend

Originally posted by Midlands Eagle

But is it being run in a sustainable manner? Our wage bill is far too high and if we are relegated then we are up s*** creek

any club that has spend a prolonged period of time in the PL is up s*** creek if relegated...you cant compete in this league on £30k a week salaries. in fact 50% of championship clubs are f***ed & havnt been promoted in years.

we have no debt and on course for another mid-table finish...if thats not sustainable then i dont know what is...our wage bill is more or less comparable to where we finish most seasons.

i bet if parish brought neymar & built a 50k stadium you would still moan about s*** hotdogs.

 


ĎFootball isnít instant coffee. You have to work at it. You must grow the bean, grind it.í Ian Holloway


Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Rudi Hedman's Profile Rudi Hedman Flag Caterham 23 Feb 20 6.39pm Send a Private Message to Rudi Hedman Add Rudi Hedman as a friend

Originally posted by Jamesey

Sustainable enough to keep us in the top tier for seven seasons so we havenít been relegated and donít look like like it again for now. So we wonít be up só- creek but wonít win the league or play in Europe. What exactly do you expect?

Itís more the next season or two or three that is concerning everyone. After Roy had them take Newcastle on rather than do the same the situation this season has changed a bit.

We really are in a lot of trouble if things arenít handled properly, and that doesnít mean spending as little as possible or trying to dictate to everyone how business is done, especially when we need the business to be done and they know it.

I agree with Parish on the twitter morons but some of the stuff we were supposed to be won over by was jaw dropping.

Part of me thinks that if he didnít say anything then the flack would continue, but by saying what he did, which was in all intents and purposes nothing apart from regarding the academy, Parish may as well have just released a couple of statements on the academy and Royís contract and possibly a Ďreasonable offerí, whatever that means to Sainsburyís after how many years is it since they released plans but didnít speak to Sainsburyís at the time. Hmmm. Now what would we be thinking here? Sounds like lloyds II and how we do transfer business (we donít do).

People were critical of handling of transfers, football strategy and things before Freedman came in and I donít think weíve seen much to convince us the Parish-Roy-Freedman relationship has improved things apart from Guaita and James McCarthy.

The proof will be in the summer but itís understandable we arenít convinced weíre going about things in ways that will solve even more testing squad issues than weíve had in recent memory, and with the comment the younger signings block academy players just takes the piss out of our intelligence tbh.

 


COYP

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Rudi Hedman's Profile Rudi Hedman Flag Caterham 23 Feb 20 6.47pm Send a Private Message to Rudi Hedman Add Rudi Hedman as a friend

Originally posted by braunstoneagle

any club that has spend a prolonged period of time in the PL is up s*** creek if relegated...you cant compete in this league on £30k a week salaries. in fact 50% of championship clubs are f***ed & havnt been promoted in years.

we have no debt and on course for another mid-table finish...if thats not sustainable then i dont know what is...our wage bill is more or less comparable to where we finish most seasons.

i bet if parish brought neymar & built a 50k stadium you would still moan about s*** hotdogs.

The classic, Ďwell if itís not £110k-130k per week itís £30k. Nothing in between, thatíll negate your point.

Our wage bill was 9th when our revenue must be about 14th. I donít expect 9th, Europe £130k or £30k per week players. I expected when we hired a DOF heíd be experienced and the relationship between him, the manager and owners would be one in harmony. Iíve seen little to suggest it is other than a few players everybody knew were available plus Guaita. Itís this area we should be getting right. We arenít, and Iím not confident we will when the need to get more of them done in Windows becomes greater and greater. Theyíve sussed the market for stop gap older players, but thatís it.

 


COYP

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View davehuggins's Profile davehuggins Flag 23 Feb 20 7.19pm Send a Private Message to davehuggins Add davehuggins as a friend

Our recruitment IMO over the last few windows has been a complete shambles apart from a couple of good bits of biz. With huge amounts of money at stake for me this is the one area we must get right sooner rather than later!

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Midlands Eagle's Profile Midlands Eagle Flag 23 Feb 20 7.49pm Send a Private Message to Midlands Eagle Add Midlands Eagle as a friend

Originally posted by braunstoneagle

we have no debt and on course for another mid-table finish...if thats not sustainable then i dont know what is...our wage bill is more or less comparable to where we finish most seasons.

i bet if parish brought neymar & built a 50k stadium you would still moan about s*** hotdogs.

If we have no debt then it's because we needed to sell players to pay it off and I'm not sure you understand what sustainable means anyway.

Your final paragraph is particularly stupid and I'll take your word for the state of the hotdogs as I don't eat that sort of crap and will happily bow to your greater experience of them


 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Rudi Hedman's Profile Rudi Hedman Flag Caterham 23 Feb 20 8.15pm Send a Private Message to Rudi Hedman Add Rudi Hedman as a friend

Originally posted by Midlands Eagle

If we have no debt then it's because we needed to sell players to pay it off and I'm not sure you understand what sustainable means anyway.

Your final paragraph is particularly stupid and I'll take your word for the state of the hotdogs as I don't eat that sort of crap and will happily bow to your greater experience of them

He nicked it off Jordan on the back of the advertiser. One of his panacea answers that say nothing and mean nothing.


Edited by Rudi Hedman (23 Feb 2020 11.39pm)

 


COYP

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Jamesey's Profile Jamesey Flag Wandsworth 23 Feb 20 8.51pm Send a Private Message to Jamesey Add Jamesey as a friend

Originally posted by Rudi Hedman

Itís more the next season or two or three that is concerning everyone. After Roy had them take Newcastle on rather than do the same the situation this season has changed a bit.

We really are in a lot of trouble if things arenít handled properly, and that doesnít mean spending as little as possible or trying to dictate to everyone how business is done, especially when we need the business to be done and they know it.

I agree with Parish on the twitter morons but some of the stuff we were supposed to be won over by was jaw dropping.

Part of me thinks that if he didnít say anything then the flack would continue, but by saying what he did, which was in all intents and purposes nothing apart from regarding the academy, Parish may as well have just released a couple of statements on the academy and Royís contract and possibly a Ďreasonable offerí, whatever that means to Sainsburyís after how many years is it since they released plans but didnít speak to Sainsburyís at the time. Hmmm. Now what would we be thinking here? Sounds like lloyds II and how we do transfer business (we donít do).

People were critical of handling of transfers, football strategy and things before Freedman came in and I donít think weíve seen much to convince us the Parish-Roy-Freedman relationship has improved things apart from Guaita and James McCarthy.

The proof will be in the summer but itís understandable we arenít convinced weíre going about things in ways that will solve even more testing squad issues than weíve had in recent memory, and with the comment the younger signings block academy players just takes the piss out of our intelligence tbh.

It's not concerning "everyone" that I have contact with...quite a few. Just you making sweeping statements.

 


Nothing is fool-proof - fools are too ingenious

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply

 

Page 136 of 151 < 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 >

Previous Topic | Next Topic

You are here: Home > Message Board > Palace Talk > The moaning about Parish/Hodgson/Freedman thread