You are here: Home > Message Board > News & Politics > BBC (again)
December 7 2021 6.54am

BBC (again)

Previous Topic | Next Topic


Page 103 of 110 < 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 >

 

View JRW2's Profile JRW2 Flag Dulwich 01 Oct 21 3.27pm Send a Private Message to JRW2 Add JRW2 as a friend

Originally posted by Wisbech Eagle

The world service remains something to be very proud of. In many countries, which have national broadcasters who are controlled by their governments, it is still the most trusted source of news and information. It is arguably our most valuable export, as it sets us apart from almost everyone else and shows the best aspects of British standards of respect and accuracy. An image that is very important but under threat from the current government and especially the PM.

Funding that export, via the licence fee, and keeping the government's, of any hue, mucky hands off it, seems like very good value for money to me. Money we should all be willing and proud to pay.

It's not all about "me" and what "I" get out of it. It's much bigger than that.

Wholeheartedly agree with all that (and that's a first).

I too see the World Service as something to be proud of, possibly unique in the world, and offering truth and hope to people who might otherwise be deprived of those things. But in my case it is indeed also 'about "me" and what "I" get out of it': when I'm driving, and Radio 4 and LBC are getting on my nerves, I have no hesitation in switching to World Service - and then often staying with it.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View cryrst's Profile cryrst Online Flag Chatham 01 Oct 21 7.54pm Send a Private Message to cryrst Add cryrst as a friend

Originally posted by JRW2

Wholeheartedly agree with all that (and that's a first).

I too see the World Service as something to be proud of, possibly unique in the world, and offering truth and hope to people who might otherwise be deprived of those things. But in my case it is indeed also 'about "me" and what "I" get out of it': when I'm driving, and Radio 4 and LBC are getting on my nerves, I have no hesitation in switching to World Service - and then often staying with it.

Try classic fm. Very calming with no opinions or stupid competitions.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View eagleman13's Profile eagleman13 Flag On The Road To Hell & Alicante 12 Oct 21 6.25pm Send a Private Message to eagleman13 Holmesdale Online Elite Member Add eagleman13 as a friend

Yet another thing to hate the Biased Bullshyte Co for . . .

On their sport/football page, the lead story isnt about England v Hungary, no, its full on Faroe Is v Scotland . . . WTF?

 


Is now OFFICIALLY retired.

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
Yellow Card - User has been warned of conduct on the messageboards View Orange1290's Profile Orange1290 Online Flag 12 Oct 21 6.40pm Send a Private Message to Orange1290 Add Orange1290 as a friend

Originally posted by eagleman13

Yet another thing to hate the Biased Bullshyte Co for . . .

On their sport/football page, the lead story isnt about England v Hungary, no, its full on Faroe Is v Scotland . . . WTF?


[Link]

 


Pro China, EU & Palestine

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View The Dolphin's Profile The Dolphin Flag 05 Nov 21 7.13am Send a Private Message to The Dolphin Add The Dolphin as a friend

[Link]

Poor old Huw has upset the virtue signalling woke brigade so he is being "spoken to" for daring to not follow the party line.
Given what many other BBC employees say on their twitter it just goes to show what a waste of our money they really are.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
Yellow Card - User has been warned of conduct on the messageboards View Hrolf The Ganger's Profile Hrolf The Ganger Flag 05 Nov 21 10.44am Send a Private Message to Hrolf The Ganger Add Hrolf The Ganger as a friend

Originally posted by The Dolphin

[Link]

Poor old Huw has upset the virtue signalling woke brigade so he is being "spoken to" for daring to not follow the party line.
Given what many other BBC employees say on their twitter it just goes to show what a waste of our money they really are.

These spineless fools have no idea what they are unleashing.

One simple question. When will the 'offended' be satisfied?

I think we all know the answer.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Stirlingsays's Profile Stirlingsays Flag 05 Nov 21 10.54am Send a Private Message to Stirlingsays Holmesdale Online Elite Member Add Stirlingsays as a friend

Defund the BBC.

