You are here: Home > Message Board > Transfer Talk > Ozan Kabak
December 6 2021 5.17pm

Ozan Kabak

Previous Topic | Next Topic


Page 9 of 14 < 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 >

 

View Hudsoneagle's Profile Hudsoneagle Flag 22 Jul 21 12.39pm Send a Private Message to Hudsoneagle Add Hudsoneagle as a friend

Leicester have been mentioned as being interested but letís be honest heís not going to get into that team. He has no chance of being in their top 3 centre backsÖwith Morgan retiring they need a back up at best.

Rather than enter a bidding war id rather palace signed players that really wanted to come and be a part of this project at the club. We are an attractive option for young players right now. If he wanted an extra 10k a week and a bench role then heís not the right player for us. No lose situation.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View TheBigToePunt's Profile TheBigToePunt Flag 22 Jul 21 12.50pm Send a Private Message to TheBigToePunt Add TheBigToePunt as a friend

Originally posted by Putitout

It could be thatís where an auction exists. In so much as who makes the best wage offer. If itís to be believed the club are not shouting out for a huge fee. Yet no one seems to be jumping in with a firm offer.
As it stands his present wages would seem affordable for us, but are any of the other interested parties going to offer him more.? And thatís before any question of selling the club to him.

We need not only to keep a lid on the overall wage bill, but also create a clear meritocracy in wage levels in the squad. The question is not only whether Kabak is worth X per week on the market, but also where X places him in comparission to our other players.

What if Guehi is on 15k p/w (at 21 years of age, the poor b******...) but he outperforms Kabak who comes in on 55k p/w? We've set the benchmark with the Kabak wages, and bringing Guehi up to £35k, which he might otherwise be delighted with, will seem like we don't value him. He doesn't sign, we don't protect the asset.

I'm not saying we should be shy to pay the going wage rate if the player is what we need, but ideally we should be looking to get someone in at lower wages, then upgrade their contracts in line with performances. That's probably the key difference in signing players to step up from the championship as opposed to across from other top flight sides.

The flip side of course is that Kabak is more of a known quantity.

Edited by TheBigToePunt (22 Jul 2021 12.52pm)

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Putitout's Profile Putitout Flag Oxford 22 Jul 21 12.54pm Send a Private Message to Putitout Add Putitout as a friend

Originally posted by Hudsoneagle

Leicester have been mentioned as being interested but letís be honest heís not going to get into that team. He has no chance of being in their top 3 centre backsÖwith Morgan retiring they need a back up at best.

Rather than enter a bidding war id rather palace signed players that really wanted to come and be a part of this project at the club. We are an attractive option for young players right now. If he wanted an extra 10k a week and a bench role then heís not the right player for us. No lose situation.

I agree 100%. . My hope is we do have options, and if he canít be had with a max of two offers . Outside of minor detail. Move on.
The problem is it is professional football, and any player with a number of admirers is going to play the field. If only to insure his financial future. But I fully agree for our purposes it should never be a case of bringing players in that only preferred our money. I get the feeling the club have fallen into that trap in the past.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Hudsoneagle's Profile Hudsoneagle Flag 22 Jul 21 1.12pm Send a Private Message to Hudsoneagle Add Hudsoneagle as a friend

As much as Iíd like a new CB Iím also really happy with the new lad Marc.G and Tomkins playing for us at the back. Iím really hoping we see Ferguson this season as well as he could be a real player for us.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Omph's Profile Omph Flag Liverpool 22 Jul 21 1.13pm Send a Private Message to Omph Add Omph as a friend

Not far off Leicester first eleven when they go 3 at the back which is one of their options.

Fofana Soy and slightly creaking Evans in front of him

Originally posted by Hudsoneagle

Leicester have been mentioned as being interested but letís be honest heís not going to get into that team. He has no chance of being in their top 3 centre backsÖwith Morgan retiring they need a back up at best.

Rather than enter a bidding war id rather palace signed players that really wanted to come and be a part of this project at the club. We are an attractive option for young players right now. If he wanted an extra 10k a week and a bench role then heís not the right player for us. No lose situation.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Putitout's Profile Putitout Flag Oxford 22 Jul 21 1.17pm Send a Private Message to Putitout Add Putitout as a friend

Originally posted by TheBigToePunt

We need not only to keep a lid on the overall wage bill, but also create a clear meritocracy in wage levels in the squad. The question is not only whether Kabak is worth X per week on the market, but also where X places him in comparission to our other players.

What if Guehi is on 15k p/w (at 21 years of age, the poor b******...) but he outperforms Kabak who comes in on 55k p/w? We've set the benchmark with the Kabak wages, and bringing Guehi up to £35k, which he might otherwise be delighted with, will seem like we don't value him. He doesn't sign, we don't protect the asset.

I'm not saying we should be shy to pay the going wage rate if the player is what we need, but ideally we should be looking to get someone in at lower wages, then upgrade their contracts in line with performances. That's probably the key difference in signing players to step up from the championship as opposed to across from other top flight sides.

