You are here: Home > Message Board > Palace Talk > Roy IN. Stop scapegoating him!
August 5 2020 6.14pm

Roy IN. Stop scapegoating him!

Previous Topic | Next Topic


Page 39 of 43 < 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 >

This forum is sponsored by

Football Index

Sponsor a forum or Advertise on the HOL!

 

View Rudi Hedman's Profile Rudi Hedman Flag Caterham 27 Jul 20 8.30pm Send a Private Message to Rudi Hedman Add Rudi Hedman as a friend

Originally posted by jeeagles

Good comeback, what are you six.

I said I'd leave it, but you had to carry on.
And just like Roy I'm not giving up.

You sir, have all the characteristics of a nonce.
There's a thread dedicated to you and your "boardline" traits of being a sex offender. You are a throwback to the dark ages and just like Roy, have no place in a modern society.

Be careful. You’re making Cucking horny.

 


COYP

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Cucking Funt's Profile Cucking Funt Flag The Slimy Thoroughfare 27 Jul 20 9.08pm Send a Private Message to Cucking Funt Add Cucking Funt as a friend

Originally posted by Rudi Hedman

Be careful. You’re making Cucking horny.

 


Wife beating may be socially acceptable in Sheffield, but it is a different matter in Cheltenham

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View NickinOX's Profile NickinOX Flag Sailing country. 27 Jul 20 10.41pm Send a Private Message to NickinOX Add NickinOX as a friend

Originally posted by jeeagles

Are you being a troll or can you weally not understand the long term advanage of playing 7 premier league games like friendlys to try and find out what will and what wont work the following season?

Woy's not going to read this. You're the only person getting upset. My cheap Woy insult seems to work, unlike his tactics. I tried something new, and got a reaction. You and Woy should take note.

1 point from 8 games. 3 goals. 8 dreadful performances. Relegation form, but don't worry, lets just try exactly the same thing again.

Constantly the same failing tactics. Second lowest number of goals scored this season. An aging squad of failed journeyman, lead uninspiringly by a failed geriatric who's only ability is coming up with pathetic excuses in front of the media. Our best player is leaving on half the value he was worth last season. All our players have decreased in value under Woy. Zaha, Benteke, Townsend, Sakho, Tompkins, Luka, PVA are all a shaddow of their former selves. All our players are underperfoming but never dropped. We have a Dutch and German on the sidelines that aren't getting a look in. He refused to give a chance to a player who's one of the highest goal scores in Europe. He only gave AWB a look in when we didn't have any other option, had Ward and Kelly stayed fit the most expensive right back in the world would probably be playing youth team football still. We never make positive substitutions or chase a game when we are losing. All our substitutions are made far too late if at all. Wickham scored one and made one in two appearance then was loaned out. Our set peices are terrible and predicatable. Individual skill has dissapeared, we can't string three passes together. We don't play to our best players strenghts as it doesn't fit the system. A guy that scored 66 premiership goals in 4 seasons before Woy has scored 6 since. The football is awful. Almost deliberatly going out of the cup in front of our own supporters who'd paid good money to go.

Woy's answer to this terrible run. Play excatly the same team. Week in, week out. If it doesn't work, he'll blame everyone else but himself despite having a squad full of seasoned premier league professionals who have had moderate success elsewhere.

Woy's a won twick pony. He's good and getting a team organised. But that doesn't last. We should have got rid of him before the start of this season.
The man is stealing a living at our expense. I don't think that deserves any respect.

Yet you claim he's working miracles, buy keeping a team with the 9th highest wagebill and players who were exceedingly highly rated prior to his arrival in the premier league.

As the thread about him said when he first joined. There's a lot of questions in football, Roy Hodgson is the answer to none of them.

Lets sign this off by asking, what the hell has Woy done right this season?

You might think it is a good idea to play around with some dead rubbers, in the way your parents seemingly did years ago, but surely 7-8 games of doing it is a bit silly given the money involved.

I would have liked to have seen more rotation of the couple of players who could go straight into the team, and I would have liked to see a few more minutes from Pierrick. However, Roy kept us up despite the squad being weaker each year he has been here. That is what he is employed to do.

Hopefully, now the club has been trying to pick up younger players and as the wage bill frees up, we will see some investment in the squad. After all Roy had us playing some bloody good football when he had Zaha, RLC and Cabaye in the team.

Whoever the manager is, the squad needs investment. Simply blaming Roy is laughable.

Edited by NickinOX (27 Jul 2020 10.54pm)

 


If you come to a fork in the road, take it.

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View The Heath Eagle's Profile The Heath Eagle Flag Thornton Heath 27 Jul 20 10.50pm Send a Private Message to The Heath Eagle Add The Heath Eagle as a friend

Investment in attack and we would be much more competitive. Roy is the man next season. I still remember how he put a club smaller than Palace in European contention and nearly winning the trophy. With proper investment, let's see. Without it, he will keep us up imo.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Spiderman's Profile Spiderman Flag Horsham 27 Jul 20 11.01pm Send a Private Message to Spiderman Add Spiderman as a friend

Originally posted by jeeagles

Are you being a troll or can you weally not understand the long term advanage of playing 7 premier league games like friendlys to try and find out what will and what wont work the following season?

