You are here: Home > Message Board > Palace Talk > Palace v Arsenal Match Thread
December 10 2023 1.52pm

Palace v Arsenal Match Thread

Previous Topic | Next Topic


Page 9 of 12 < 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 >

 

View sprites's Profile sprites Flag Auckland 19 May 21 11.28pm Send a Private Message to sprites Add sprites as a friend

Originally posted by crvenaeagle

Undeserved win, Arsenal were shocking for the majority of that game but the fans will be stroking their egos ans stroking their p****es with that 3 goal win.
Sad to go out at Selhurst with such an unfair reflection of efforts.

Townsend, I know I give him plenty of it, but he and Benteke played very well today, as did Mitchell. Kouyate gets a mention too.
Zaha was well and truly off it.

When is he ever 'on it' these days? I certainly can't remember his last good game.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View adelaar's Profile adelaar Flag Edgware 19 May 21 11.32pm Send a Private Message to adelaar Add adelaar as a friend

Originally posted by Painter

Ward also at fault for the first. Shouldn't be first team choice, just the bench.

I've said this so many times before. It was his fault we lost today. Fell asleep at the back post for their crucial second, he is a huge liability. He absolutely must be upgraded.
Roy probably can't wait for the beaches to open up, the amount of times he must wonder what tools he has had at his disposal over the past 4 years.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View CB's Profile CB Flag 20 May 21 12.06am Send a Private Message to CB Add CB as a friend

Am I imagining things or has Benteke's first touch whether with his feet, head or chest suddenly become miles better?

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Henry of Peckham's Profile Henry of Peckham Flag Eton Mess 20 May 21 12.36am Send a Private Message to Henry of Peckham Add Henry of Peckham as a friend

Originally posted by Bexley Eagle

To be fair I am not sure McCarthy touched the ball

He certainly did and he played well tonight.

 


Denial is not just a river in Egypt

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View topcat's Profile topcat Flag Holmesdale / Surbiton 20 May 21 7.49am Send a Private Message to topcat Add topcat as a friend

Great to be back at Selhurst again, and at the Clifton. Decent atmosphere and mostly a good game. Just a shame that we couldn't see out the match. Big shame that I didn't get to see Eze play, I was looking forward to that but good to see Tyrick Mitchell, who played very well.

Harsh picking on individual players as overall we played well and deserved a draw.

 


It's 106 miles to Chicago, we got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark... and we're wearing sunglasses.

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Badger11's Profile Badger11 Flag Beckenham 20 May 21 7.53am Send a Private Message to Badger11 Add Badger11 as a friend

We did okay and deserved a draw, the scoreline flattered the Arse.

Maybe tiredness caught up with us at the end of the game not surprising considering the age difference between the squads.

I think Roy was making a point with his substitutes bringing on players he feels have been loyal and played well in his system rather than going for youth or picking our 2 unused strikers he clearly doesn't rate.

I really wanted a point because I have a horrible feeling that Brighton are going to overtake us and if Arsenal play as badly as they did last night I think they will lose.

C'mon Palace get something against Liverpool to stuff their Champions League hopes and keep Brighton below us.

 


One more point

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Willo's Profile Willo Online Flag South coast - west of Brighton. 20 May 21 8.15am Send a Private Message to Willo Add Willo as a friend

Originally posted by Badger11

We did okay and deserved a draw, the scoreline flattered the Arse.

Maybe tiredness caught up with us at the end of the game not surprising considering the age difference between the squads.

I think Roy was making a point with his substitutes bringing on players he feels have been loyal and played well in his system rather than going for youth or picking our 2 unused strikers he clearly doesn't rate.

I really wanted a point because I have a horrible feeling that Brighton are going to overtake us and if Arsenal play as badly as they did last night I think they will lose.

C'mon Palace get something against Liverpool to stuff their Champions League hopes and keep Brighton below us.

My feelings entirely.
Inept defending cost us once again.
I was incandescent with rage.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Willo's Profile Willo Online Flag South coast - west of Brighton. 20 May 21 8.20am Send a Private Message to Willo Add Willo as a friend

Originally posted by adelaar

I've said this so many times before. It was his fault we lost today. Fell asleep at the back post for their crucial second, he is a huge liability. He absolutely must be upgraded.
Roy probably can't wait for the beaches to open up, the amount of times he must wonder what tools he has had at his disposal over the past 4 years.

An awful goal to concede.

Martinelli is allowed to get in at the back post then cut in with no other defender coming across to challenge him and he was able to tuck the ball away.

Shocking ,my first comments to my dear wife this morning was having a moan about the inept defending and her response was "Shut up,I have had ENOUGH ...."

Edited by Willo (20 May 2021 8.21am)

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Spiderman's Profile Spiderman Flag Horsham 20 May 21 8.37am Send a Private Message to Spiderman Add Spiderman as a friend

Originally posted by Willo

An awful goal to concede.

Martinelli is allowed to get in at the back post then cut in with no other defender coming across to challenge him and he was able to tuck the ball away.

Shocking ,my first comments to my dear wife this morning was having a moan about the inept defending and her response was "Shut up,I have had ENOUGH ...."

Edited by Willo (20 May 2021 8.21am)

You are right, although Iím not sure he cut in, ball seemed to hit him and he reacted quickly to put it in, definitely Ward at fault. Would have liked to see the VAR check to see if it hit his hand.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Willo's Profile Willo Online Flag South coast - west of Brighton. 20 May 21 8.52am Send a Private Message to Willo Add Willo as a friend

For the first Arsenal goal, we had a 3v2 numerical advantage down our right, yet Arsenal were still able to get clear and put in a cross to a player totally unmarked centrally.Terrible.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Putitout's Profile Putitout Flag Oxford 20 May 21 9.43am Send a Private Message to Putitout Add Putitout as a friend

There is no doubt the back post could have been defended better for their second goal, but we had spent the previous five minutes sitting deeper and deeper. It was literally a case of asking them to pick a pass, and sure enough in the end they did. The pity was that for most of the second half of the game that was something we had not allowed to happen , although they had possession it was always challenged, except in that last brief period.
It didnít feel like we deserved to lose , and we didnt for. ninety minutes. But itís a ninety five minute game now a days.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View rednblueblood's Profile rednblueblood 20 May 21 10.02am Send a Private Message to rednblueblood Add rednblueblood as a friend

When Big Ben scored he formed a 7 with his fingers, what was that all about?

 


In dog beers Iíve only had one.

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply

 

Page 9 of 12 < 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 >

Previous Topic | Next Topic

You are here: Home > Message Board > Palace Talk > Palace v Arsenal Match Thread