You are here: Home > Message Board > News & Politics > US politics
August 18 2022 9.20am

US politics

Previous Topic | Next Topic


Page 247 of 289 < 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 >

 

Yellow Card - User has been warned of conduct on the messageboards View W12's Profile W12 14 Jun 22 11.15am Send a Private Message to W12 Add W12 as a friend

Originally posted by Wisbech Eagle

Interesting that no-one is commenting on the ongoing Congressional hearings into the Capitol riot. A hearing which heard both Bill Barr, the AJ and Bill Stepien, Trump's former campaign manager, give some pretty damning testimony yesterday. Trump's response? An 11 page blast, accusing the hearing of being a "Kangaroo Court" (it isn't a Court) and repeating all his baseless claims.

Looks to me as though the wheels are coming off and the cliff edge approaches. His "base" will continue to disbelieve that, of course, but they aren't enough to save him.

It's going to be interesting to see how the right-wing media handle this. It looks so deranged and out of touch with reality that to try to defend it would destroy any credibility they retain with anyone other than the very gullible.

[Link]

Is this lack of interest due to people now recognising that Trump is yesterday's man and no longer worth bothering with?

What were these "baseless claims"?

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
BlueJay Flag UK 14 Jun 22 11.28am

Originally posted by Wisbech Eagle

Is this lack of interest due to people now recognising that Trump is yesterday's man and no longer worth bothering with?

I didn't ever think Trump would be indicted but I'd say its a 50/50 shot now. In terms of efforts to get Raffensperger to help him overturn results it looks fairly damning, and thats without his other issues. It he emerges unscathed though, he's likely to run again, as it's not like there's many hard hitters (on the dem or republican side really).

Edited by BlueJay (14 Jun 2022 11.29am)

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Quote this post in a reply
Yellow Card - User has been warned of conduct on the messageboards View Wisbech Eagle's Profile Wisbech Eagle Flag Truro Cornwall 14 Jun 22 11.35am Send a Private Message to Wisbech Eagle Add Wisbech Eagle as a friend

Originally posted by W12

What were these "baseless claims"?

Listen to Bill Barr's testimony. He ought to know!

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
Yellow Card - User has been warned of conduct on the messageboards View Wisbech Eagle's Profile Wisbech Eagle Flag Truro Cornwall 14 Jun 22 11.39am Send a Private Message to Wisbech Eagle Add Wisbech Eagle as a friend

Originally posted by BlueJay

I didn't ever think Trump would be indicted but I'd say its a 50/50 shot now. In terms of efforts to get Raffensperger to help him overturn results it looks fairly damning, and thats without his other issues. It he emerges unscathed though, he's likely to run again, as it's not like there's many hard hitters (on the dem or republican side really).

Edited by BlueJay (14 Jun 2022 11.29am)

I think he is too damaged now to stand a chance of succeeding, so it would depend on how stupid the voters were in the Primaries on whether he got the GOP nomination, or stood as an independent and really handed it to the Dems.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
Yellow Card - User has been warned of conduct on the messageboards View W12's Profile W12 14 Jun 22 12.32pm Send a Private Message to W12 Add W12 as a friend

Originally posted by Wisbech Eagle

Listen to Bill Barr's testimony. He ought to know!

Give me one?

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
BlueJay Flag UK 14 Jun 22 12.58pm

Originally posted by Wisbech Eagle

I think he is too damaged now to stand a chance of succeeding, so it would depend on how stupid the voters were in the Primaries on whether he got the GOP nomination, or stood as an independent and really handed it to the Dems.

"I could stand in the middle of Fifth Avenue and shoot somebody, and I wouldn't lose any voters, OK?" Trump said at a 2016 campaign stop in Iowa. "It's, like, incredible."

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Quote this post in a reply
View ASCPFC's Profile ASCPFC Flag Pro-Cathedral/caravan park 14 Jun 22 1.37pm Send a Private Message to ASCPFC Add ASCPFC as a friend

Originally posted by BlueJay

"I could stand in the middle of Fifth Avenue and shoot somebody, and I wouldn't lose any voters, OK?" Trump said at a 2016 campaign stop in Iowa. "It's, like, incredible."

It's the American dream.

 


Patrick Vieira's
Red and Blue Army!

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Stirlingsays's Profile Stirlingsays Flag 14 Jun 22 1.38pm Send a Private Message to Stirlingsays Holmesdale Online Elite Member Add Stirlingsays as a friend

The Democrats are desperate.

Their management of the economy is a joke and all they really are concerned about are exaggerated myths over January 6th.

If they actually succeeded in stopping Trump from running DeSantis still takes them to the cleaners.

All they are doing is increasing polarisation amongst their own and Republican activists......In fact that appears the only thing they can successfully do.

Edited by Stirlingsays (14 Jun 2022 1.42pm)

 


'Who are you and how did you get in here? I'm a locksmith. And, I'm a locksmith.' (Leslie Nielsen)

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
Yellow Card - User has been warned of conduct on the messageboards View Wisbech Eagle's Profile Wisbech Eagle Flag Truro Cornwall 14 Jun 22 1.38pm Send a Private Message to Wisbech Eagle Add Wisbech Eagle as a friend

Originally posted by W12

Give me one?

I have. Click on the link I gave, find the extract from the Bill Barr testimony. That's enough.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
Yellow Card - User has been warned of conduct on the messageboards View Wisbech Eagle's Profile Wisbech Eagle Flag Truro Cornwall 14 Jun 22 1.40pm Send a Private Message to Wisbech Eagle Add Wisbech Eagle as a friend

Originally posted by ASCPFC

It's the American dream.

If it succeeded again, it would be a nightmare, and clear evidence of the USA's terminal decline.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View ASCPFC's Profile ASCPFC Flag Pro-Cathedral/caravan park 14 Jun 22 1.44pm Send a Private Message to ASCPFC Add ASCPFC as a friend

Originally posted by Stirlingsays

The Democrats are desperate.

Their management of the economy is a joke and all they really are concerned about are exaggerated myths over January 6th.

If they actually succeeded in stopping Trump from running DeSantis still takes them to the cleaners.

All they are doing is increasing polarisation amongst their own and Republican activists.

They're known as the do nothing party now: if they do anything it just looks bad or goes wrong. Making the Tories look like safe hands.

[Link]
[Link]

 


Patrick Vieira's
Red and Blue Army!

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
BlueJay Flag UK 14 Jun 22 1.49pm

Originally posted by ASCPFC

It's the American dream.

Isnt it just! Zero accountability, zero standard. Regardless of politics that's where polarisation has got them. In too deep with their echo chambers that they want a SIMs, Grand Theft Auto hybrid as real life. The stay at home armchair activists licking their lips. Thankfully it's hard to join a civil war if you're almost bedbound.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Quote this post in a reply

 

Page 247 of 289 < 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 >

Previous Topic | Next Topic

You are here: Home > Message Board > News & Politics > US politics