 


'Who are you and how did you get in here? I'm a locksmith. And, I'm a locksmith.' (Leslie Nielsen)

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View PalazioVecchio's Profile PalazioVecchio Flag south pole 05 Nov 21 11.13am Send a Private Message to PalazioVecchio Add PalazioVecchio as a friend

Originally posted by Stirlingsays

Defund the BBC.

Cultural Marxists.

Extorting money from Joe Public to pay for his own indoctrination.

giving sanctuary & opportunity to Paedo's like Rolf Harris & Jimmy Savile.


Like a cross between Tony Soprano & Cyril Smith.

Edited by PalazioVecchio (05 Nov 2021 11.27am)

 


Eagle with SE19 altitude

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Wisbech Eagle's Profile Wisbech Eagle Flag Truro Cornwall 05 Nov 21 7.51pm Send a Private Message to Wisbech Eagle Add Wisbech Eagle as a friend

Originally posted by The Dolphin

[Link]

Poor old Huw has upset the virtue signalling woke brigade so he is being "spoken to" for daring to not follow the party line.
Given what many other BBC employees say on their twitter it just goes to show what a waste of our money they really are.

If you actually read the story, you might just understand that the BBC are not talking to him about what he wrote. They are talking about whether expressing any personal opinion by a BBC journalist conflicts with their impartiality obligations.

I would have thought the hard-right posters here would approve of that! You wouldn't want a BBC journalist expressing support for views you disagree with, though obviously you believe that already happens. With this story, you now have an open door to challenge the BBC over any personal utterance by BBC journalists that you believe aren't impartial. Good luck. Please share the responses here.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View cryrst's Profile cryrst Online Flag Chatham 05 Nov 21 8.21pm Send a Private Message to cryrst Add cryrst as a friend

Originally posted by Wisbech Eagle

If you actually read the story, you might just understand that the BBC are not talking to him about what he wrote. They are talking about whether expressing any personal opinion by a BBC journalist conflicts with their impartiality obligations.

I would have thought the hard-right posters here would approve of that! You wouldn't want a BBC journalist expressing support for views you disagree with, though obviously you believe that already happens. With this story, you now have an open door to challenge the BBC over any personal utterance by BBC journalists that you believe aren't impartial. Good luck. Please share the responses here.

And you believe that do you? They are using that reasoning as an excuse. Sometimes the written word isn't actually how it is.
Expressing a perfectly understandable opinion is freedom of speech and you always give that credence I thought.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Wisbech Eagle's Profile Wisbech Eagle Flag Truro Cornwall 05 Nov 21 9.32pm Send a Private Message to Wisbech Eagle Add Wisbech Eagle as a friend

Originally posted by cryrst

And you believe that do you? They are using that reasoning as an excuse. Sometimes the written word isn't actually how it is.
Expressing a perfectly understandable opinion is freedom of speech and you always give that credence I thought.

BBC journalists are, so far as I am aware, contractually bound by the requirements of the BBC to remain impartial, both in their presentation of the output and in any personal opinions they express publicly. If they accept the contact, then they must also accept its restrictions.

It has nothing to do with freedom of speech. If anyone feels unable to accept the restrictions, then they are free not to sign, or resign if they already have.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Jimenez's Profile Jimenez Flag SELHURSTPARKCHESTER,DA BRONX 05 Nov 21 10.10pm Send a Private Message to Jimenez Add Jimenez as a friend

Originally posted by Wisbech Eagle

If you actually read the story, you might just understand that the BBC are not talking to him about what he wrote. They are talking about whether expressing any personal opinion by a BBC journalist conflicts with their impartiality obligations.

I would have thought the hard-right posters here would approve of that! You wouldn't want a BBC journalist expressing support for views you disagree with, though obviously you believe that already happens. With this story, you now have an open door to challenge the BBC over any personal utterance by BBC journalists that you believe aren't impartial. Good luck. Please share the responses here.

Now do Gary Lineker who spouts his usual BS on Twitter seemingly at will because he (although employed by the BBC)has declared himself freelance

 


Pro USA & Israel

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply

 

Page 103 of 110 < 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 >

Previous Topic | Next Topic

You are here: Home > Message Board > News & Politics > BBC (again)