You are here: Home > Message Board > Football Talk > Kneeling Remains. Will You?
September 26 2021 9.58am

Kneeling Remains. Will You?

Previous Topic | Next Topic


Page 17 of 23 < 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 >

 

View Shifty97's Profile Shifty97 Flag Croydon 22 Oct 20 11.32am Send a Private Message to Shifty97 Add Shifty97 as a friend

Originally posted by Eaglecoops

Shifty, I appreciate that it will be very difficult to be all encompassing with this answer, but what are the things that cause you a concern with regard to racism in this country. Not the world as a whole, this country?

I meet many many black Caribbean, African, Indian, pakistani etc etc on a regular basis. I never had a problem or an issue with any of them and count many as friends as do they me.

You keep saying that there is persistent racism experienced by (presumably your sector of the community) that you have to put up with. Please elaborate because I just don't see it. I didn't see or experience it in any of the workplaces I was in (private sector and public sector), I don't see it at the pubs or at the Palace.

Look, I know there are some out there that are still inherently racist people, but to be honest there are a lot of BAME people that don't like white people either and given a chance they will be racist towards them, so lets not get too carried away that this is a non-existent issue. However in the main, this country is the most tolerant of all people, regardless of skin colour, or wherever they are from, of any country in the world.

What is your recent experience of racism and why do you think it needs such microscopic attention in this country?

Just saying blacks experience far more racism than whites doesn't really answer anything.

Itís just around. There is racism that goes on in this country, from different sectors. Iím not saying everyone is racist but there is racism that goes on. The way ethnic minorities are portrayed in the media, police brutality and racial profiling, the racist abuse that footballers face (although this isnít as bad as it used to be). When I was in school, despite my school having a lot of ethnic minorities, we faced a lot of racism and the teachers didnít really give a sh*t. I work for a homeless charity and there is a lot of racism towards the homeless ethnic minorities for example shop owners saying things like ďyou canít sleep here ******Ē or ďwe donít want ******* sleeping near our businessĒ .There are a lot of cases of ethnic minorities getting racially abused on social media too. Also the attitude of some towards immigrants

Edited by Shifty97 (22 Oct 2020 11.41am)

Edited by Shifty97 (22 Oct 2020 11.48am)

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Jamesrichards8's Profile Jamesrichards8 Flag 22 Oct 20 8.45pm Send a Private Message to Jamesrichards8 Add Jamesrichards8 as a friend

Maybe racism exists in certain circles. Maybe it doesn't. It unquestionably improved decade to decade until the 2000's. All you can do is ensure equality before the law, which we've done, and societal equality will inevitably follow. This whole movement is intentionally engineered to divide us, and is exploiting the ignorance of today's youth to perpetuate itself. WRONG

 


When youíre knocked on your back and your lifeís a flop...

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Shifty97's Profile Shifty97 Flag Croydon 22 Oct 20 10.29pm Send a Private Message to Shifty97 Add Shifty97 as a friend

Originally posted by Jamesrichards8

Maybe racism exists in certain circles. Maybe it doesn't. It unquestionably improved decade to decade until the 2000's. All you can do is ensure equality before the law, which we've done, and societal equality will inevitably follow. This whole movement is intentionally engineered to divide us, and is exploiting the ignorance of today's youth to perpetuate itself. WRONG

How? Itís not saying that any race is more important than the other it just aims for equality

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Teddy Eagle's Profile Teddy Eagle Flag 22 Oct 20 10.41pm Send a Private Message to Teddy Eagle Add Teddy Eagle as a friend

Originally posted by Shifty97

How? Itís not saying that any race is more important than the other it just aims for equality

The Equality Act has been law since 2010. What changes would you like to see?

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View cryrst's Profile cryrst Flag Chatham 23 Oct 20 3.18am Send a Private Message to cryrst Add cryrst as a friend

Originally posted by Shifty97

It just doesnít make sense

You are a well educated individual shifty. Your writing shows this. Read the thread, it's like a roundabout. Racism now in the UK anyhow is nowhere near to 40- 30- years ago and you know it. Any is bad but you cannot change the mindset of many old people. It will die with them and new generations will have a different attitude. My generation are probably the last to be devoid of education about racism and its effects. I will be shouted down but think about school in the 80s if your around 50.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View JRW2's Profile JRW2 Flag Dulwich 24 Oct 20 11.58am Send a Private Message to JRW2 Add JRW2 as a friend

Originally posted by Shifty97

Itís just around. There is racism that goes on in this country, from different sectors. Iím not saying everyone is racist but there is racism that goes on. The way ethnic minorities are portrayed in the media, police brutality and racial profiling, the racist abuse that footballers face (although this isnít as bad as it used to be). When I was in school, despite my school having a lot of ethnic minorities, we faced a lot of racism and the teachers didnít really give a sh*t. I work for a homeless charity and there is a lot of racism towards the homeless ethnic minorities for example shop owners saying things like ďyou canít sleep here ******Ē or ďwe donít want ******* sleeping near our businessĒ .There are a lot of cases of ethnic minorities getting racially abused on social media too. Also the attitude of some towards immigrants

