You are here: Home > Message Board > News & Politics > Post EU World
January 29 2022 1.20pm

Post EU World

Previous Topic | Next Topic


Page 111 of 118 < 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 >

 

View cryrst's Profile cryrst Flag Chatham 11 Dec 21 10.40pm Send a Private Message to cryrst Add cryrst as a friend

Originally posted by Wisbech Eagle

Some of us recognised this in 2016, including my local County Councillor, who was beside himself with the stupidity and even then very concerned about the various projects that would be impacted. That was well before the pandemic hit us.

He sits as an independent but assured me that the Council, which is almost all Conservatives and independents, were as one on the need to remain a member. Just like Westminster, those in the know, knew it was folly.

So how come if it was such a known; that less voted to remain.
It's the fault of the non voters not the people who put the effort in, for whichever side.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Teddy Eagle's Profile Teddy Eagle Flag 11 Dec 21 10.49pm Send a Private Message to Teddy Eagle Add Teddy Eagle as a friend

Originally posted by Wisbech Eagle

Some of us recognised this in 2016, including my local County Councillor, who was beside himself with the stupidity and even then very concerned about the various projects that would be impacted. That was well before the pandemic hit us.

He sits as an independent but assured me that the Council, which is almost all Conservatives and independents, were as one on the need to remain a member. Just like Westminster, those in the know, knew it was folly.

So the financial implications were known but the Cornish still voted to leave. Shows how keen they were on leaving.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View croydon proud's Profile croydon proud Flag Any european country i fancy! 11 Dec 21 11.17pm Send a Private Message to croydon proud Add croydon proud as a friend

Originally posted by Wisbech Eagle

Some of us recognised this in 2016, including my local County Councillor, who was beside himself with the stupidity and even then very concerned about the various projects that would be impacted. That was well before the pandemic hit us.

He sits as an independent but assured me that the Council, which is almost all Conservatives and independents, were as one on the need to remain a member. Just like Westminster, those in the know, knew it was folly.

Unfortunately the majority seemed to go for the £350 million lie that Nigel spouted, you live and learn Wisbeach, you live and learn!

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View HKOwen's Profile HKOwen Flag Hong Kong 11 Dec 21 11.37pm Send a Private Message to HKOwen Add HKOwen as a friend

Originally posted by croydon proud

Unfortunately the majority seemed to go for the £350 million lie that Nigel spouted, you live and learn Wisbeach, you live and learn!

I the mention of 350 mill was Boris not Nigel but haven't checked

 


A lie will travel half way around the world before the truth has got it's shoes on.

When conceited septuagenarians opine , best to ignore.

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Wisbech Eagle's Profile Wisbech Eagle Flag Truro Cornwall 12 Dec 21 7.36am Send a Private Message to Wisbech Eagle Add Wisbech Eagle as a friend

Originally posted by Teddy Eagle

So the financial implications were known but the Cornish still voted to leave. Shows how keen they were on leaving.

They weren't believed by enough. They believed the nonsense about "taking back control" and the "£350 million a day for the NHS".

The Mail is sold in Cornwall too.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Wisbech Eagle's Profile Wisbech Eagle Flag Truro Cornwall 12 Dec 21 7.39am Send a Private Message to Wisbech Eagle Add Wisbech Eagle as a friend

Originally posted by cryrst

So how come if it was such a known; that less voted to remain.
It's the fault of the non voters not the people who put the effort in, for whichever side.

As I have said many times, the mistake was to throw such a huge decision to the political winds of chance inherent in a referendum.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View The Dolphin's Profile The Dolphin Flag 12 Dec 21 7.58am Send a Private Message to The Dolphin Add The Dolphin as a friend

Why do you still want to bang on about this?
It is done and it ain't coming back thank goodness!

Edited by The Dolphin (12 Dec 2021 8.58am)

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Badger11's Profile Badger11 Flag Beckenham 12 Dec 21 8.16am Send a Private Message to Badger11 Add Badger11 as a friend

Originally posted by The Dolphin

Why do you still want to hang on about this?
It is done and it ain't coming back thank goodness!

Lost after a referendum, lost after a General Election called specifically to deal with this issue, lost in Parliament after multiple votes over 2 Parliaments and even lost in the courts after various court cases designed to hamper the outcome.

Still maybe it's time for another vote we haven't had one in parliament for just over a year.

 


One more point

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Teddy Eagle's Profile Teddy Eagle Flag 12 Dec 21 10.10am Send a Private Message to Teddy Eagle Add Teddy Eagle as a friend

Originally posted by Wisbech Eagle

They weren't believed by enough. They believed the nonsense about "taking back control" and the "£350 million a day for the NHS".

The Mail is sold in Cornwall too.

Another option is that Leavers weighed up the pros and cons just as carefully and still voted the way they did.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View steeleye20's Profile steeleye20 Online Flag Croydon 12 Dec 21 11.19am Send a Private Message to steeleye20 Add steeleye20 as a friend

Originally posted by Teddy Eagle

Another option is that Leavers weighed up the pros and cons just as carefully and still voted the way they did.

The most serious consequence of brexit has to be leaving the single market.

And leave maintained up to and including the referendum, that the UK would not leave the single market.


 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Mapletree's Profile Mapletree Flag Croydon 12 Dec 21 11.29am Send a Private Message to Mapletree Add Mapletree as a friend

People probably didn't notice then and still aren't noticing that Johnson is a serial, outright, extreme, psychopathic liar.

But to the untrained eye that of course is invisible

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Teddy Eagle's Profile Teddy Eagle Flag 12 Dec 21 11.37am Send a Private Message to Teddy Eagle Add Teddy Eagle as a friend

Originally posted by Mapletree

People probably didn't notice then and still aren't noticing that Johnson is a serial, outright, extreme, psychopathic liar.

But to the untrained eye that of course is invisible

He’s been described as someone who was eager to be Prime Minister and to have been Prime Minister but wasn’t very keen on actually being Prime Minister.
As has been previously said he should go to America and have a run at being President as well.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply

 

Page 111 of 118 < 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 >

Previous Topic | Next Topic

You are here: Home > Message Board > News & Politics > Post EU World