You are here: Home > Message Board > Football Talk > European Super League
May 10 2021 11.57pm

European Super League

Previous Topic | Next Topic


Page 12 of 28 < 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 >

This forum is sponsored by

Football Index

Sponsor a forum or Advertise on the HOL!

 

View mistermay's Profile mistermay Flag Burgess Hill 19 Apr 21 4.47pm Send a Private Message to mistermay Add mistermay as a friend

Think the players at those clubs will go for it as its all about greed.
Play in the ESL for maybe 36 games and earn £300k a week - or more- but you can't play internationals or play in the premier league (or equivalent) for £150k but you can play in cup games and internationals - pretty sure most of them are money motivated and will opt for Super League, despite what yhey say about winning trophies.

 


If only ????

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View jeeagles's Profile jeeagles Flag 19 Apr 21 4.48pm Send a Private Message to jeeagles Add jeeagles as a friend

Dannyboy1978 is right.

£3.5billion split between 12 teams is no guarantee of success.

All the reaction from fans of the big 6 in England seems like there is little appetite for this. They may not get the crowds or the viewing figures expected and the league stands a big risk of failure.

Its likely that the league will be dominated by the biggest of the big clubs. Traditional glory supporter won't like it when they realise that Manchester United and others won't stand a chance of winning, that will do huge damage to the brand. They are more likely to lose supporters than gain then.

I say, kick them out. Let them go. They don't have the positive impact on the premier league as they once did. The lack of competition in the top half of the table is making people lose interest. Let's reset the league so everyone can have a fair crack at it.

What we mustn't do is accept this, or an expanded Champions League.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Davepalace707's Profile Davepalace707 Flag Northumberland 19 Apr 21 4.59pm Send a Private Message to Davepalace707 Add Davepalace707 as a friend

Originally posted by jeeagles

Dannyboy1978 is right.

£3.5billion split between 12 teams is no guarantee of success.

All the reaction from fans of the big 6 in England seems like there is little appetite for this. They may not get the crowds or the viewing figures expected and the league stands a big risk of failure.

Its likely that the league will be dominated by the biggest of the big clubs. Traditional glory supporter won't like it when they realise that Manchester United and others won't stand a chance of winning, that will do huge damage to the brand. They are more likely to lose supporters than gain then.

I say, kick them out. Let them go. They don't have the positive impact on the premier league as they once did. The lack of competition in the top half of the table is making people lose interest. Let's reset the league so everyone can have a fair crack at it.

What we mustn't do is accept this, or an expanded Champions League.

Spot on

 


“You miss 100 per cent of the shots you don’t take”

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Badger11's Profile Badger11 Flag Beckenham 19 Apr 21 5.02pm Send a Private Message to Badger11 Add Badger11 as a friend

Originally posted by jeeagles

Dannyboy1978 is right.

£3.5billion split between 12 teams is no guarantee of success.

All the reaction from fans of the big 6 in England seems like there is little appetite for this. They may not get the crowds or the viewing figures expected and the league stands a big risk of failure.

Its likely that the league will be dominated by the biggest of the big clubs. Traditional glory supporter won't like it when they realise that Manchester United and others won't stand a chance of winning, that will do huge damage to the brand. They are more likely to lose supporters than gain then.

I say, kick them out. Let them go. They don't have the positive impact on the premier league as they once did. The lack of competition in the top half of the table is making people lose interest. Let's reset the league so everyone can have a fair crack at it.

What we mustn't do is accept this, or an expanded Champions League.

Agreed.

However I fear that will happen. What do the actually want? more money and guaranteed appearance in the CL. UEFA already offered them that and we see the results.
So the only thing UEFA can do is offer more money and places which will further devalue the competition.

Personally I would play hard ball. Expel them from the PL and tell them they can only come back if they agree to sharing even more money with the rest of football.

I think some of us would love it if this project failed badly and they had to come crawling back.

 


One more point

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View manwitheagletattoo's Profile manwitheagletattoo Flag Somewhere in England 19 Apr 21 5.32pm Send a Private Message to manwitheagletattoo Add manwitheagletattoo as a friend

I have questions

1.. Where are these so called Super clubs going to buy players to keep them in this super league..I cannot think for one minute that these 12 clubs are going to have a transfer market between themselves and weaken their so called prospects of winning the JP Morgan Cup or are they going to rely on youth policy. ?
Or does it boil down to the fact that they think they can look down on clubs like Palace and say we are interested in signing “X” player and you are going to jump because we are a Super Club. Or does the terminology “ Feeder Clubs start to appear.

2/ Are not all Referees registered to UEFA and their respective Football Associations. Seeing as UEFA are against this Super League how are these Super matches going to be refereed or are they going to set up a Super league referee association.

