You are here: Home > Message Board > News & Politics > BBC (again)
September 21 2021 8.48pm

BBC (again)

Previous Topic | Next Topic


Page 99 of 100 < 95 96 97 98 99 100 >

 

View Badger11's Profile Badger11 Flag Beckenham 09 Aug 21 5.57pm Send a Private Message to Badger11 Add Badger11 as a friend

Originally posted by dannyboy1978

Ok it not the BBC , but I've never read such bull in my life.

"Mustafa who came to Britain as a refugee seized the opportunity &#129315;. I've never read such dribble

[Link]

Edited by dannyboy1978 (09 Aug 2021 5.56pm)

wrong link?

 


One more point

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View BlueJay's Profile BlueJay Flag UK 09 Aug 21 7.38pm Send a Private Message to BlueJay Add BlueJay as a friend

Originally posted by Slimey Toad

But it is a world where we're told colour doesn't matter, but the media still bangs on about it.

I thought it ridiculous Dan Walker et al. kept going on and on about the 'first black swimmer' to represent GB and 'a victory for diversity' as if black people are being held back from swimming.

I don't remember a colour bar at Brockwell Park Lido.

Yes sport is more of a meritocracy than most areas of life. If anyone overly reducing someones personal achievements down to being the 'first this or that' detracts from what they have personally achieved. That said, I guess the other side of the coin would be that visibility at representation at the highest level probably does draw more people in who would've otherwise given the sport a miss.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View PalazioVecchio's Profile PalazioVecchio Flag south pole 11 Aug 21 12.53am Send a Private Message to PalazioVecchio Add PalazioVecchio as a friend

Does the BBC have zero respect for straight white British men ?

 


Eagle with SE19 altitude

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Stirlingsays's Profile Stirlingsays Flag 11 Aug 21 2.12am Send a Private Message to Stirlingsays Holmesdale Online Elite Member Add Stirlingsays as a friend

Originally posted by PalazioVecchio

Does the BBC have zero respect for straight white British men ?

Only if they read the Guardian.

 


'Who are you and how did you get in here? I'm a locksmith. And, I'm a locksmith.' (Leslie Nielsen)

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Stirlingsays's Profile Stirlingsays Flag 15 Aug 21 12.23am Send a Private Message to Stirlingsays Holmesdale Online Elite Member Add Stirlingsays as a friend

The BBC are all about how terrible women's rights will be in Afghanistan, yeah I agree.

However, in the actual west a woman can't even say that a man in a dress shouldn't enter a women's toilet.

It starts with shouting about women's rights, which all reasonable people understand.....the problem is it ends with children changing gender at four without their parents agreeing.....as the SNP are now putting forward.


Edited by Stirlingsays (15 Aug 2021 12.48am)

 


'Who are you and how did you get in here? I'm a locksmith. And, I'm a locksmith.' (Leslie Nielsen)

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View cryrst's Profile cryrst Flag Chatham 15 Aug 21 7.05am Send a Private Message to cryrst Add cryrst as a friend

Originally posted by Stirlingsays

The BBC are all about how terrible women's rights will be in Afghanistan, yeah I agree.

However, in the actual west a woman can't even say that a man in a dress shouldn't enter a women's toilet.

It starts with shouting about women's rights, which all reasonable people understand.....the problem is it ends with children changing gender at four without their parents agreeing.....as the SNP are now putting forward.


Edited by Stirlingsays (15 Aug 2021 12.48am)

The irony is that women's rights in Afghanistan and all Muslim countries are determined by the qoran and Islam. Such a peaceful thing we are told. Unless your a woman of course but don't let the facts blur over a good headline.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Badger11's Profile Badger11 Flag Beckenham 15 Aug 21 8.17am Send a Private Message to Badger11 Add Badger11 as a friend

The sisters are up in arms over the fate of women in Afghanistan and demand something must be done.

Well the only something that would work would be to put male troops on the ground unless of course the metropolitan elite women would like to volunteer?

No? Didn't think so, their happy to let working class men do the killing and dying in foreign countries.

As the man said you'll never see a feminist in a divorce court.

Edited by Badger11 (15 Aug 2021 8.18am)

 


One more point

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View PalazioVecchio's Profile PalazioVecchio Flag south pole 06 Sep 21 8.56pm Send a Private Message to PalazioVecchio Add PalazioVecchio as a friend

Originally posted by Badger11

As the man said you'll never see a feminist in a divorce court.

