You are here: Home > Message Board > News & Politics > Bloody Lefties
December 6 2019 1.35pm

Bloody Lefties

Previous Topic | Next Topic


Page 21 of 23 < 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 >

 

View sickboy's Profile sickboy Flag Deal or Croydon 03 Oct 19 8.42am Send a Private Message to sickboy Add sickboy as a friend

Originally posted by Badger11

So push the government to invest in that then.


Before rushing to electric cars , maybe the environmental cost of producing lithium ion batteries should be adressed.
A study has shown that an ev , using the european grid, has to travel 350,000 km before its as 'green' as the average petrol car.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View EverybodyDannsNow's Profile EverybodyDannsNow Flag SE19 03 Oct 19 9.19am Send a Private Message to EverybodyDannsNow Add EverybodyDannsNow as a friend

Originally posted by Badger11

I feel no flight shame in fact this year I have travelled more than probably any time in my life and I intend to continue doing that as I have the travel bug.

You are not going to stop ordinary people taking their well earned holiday abroad if that is what they want.

It is up to governments and corporations to come up with solutions to global warming and there is a lot of practical work going on in that area.

I have no problem with campaigners pushing the agenda for a cleaner environment just don't expect the rest of us to switch to horse and carts.

The 5p plastic bag shows the type of practical solution that the public are willing to get behind. Campaigners should focus on this type of thing rather than disrupting the lives of folk trying to get to work.

They should focus on forcing manufacturers to eliminate plastic and too much packaging in our daily lives. They should push the government to speed up the elimination of petrol and disesel engines through tax breaks, grow more of our own food and tell Boeing and Airbus they need to build more efficient planes.

Correct, but I don’t think this is the expectation of most campaigners, barring some extreme exceptions. It’s also why this ‘flight shame’ stuff is such nonsense, because I don’t think any reasonable campaigner would have an issue with a member of the royal family flying to Italy, for example. It’s the extreme voices which are always heard, and as evidenced in this thread, they’re actually alienating a lot of ordinary people to do nothing, when they would probably be open to more moderate lifestyle changes.

I’m very much focused on going greener, and have made changes in my lifestyle to that end, but equally, I’m not going to start riding a horse to work and taking 14-day boat trips when I want to go away.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View EverybodyDannsNow's Profile EverybodyDannsNow Flag SE19 03 Oct 19 9.20am Send a Private Message to EverybodyDannsNow Add EverybodyDannsNow as a friend

Originally posted by W12

Surely being in the public eye means you have to set an example?

I’ll go green when they do. Which will be never.

But the example doesn’t need to be never getting on an airplane - that’s the point.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Penge Eagle's Profile Penge Eagle Flag Beckenham 03 Oct 19 11.08am Send a Private Message to Penge Eagle Holmesdale Online Elite Member Add Penge Eagle as a friend

Originally posted by EverybodyDannsNow

But the example doesn’t need to be never getting on an airplane - that’s the point.

Yes, but the likes of Prince Harry are getting on private planes almost every week and lecturing us about carbon.

And there are people in the Democrat party who wrote the Green New Deal who want planes banned "working towards ending air travel (to be replaced with high-speed rail)." Now that's stupid.

Edited by Penge Eagle (03 Oct 2019 11.09am)

 


New Palace fan site – Screaming Alice [Link]

Alert Alert a moderator to this post | Board Moderator Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View EverybodyDannsNow's Profile EverybodyDannsNow Flag SE19 03 Oct 19 11.16am Send a Private Message to EverybodyDannsNow Add EverybodyDannsNow as a friend

Originally posted by Penge Eagle

Yes, but the likes of Prince Harry are getting on private planes almost every week and lecturing us about carbon.

And there are people in the Democrat party who wrote the Green New Deal who want planes banned "working towards ending air travel (to be replaced with high-speed rail)." Now that's stupid.