Woy's not going to read this. You're the only person getting upset. My cheap Woy insult seems to work, unlike his tactics. I tried something new, and got a reaction. You and Woy should take note.

1 point from 8 games. 3 goals. 8 dreadful performances. Relegation form, but don't worry, lets just try exactly the same thing again.

Constantly the same failing tactics. Second lowest number of goals scored this season. An aging squad of failed journeyman, lead uninspiringly by a failed geriatric who's only ability is coming up with pathetic excuses in front of the media. Our best player is leaving on half the value he was worth last season. All our players have decreased in value under Woy. Zaha, Benteke, Townsend, Sakho, Tompkins, Luka, PVA are all a shaddow of their former selves. All our players are underperfoming but never dropped. We have a Dutch and German on the sidelines that aren't getting a look in. He refused to give a chance to a player who's one of the highest goal scores in Europe. He only gave AWB a look in when we didn't have any other option, had Ward and Kelly stayed fit the most expensive right back in the world would probably be playing youth team football still. We never make positive substitutions or chase a game when we are losing. All our substitutions are made far too late if at all. Wickham scored one and made one in two appearance then was loaned out. Our set peices are terrible and predicatable. Individual skill has dissapeared, we can't string three passes together. We don't play to our best players strenghts as it doesn't fit the system. A guy that scored 66 premiership goals in 4 seasons before Woy has scored 6 since. The football is awful. Almost deliberatly going out of the cup in front of our own supporters who'd paid good money to go.

Woy's answer to this terrible run. Play excatly the same team. Week in, week out. If it doesn't work, he'll blame everyone else but himself despite having a squad full of seasoned premier league professionals who have had moderate success elsewhere.

Woy's a won twick pony. He's good and getting a team organised. But that doesn't last. We should have got rid of him before the start of this season.
The man is stealing a living at our expense. I don't think that deserves any respect.

Yet you claim he's working miracles, buy keeping a team with the 9th highest wagebill and players who were exceedingly highly rated prior to his arrival in the premier league.

As the thread about him said when he first joined. There's a lot of questions in football, Roy Hodgson is the answer to none of them.

Lets sign this off by asking, what the hell has Woy done right this season?

Why do insist on making fun of a speech impediment?

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Painter's Profile Painter Flag Croydon 28 Jul 20 8.27am Send a Private Message to Painter Add Painter as a friend

Originally posted by jeeagles

You don't seem to get anything right? I was saying that we had 4 unconvincing wins against very poor opposition including two sides that are now in the Championship.

Roy has been increadably lucky to get anything out of this season. Our points total flatters us.

Roy wants us to go into next season, sign more aginging players and keep using the same system. It's the wrong stratergy, it will get us religated, and lumbered with journeymen plays with no sell on value.

Perhaps as a result of us beating those teams, they are now to enjoy the Championship. The table after 38 games doesn’t lie.

Has Roy been that lucky? He has had to deal with an horrendous injury problem with a very small squad.

Where has Roy stated he wants to sign ageing players for next season? What is your definition of an ageing player.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Den1923's Profile Den1923 Flag 28 Jul 20 3.35pm Send a Private Message to Den1923 Add Den1923 as a friend

Originally posted by Painter

Perhaps as a result of us beating those teams, they are now to enjoy the Championship. The table after 38 games doesn’t lie.

Has Roy been that lucky? He has had to deal with an horrendous injury problem with a very small squad.

Where has Roy stated he wants to sign ageing players for next season? What is your definition of an ageing player.

Actually, thought he said recently he wanted to get younger players nd bring down the average age of the squad?

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View doombear's Profile doombear Flag Sutton Coldfield 28 Jul 20 4.32pm Send a Private Message to doombear Add doombear as a friend

Originally posted by Den1923

Actually, thought he said recently he wanted to get younger players nd bring down the average age of the squad?


Indeed he has said this and furthermore, prior to the Spuds game he said that ALL the players the club are looking at are young players. He did go on to say that that didn't mean that if a player wasn't under 20 he wouldn't be considered but the focus is going to be on bringing in youth.

I just wish the anti-Roy brigade would stop repeating their garbage about Roy wanting to bring in ageing players. It is my OPINION that Roy will work with what he's given, whatever their age and will adapt the playing style to the strengths of his squad but that style will always start with a sound defence (something Jose is also renowned for - in fact as an aside, it was noticeable that Jose showed Roy a lot of warmth when greeting him before the game, suggesting he holds him in high esteem).