....no , but you might see one captaining the Bridge of a spaceship ?

[Link]

 


Eagle with SE19 altitude

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View nobody's Profile nobody Flag sussex 07 Sep 21 9.57am Send a Private Message to nobody Add nobody as a friend

Fran Unsworth is leaving her post at BBC News.

The commander in chief of the Woke brigade.Lets hope
more balanced reporting will now follow.

But don't hold your breath

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Wisbech Eagle's Profile Wisbech Eagle Flag Truro Cornwall 07 Sep 21 11.20am Send a Private Message to Wisbech Eagle Add Wisbech Eagle as a friend

Originally posted by nobody

Fran Unsworth is leaving her post at BBC News.

The commander in chief of the Woke brigade.Lets hope
more balanced reporting will now follow.

But don't hold your breath

There is, and always has been, the perception of an unbalanced approach by the BBC from both the left and the right. Unsurprisingly, each believes it favours the other. With the right now having the loudest mouthpieces we just hear more from them.

The BBC must, and do, ignore this and do their best to meet the obligations placed on them. Being free of political and commercial pressures is a vital asset, much respected and trusted around the world. We tamper with that at our peril and the current government's threats are a danger which need to be resisted.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View jeeagles's Profile jeeagles Flag 07 Sep 21 1.10pm Send a Private Message to jeeagles Add jeeagles as a friend

Originally posted by Wisbech Eagle

There is, and always has been, the perception of an unbalanced approach by the BBC from both the left and the right. Unsurprisingly, each believes it favours the other. With the right now having the loudest mouthpieces we just hear more from them.

The BBC must, and do, ignore this and do their best to meet the obligations placed on them. Being free of political and commercial pressures is a vital asset, much respected and trusted around the world. We tamper with that at our peril and the current government's threats are a danger which need to be resisted.

[Link]

Was listening to this this morning.
The BBC were investigating racist tweets after the Euro's and tracked down a troll in Saudia Arabia.

The press in general have really glossed over how much of this abuse is coming from abroad giving the impression that its the English Disease again.

More that half of the 396 posts reported were from abroad. Many from the middle east, I wouldnt be surprised if quite a few were from Italy.

Whilst there's no room for racism, I found the reporting has been a bit disingenuous about the source of the majority of the abuse.

Britain gets a bad rep from a lot of people claim that we are a institutional racist country when we are not. We are far more progressive than most countries.

I think their would be less objection to them, and taking the knee, if they were clearer that a lot of the abuse is coming from abroad, and the gesture is an international message to share British values of equality, and not just aimed at football fans, who are vilified at any given opportunity by the media.

The press couldn't wait to stick the knife in after the Euro's.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Wisbech Eagle's Profile Wisbech Eagle Flag Truro Cornwall 07 Sep 21 3.13pm Send a Private Message to Wisbech Eagle Add Wisbech Eagle as a friend

Originally posted by jeeagles

[Link]

Was listening to this this morning.
The BBC were investigating racist tweets after the Euro's and tracked down a troll in Saudia Arabia.

The press in general have really glossed over how much of this abuse is coming from abroad giving the impression that its the English Disease again.

More that half of the 396 posts reported were from abroad. Many from the middle east, I wouldnt be surprised if quite a few were from Italy.

Whilst there's no room for racism, I found the reporting has been a bit disingenuous about the source of the majority of the abuse.

Britain gets a bad rep from a lot of people claim that we are a institutional racist country when we are not. We are far more progressive than most countries.

I think their would be less objection to them, and taking the knee, if they were clearer that a lot of the abuse is coming from abroad, and the gesture is an international message to share British values of equality, and not just aimed at football fans, who are vilified at any given opportunity by the media.

The press couldn't wait to stick the knife in after the Euro's.

I certainly agree that the press always sensationalise this kind of issue. It helps sell newspapers and online clicks.

I also agree that the social media companies need to act more decisively in removing offensive posts and banning those who post them.

There are those, including some who post here, who would argue the opposite and want there to be no moderation at all as to do so is, in their eyes, an infringement of the freedom of speech.

Just imagine the result of that!

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply

 

Page 99 of 100 < 95 96 97 98 99 100 >

Previous Topic | Next Topic

You are here: Home > Message Board > News & Politics > BBC (again)