You are here: Home > Message Board > Palace Talk > Are we on a path to disaster ?
April 22 2024 10.38pm

Are we on a path to disaster ?

Previous Topic | Next Topic


Page 9 of 13 < 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 >

 

View Ginger Pubic Wig's Profile Ginger Pubic Wig Flag Wickham de L'Ouest 24 Dec 19 9.54pm Send a Private Message to Ginger Pubic Wig Add Ginger Pubic Wig as a friend

To be fair, Leicester are a level above us in terms of infrastructure but their successes have been about unearthing talent and, as said, taking smart risks on certaib players.

They've also been willing to sell.

We need to scout better players. And as fans, we need to forget about big-name, high-valur signings.

 


If you want to live in a world full of kindness, respect and love, try to show these qualities.

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Willo's Profile Willo Online Flag South coast - west of Brighton. 24 Dec 19 10.27pm Send a Private Message to Willo Add Willo as a friend

Originally posted by Ginger Pubic Wig

To be fair, Leicester are a level above us in terms of infrastructure but their successes have been about unearthing talent and, as said, taking smart risks on certaib players.

They've also been willing to sell.

We need to scout better players. And as fans, we need to forget about big-name, high-valur signings.

Leiester bought Maguire for a deal up to £17 Mill, with a 15% sell-on clause relating to profit. He was sold for £82 Mill.
Mahrez was bought for £560,000 and sold for £60 Mill
Kante was bought for £5.6 Mill and sold for £32 Mill.

Soyuncu has been getting very positive reviews and is worth much more than the £19 Mill Leicester paid for him.


Edited by Willo (24 Dec 2019 10.37pm)

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Willo's Profile Willo Online Flag South coast - west of Brighton. 25 Dec 19 10.28pm Send a Private Message to Willo Add Willo as a friend

At the end of the next 3 games we could either be sitting comfortably in mid-table or looking anxiously over our shoulder having plummeted down the table with teams below us closing the points gap.I fear the latter.

Three games in 7 days with an ageing squad, and coupled with injuries and a dearth of firepower up front doesn't fill me with great confidence.

Edited by Willo (25 Dec 2019 10.33pm)

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Jacey's Profile Jacey Flag 26 Dec 19 1.12pm Send a Private Message to Jacey Add Jacey as a friend

Originally posted by Willo

At the end of the next 3 games we could either be sitting comfortably in mid-table or looking anxiously over our shoulder having plummeted down the table with teams below us closing the points gap.I fear the latter.

Three games in 7 days with an ageing squad, and coupled with injuries and a dearth of firepower up front doesn't fill me with great confidence.

I follow your thinking and with Brighton now winning at Spurs,even they have leapfrogged us,at least until this afternoon when we hopefully put in a strong performance.

Edited by Willo (25 Dec 2019 10.33pm)

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View CT Charlie's Profile CT Charlie Flag 26 Dec 19 3.14pm Send a Private Message to CT Charlie Add CT Charlie as a friend

As a Yank, I'm embarrassed by our ownership. It peeves me and pains me that they appear to be utterly passive, hoping that the rising tide of the Premier League will merely raise the value of their investment. If only I had the money, I'd happily buy the club, spend generously and let SP carry out a reasonable plan to improve the stadium, groom a successor to Roy, and learn to identify the kind of players who'll ensure our long-term survival.

I'd be happy to remain in mid-table in perpetuity, so long as we field players who are hungry and proud to represent the most vocal and enthusiastic fans in the Premiership. I want Palace players to fight for every goal we score, and battle to make even the best teams respect our effort and fear our spirit.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Eaglecoops's Profile Eaglecoops Flag CR3 26 Dec 19 3.39pm Send a Private Message to Eaglecoops Add Eaglecoops as a friend

Originally posted by CT Charlie

As a Yank, I'm embarrassed by our ownership. It peeves me and pains me that they appear to be utterly passive, hoping that the rising tide of the Premier League will merely raise the value of their investment. If only I had the money, I'd happily buy the club, spend generously and let SP carry out a reasonable plan to improve the stadium, groom a successor to Roy, and learn to identify the kind of players who'll ensure our long-term survival.

I'd be happy to remain in mid-table in perpetuity, so long as we field players who are hungry and proud to represent the most vocal and enthusiastic fans in the Premiership. I want Palace players to fight for every goal we score, and battle to make even the best teams respect our effort and fear our spirit.

Fine words

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View mattteo's Profile mattteo Flag 26 Dec 19 5.29pm Send a Private Message to mattteo Add mattteo as a friend

Disaster seems avoided or very much avoidable, as there are now 8 points clear of first relegation position (Aston Villa with 18 ). This is what should be counted, not that we're 3 points away from Europa League position. Cause let's face it- the attack is very poor and with only bang-average over a full year Ayew and out of form Zaha, team has the worst goalscoring record out of Top 15 teams.

