You are here: Home > Message Board > News & Politics > Bloody Lefties
October 14 2019 6.35am

Bloody Lefties

Previous Topic | Next Topic


Page 1 of 23 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »

 

View Jimenez's Profile Jimenez Flag SELHURSTPARKCHESTER,DA BRONX 01 Aug 19 12.49am Send a Private Message to Jimenez Add Jimenez as a friend

[Link]


25 years ago this guy would of been carted off to a hospital or asylum.

 


Pro USA & Israel

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
Yellow Card - User has been warned of conduct on the messageboards View Stirlingsays's Profile Stirlingsays Flag Wisbech, England 01 Aug 19 12.51am Send a Private Message to Stirlingsays Holmesdale Online Elite Member Add Stirlingsays as a friend

Originally posted by Jimenez

[Link]


25 years ago this guy would of been carted off to a hospital or asylum.

25 years ago this society would of been carted off to a hospital or asylum.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Beanyboysmd's Profile Beanyboysmd Flag 01 Aug 19 12.54am Send a Private Message to Beanyboysmd Add Beanyboysmd as a friend

Originally posted by Jimenez

[Link]


25 years ago this guy would of been carted off to a hospital or asylum.

Didn't even know that was a thing...Oh well you learn something new everyday...

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View dollardays's Profile dollardays Flag 01 Aug 19 1.28am Send a Private Message to dollardays Add dollardays as a friend

I've been quite vocally against trans athletes gaining athletic advantage on here of late, but as a point regarding people simply existing I'll state my view.

I do think trans issues are a weird one to get your head around, because most people for the most part feel very home in their own body. For want of a better explanation though, it does appear that some feel the very opposite, as if some kind of internal schema results in a flicked switch that is unlikely to switch back. From that perspective I'd rather someone become as close to their idea of who they are, and make Youtube videos about the realities of that, than be some kind of tortured wreck in a room. There's significant politicisation in both directions as you demonstrate, but that's of limited use when it comes their actual reality.

Clearly there's plenty of issues about younger people and hormones and that whole mess, but this person as an adult making the choices that they have, may well be doing 'the right thing' based on how they feel about it and the parameters that are set for them. As in, in their shoes you may well have done the same thing. So from that perspective, who cares if someone else is unhappy with it, or looks to an era where someone would be classified as insane, just because that's more comforting than appreciating their point of view.

Perhaps it's not a great idea to think that someone should be sectioned and considered mad if we aren't well aligned with them. Life is long enough that eventually we ourselves may be considered to be that person at some point.. and in that place and at that time, we'd very much be hoping for a take on us that involved thought and consideration, rather than the opposite.


Edited by dollardays (01 Aug 2019 2.24am)

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View dreamwaverider's Profile dreamwaverider Flag Chelsea 01 Aug 19 4.17am Send a Private Message to dreamwaverider Add dreamwaverider as a friend

Originally posted by Jimenez

[Link]


25 years ago this guy would of been carted off to a hospital or asylum.

Next thing is he will be pregnant!! If nothing else that will make him/her the most famous bloke on the planet. All a load of bollox that the pc world runs with. They are never gonna suck me in.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View YT's Profile YT Flag Oxford 01 Aug 19 6.24am Send a Private Message to YT Add YT as a friend

Originally posted by dreamwaverider

Next thing is he will be pregnant!! If nothing else that will make him/her the most famous bloke on the planet. All a load of bollox that the pc world runs with. They are never gonna suck me in.

I should hope NOT!

Historical note: the asylums were all closed by 25 years ago. 30-35 years works!

 


Palace since 19 August 1972. Palace 1 (Tony Taylor) Liverpool 1 (Emlyn Hughes)

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Midlands Eagle's Profile Midlands Eagle Flag 01 Aug 19 6.37am Send a Private Message to Midlands Eagle Add Midlands Eagle as a friend

Originally posted by Jimenez

25 years ago this guy would of been carted off to a hospital or asylum.

Why are you reading Pink News? Is there something you want to tell us?

