You are here: Home > Message Board > News & Politics > Bloody Lefties
September 20 2019 4.14am

Bloody Lefties

Previous Topic | Next Topic


Page 18 of 19 < 14 15 16 17 18 19 >

 

View cryrst's Profile cryrst Flag Chatham 07 Sep 19 5.01am Send a Private Message to cryrst Add cryrst as a friend

Originally posted by dollardays

You have to laugh. I'm pretty sure the sky didn't fall in during the decades that girls were allowed to wear skirts. If it ain't broke..

Funny too that they mentioned that it's to 'address inequality' before going on to say that the uniform costs £111.90. They have no concerns about fleecing parents, that's for sure.


It's to appease a dozen or so gender neutral students. Ffs let the ones who want to wear trousers wear bloody trousers.
Or Maybe it goes deeper than that.
Maybe if a teacher looks at a pair of legs in a way that is construed as say 'learing'
The school doesnt want a legal battle over how much compo the parents want.
Cynical yes but with today's society not beyond comprehension.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Teddy Eagle's Profile Teddy Eagle Flag 07 Sep 19 9.28am Send a Private Message to Teddy Eagle Add Teddy Eagle as a friend


Must be a blow to male transgender students who were keen on going to school in a mini skirt.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Hrolf The Ganger's Profile Hrolf The Ganger Flag 07 Sep 19 9.52am Send a Private Message to Hrolf The Ganger Add Hrolf The Ganger as a friend

Originally posted by Stirlingsays

I've never really known where I fall down on this particular issue.....part of me agrees with both of them.

If a school wants a strict uniform code then fair enough, as long as parents are given a long enough lead in time.

But it's going to annoy those children and parents who sent their children there when its policy was different.

I get the demand for individualism and I get the demand for conformity. As long as the school is plain about what road it's going down and doesn't give mixed messages then fair enough....but it's always going to annoy one side of the debate.

The problem is not really about having a uniform code but the reasons behind it.

The idea that human beings should embrace some sort of androgynous, asexual, genderless existence is bonkers and so Loony Left.
What is the purpose of such thinking? Is the human condition to be phased out and replaced with a drone mentality? Are we just going to be conditioned to learn, work and have no sexuality?

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View dollardays's Profile dollardays Flag 07 Sep 19 10.39pm Send a Private Message to dollardays Add dollardays as a friend

Originally posted by cryrst


It's to appease a dozen or so gender neutral students. Ffs let the ones who want to wear trousers wear bloody trousers.
Or Maybe it goes deeper than that.
Maybe if a teacher looks at a pair of legs in a way that is construed as say 'learing'
The school doesnt want a legal battle over how much compo the parents want.
Cynical yes but with today's society not beyond comprehension.

Exactly. While we will always get the odd grandstanding degenerate who thinks it's fine to touch up teenage girls, the threat of pedogeddon is surely vastly overstated. Let them wear their bloody school unforms and get on with their education. Is that really too much to ask? We can't let every aspect of society be dictated to by the spectre of some kind of dark reality that rarely comes to pass anyway.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View dreamwaverider's Profile dreamwaverider Flag Chelsea 07 Sep 19 11.32pm Send a Private Message to dreamwaverider Add dreamwaverider as a friend

Why bother with uniforms. Live and let live. Let em wear whatever.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Stirlingsays's Profile Stirlingsays Flag Wisbech, England 07 Sep 19 11.47pm Send a Private Message to Stirlingsays Holmesdale Online Elite Member Add Stirlingsays as a friend

Originally posted by Hrolf The Ganger

The problem is not really about having a uniform code but the reasons behind it.

The idea that human beings should embrace some sort of androgynous, asexual, genderless existence is bonkers and so Loony Left.
What is the purpose of such thinking? Is the human condition to be phased out and replaced with a drone mentality? Are we just going to be conditioned to learn, work and have no sexuality?

