You are here: Home > Message Board > Palace Talk > Topic
September 22 2021 12.04am

They kept that quiet. (LOCKED)

Previous Topic | Next Topic


Page 4 of 12 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 >

This forum is sponsored by

Football Index

Sponsor a forum or Advertise on the HOL!

Topic Locked

View rikz's Profile rikz Flag Croydon 02 Sep 21 11.28am Send a Private Message to rikz Add rikz as a friend

Originally posted by kev64

Because when you catch it you will pass it on ( possibly to someone it may harm) and the cycle continues how the f do you think they eradicate diseases using vaccines ffs ..

The common flu has killed far more people than covid so why don't we have a vaccine passport for that aswell ? Like others have said, 90% of people wear clothed masks that other little to no protection, they're banned in numerous countries yet you see people walking around with them in numerous supermarkets, constantly adjusting them, touching food etc so they're offering no protection but probably helping to spread it. Just an example of how stupid people are and how willing to do something that is entirely pointless.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post
View Charlie Croker's Profile Charlie Croker Flag Hampshire 02 Sep 21 12.00pm Send a Private Message to Charlie Croker Add Charlie Croker as a friend

Originally posted by topcat

Anyway, back to the OP. This is a requirement from the Premier League, in advance of government legislation coming in at the end of September (announced back in July).

The one I can't understand is the (ELP) insistence on season tickets being on your phone rather than an physical ticket. Is this to do away with people sharing season tickets?

To be honest, an email and QR code is much easier to share than a physical card.

 


“My experience of life is that it is not divided up into genres; it’s a horrifying, romantic, tragic, comical, science-fiction cowboy detective novel. You know, with a bit of pornography if you’re lucky."

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post
View BlueJay's Profile BlueJay Flag UK 02 Sep 21 12.36pm Send a Private Message to BlueJay Add BlueJay as a friend

Originally posted by topcat

Anyway, back to the OP. This is a requirement from the Premier League, in advance of government legislation coming in at the end of September (announced back in July).

The one I can't understand is the (ELP) insistence on season tickets being on your phone rather than an physical ticket. Is this to do away with people sharing season tickets?

There's pros and cons to the season ticket on the phone situation I'd say, but impacting touts has to be up there. If people genuinely want to share with others I wonder if it'd be possible to simply keep it on a backup phone rather than main?

Correct concerning the legislation too. And I get that some won't like it, but it is what it is. Better to put the energy into supporting the team rather than anger that goes nowhere.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post
View ASCPFC's Profile ASCPFC Flag Pro-Cathedral/caravan park 02 Sep 21 12.44pm Send a Private Message to ASCPFC Add ASCPFC as a friend

Originally posted by BlueJay

There's pros and cons to the season ticket on the phone situation I'd say, but impacting touts has to be up there. If people genuinely want to share with others I wonder if it'd be possible to simply keep it on a backup phone rather than main?

Correct concerning the legislation too. And I get that some won't like it, but it is what it is. Better to put the energy into supporting the team rather than anger that goes nowhere.

Perhaps they never heard of screenshots/grabs

Edited by ASCPFC (02 Sep 2021 12.44pm)

 


I used to put the manager's name in front of Red and Blue but got fed up with changing it. If someone cool becomes our manager then maybe..

Red and Blue Army!

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post
View Winter_Raven's Profile Winter_Raven Flag London 02 Sep 21 12.47pm Send a Private Message to Winter_Raven Add Winter_Raven as a friend

Originally posted by braunstoneagle

you know what…if somebody has been offered both jabs and wont have them (apart from medical reasons) then f*** ‘em they shouldnt be allowed into a confined enviroment like a football stadium.

seems perfectly fair to me

Then 'f***' em'??
You realise covid is just another coronavirus?
Have you always had this view in the past regarding the common cold or the flu?
Have you fallen to the MSN hysteria?

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post
View BlueJay's Profile BlueJay Flag UK 02 Sep 21 12.49pm Send a Private Message to BlueJay Add BlueJay as a friend

Originally posted by ASCPFC

Perhaps they never heard of screenshots/grabs

Edited by ASCPFC (02 Sep 2021 12.44pm)

Haha that's true. I can't imagine it being policed in any meaningful way.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post
Yellow Card - User has been warned of conduct on the messageboards View HKOwen's Profile HKOwen Flag Hong Kong 02 Sep 21 1.54pm Send a Private Message to HKOwen Add HKOwen as a friend

Do you have any idea what margin the manufacturer is making or do you just think no manufacturer should make a profit?

Or you suggesting it is an ineffective product and the manufacturer is somehow scamming ?

I may has misunderstood of course.

Originally posted by Tim Gypsy Hill '64

Cool. Nice profit for the manufacturer.