Edited by Shifty97 (22 Oct 2020 11.41am)

Edited by Shifty97 (22 Oct 2020 11.48am)

Yes, I don't think that any honest citizen of this country would deny that there's racism. But this thread is meant to be about kneeling, and if you think that seeing footballers kneeling on the ground for ten seconds before each game will have any effect whatsoever on the racists and racism you describe, I fear you're woefully misguided.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
Tom-the-eagle Flag Croydon 24 Oct 20 1.31pm

Originally posted by Shifty97

Itís just around. There is racism that goes on in this country, from different sectors. Iím not saying everyone is racist but there is racism that goes on. The way ethnic minorities are portrayed in the media, police brutality and racial profiling, the racist abuse that footballers face (although this isnít as bad as it used to be). When I was in school, despite my school having a lot of ethnic minorities, we faced a lot of racism and the teachers didnít really give a sh*t. I work for a homeless charity and there is a lot of racism towards the homeless ethnic minorities for example shop owners saying things like ďyou canít sleep here ******Ē or ďwe donít want ******* sleeping near our businessĒ .There are a lot of cases of ethnic minorities getting racially abused on social media too. Also the attitude of some towards immigrants

Edited by Shifty97 (22 Oct 2020 11.41am)

Edited by Shifty97 (22 Oct 2020 11.48am)


You come across as a victim mate.

Get over yourself and start being grateful that you live in a society with all the freedoms we have.

By talking about racism like you do is in my book racist itself as it implies that itís only white people being racist.

Go spend a few months in Africa or the Middle East if you want to see real racism.

 


"It feels much better than it ever did, much more sensitive." John Wayne Bobbit

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Quote this post in a reply
View Shifty97's Profile Shifty97 Flag Croydon 24 Oct 20 6.37pm Send a Private Message to Shifty97 Add Shifty97 as a friend

Originally posted by Teddy Eagle

The Equality Act has been law since 2010. What changes would you like to see?

I was just saying that was the aim rather than to create a divide

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Shifty97's Profile Shifty97 Flag Croydon 24 Oct 20 6.41pm Send a Private Message to Shifty97 Add Shifty97 as a friend

Originally posted by cryrst

You are a well educated individual shifty. Your writing shows this. Read the thread, it's like a roundabout. Racism now in the UK anyhow is nowhere near to 40- 30- years ago and you know it. Any is bad but you cannot change the mindset of many old people. It will die with them and new generations will have a different attitude. My generation are probably the last to be devoid of education about racism and its effects. I will be shouted down but think about school in the 80s if your around 50.

I was meaning, because there is more equality than before it doesnít mean that it is not an issue.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Shifty97's Profile Shifty97 Flag Croydon 24 Oct 20 6.43pm Send a Private Message to Shifty97 Add Shifty97 as a friend

Originally posted by JRW2

Yes, I don't think that any honest citizen of this country would deny that there's racism. But this thread is meant to be about kneeling, and if you think that seeing footballers kneeling on the ground for ten seconds before each game will have any effect whatsoever on the racists and racism you describe, I fear you're woefully misguided.

Itís used as a statement to say that the players, match officials and coaches and staff are against racism, I donít think it will have a massive impact but I do feel it will have some impact

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Shifty97's Profile Shifty97 Flag Croydon 24 Oct 20 6.46pm Send a Private Message to Shifty97 Add Shifty97 as a friend

Originally posted by Tom-the-eagle


You come across as a victim mate.

Get over yourself and start being grateful that you live in a society with all the freedoms we have.

By talking about racism like you do is in my book racist itself as it implies that itís only white people being racist.

Go spend a few months in Africa or the Middle East if you want to see real racism.

So me talking about my experiences is me trying to be a victim? Donít tell me to get over myself, who the f*ck do you think you are? donít act like youíre are a big man behind your keyboard. If me talking about my experiences of racism is racist then there is clearly something wrong with you. Just because there is more racism in other countries does not mean it does not exist in others. F*cking hell

Edited by Shifty97 (24 Oct 2020 6.54pm)

Edited by Shifty97 (24 Oct 2020 9.09pm)

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View cryrst's Profile cryrst Flag Chatham 25 Oct 20 6.45am Send a Private Message to cryrst Add cryrst as a friend

Originally posted by Shifty97

So me talking about my experiences is me trying to be a victim? Donít tell me to get over myself, who the f*ck do you think you are? donít act like youíre are a big man behind your keyboard. If me talking about my experiences of racism is racist then there is clearly something wrong with you. Just because there is more racism in other countries does not mean it does not exist in others. F*cking hell

Edited by Shifty97 (24 Oct 2020 6.54pm)

Edited by Shifty97 (24 Oct 2020 9.09pm)

You do know some of the posters on this thread are black dont you! Maybe even some that disagree with you.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply

 

Page 17 of 23 < 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 >

Previous Topic | Next Topic

You are here: Home > Message Board > Football Talk > Kneeling Remains. Will You?