You are here: Home > Message Board > Ticket & Travel Talk > New ticketing system using mobiles
November 30 2021 12.11am

New ticketing system using mobiles

Previous Topic | Next Topic


Page 23 of 28 < 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 >

 

View YHTM's Profile YHTM Flag 10 Sep 21 10.12am Send a Private Message to YHTM Add YHTM as a friend

Originally posted by Beastie

Does anyone know if screenshotting the QR code will work?

My mate can't go and has offered the ticket for my little boy but not sure how it can be done. I'm not going to be near a printer (for an e-ticket) by tomorrow.

According to this no,

[Link]

Seems you need to have NFC on the phone for it (and Google Pay) to work. My 2 year old Xiaomi phone does not have NFC!

Edited by YHTM (10 Sep 2021 10.13am)

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View YHTM's Profile YHTM Flag 10 Sep 21 10.15am Send a Private Message to YHTM Add YHTM as a friend

Originally posted by JRW2

Is a mobile ticket the same as an e-ticket?

The e-ticket is the one they will now email out which needs to be printed and used as v Brentford.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View bicycle repair man's Profile bicycle repair man 10 Sep 21 10.20am Send a Private Message to bicycle repair man Add bicycle repair man as a friend

Originally posted by Beastie

Does anyone know if screenshotting the QR code will work?

My mate can't go and has offered the ticket for my little boy but not sure how it can be done. I'm not going to be near a printer (for an e-ticket) by tomorrow.


No,it won't work.
Apparently you need the actual phone, because the reader at the turnstile reacts to the chip in the phone.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Beastie's Profile Beastie Flag 10 Sep 21 10.21am Send a Private Message to Beastie Add Beastie as a friend

Originally posted by YHTM

According to this no,

[Link]

Seems you need to have NFC on the phone for it (and Google Pay) to work. My 2 year old Xiaomi phone does not have NFC!

Edited by YHTM (10 Sep 2021 10.13am)

Thanks. Of course it couldn't be that simple.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Beastie's Profile Beastie Flag 10 Sep 21 10.28am Send a Private Message to Beastie Add Beastie as a friend

Originally posted by bicycle repair man

No,it won't work.
Apparently you need the actual phone, because the reader at the turnstile reacts to the chip in the phone.

Does it not just read the QR like a barcode? Obviously works on an e-ticket. Believe me, I know f all about IT but I just wondered if they donít want people sharing tickets so easily.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View bifffabazz's Profile bifffabazz Flag Highworth, Wiltshire 10 Sep 21 11.49am Send a Private Message to bifffabazz Add bifffabazz as a friend

Advice on how to turn on NFC on my Samsung 10e?

 


Spirit of 1974

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View SnapperKain's Profile SnapperKain Flag SE25 6PU 10 Sep 21 11.55am Send a Private Message to SnapperKain Add SnapperKain as a friend

Originally posted by bicycle repair man

No,it won't work.
Apparently you need the actual phone, because the reader at the turnstile reacts to the chip in the phone.

I think the club is being a bit sketchy about this (either deliberately or through not thinking) but I'm not convinced that you do need the phone with the QR code. When you're using the CPFC app and Google Pay or Apple Wallet, then it would use the chip in the phone which is actually the NFC functionality (Near Field Communication) that most moden smart phones have. This is the exact same tech as if you used Google Pay or Apple Wallet to pay for something in the shop using contactless. So I think that it's working by saying the method of payment for getting in the ground is in essence the season ticket that you've download to Google Pay or Apple Wallet.

Tech wise there should be no reason why you need NFC working to use a QR code, so you should be ok(?!). On this video from CPFC (which tries very hard not to be patronising) [Link] you can see that the alternative method of getting in is to scan the QR code on your phone. This would only be a valid alternative if it didn't rely on the components outside the app from working (like NFC and Google Pay/Apple Wallet) so it would certainly suggest that scanning it without it necessarily being on a phone will work. The only reason it wouldn't is if the QR code on the mobile contained something that let the QR reader know it was a code printed off a mobile, but that's something the club would have to jusitfy in my opinion and would make no sense as to have it as an alternative method of entry.

I don't think we'll know for sure until someone tries it, but in theory printing off the QR code from the app and using it should work. Whether laminating it will cause reflections that will cause it not to work though, I can't say!