Like I said, it's a crutch for those who feel at risk. Research virus and microbe protection. You need to have a full biohazard suit, with personal respirator to eliminate risk of infection from microscopic organisms.

Edited by HKOwen (02 Sep 2021 1.56pm)

 


A lie will travel half way around the world before the truth has got it's shoes on.

I have simply accepted Wisbech Eagle is an all knowing and wise higher form of life.

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post
View ASCPFC's Profile ASCPFC Flag Pro-Cathedral/caravan park 02 Sep 21 3.42pm Send a Private Message to ASCPFC Add ASCPFC as a friend

Originally posted by BlueJay

Haha that's true. I can't imagine it being policed in any meaningful way.

Fake Certs are two a penny. I have genuine ones and had to travel to various countries over the summer for family reasons (plus I was focking bored with lockdown Ireland). Although I went to countries with restrictions and have all genuine Certs, jabs, tests etc, I needn't have bothered. Nothing was checked.
The most rigorous check I had, was police at customs in England (which I know, sounds unbelievable anyone was at customs in England). They just looked at my reason for travel - which was a typed letter. It was genuine but I could have just typed and printed it on Word just the same.

 


I used to put the manager's name in front of Red and Blue but got fed up with changing it. If someone cool becomes our manager then maybe..

Red and Blue Army!

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post
View cryrst's Profile cryrst Flag Chatham 02 Sep 21 5.11pm Send a Private Message to cryrst Add cryrst as a friend

Originally posted by Charlie Croker

To be honest, an email and QR code is much easier to share than a physical card.

I read it was all to do with being environmentally friendly... and cheaper!
Plastic cards, envelopes, delivery is all a pollutant to a degree.
Postage also costs money I guess.
I get the plastic bit but now some plastics are biodegradable so that route was/is available.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post
View BlueJay's Profile BlueJay Flag UK 02 Sep 21 5.16pm Send a Private Message to BlueJay Add BlueJay as a friend

Originally posted by ASCPFC

Fake Certs are two a penny. I have genuine ones and had to travel to various countries over the summer for family reasons (plus I was focking bored with lockdown Ireland). Although I went to countries with restrictions and have all genuine Certs, jabs, tests etc, I needn't have bothered. Nothing was checked.
The most rigorous check I had, was police at customs in England (which I know, sounds unbelievable anyone was at customs in England). They just looked at my reason for travel - which was a typed letter. It was genuine but I could have just typed and printed it on Word just the same.

All but confirms it as an unworkable box ticking exercise then really. I've all but ruled out travelling this year due to how tricky I perceive it could be, but it sounds like those who wing it will likely go unquestioned.


 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post
View Tim Gypsy Hill '64's Profile Tim Gypsy Hill '64 Flag Stoke sub normal 02 Sep 21 10.20pm Send a Private Message to Tim Gypsy Hill '64 Add Tim Gypsy Hill '64 as a friend

Originally posted by BlueJay

FFP3 masks are not only 'for dust' and claiming that NHS staff only wear them for 'profit for manufacturers' is an unfounded and irrational conspiracy theory. By your publicly stated views vaccines are 'unsafe' (including the one you yourself had) and FFP3 masks a a 'crutch' that makes little difference. Nobody said they eliminate risk, but there's certain more than enough out that to indicate that they significantly reduce it.

Wearing masks incorrectly can of course be a problem (though a perfectly avoidable one), though case in point there are multiple FFP3 'respirator' studies eliminating that issue which demonstrate a near if not 100% protection even in actual covid wards. A rather unusual level of success for something that apparently does very little.

I didn't state any of this in the previous posts here. Stop twisting what is written.

However, Lisa Shaw's family may disagree that the vaccine is safe. [Link]

 


Systematically dragged down by the lawmakers

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post
View Tim Gypsy Hill '64's Profile Tim Gypsy Hill '64 Flag Stoke sub normal 02 Sep 21 10.24pm Send a Private Message to Tim Gypsy Hill '64 Add Tim Gypsy Hill '64 as a friend

Originally posted by HKOwen

Do you have any idea what margin the manufacturer is making or do you just think no manufacturer should make a profit?

Or you suggesting it is an ineffective product and the manufacturer is somehow scamming ?

I may has misunderstood of course.

Edited by HKOwen (02 Sep 2021 1.56pm)

It was misunderstood. A flippant remark? Perhaps. But Rudi was suggesting that you could wear an FFP3 mask and not bother with the rest.

 


Systematically dragged down by the lawmakers

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post

Topic Locked

Page 4 of 12 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 >

Previous Topic | Next Topic

You are here: Home > Message Board > Palace Talk > Topic