You are here: Home > Message Board > News & Politics > The Election Thread
December 14 2019 3.39pm

The Election Thread

Previous Topic | Next Topic


Page 3 of 196 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >

 

View W12's Profile W12 Flag 30 Oct 19 9.32am Send a Private Message to W12 Add W12 as a friend

Originally posted by steeleye20

What are you going to tell them in your leaflets and on the doorstep?

After 10 years.

'Corbyn is a Marxist'.

You won't be lasting long on any doorsteps round here.

Where are you - Notting Hill?

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Willo's Profile Willo Online Flag South coast - west of Brighton. 30 Oct 19 9.37am Send a Private Message to Willo Add Willo as a friend

Originally posted by steeleye20

What are you going to tell them in your leaflets and on the doorstep?

After 10 years.

'Corbyn is a Marxist'.

You won't be lasting long on any doorsteps round here.

Corbyn is a Marxist and Johnson yesterday compared him in rapid succession to Fidel Castro, Goldilocks and Count Dracula.Not sure whether this will be part of a campaign slogan!

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Rudi Hedman's Profile Rudi Hedman Flag Caterham 30 Oct 19 9.37am Send a Private Message to Rudi Hedman Add Rudi Hedman as a friend

Slightly concerned Corbyn will promise solutions to all the country’s ills (but will take 20+ years of his politics in reality to have a chance) and the marginals will vote for it. But hopefully enough people will see he’s just a protestor or ‘disagreeable tw@t.’

 


COYP

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View W12's Profile W12 Flag 30 Oct 19 9.38am Send a Private Message to W12 Add W12 as a friend

Originally posted by Willo

The 'mood music' was that the EU would not re-open the WA and would not get rid of the 'Backstop'.Johnson couldn't possibly agree a deal with the EU by 31 Oct etc etc but he managed just that and was only thwarted by Labour etc etc for party political purposes.Brexit voters are fully aware what has been going on in Parliament and the motivation behind the stance taken by the opposition parties.

I look forward to engaging in conversation with both Leavers and Remainers alike on the doorsteps and streets , this is where I shall be concentrating my efforts,not on HOL responding to questions.

Edited by Willo (30 Oct 2019 9.26am)

I wouldn't massively disagree with any of that but it's not really an answer is it?

The withdrawal agreement still has considerably greater issues than Northern Ireland in terms of ongoing alignment and control by the EU. Remember England is by far the biggest and the only independently economically viable country in this union.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Rudi Hedman's Profile Rudi Hedman Flag Caterham 30 Oct 19 9.42am Send a Private Message to Rudi Hedman Add Rudi Hedman as a friend

I do wonder whether some Northerners who’ve always voted Labour the Tories are profiling as ‘Workington Man’ might take offence to it. Might’ve been better to use more wording to say they’re campaigning the interests of people who are ....., in .........

 


COYP

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Rudi Hedman's Profile Rudi Hedman Flag Caterham 30 Oct 19 9.44am Send a Private Message to Rudi Hedman Add Rudi Hedman as a friend

Originally posted by W12

Where are you - Notting Hill?

Hovis Hill, pushing a basic bicycle he’d like to see us all using.

 


COYP

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View steeleye20's Profile steeleye20 Flag Croydon 30 Oct 19 9.44am Send a Private Message to steeleye20 Add steeleye20 as a friend

Originally posted by Willo

Corbyn is a Marxist and Johnson yesterday compared him in rapid succession to Fidel Castro, Goldilocks and Count Dracula.Not sure whether this will be part of a campaign slogan!

No surprise there, after 10 years.

And what could the tories say, there are simply no achievements whatsoever.

Just hopelessness. bluster and entitlement of the few.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Willo's Profile Willo Online Flag South coast - west of Brighton. 30 Oct 19 9.55am Send a Private Message to Willo Add Willo as a friend

Originally posted by steeleye20

No surprise there, after 10 years.

And what could the tories say, there are simply no achievements whatsoever.

Just hopelessness. bluster and entitlement of the few.

Real progress on reducing our deficit – it is down by two-thirds. This safeguards our economy for the long-term and keeps mortgage rates low.

From April 2017, Conservatives will have cut income tax for 31 million people. It means a typical basic rate taxpayer will be paying over £1,000 less income tax than when we came into government five years ago. And it means another 1.3 million of the lowest paid taken out of tax altogether.

Employment is up by over 2.5 million since the 2010 General Election. That’s over two and a half million more people with the security of bringing home a regular pay packet.

Conservatives backing business.Because we have backed small business and enterprise with better infrastructure and lower taxes there are 900,000 more businesses, helping drive growth and create jobs.

ETC ETC ETC ETC !!!!!!!!!

The constraints of time preclude me from adding to this list.

Edited by Willo (30 Oct 2019 9.56am)

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Rudi Hedman's Profile Rudi Hedman Flag Caterham 30 Oct 19 10.01am Send a Private Message to Rudi Hedman Add Rudi Hedman as a friend

Please add more, Willo.

 


COYP

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View W12's Profile W12 Flag 30 Oct 19 10.03am Send a Private Message to W12 Add W12 as a friend

Originally posted by Willo

Real progress on reducing our deficit – it is down by two-thirds. This safeguards our economy for the long-term and keeps mortgage rates low.

From April 2017, Conservatives will have cut income tax for 31 million people. It means a typical basic rate taxpayer will be paying over £1,000 less income tax than when we came into government five years ago. And it means another 1.3 million of the lowest paid taken out of tax altogether.

Employment is up by over 2.5 million since the 2010 General Election. That’s over two and a half million more people with the security of bringing home a regular pay packet.

Conservatives backing business.Because we have backed small business and enterprise with better infrastructure and lower taxes there are 900,000 more businesses, helping drive growth and create jobs.

ETC ETC ETC ETC !!!!!!!!!

The constraints of time preclude me from adding to this list.

Edited by Willo (30 Oct 2019 9.56am)

But the lefties don't care about money....except when it comes to leaving the EU

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View mezzer's Profile mezzer Flag Main Stand, Block F, Row 20 seat 1... 30 Oct 19 10.06am Send a Private Message to mezzer Add mezzer as a friend

Willo, I know you're passionate about the standing/sitting debate.

So are you campaigning for the candidate that is standing for re-election or for the sitting MP?

 


Living down here does have some advantages. At least you can see them cry.

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Willo's Profile Willo Online Flag South coast - west of Brighton. 30 Oct 19 10.07am Send a Private Message to Willo Add Willo as a friend

Originally posted by Rudi Hedman

Please add more, Willo.

Due to meet my Tory chums at 10.30!

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply

 

Page 3 of 196 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >

Previous Topic | Next Topic

You are here: Home > Message Board > News & Politics > The Election Thread