You are here: Home > Message Board > News & Politics > Cummings must go
July 10 2020 6.41am

Cummings must go

Previous Topic | Next Topic


Page 5 of 17 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 >

 

View IMpalace's Profile IMpalace Flag London 28 May 20 2.22pm Send a Private Message to IMpalace Add IMpalace as a friend

Originally posted by Rudi Hedman

He might have meant testing his health and fitness to drive 260 miles by driving 30 mins for a stop and 30 mins back.

He was quite clear in his speech that his eyesight was impacted, that his wife was worried about his eyesight and that they therefore decided to go on a drive to see if it was safe.

I'll ask again, does anybody actually believe that someone would test their eyesight by packing their family into a car and driving round in a car for an hour and a half?

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View IMpalace's Profile IMpalace Flag London 28 May 20 2.24pm Send a Private Message to IMpalace Add IMpalace as a friend

Originally posted by chris123

What do you want the Police to do then?

Nothing. Not arguing the police should do anything, it's a waste of time.

I'm arguing that a politician breaking the rules and then clearly lying to the public and denying it rather than just admitting it and apologising will do a lot of damage to the chances of the general public observing social distancing.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View ASCPFC's Profile ASCPFC Flag Pro-Cathedral/caravan park 28 May 20 2.28pm Send a Private Message to ASCPFC Add ASCPFC as a friend

Originally posted by IMpalace

He was quite clear in his speech that his eyesight was impacted, that his wife was worried about his eyesight and that they therefore decided to go on a drive to see if it was safe.

I'll ask again, does anybody actually believe that someone would test their eyesight by packing their family into a car and driving round in a car for an hour and a half?

Sorry, was just driving around to see if I had piles. I will post more at length when I return from the other side of the country. Having trouble reading the road signs - will have to ask the others to give me directions - better stop and take in a castle or two - just to give my eyes a rest.

 


Red and Blue Army!

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View cryrst's Profile cryrst Flag Chatham 28 May 20 2.29pm Send a Private Message to cryrst Add cryrst as a friend

Originally posted by IMpalace

Nothing. Not arguing the police should do anything, it's a waste of time.

I'm arguing that a politician breaking the rules and then clearly lying to the public and denying it rather than just admitting it and apologising will do a lot of damage to the chances of the general public observing social distancing.

He did social distance up there apparently on land and in a house owned by his dad.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View IMpalace's Profile IMpalace Flag London 28 May 20 2.38pm Send a Private Message to IMpalace Add IMpalace as a friend

Originally posted by cryrst

He did social distance up there apparently on land and in a house owned by his dad.

Agreed. Which is why he should have said "I broke the rules but I did socially distance, sorry, won't happen again", as opposed to the load of bollocks we were fed on Monday.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Cucking Funt's Profile Cucking Funt Flag Barnard Castle 28 May 20 2.39pm Send a Private Message to Cucking Funt Add Cucking Funt as a friend

Originally posted by IMpalace

Nothing. Not arguing the police should do anything, it's a waste of time.

I'm arguing that a politician breaking the rules and then clearly lying to the public and denying it rather than just admitting it and apologising will do a lot of damage to the chances of the general public observing social distancing.

But Cummings isn't a politician, is he? He's 'just' an advisor. Politicians like Jenrick and Kinnock are, rightly or wrongly, held to a higher standard of conduct than the average and there wasn't even the whiff of a suggestion that the kind of punishment the press want to see dished out to Cummings should be handed down to them. The press don't like Cummings because he's seen as 'Mr Brexit' and he offends their mostly left wing,pro EU sensitivities.

He was ill-advised (ironically for a man whose job is to advise) to undertake those trips but the fact that the law is so widely open to different interpretations just shows how useless this sh*t-show of a government really is if they can't even draft a simple law properly.

 


Wife beating may be socially acceptable in Sheffield, but it is a different matter in Cheltenham

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View chris123's Profile chris123 Flag hove actually 28 May 20 2.43pm Send a Private Message to chris123 Add chris123 as a friend

Originally posted by IMpalace

Nothing. Not arguing the police should do anything, it's a waste of time.

I'm arguing that a politician breaking the rules and then clearly lying to the public and denying it rather than just admitting it and apologising will do a lot of damage to the chances of the general public observing social distancing.

