You are here: Home > Message Board > Palace Talk > Topic
July 10 2020 1.41pm

Will CPFC's Shirts Carry The 'Black Power' Fist? (LOCKED)

Previous Topic | Next Topic


Page 3 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >

This forum is sponsored by

Football Index

Sponsor a forum or Advertise on the HOL!

Topic Locked

View baldeagle73's Profile baldeagle73 Flag Leamington spa 18 Jun 20 11.08am Send a Private Message to baldeagle73 Add baldeagle73 as a friend

I was wondering when man united play will Juan matas shirt just say black lifes

 


walking down the holmesdale road to see the palace aces!

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post
View ASCPFC's Profile ASCPFC Flag Pro-Cathedral/caravan park 18 Jun 20 11.13am Send a Private Message to ASCPFC Add ASCPFC as a friend

Originally posted by midlandspalace

This is the most depressing thread I have ever read on this board. The incipient racism of many of the comments frankly disgusts me. Luckily the players who represent the club have a much wider outlook than those posters on here. I was particularly proud to see Patrick VanAnholt speak out, especially against the disgusting but sadly typical comments of rent a gob Katie Hopkins.

It isn't racist to not believe that a Black Lives Matter logo shouldn't have a fist or even be on football shirts. Getting fed up with the censorship. No politics on football shirts - get over it.

 


Red and Blue Army!

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post
View eagleman13's Profile eagleman13 Flag On The Road To Hell & Alicante 18 Jun 20 11.42am Send a Private Message to eagleman13 Holmesdale Online Elite Member Add eagleman13 as a friend

Originally posted by ASCPFC

It isn't racist to not believe that a Black Lives Matter logo shouldn't have a fist or even be on football shirts. Getting fed up with the censorship. No politics on football shirts - get over it.

It is a FIFA/UEFA law that political logo's/messages are not allowed

 


Is joining the 'Grumpy Old Gits' Club

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post
View ASCPFC's Profile ASCPFC Flag Pro-Cathedral/caravan park 18 Jun 20 12.27pm Send a Private Message to ASCPFC Add ASCPFC as a friend

Originally posted by eagleman13

It is a FIFA/UEFA law that political logo's/messages are not allowed

I know mate. But whatever fits into the new agenda is fine as Raheem Sterling victim, multi millionaire, gangsta stylie, tells us. At least we had the poppies, except James McClean who really should play in the League of Ireland.

 


Red and Blue Army!

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post
View si_1967's Profile si_1967 Flag Surrey 18 Jun 20 12.34pm Send a Private Message to si_1967 Add si_1967 as a friend

Originally posted by midlandspalace

This is the most depressing thread I have ever read on this board. The incipient racism of many of the comments frankly disgusts me. Luckily the players who represent the club have a much wider outlook than those posters on here. I was particularly proud to see Patrick VanAnholt speak out, especially against the disgusting but sadly typical comments of rent a gob Katie Hopkins.

I'd wholeheartedly agree with these comments.
Clearly there some extreme views on both sides of the argument, but when you take those away, you still end up with respectable people (like PVA or Clinton Morrison) saying that the lives of people they know, or they themselves have been impacted because of their race.
Are we saying they are all liars, if not then perhaps we should show a little compassion and support.

 


... what

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post
View Winch Eagle's Profile Winch Eagle Flag Fleet, Hampshire 18 Jun 20 12.51pm Send a Private Message to Winch Eagle Add Winch Eagle as a friend

It is one of those subjects that you fear having an opinion on in case your labled.
Personally, I have no problem with the logo appearing on the shirt.
I think it is a shame it has taken a swell of pressure/influence from what has happened in the states to get to this stage, bearing in mind we were all talking about the national team walking off the pitch in recent times due to the verble racism they were facing on the pitch.
My understanding is they were going to put a thank you NHS slogan on the back of all of the players shirts, which to be honest, I would have though a fitting tribute over the past few months and would have favoured.


 


Winch Eagle

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post
View croydon proud's Profile croydon proud Flag croydon 18 Jun 20 12.55pm Send a Private Message to croydon proud Add croydon proud as a friend

Originally posted by ASCPFC

I know mate. But whatever fits into the new agenda is fine as Raheem Sterling victim, multi millionaire, gangsta stylie, tells us. At least we had the poppies, except James McClean who really should play in the League of Ireland.

Did you see the garda shot dead in castlerea mate? Think he had his gun taken from him and used against him, shocking, any news what happened?

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post
View croydon proud's Profile croydon proud Flag croydon 18 Jun 20 12.58pm Send a Private Message to croydon proud Add croydon proud as a friend

Originally posted by Winch Eagle

It is one of those subjects that you fear having an opinion on in case your labled.
Personally, I have no problem with the logo appearing on the shirt.
I think it is a shame it has taken a swell of pressure/influence from what has happened in the states to get to this stage, bearing in mind we were all talking about the national team walking off the pitch in recent times due to the verble racism they were facing on the pitch.
My understanding is they were going to put a thank you NHS slogan on the back of all of the players shirts, which to be honest, I would have though a fitting tribute over the past few months and would have favoured.


Yeah, i want a -Boris, pay the student nurses till september as agreed you cnut, on the tracksuits!

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post
View ASCPFC's Profile ASCPFC Flag Pro-Cathedral/caravan park 18 Jun 20 1.15pm Send a Private Message to ASCPFC Add ASCPFC as a friend

Originally posted by croydon proud

Did you see the garda shot dead in castlerea mate? Think he had his gun taken from him and used against him, shocking, any news what happened?

I did - terrible - have no info other than what I've read. It's going to be a huge loss to a small community. On a side note for everyone else, I suspect that it is totally unrelated to any politics etc. My guess is mental health, considering our 'level' of services.

 


Red and Blue Army!

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post
View ASCPFC's Profile ASCPFC Flag Pro-Cathedral/caravan park 18 Jun 20 1.16pm Send a Private Message to ASCPFC Add ASCPFC as a friend

Originally posted by croydon proud

Yeah, i want a -Boris, pay the student nurses till september as agreed you cnut, on the tracksuits!

I'm sure Raheem could get behind a few nurses.

 


Red and Blue Army!

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post
View kev64's Profile kev64 Flag Thorney, Cambs 18 Jun 20 1.28pm Send a Private Message to kev64 Add kev64 as a friend

Originally posted by si_1967

I'd wholeheartedly agree with these comments.
Clearly there some extreme views on both sides of the argument, but when you take those away, you still end up with respectable people (like PVA or Clinton Morrison) saying that the lives of people they know, or they themselves have been impacted because of their race.
Are we saying they are all liars, if not then perhaps we should show a little compassion and support.

As I see it the phrase Black Lives Matter is used as opposed to All Lives Matter, as black people are being killed and murdered by law enforcement particularly in the good old USA.

Of course all lives matter, but this is personal to the black population, pointing out they matter as much as the rest of humanity. Itís like saying to a person whoís father has just died, all people die, yes itís a fact but hardly empathetic.

Having lived in Chicago for a while you soon get to see what a racially divided country the USA unfortunately really is.

But anyways COYP.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post
View croydon proud's Profile croydon proud Flag croydon 18 Jun 20 2.29pm Send a Private Message to croydon proud Add croydon proud as a friend

Originally posted by ASCPFC

I'm sure Raheem could get behind a few nurses.

Yeah, shocking, i bet Raheem already has got behind a few few, lucky fella!

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post

Topic Locked

Page 3 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >

Previous Topic | Next Topic

You are here: Home > Message Board > Palace Talk > Topic