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post | Board Moderator Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Jimenez's Profile Jimenez Flag SELHURSTPARKCHESTER,DA BRONX 01 Aug 19 7.38am Send a Private Message to Jimenez Add Jimenez as a friend

Originally posted by Midlands Eagle

Why are you reading Pink News? Is there something you want to tell us?

I will after my morning sickness subsides!!

 


Pro USA & Israel

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
ChrisGC Flag Wantage 01 Aug 19 8.08am

Originally posted by dollardays

I've been quite vocally against trans athletes gaining athletic advantage on here of late, but as a point regarding people simply existing I'll state my view.

I do think trans issues are a weird one to get your head around, because most people for the most part feel very home in their own body. For want of a better explanation though, it does appear that some feel the very opposite, as if some kind of internal schema results in a flicked switch that is unlikely to switch back. From that perspective I'd rather someone become as close to their idea of who they are, and make Youtube videos about the realities of that, than be some kind of tortured wreck in a room. There's significant politicisation in both directions as you demonstrate, but that's of limited use when it comes their actual reality.

Clearly there's plenty of issues about younger people and hormones and that whole mess, but this person as an adult making the choices that they have, may well be doing 'the right thing' based on how they feel about it and the parameters that are set for them. As in, in their shoes you may well have done the same thing. So from that perspective, who cares if someone else is unhappy with it, or looks to an era where someone would be classified as insane, just because that's more comforting than appreciating their point of view.

Perhaps it's not a great idea to think that someone should be sectioned and considered mad if we aren't well aligned with them. Life is long enough that eventually we ourselves may be considered to be that person at some point.. and in that place and at that time, we'd very much be hoping for a take on us that involved thought and consideration, rather than the opposite.


Edited by dollardays (01 Aug 2019 2.24am)

Yeah, apart from the fact that they are statistically more likely to be severely mentally ill.

Something shocking like 40% of trans people have documented history of suicide attempts and 70% a history of mental illness.

Clearly, these people are ill and need help. Not be enabled to chop their todgers off.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Quote this post in a reply
View EverybodyDannsNow's Profile EverybodyDannsNow Flag SE19 01 Aug 19 8.14am Send a Private Message to EverybodyDannsNow Add EverybodyDannsNow as a friend

Originally posted by ChrisGC

Yeah, apart from the fact that they are statistically more likely to be severely mentally ill.

Something shocking like 40% of trans people have documented history of suicide attempts and 70% a history of mental illness.

Clearly, these people are ill and need help. Not be enabled to chop their todgers off.

Is it not possible their mental illness stems from the fact they don’t feel at home in the own body?

I don’t do a great deal about trans people, but it seems quite obvious that someone going through that sort of battle internally is going to have issues with mental health - by ‘not enabling them to chop their codgers off’ how are we helping that?

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View stuckinbristol's Profile stuckinbristol Flag In the woodwork. 01 Aug 19 8.20am Send a Private Message to stuckinbristol Add stuckinbristol as a friend

Originally posted by Jimenez

[Link]


25 years ago this guy would of been carted off to a hospital or asylum.

It's difficult buying sanitary products, as the advertising is aimed at women...who would have thought?

 


Hey, where did we go days when the rain came?

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Mapletree's Profile Mapletree Flag Croydon 01 Aug 19 8.21am Send a Private Message to Mapletree Add Mapletree as a friend

Originally posted by ChrisGC

Yeah, apart from the fact that they are statistically more likely to be severely mentally ill.

Something shocking like 40% of trans people have documented history of suicide attempts and 70% a history of mental illness.

Clearly, these people are ill and need help. Not be enabled to chop their todgers off.

Morning Chris. I don’t have to point out the absurdity of your post to you as you know exactly what you are doing

For the record, who knows what is chicken and what is egg. Finding yourself with gender dysphoria must create many emotional and psychological pressures. I knew someone who suddenly developed it after having cancer. Simply became female. Most unexpected, a more macho bloke would have been hard to find.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply

 

Page 1 of 23 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »

Previous Topic | Next Topic

You are here: Home > Message Board > News & Politics > Bloody Lefties