The flip side of course is that Kabak is more of a known quantity.

Edited by TheBigToePunt (22 Jul 2021 12.52pm)


Your right the wage situation within any squad , can become a major source of friction within any squad. But itís common place for the management of most clubs to place different values on different players. And yes the situation you described could occur .
What I see so far is a general attempt by Palace to lower the wage bill , yet buy into quality, yet fully tried, and in doing that get that result.
As far as players questioning where they stand in the wage structure,
The new comers already have a number of old hands at the club to compare, to. Itís thought Palace have been paying inflated wages to these fellers for some time now, Wilf, £120,000 heads the list , everyone there looks up at that.
I get your point though, if itís keeping a much stricter eye on the general level of wages within the squad.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Putitout's Profile Putitout Flag Oxford 22 Jul 21 1.25pm Send a Private Message to Putitout Add Putitout as a friend

Originally posted by Omph

Not far off Leicester first eleven when they go 3 at the back which is one of their options.

Fofana Soy and slightly creaking Evans in front of him


Evans, must be beginning to creak. So they could find room for him,
They have some European commitments , so four or five options for central defence is required. And this one is one for the future, they may well see another 60 mill deal coming.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Hudsoneagle's Profile Hudsoneagle Flag 22 Jul 21 1.32pm Send a Private Message to Hudsoneagle Add Hudsoneagle as a friend

Originally posted by Putitout


Evans, must be beginning to creak. So they could find room for him,
They have some European commitments , so four or five options for central defence is required. And this one is one for the future, they may well see another 60 mill deal coming.

Iím not so sure Kabak would see himself as one for the future. Already established at Schalke who until last season were always a decent team in Germany. Then he gets a loan move to one of the biggest clubs in the worldÖso no heís not one for the future heís a player who will be wanting first team football right now.

I hope we either get this player or another CB of quality but honest Iíd be more interested in seeing how we are going to replace Luka because heís been dire for two seasons now and itís centre mid thatís a priority in my eyes. Tight midfield keeps as many clean sheets as a tight defence.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Canterbury Palace's Profile Canterbury Palace Flag Whitstable 22 Jul 21 2.08pm Send a Private Message to Canterbury Palace Add Canterbury Palace as a friend

We need three top class centre backs as at least one (Probably Tomkins) is likely to get injured at some point. Kabak, Guehi and Tomkins with Kelly and Kouyate as back up would be arguably our best options in the position since we came up.

 


We were somewhere around Barstow, on the edge of the desert, when the drugs began to take hold...

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Putitout's Profile Putitout Flag Oxford 22 Jul 21 2.23pm Send a Private Message to Putitout Add Putitout as a friend

Originally posted by Hudsoneagle

Iím not so sure Kabak would see himself as one for the future. Already established at Schalke who until last season were always a decent team in Germany. Then he gets a loan move to one of the biggest clubs in the worldÖso no heís not one for the future heís a player who will be wanting first team football right now.

I hope we either get this player or another CB of quality but honest Iíd be more interested in seeing how we are going to replace Luka because heís been dire for two seasons now and itís centre mid thatís a priority in my eyes. Tight midfield keeps as many clean sheets as a tight defence.

What you suggest is a possibility. I personally hope Kabak, doesnít see himself in that way..
What I feel is Leicester, if interested would see him as another possible future inflated transfer opportunity , beyond being a well used central defence option. He would get game time at Leicester, not every week but they will have so many games to cope with he would have to be crap not to figure .
If at his age he did think he was already the real Mc,Coy,and only has to turn up to displace our present options, I for one would not encourage the club to take him. On the other hand If he thinks he can benefit his game more from the environment at Palace, 6then fine
As far as the whole team is concerned ,IMO, we still need more cover in , all areas of the team, thatís not likely to be achieved , but priority is one more central defence , at least one to compete with Benteke, and two mid fielders with more all round ability than possessed by our present group.

Edited by Putitout (22 Jul 2021 2.25pm)

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Omph's Profile Omph Flag Liverpool 22 Jul 21 3.18pm Send a Private Message to Omph Add Omph as a friend


Yep

Europe defo a factor but Leicester as a top 5 club will surely be wanting a back up for every first teamer - 22 PL level outfielders.

Originally posted by Putitout


Evans, must be beginning to creak. So they could find room for him,
They have some European commitments , so four or five options for central defence is required. And this one is one for the future, they may well see another 60 mill deal coming.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Spiderman's Profile Spiderman Flag Horsham 22 Jul 21 4.09pm Send a Private Message to Spiderman Add Spiderman as a friend

Originally posted by Omph


Yep

Europe defo a factor but Leicester as a top 5 club will surely be wanting a back up for every first teamer - 22 PL level outfielders.


Agree. European football will be a big factor especially for a player who has spent time at Liverpool. Think he may see us as to small an option, unless the PV pull works itís magic

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply

 

Page 9 of 14 < 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 >

Previous Topic | Next Topic

You are here: Home > Message Board > Transfer Talk > Ozan Kabak