Edited by Penge Eagle (03 Oct 2019 11.09am)

I don’t think it’s at all realistic to think he could ‘do his job’ (sounds ridiculous even writing that but I hope you know what I mean) without the use of regular plane travel - the message is surely to make changes where you can, not just ‘lecturing about carbon.’

I completely agree that proposal is stupid.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View W12's Profile W12 Flag 03 Oct 19 11.31am Send a Private Message to W12 Add W12 as a friend

Originally posted by Penge Eagle

Yes, but the likes of Prince Harry are getting on private planes almost every week and lecturing us about carbon.

And there are people in the Democrat party who wrote the Green New Deal who want planes banned "working towards ending air travel (to be replaced with high-speed rail)." Now that's stupid.

Edited by Penge Eagle (03 Oct 2019 11.09am)

The green new deal is little to do with the environment. It's about raising taxes for "social justice".

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View dannyboy1978's Profile dannyboy1978 Flag 03 Oct 19 11.37am Send a Private Message to dannyboy1978 Add dannyboy1978 as a friend

[Link]

Seriously he wants to lecture about being green!

Did he look at his carbon footprint when he bought this?
[Link]

And I won't take any lessons from this stuck up cow
[Link]

Edited by dannyboy1978 (03 Oct 2019 11.39am)

Edited by dannyboy1978 (03 Oct 2019 11.42am)

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View EverybodyDannsNow's Profile EverybodyDannsNow Flag SE19 03 Oct 19 11.44am Send a Private Message to EverybodyDannsNow Add EverybodyDannsNow as a friend

Originally posted by dannyboy1978

[Link]

Seriously he wants to lecture about being green!

Did he look at his carbon footprint when he bought this?
[Link]

And I won't take any lessons from this stuck up cow
[Link]

Edited by dannyboy1978 (03 Oct 2019 11.39am)

Edited by dannyboy1978 (03 Oct 2019 11.42am)

Imagine googling ‘Prince Harry’s car’ just to try and find relevant stories to support your point; the zenith of debate.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Penge Eagle's Profile Penge Eagle Flag Beckenham 03 Oct 19 11.50am Send a Private Message to Penge Eagle Holmesdale Online Elite Member Add Penge Eagle as a friend

Originally posted by EverybodyDannsNow

I don’t think it’s at all realistic to think he could ‘do his job’ (sounds ridiculous even writing that but I hope you know what I mean) without the use of regular plane travel - the message is surely to make changes where you can, not just ‘lecturing about carbon.’

I completely agree that proposal is stupid.

I guess he enjoys doing his job via gas-guzzling private jets rather than commercial.

 


New Palace fan site – Screaming Alice [Link]

Alert Alert a moderator to this post | Board Moderator Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View EverybodyDannsNow's Profile EverybodyDannsNow Flag SE19 03 Oct 19 11.55am Send a Private Message to EverybodyDannsNow Add EverybodyDannsNow as a friend

Originally posted by Penge Eagle

I guess he enjoys doing his job via gas-guzzling private jets rather than commercial.

Yeah there wouldn’t be any safety concerns at all with that, and I’m sure him and his young child would be left undisturbed for the duration of the trip.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Teddy Eagle's Profile Teddy Eagle Online Flag 03 Oct 19 12.24pm Send a Private Message to Teddy Eagle Add Teddy Eagle as a friend

Originally posted by EverybodyDannsNow

Yeah there wouldn’t be any safety concerns at all with that, and I’m sure him and his young child would be left undisturbed for the duration of the trip.

If he flies RyanAir the excess baggage charges would be something to see.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View EverybodyDannsNow's Profile EverybodyDannsNow Flag SE19 03 Oct 19 12.29pm Send a Private Message to EverybodyDannsNow Add EverybodyDannsNow as a friend

Originally posted by Teddy Eagle

If he flies RyanAir the excess baggage charges would be something to see.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply

 

Page 21 of 23 < 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 >

Previous Topic | Next Topic

You are here: Home > Message Board > News & Politics > Bloody Lefties