If he's done nothing wrong - what do you want him punished for? The Police were clear there were no social distancing issues.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Hrolf The Ganger's Profile Hrolf The Ganger Flag 28 May 20 2.43pm Send a Private Message to Hrolf The Ganger Add Hrolf The Ganger as a friend

Originally posted by IMpalace

Agreed. Which is why he should have said "I broke the rules but I did socially distance, sorry, won't happen again", as opposed to the load of bollocks we were fed on Monday.

We have moved on.

Politics is a world of lies and telling the truth doesn't work.
If it did, no politician, or advisor, would ever lie.

Next...

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View IMpalace's Profile IMpalace Flag London 28 May 20 2.48pm Send a Private Message to IMpalace Add IMpalace as a friend

Originally posted by Cucking Funt

But Cummings isn't a politician, is he? He's 'just' an advisor. Politicians like Jenrick and Kinnock are, rightly or wrongly, held to a higher standard of conduct than the average and there wasn't even the whiff of a suggestion that the kind of punishment the press want to see dished out to Cummings should be handed down to them. The press don't like Cummings because he's seen as 'Mr Brexit' and he offends their mostly left wing,pro EU sensitivities.

He was ill-advised (ironically for a man whose job is to advise) to undertake those trips but the fact that the law is so widely open to different interpretations just shows how useless this sh*t-show of a government really is if they can't even draft a simple law properly.

Fair, he's not a politician. I would argue given his role and how much of a public figure is, that him breaking rules and the subsequent cover up paints a similarly crap picture to the public and will have an impact on people's willingness to observe social distancing rules.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Stirlingsays's Profile Stirlingsays Flag 28 May 20 2.58pm Send a Private Message to Stirlingsays Holmesdale Online Elite Member Add Stirlingsays as a friend

Originally posted by IMpalace

Fair, he's not a politician. I would argue given his role and how much of a public figure is, that him breaking rules and the subsequent cover up paints a similarly crap picture to the public and will have an impact on people's willingness to observe social distancing rules.

The social distancing 'rules' are and were unrealistic and, in my view, would have been broken by most of society at some point since inception and hence are a nonsense......A hubris of control.

Guidance and advice were one thing.....but the idea that this was any sort of criminal behavioir wasn't only illiberal but a state of affairs that was far more likely to create dissent.


Edited by Stirlingsays (28 May 2020 2.58pm)

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Hrolf The Ganger's Profile Hrolf The Ganger Flag 28 May 20 2.58pm Send a Private Message to Hrolf The Ganger Add Hrolf The Ganger as a friend

Originally posted by IMpalace

Fair, he's not a politician. I would argue given his role and how much of a public figure is, that him breaking rules and the subsequent cover up paints a similarly crap picture to the public and will have an impact on people's willingness to observe social distancing rules.

No. The media will have that impact, not Cummings. His behaviour would be unknown just like you or I if he did not have a gang of media snoops on his case.
Their behaviour has been counter to the public interest. They have chosen political point scoring and a crusade against Cummings over the welfare of people.

Maybe I will just keep repeating that until the Lefties shut up about it.

Edited by Hrolf The Ganger (28 May 2020 2.58pm)

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View IMpalace's Profile IMpalace Flag London 28 May 20 3.02pm Send a Private Message to IMpalace Add IMpalace as a friend

Originally posted by Hrolf The Ganger

No. The media will have that impact, not Cummings. His behaviour would be unknown just like you or I if he did not have a gang of media snoops on his case.
Their behaviour has been counter to the public interest. They have chosen political point scoring and a crusade against Cummings over the welfare of people.

Maybe I will just keep repeating that until the Lefties shut up about it.

Edited by Hrolf The Ganger (28 May 2020 2.58pm)

Do you not think given his position he has a responsibility to follow the rules? The media should be reporting this stuff, people in positions like his should be held accountable.

Please can we get away from the extremely boring "it's the lefties" or "it's the right wing" drivel? All the research suggests people across the political spectrum, be that labour voter, conservative voter, brexiteer or remainer are pissed off about this.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply

 

Page 5 of 17 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 >

Previous Topic | Next Topic

You are here: Home > Message Board > News & Politics > Cummings must go