If the thinking behind it is political in nature....then I agree with you.

Hell I agree if that's what the majority of parents want anyway.....I have absolutely zero problems with a strict uniform code and I have absolutely zero problems with a 'wear what you want' school....there is room for both.

I see the benefit of a uniform in terms of promoting an ordered dress and attitude....but to be honest It comes down to what works for that area. It's all about what the school sees itself as.

As long as its clear to parents and to be fair to them it should come with a long lead in time.

Dollar made a good point about uniform cost.

Edited by Stirlingsays (07 Sep 2019 11.48pm)

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Jamesey's Profile Jamesey Flag Wandsworth 08 Sep 19 12.02am Send a Private Message to Jamesey Add Jamesey as a friend

Apologies if this point has already been addressed but the original reason for school uniforms, at least in my distant past, was quite altruistic. It was to stop posh kids dressing in expensive gear while poorer pupils had to wear shabby cast-offs cos their parents were short of cash. Of course all that happened was that well-off kids wore smart new uniforms while the less fortunate dressed in worn or second-hand stuff so everyone who actually cared, knew who had a more affluent family and the opposite. Pointless and stupid really, as are school uniforms anyway.

Edited by Jamesey (08 Sep 2019 12.03am)

 


Nothing is fool-proof - fools are too ingenious

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View dannyboy1978's Profile dannyboy1978 Flag 08 Sep 19 6.44am Send a Private Message to dannyboy1978 Add dannyboy1978 as a friend

Originally posted by dreamwaverider

Why bother with uniforms. Live and let live. Let em wear whatever.

It's worked for hundreds of years successfully, why bow down to a minority?

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Helmet46's Profile Helmet46 Flag Caterham 08 Sep 19 6.55am Send a Private Message to Helmet46 Add Helmet46 as a friend

Originally posted by dannyboy1978

It's worked for hundreds of years successfully, why bow down to a minority?

Because, sadly, thatís what we do in this Country these days. We bow down to minorities. We have become so focussed on not offending anyone, anywhere at anytime that we have generally forgotten the silent majority whilst we bend over backwards to ensure that the minority has been appeased.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View dollardays's Profile dollardays Flag 08 Sep 19 10.54am Send a Private Message to dollardays Add dollardays as a friend

Originally posted by Jamesey

Apologies if this point has already been addressed but the original reason for school uniforms, at least in my distant past, was quite altruistic. It was to stop posh kids dressing in expensive gear while poorer pupils had to wear shabby cast-offs cos their parents were short of cash. Of course all that happened was that well-off kids wore smart new uniforms while the less fortunate dressed in worn or second-hand stuff so everyone who actually cared, knew who had a more affluent family and the opposite. Pointless and stupid really, as are school uniforms anyway.

Edited by Jamesey (08 Sep 2019 12.03am)

Yes, that makes sense, and the school even made this point on a news piece I saw, but with the cost of this uniform coming in at £111.90, their argument falls down. Often nowadays schools restrict where you can buy the uniform from, so it can be as much a money making exercise as anything. This cost year on year across secondary education alone can build to a mind boggling total, especially if you have 2 or 3 kids.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Jimenez's Profile Jimenez Flag SELHURSTPARKCHESTER,DA BRONX 11 Sep 19 1.26pm Send a Private Message to Jimenez Add Jimenez as a friend

[Link]


Another one to add to the list!!

 


Pro USA & Israel

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View samprior's Profile samprior Flag Hackney 11 Sep 19 4.23pm Send a Private Message to samprior Add samprior as a friend

Originally posted by Jimenez

[Link]


Another one to add to the list!!

Is there nothing that the renowned hardcore left Lincolnshire Fire and Rescue service will stop at. Next it'll be attending antifa marches over saving lives.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply

 

Page 18 of 19 < 14 15 16 17 18 19 >

Previous Topic | Next Topic

You are here: Home > Message Board > News & Politics > Bloody Lefties