3/ What is going to happen if these clubs players don’t want to play in this Super League how are these clubs going to enforce contracts they just cannot force a player to play nor can let they let a player walk away.,

 


South London & Proud
Sometimes I really wonder if family are really worth it.
Because it doesn’t matter how time and affection you give
It’s never enough

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Badger11's Profile Badger11 Flag Beckenham 19 Apr 21 5.40pm Send a Private Message to Badger11 Add Badger11 as a friend

Originally posted by manwitheagletattoo

I have questions

1.. Where are these so called Super clubs going to buy players to keep them in this super league..I cannot think for one minute that these 12 clubs are going to have a transfer market between themselves and weaken their so called prospects of winning the JP Morgan Cup or are they going to rely on youth policy. ?
Or does it boil down to the fact that they think they can look down on clubs like Palace and say we are interested in signing “X” player and you are going to jump because we are a Super Club. Or does the terminology “ Feeder Clubs start to appear.

2/ Are not all Referees registered to UEFA and their respective Football Associations. Seeing as UEFA are against this Super League how are these Super matches going to be refereed or are they going to set up a Super league referee association.

3/ What is going to happen if these clubs players don’t want to play in this Super League how are these clubs going to enforce contracts they just cannot force a player to play nor can let they let a player walk away.,

All excellent points on Point 3 UEFA have just said they will ban players who take part. That's a bit unfair as they are contracted to the clubs I can't see that standing up in court.

 


One more point

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Bexley Eagle's Profile Bexley Eagle Flag Bexley Kent 19 Apr 21 5.48pm Send a Private Message to Bexley Eagle Add Bexley Eagle as a friend

Originally posted by Badger11


I think some of us would love it if this project failed badly and they had to come crawling back.

I think the vast majority feel that way. However what is not known is the ramifications for the remaining football pyramid. Clearly TV rights will fall, which underpins everything.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Tom-the-eagle's Profile Tom-the-eagle Online Flag Croydon 19 Apr 21 5.48pm Send a Private Message to Tom-the-eagle Add Tom-the-eagle as a friend

Originally posted by jeeagles

Dannyboy1978 is right.

£3.5billion split between 12 teams is no guarantee of success.

All the reaction from fans of the big 6 in England seems like there is little appetite for this. They may not get the crowds or the viewing figures expected and the league stands a big risk of failure.

Its likely that the league will be dominated by the biggest of the big clubs. Traditional glory supporter won't like it when they realise that Manchester United and others won't stand a chance of winning, that will do huge damage to the brand. They are more likely to lose supporters than gain then.

I say, kick them out. Let them go. They don't have the positive impact on the premier league as they once did. The lack of competition in the top half of the table is making people lose interest. Let's reset the league so everyone can have a fair crack at it.

What we mustn't do is accept this, or an expanded Champions League.

Good post fella

 


"It feels much better than it ever did, much more sensitive." John Wayne Bobbit

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View ASCPFC's Profile ASCPFC Flag Pro-Cathedral/caravan park 19 Apr 21 5.50pm Send a Private Message to ASCPFC Add ASCPFC as a friend

Originally posted by manwitheagletattoo

I have questions

1.. Where are these so called Super clubs going to buy players to keep them in this super league..I cannot think for one minute that these 12 clubs are going to have a transfer market between themselves and weaken their so called prospects of winning the JP Morgan Cup or are they going to rely on youth policy. ?
Or does it boil down to the fact that they think they can look down on clubs like Palace and say we are interested in signing “X” player and you are going to jump because we are a Super Club. Or does the terminology “ Feeder Clubs start to appear.

2/ Are not all Referees registered to UEFA and their respective Football Associations. Seeing as UEFA are against this Super League how are these Super matches going to be refereed or are they going to set up a Super league referee association.

3/ What is going to happen if these clubs players don’t want to play in this Super League how are these clubs going to enforce contracts they just cannot force a player to play nor can let they let a player walk away.,

The Premier League created their own referees, I think it's PGMOL or something. Any new league could do the same.
Players seem an issue with contracts. As for transfers, I bet loads of them want a draft, like the NFL or an auction like the IPL. I can actually almost imagine it.

 


I used to put the manager's name in front of Red and Blue but got fed up with changing it. If someone cool becomes our manager then maybe..

Red and Blue Army!

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Spiderman's Profile Spiderman Flag Horsham 19 Apr 21 6.01pm Send a Private Message to Spiderman Add Spiderman as a friend

Maybe this explains why PSG have said nothing

AE0F8079-85AD-4BBB-86E7-89696E5CB738.jpeg Attachment: AE0F8079-85AD-4BBB-86E7-89696E5CB738.jpeg (86.53Kb)

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Spiderman's Profile Spiderman Flag Horsham 19 Apr 21 6.02pm Send a Private Message to Spiderman Add Spiderman as a friend

Originally posted by dannyboy1978

Where does the 3.5 billion come from?
It's not guaranteed to be a success.

JP Morgan

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View thegreatlardino's Profile thegreatlardino Flag crawley/selsey 19 Apr 21 6.10pm Send a Private Message to thegreatlardino Add thegreatlardino as a friend

What i dont get about all this, the clubs concerned are all successful marketing machines with very rich owners, Daniel Levy must have known what doing this would do, so who advised them it was a good idea? They must have been aware of the negative press that was bound to occur.
I think this is to get more money out of UEFA who as we know are just as bad.

 


That’s why tonight I’m sitting on top of Lord Hereford’s Knob

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply

 

Page 12 of 28 < 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 >

Previous Topic | Next Topic

You are here: Home > Message Board > Football Talk > European Super League