And many teams below will surely finish ahigher: Arsenal, Man United, Everton. Brighton is playing amazibgly well and deserved many more points (even though I know you all hate Brighton, their manager really did his job this season).

So a 12-13 position at the end of the season will be golden for a team like Palace, with such a lack for goals.

Edited by mattteo (26 Dec 2019 5.30pm)

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View bexleydave's Profile bexleydave Flag Barnehurst 26 Dec 19 6.38pm Send a Private Message to bexleydave Holmesdale Online Elite Member Add bexleydave as a friend

Originally posted by mattteo

Disaster seems avoided or very much avoidable, as there are now 8 points clear of first relegation position (Aston Villa with 18 ). This is what should be counted, not that we're 3 points away from Europa League position. Cause let's face it- the attack is very poor and with only bang-average over a full year Ayew and out of form Zaha, team has the worst goalscoring record out of Top 15 teams.

And many teams below will surely finish ahigher: Arsenal, Man United, Everton. Brighton is playing amazibgly well and deserved many more points (even though I know you all hate Brighton, their manager really did his job this season).

So a 12-13 position at the end of the season will be golden for a team like Palace, with such a lack for goals.

(1) The table doesn't lie, (2) I'm not sure why you post on here if you're not one of us and (3) this season is a long way from being over; let's see how successful 'Potterball' has been in May.

 


Bexley Dave

Can you hear the Brighton sing? I can't hear a ******* thing!

"The most arrogant, obnoxious bunch of deluded little sun tanned, loafer wearing mummy's boys I've ever had the misfortune of having to listen to" (Burnley forum)

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View mattteo's Profile mattteo Flag 26 Dec 19 7.06pm Send a Private Message to mattteo Add mattteo as a friend

Originally posted by bexleydave

(1) The table doesn't lie, (2) I'm not sure why you post on here if you're not one of us and (3) this season is a long way from being over; let's see how successful 'Potterball' has been in May.

Am i required to s*** on Brighton for no reason to be one of you???

I'm not sure what you meant there....

I like what Graham Potter did with a team which was probably the worst which avoided relegation relegation last year. They were piss poor. Now they're domination Tottenham away and Man United and pretty much 3 quarters of the Premier League teams they play against.


 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View EddieMac's Profile EddieMac Flag 27 Dec 19 9.49am Send a Private Message to EddieMac Add EddieMac as a friend

Originally posted by mattteo

Am i required to s*** on Brighton for no reason to be one of you???

I'm not sure what you meant there....

I like what Graham Potter did with a team which was probably the worst which avoided relegation relegation last year. They were piss poor. Now they're domination Tottenham away and Man United and pretty much 3 quarters of the Premier League teams they play against.


A Few more defeats and Potter will be panicking. He hasnít the experience to keep faith in his system. They will be no better off than last year and in my opinion they are strong contenders for relegation.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View aashman12's Profile aashman12 Flag 27 Dec 19 9.56am Send a Private Message to aashman12 Add aashman12 as a friend

Originally posted by mattteo

Am i required to s*** on Brighton for no reason to be one of you???

I'm not sure what you meant there....

I like what Graham Potter did with a team which was probably the worst which avoided relegation relegation last year. They were piss poor. Now they're domination Tottenham away and Man United and pretty much 3 quarters of the Premier League teams they play against.


And do very little with it. Bossed us for 70mins yet only really had the goal as a clear cut effort, all long range pea rollers otherwise, when we decided to turn up they shat themselves and threw on centre backs.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View NEILLO's Profile NEILLO Flag Shoreham-by-Sea 27 Dec 19 10.10am Send a Private Message to NEILLO Add NEILLO as a friend

Originally posted by mattteo

Am i required to s*** on Brighton for no reason to be one of you???

I'm not sure what you meant there....

I like what Graham Potter did with a team which was probably the worst which avoided relegation relegation last year. They were piss poor. Now they're domination Tottenham away and Man United and pretty much 3 quarters of the Premier League teams they play against.


Go onto the Brighton Argus website, Albion section. Then read the readers comments after Potter's usual post match mantra of '' we can take positives from the game ''.

Most of their support recognises the fact that having plenty of possession and good movement means very little if you can't score goals. And they are usually the most deluded set of fans around.

Begs the question that if even they can see that, why can't you !

 


Old, Ungifted and White

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply

 

Page 9 of 13 < 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 >

Previous Topic | Next Topic

You are here: Home > Message Board > Palace Talk > Are we on a path to disaster ?