I have no idea why the club hasn't been categoric in saying this, seems like their communication on this has not been the best.

Edited by SnapperKain (10 Sep 2021 12.00pm)

Edited by SnapperKain (10 Sep 2021 12.03pm)

 


The trouble with computers, of course, is that they're very sophisticated idiots

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View SnapperKain's Profile SnapperKain Flag SE25 6PU 10 Sep 21 11.59am Send a Private Message to SnapperKain Add SnapperKain as a friend

Edited by SnapperKain (10 Sep 2021 11.59am)

 


The trouble with computers, of course, is that they're very sophisticated idiots

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View bicycle repair man's Profile bicycle repair man 10 Sep 21 12.02pm Send a Private Message to bicycle repair man Add bicycle repair man as a friend

Originally posted by Beastie

Does it not just read the QR like a barcode? Obviously works on an e-ticket. Believe me, I know f all about IT but I just wondered if they donít want people sharing tickets so easily.

No afraid not, it's different from the barcode on a ticket.
The QR code for the season ticket only works when it's on the actual phone.
Lots of fans share their season ticket,and the shambolic way Palace have rolled out the digital system has made that,at the moment, almost impossible.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View bicycle repair man's Profile bicycle repair man 10 Sep 21 12.10pm Send a Private Message to bicycle repair man Add bicycle repair man as a friend

Originally posted by SnapperKain

I think the club is being a bit sketchy about this (either deliberately or through not thinking) but I'm not convinced that you do need the phone with the QR code. When you're using the CPFC app and Google Pay or Apple Wallet, then it would use the chip in the phone which is actually the NFC functionality (Near Field Communication) that most moden smart phones have. This is the exact same tech as if you used Google Pay or Apple Wallet to pay for something in the shop using contactless. So I think that it's working by saying the method of payment for getting in the ground is in essence the season ticket that you've download to Google Pay or Apple Wallet.

Tech wise there should be no reason why you need NFC working to use a QR code, so you should be ok(?!). On this video from CPFC (which tries very hard not to be patronising) [Link] you can see that the alternative method of getting in is to scan the QR code on your phone. This would only be a valid alternative if it didn't rely on the components outside the app from working (like NFC and Google Pay/Apple Wallet) so it would certainly suggest that scanning it without it necessarily being on a phone will work. The only reason it wouldn't is if the QR code on the mobile contained something that let the QR reader know it was a code printed off a mobile, but that's something the club would have to jusitfy in my opinion and would make no sense as to have it as an alternative method of entry.

I don't think we'll know for sure until someone tries it, but in theory printing off the QR code from the app and using it should work. Whether laminating it will cause reflections that will cause it not to work though, I can't say!

I have no idea why the club hasn't been categoric in saying this, seems like their communication on this has not been the best.

Edited by SnapperKain (10 Sep 2021 12.00pm)

Edited by SnapperKain (10 Sep 2021 12.03pm)

It's all a bit of a lottery ,and it seems we should be grateful if we can get inside the ground, and my brain is about to explode.
Cheers.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View A89M's Profile A89M Flag Streatham 10 Sep 21 12.19pm Send a Private Message to A89M Add A89M as a friend

Originally posted by Beastie

Does anyone know if screenshotting the QR code will work?

My mate can't go and has offered the ticket for my little boy but not sure how it can be done. I'm not going to be near a printer (for an e-ticket) by tomorrow.

From experience using QR codes to get into many festivals and events, I have had screenshots sent to me and got in no problem. There may be a difference entering the stadium but I can't see what..

Edited by A89M (10 Sep 2021 12.21pm)

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View bicycle repair man's Profile bicycle repair man 10 Sep 21 3.02pm Send a Private Message to bicycle repair man Add bicycle repair man as a friend

I received and downloaded my season ticket two days ago.
Out of the blue have just received an email from the ticket office, saying they have no record of my season ticket being sent and downloaded, and they will send me an E-ticket which I must use for the Spurs match.
What is going on ?

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply

 

Page 23 of 28 < 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 >

Previous Topic | Next Topic

You are here: Home > Message Board > Ticket & Travel Talk > New ticketing system using mobiles