You are here: Home > Message Board > News & Politics > Letís celebrate the left
June 6 2023 10.15am

Letís celebrate the left

Previous Topic | Next Topic


Page 77 of 116 < 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 >

 

View Stirlingsays's Profile Stirlingsays Flag 13 Jan 23 12.59pm Send a Private Message to Stirlingsays Holmesdale Online Elite Member Add Stirlingsays as a friend

Originally posted by Badger11

If I knew back in the seventies what I know now I would be richer than Elon Musk.

DM me when you find Doc and the DeLorean.

 


'Who are you and how did you get in here? I'm a locksmith. And, I'm a locksmith.' (Leslie Nielsen)

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View steeleye20's Profile steeleye20 Flag Croydon 13 Jan 23 4.50pm Send a Private Message to steeleye20 Add steeleye20 as a friend

Originally posted by ASCPFC

Probably the most shameful part of it. Elizabeth I a terrible skinflint.

Elizabeth I, aka Glenda Jackson, was an equal opportunity employer in that you all had an equal opportunity of getting scurvy and left to die after fighting for her.

As a reward she would make sure you didn't get paid either, she wouldn't even pay the minimum dying wage there wouldn't be much point in a living one.


 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View georgenorman's Profile georgenorman Flag 13 Jan 23 5.11pm Send a Private Message to georgenorman Add georgenorman as a friend

Originally posted by steeleye20

Elizabeth I, aka Glenda Jackson, was an equal opportunity employer in that you all had an equal opportunity of getting scurvy and left to die after fighting for her.

As a reward she would make sure you didn't get paid either, she wouldn't even pay the minimum dying wage there wouldn't be much point in a living one.

This from someone who praised Robert Mugabe to the sky in the past.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View cryrst's Profile cryrst Flag The garden of England 13 Jan 23 5.21pm Send a Private Message to cryrst Add cryrst as a friend

Originally posted by georgenorman

This from someone who praised Robert Mugabe to the sky in the past.

Yeh but at least he gave people a nice neckless.
Although it was made of rubber, then set alight

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Mapletree's Profile Mapletree Flag Croydon 13 Jan 23 11.44pm Send a Private Message to Mapletree Add Mapletree as a friend

Originally posted by georgenorman

What was Drake's father guilty of then? Or is it just some woke use of personal pronouns?

Edited by georgenorman (13 Jan 2023 9.16am)

Itís no good pontificating if you donít actually know your history

According to the English Patent Rolls of 1548 Edmund Drake, with the help of two accomplices, attacked a man named Roger Langiford just outside Tavistock on 16th April 1548. After beating him with staves and swords they stole his purse containing twenty-one shillings and seven pence.

Nine days later Edmund was involved in another incident when he and an accomplice attacked a man named John Harte at Peter Tavy near Tavistock. They stole his horse worth three pounds. However, in December 1548 Edmund was pardoned of both crimes. The reason is not clear but G. Woodcock, a local Devon historian, argues that it was due to influence and money. Edmundís father knew the Abbot of Tavistock and Lord Russell who later became godfather to Edmundís son Francis.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Teddy Eagle's Profile Teddy Eagle Flag 13 Jan 23 11.52pm Send a Private Message to Teddy Eagle Add Teddy Eagle as a friend

Originally posted by Mapletree

Itís no good pontificating if you donít actually know your history

According to the English Patent Rolls of 1548 Edmund Drake, with the help of two accomplices, attacked a man named Roger Langiford just outside Tavistock on 16th April 1548. After beating him with staves and swords they stole his purse containing twenty-one shillings and seven pence.

Nine days later Edmund was involved in another incident when he and an accomplice attacked a man named John Harte at Peter Tavy near Tavistock. They stole his horse worth three pounds. However, in December 1548 Edmund was pardoned of both crimes. The reason is not clear but G. Woodcock, a local Devon historian, argues that it was due to influence and money. Edmundís father knew the Abbot of Tavistock and Lord Russell who later became godfather to Edmundís son Francis.

He sounds like a master criminal. No wonder young Francis was led astray.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Mapletree's Profile Mapletree Flag Croydon 14 Jan 23 12.21am Send a Private Message to Mapletree Add Mapletree as a friend

Originally posted by Teddy Eagle

He sounds like a master criminal. No wonder young Francis was led astray.

Had to do a runner to Kent. Need we say more.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Teddy Eagle's Profile Teddy Eagle Flag 14 Jan 23 12.47am Send a Private Message to Teddy Eagle Add Teddy Eagle as a friend

Originally posted by Mapletree

Had to do a runner to Kent. Need we say more.

A total desperado. At least he was among his own.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View HKOwen's Profile HKOwen Flag Hong Kong 14 Jan 23 2.17am Send a Private Message to HKOwen Add HKOwen as a friend

Originally posted by cryrst

Yeh but at least he gave people a nice neckless.
Although it was made of rubber, then set alight

That was Winnie Mandela's gang but let's not be pedantic.

Mugabe's daughter lived in Hong Kong for a while. years back her " security " beat up a photographer.

No one really cared as long as she paid her way

 


Responsibility Deficit Disorder is a medical condition. Symptoms include inability to be corrected when wrong, false sense of superiority, desire to share personal info no else cares about, general hubris. It's a medical issue rather than pure arrogance.

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View cryrst's Profile cryrst Flag The garden of England 14 Jan 23 5.32am Send a Private Message to cryrst Add cryrst as a friend

Originally posted by HKOwen

That was Winnie Mandela's gang but let's not be pedantic.

Mugabe's daughter lived in Hong Kong for a while. years back her " security " beat up a photographer.

No one really cared as long as she paid her way

My bad but hey why let the truth get in the way of anything bearing in mind the thread title

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View HKOwen's Profile HKOwen Flag Hong Kong 14 Jan 23 7.26am Send a Private Message to HKOwen Add HKOwen as a friend

Originally posted by cryrst

My bad but hey why let the truth get in the way of anything bearing in mind the thread title

Fair call

 


Responsibility Deficit Disorder is a medical condition. Symptoms include inability to be corrected when wrong, false sense of superiority, desire to share personal info no else cares about, general hubris. It's a medical issue rather than pure arrogance.

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View georgenorman's Profile georgenorman Flag 14 Jan 23 7.59am Send a Private Message to georgenorman Add georgenorman as a friend

Originally posted by Mapletree

Itís no good pontificating if you donít actually know your history

According to the English Patent Rolls of 1548 Edmund Drake, with the help of two accomplices, attacked a man named Roger Langiford just outside Tavistock on 16th April 1548. After beating him with staves and swords they stole his purse containing twenty-one shillings and seven pence.

Nine days later Edmund was involved in another incident when he and an accomplice attacked a man named John Harte at Peter Tavy near Tavistock. They stole his horse worth three pounds. However, in December 1548 Edmund was pardoned of both crimes. The reason is not clear but G. Woodcock, a local Devon historian, argues that it was due to influence and money. Edmundís father knew the Abbot of Tavistock and Lord Russell who later became godfather to Edmundís son Francis.

Were Roger and John black. Edmund Drake was also a vicar for a number of years.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply

 

Page 77 of 116 < 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 >

Previous Topic | Next Topic

You are here: Home > Message Board > News & Politics > Letís celebrate the left