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Eaglecoops's Profile Eaglecoops Online Flag CR3 28 Jul 20 4.59pm Send a Private Message to Eaglecoops Add Eaglecoops as a friend

Originally posted by doombear


Indeed he has said this and furthermore, prior to the Spuds game he said that ALL the players the club are looking at are young players. He did go on to say that that didn't mean that if a player wasn't under 20 he wouldn't be considered but the focus is going to be on bringing in youth.

I just wish the anti-Roy brigade would stop repeating their garbage about Roy wanting to bring in ageing players. It is my OPINION that Roy will work with what he's given, whatever their age and will adapt the playing style to the strengths of his squad but that style will always start with a sound defence (something Jose is also renowned for - in fact as an aside, it was noticeable that Jose showed Roy a lot of warmth when greeting him before the game, suggesting he holds him in high esteem).

I think you will find it is the press that have been banging on about Roy being at odds with Parish over the type of players to sign. It is little wonder there is confusion amongst our supporters. I think it’s probably best to wait see what happens in the few weeks. We haven’t got long to wait so might as well save up all the fire and brimstone posts until it can be seen how we managed to screw up this transfer window! Hoping to be proven wrong btw.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View PatrickA's Profile PatrickA Flag London 28 Jul 20 5.36pm Send a Private Message to PatrickA Add PatrickA as a friend

What Hodgson has supposedly said (London News Online 24 July) is that he would like to acquire young players to ‘initially understudy the senior players.’
This may seem a sensible approach but some fans will be apprehensive about Hodgson’s track record with younger players and his use of them and will question whether new acquisitions will meet the same fate.
It’s not worth revisiting the cases of Riedewald, Meyer and Sorloth yet again but it’s surely a valid question why,for example, a woefully out of form Luka has been persisted with.
Also, why Hodgson after the resumption said he planned to use the young players for the remaining eight games but only used Mitchell for any length of time ; this of course was due to PVA’s injury.
The answer may well be that he doesn’t consider the young players good enough but surely you can’t be sure about this until you try them . Furthermore, why say you plan to use them if you have no real intention of doing this.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Den1923's Profile Den1923 Flag 28 Jul 20 5.53pm Send a Private Message to Den1923 Add Den1923 as a friend

Originally posted by doombear


Indeed he has said this and furthermore, prior to the Spuds game he said that ALL the players the club are looking at are young players. He did go on to say that that didn't mean that if a player wasn't under 20 he wouldn't be considered but the focus is going to be on bringing in youth.

I just wish the anti-Roy brigade would stop repeating their garbage about Roy wanting to bring in ageing players. It is my OPINION that Roy will work with what he's given, whatever their age and will adapt the playing style to the strengths of his squad but that style will always start with a sound defence (something Jose is also renowned for - in fact as an aside, it was noticeable that Jose showed Roy a lot of warmth when greeting him before the game, suggesting he holds him in high esteem).

Fully agree with everything you have said, Roy has proven over the last three years that he gets on with the job and is able to adapt his tactics to the players he has inherited and to play to the best of their ability. Great Manager and been a savour for this club and hopefully all this Roy bashing will soon stop!

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Den1923's Profile Den1923 Flag 28 Jul 20 6.11pm Send a Private Message to Den1923 Add Den1923 as a friend

Originally posted by PatrickA

What Hodgson has supposedly said (London News Online 24 July) is that he would like to acquire young players to ‘initially understudy the senior players.’
This may seem a sensible approach but some fans will be apprehensive about Hodgson’s track record with younger players and his use of them and will question whether new acquisitions will meet the same fate.
It’s not worth revisiting the cases of Riedewald, Meyer and Sorloth yet again but it’s surely a valid question why,for example, a woefully out of form Luka has been persisted with.
Also, why Hodgson after the resumption said he planned to use the young players for the remaining eight games but only used Mitchell for any length of time ; this of course was due to PVA’s injury.
The answer may well be that he doesn’t consider the young players good enough but surely you can’t be sure about this until you try them . Furthermore, why say you plan to use them if you have no real intention of doing this.

Unfortunately, he has not had much opportunity to blend younger players in the current team because (AWB excepted),the reason being to be frank, they have not been good enough, the U23 are 2nd bottom of their league and have only scored 27 goals. Lack of investment by the board in the team has also not helped and Roy has really had to adapt to the ability of the players he has been given. He has stuck to the task, kept us up and not walked like other before him. I would have liked to see the likes of Meyer and Riederwald be given more and longer playing time but we have to accept his judgement on how they would or would not balance with what he has to choose from. Those players who lose form are difficult to replace within a small squad which lacks real competition for places. Whilst some will ask on 42 points we are safe and that should be reason to blend youngsters for the last few games I expect parish wants the best place money on offer and therefore Roy was probably shackled by that requirement as well. It not easy being a football manager!

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply

 

Page 39 of 43 < 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 >

Previous Topic | Next Topic

You are here: Home > Message Board > Palace Talk > Roy IN. Stop scapegoating him!