You are here: Home > Message Board > Palace Talk > roy out
October 31 2020 1.58am

roy out

Previous Topic | Next Topic


Page 23 of 46 < 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 >

This forum is sponsored by

Football Index

Sponsor a forum or Advertise on the HOL!

 

View jeeagles's Profile jeeagles Online Flag 10 Oct 20 3.21pm Send a Private Message to jeeagles Add jeeagles as a friend

Originally posted by doombear

To get back on topic, there is little point in getting rid of Roy unless there is a suitable replacement, and we fans don't know of any who are available and may be willing to come to us.

Furthermore, it is most unlikely that the board will consider such a move this side of Christmas unless we totally implode before then, which I don't see happening.

Completely agree with this to be honest with you.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Rachid Rachid Rachid's Profile Rachid Rachid Rachid Flag 10 Oct 20 9.59pm Send a Private Message to Rachid Rachid Rachid Add Rachid Rachid Rachid as a friend

Originally posted by jeeagles

You recognise they are a massive club with huge potential, but you think our board is dysfunctional.

The manager got 1 point in the last 8 games of the season whilst the club has lost its match day income. Hardly the circumstances for prudent financiers to increase the the level of investment.

Actually more like their investment was safe with eight or nine games to spare despite minimal spend and they were spared any anxiety about the club's immediate future and their investment during the COVID pandemic.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Den1923's Profile Den1923 Flag 11 Oct 20 10.13am Send a Private Message to Den1923 Add Den1923 as a friend

Originally posted by jeeagles

You recognise they are a massive club with huge potential, but you think our board is dysfunctional.

The manager got 1 point in the last 8 games of the season whilst the club has lost its match day income. Hardly the circumstances for prudent financiers to increase the the level of investment.

Frankly, not interested at all in Newcastle, I only care about our club as far as football is concerned and there is no doubt we have a dysfunctional board, the choice of the American investors by Parish was wrong, clearly they didn't understand PL football, they were not even aware they you can be relegated if your do not perform, they have held back on putting more investment in to the club because they want out and yet they do not seem to understand that by not investing then you may be relegated and lose most of your current revenue,the current club value then be adversely affected in the lower leagues and that it is easy to end up in the even lower divisions than it is to get back in to the PL. I do not know why we have ended up on this thread talking about the potential of other clubs when its our own that we should be discussing!

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Midlands Eagle's Profile Midlands Eagle Flag 11 Oct 20 1.17pm Send a Private Message to Midlands Eagle Add Midlands Eagle as a friend

Originally posted by Den1923

they have held back on putting more investment in to the club because they want out and yet they do not seem to understand that by not investing then you may be relegated and lose most of your current revenue

That is all guesswork and although it may suit current feelings it may well not be true.

The agreement is that the three major shareholders all put in funds equally and it could well be Parish that either can't or won't increase his funding which could explain why he draws a huge salary and then puts it back into the club

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Rudi Hedman's Profile Rudi Hedman Flag Caterham 11 Oct 20 1.31pm Send a Private Message to Rudi Hedman Add Rudi Hedman as a friend

Originally posted by Midlands Eagle

That is all guesswork and although it may suit current feelings it may well not be true.

The agreement is that the three major shareholders all put in funds equally and it could well be Parish that either can't or won't increase his funding which could explain why he draws a huge salary and then puts it back into the club

You could well be right, however, why do we take bank loans and 9-12 month fan loans (or ask them to wave away £100 from last season) if we have 2 billionaire owners? Wouldn’t it have been better financially if billionaires Josh & Blitzer made short term interest free loans that are covered by tv revenue?

Edited by Rudi Hedman (11 Oct 2020 1.32pm)

 


COYP

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Den1923's Profile Den1923 Flag 11 Oct 20 1.40pm Send a Private Message to Den1923 Add Den1923 as a friend

Originally posted by Midlands Eagle

That is all guesswork and although it may suit current feelings it may well not be true.

The agreement is that the three major shareholders all put in funds equally and it could well be Parish that either can't or won't increase his funding which could explain why he draws a huge salary and then puts it back into the club

That could be true but then why invest in a football club if your not going to protect your investment, the American are in it to make money like anyone else and at the end of the day if you do not advance your business then we all know where that will end up, you only have look at Woolworths, littlewoods and British midland Airways (BMI) to see what happens to a good business if you do not move with the times and keep your business at the leading edge!

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Rudi Hedman's Profile Rudi Hedman Flag Caterham 11 Oct 20 1.55pm Send a Private Message to Rudi Hedman Add Rudi Hedman as a friend

Yes why take costly bank loans?

 


COYP

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Midlands Eagle's Profile Midlands Eagle Flag 11 Oct 20 3.09pm Send a Private Message to Midlands Eagle Add Midlands Eagle as a friend

Originally posted by Den1923


That could be true but then why invest in a football club if your not going to protect your investment, the American are in it to make money like anyone else and at the end of the day if you do not advance your business then we all know where that will end up,

Believe it or not Crystal Palace is a hugely saleable asset but the sticking point is Parish who wants to hang on to his minority share and continue to run the club which is enough to put off most billionaires who would like to take us over.

It's a shame as Parish may well have made as much money with Palace as he did when he sold TAG but I think that he likes the high profile of being a Premier League club owner as it gets him celebrity totty amongst other benefits

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Midlands Eagle's Profile Midlands Eagle Flag 11 Oct 20 3.11pm Send a Private Message to Midlands Eagle Add Midlands Eagle as a friend

Originally posted by Rudi Hedman

Yes why take costly bank loans?

I don't know much about our owners' wealth and in what format it's held.

A billionaire's billions aren't always held in the form of readies.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Painter's Profile Painter Flag Croydon 11 Oct 20 3.37pm Send a Private Message to Painter Add Painter as a friend

Originally posted by Den1923

There is no doubt we have a dysfunctional board, the choice of the American investors by Parish was wrong, clearly they didn't understand PL football, they were not even aware they you can be relegated if your do not perform, they have held back on putting more investment in to the club because they want out.

I can think of two previous boards, that have been dysfunctional, its not a term to be associated with the current board, prudent is more apt.
If you think 2 billionaires invested millions into something, they had no idea about, you are a little naive.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Den1923's Profile Den1923 Flag 11 Oct 20 8.42pm Send a Private Message to Den1923 Add Den1923 as a friend

Originally posted by Painter

I can think of two previous boards, that have been dysfunctional, its not a term to be associated with the current board, prudent is more apt.
If you think 2 billionaires invested millions into something, they had no idea about, you are a little naive.

Oh dear, is it really necessary to be so rude,you have no idea who I am or what I have done!

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Den1923's Profile Den1923 Flag 11 Oct 20 8.57pm Send a Private Message to Den1923 Add Den1923 as a friend

Originally posted by Midlands Eagle

Believe it or not Crystal Palace is a hugely saleable asset but the sticking point is Parish who wants to hang on to his minority share and continue to run the club which is enough to put off most billionaires who would like to take us over.

It's a shame as Parish may well have made as much money with Palace as he did when he sold TAG but I think that he likes the high profile of being a Premier League club owner as it gets him celebrity totty amongst other benefits

I would tend to agree with you, however, that valuation would change considerably if we were relegated due to lack of investment, the revenue loss to the club in championship would have significant impact and there is no guarantee that we would not end up falling with further just like Sunderland and other done! let's hope that does not happen but since there appears to be a board in situ with at least two major shareholders wanting out its a worrying time, especially coupled with the plans of some now to cut the PL to 18 teams!

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply

 

Page 23 of 46 < 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 >

Previous Topic | Next Topic

You are here: Home > Message Board > Palace Talk > roy out