You are here: Home > Message Board > News & Politics > Culture War
October 22 2021 5.01pm

Culture War

Previous Topic | Next Topic


Page 13 of 17 < 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 >

 

Yellow Card - User has been warned of conduct on the messageboards View Hrolf The Ganger's Profile Hrolf The Ganger Flag 23 Sep 21 8.06pm Send a Private Message to Hrolf The Ganger Add Hrolf The Ganger as a friend

Originally posted by rikz

We can use common sense tho, it's rare enough for one person to randomly murder someone but to find 5 people capable of going out and killing someone just for the colour of their skin is near enough impossible. Why would a group of drug dealers decide to randomly go out and kill someone ?

The details are obviously open to question, but surely the thing that is most questionably is why this case is still making headlines when dozens of people have been murdered on the streets since then and have not received anything like the same coverage.

It is clear that the media are only interested in White on Black murders, which are relatively rare, while Black on Black and Black on White crime is ignored. The latter are just a bit embarrassing for BLM and all the usual self serving crowd.

It amazes me that anyone still takes Lawrence's mother seriously when only a while ago she was accusing the Fire Brigade of being racist. She is just an embodiment of the lengths that politicians will go to look virtuous and woke.

And then we have Stephen Lawrence Day. Where to begin on that one?


Edited by Hrolf The Ganger (23 Sep 2021 8.07pm)

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View croydon proud's Profile croydon proud Flag Any european country i fancy! 23 Sep 21 8.10pm Send a Private Message to croydon proud Add croydon proud as a friend

Originally posted by rikz

We can use common sense tho, it's rare enough for one person to randomly murder someone but to find 5 people capable of going out and killing someone just for the colour of their skin is near enough impossible. Why would a group of drug dealers decide to randomly go out and kill someone ?

They were acting hard, picked on two randoms, the fact that 5 attacked him means nothing, at football back in the day lots of people might set upon some others, if one was left behind and they laid in to him, and he died, it would be that exact scenario.A couple of them came to the palace /charlton game back in the day, cup i think, in the arthur by the holmesdale, thought they were well hard!

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Stirlingsays's Profile Stirlingsays Online Flag 23 Sep 21 8.15pm Send a Private Message to Stirlingsays Holmesdale Online Elite Member Add Stirlingsays as a friend

Originally posted by Hrolf The Ganger

The details are obviously open to question, but surely the thing that is most questionably is why this case is still making headlines when dozens of people have been murdered on the streets since then and have not received anything like the same coverage.

It is clear that the media are only interested in White on Black murders, which are relatively rare, while Black on Black and Black on White crime is ignored. The latter are just a bit embarrassing for BLM and all the usual self serving crowd.

It amazes me that anyone still takes Lawrence's mother seriously when only a while ago she was accusing the Fire Brigade of being racist. She is just an embodiment of the lengths that politicians will go to look virtuous and woke.

And then we have Stephen Lawrence Day. Where to begin on that one?


Edited by Hrolf The Ganger (23 Sep 2021 8.07pm)

What happened to her son was tragic but it doesn't change that, in my view, she's awful.

Also yep, what's happened around the Kriss Donald murder pretty much tells you everything you need to know about the priorities and interests of the institutions and media.

I think he had a bench named after him.......wrong skin colour.

Edited by Stirlingsays (23 Sep 2021 8.15pm)

 


'Who are you and how did you get in here? I'm a locksmith. And, I'm a locksmith.' (Leslie Nielsen)

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
Yellow Card - User has been warned of conduct on the messageboards View Hrolf The Ganger's Profile Hrolf The Ganger Flag 23 Sep 21 8.22pm Send a Private Message to Hrolf The Ganger Add Hrolf The Ganger as a friend

Originally posted by kuge

I suppose that your logic here is that because many Palace players are black there is no racism in football? I think you know that this is an argument so weak it might have trouble standing up.

Suppose I were to say that as many people of colour work in the NHS this is clear evidence that the organisation is free of racism and that they will not have experienced prejudice and discrimination. Just because people are employed does not mean that they will be able to work untroubled by discrimination.

The generation of workers that were actively recruited by the NHS and London Transport to come and work in the UK have and still do experience racism every daily. If you speak to them they will tell you what they are experiencing, is that not sufficient evidence that racism continues to be a problem in our society?

What it tells me is that anything that resembles true racism is clearly not much of an issue in Britain.

It also tells me that the endless whine of media race baiting is massively disproportionate to the tiny problem of online racist abuse and so called racism in general.

Furthermore, it makes it clear that a massive disproportion of Black players in the Premier League doesn't seem to be a problem for anyone, but the fact that we have the only Black manager in the League seems to be grounds for accusations of racism by the usual suspects, when 1 in 20 managers is roughly in line with the Black population.

Edited by Hrolf The Ganger (23 Sep 2021 8.23pm)

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View rikz's Profile rikz Flag Croydon 23 Sep 21 8.26pm Send a Private Message to rikz Add rikz as a friend

Originally posted by croydon proud

They were acting hard, picked on two randoms, the fact that 5 attacked him means nothing, at football back in the day lots of people might set upon some others, if one was left behind and they laid in to him, and he died, it would be that exact scenario.A couple of them came to the palace /charlton game back in the day, cup i think, in the arthur by the holmesdale, thought they were well hard!

Completely different scenarios, you get people killed in fights all the time but they're never premeditated, you just don't get a group of 5 people deciding to go out and randomly kill someone and out of everyone they could have killed, one happened to be stephen lawrence who was known to deal drugs and his mate who was living in and out of hostels.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View BlueJay's Profile BlueJay Flag UK 23 Sep 21 8.27pm Send a Private Message to BlueJay Add BlueJay as a friend

Originally posted by rikz

We can use common sense tho, it's rare enough for one person to randomly murder someone but to find 5 people capable of going out and killing someone just for the colour of their skin is near enough impossible. Why would a group of drug dealers decide to randomly go out and kill someone ?

Perhaps someone recorded saying that he wants to kill and skin black people alive, and who later did time for shouting n!gger at a black off duty police officer while Acourt (another member of this 'drug gang') veered his car at him, do not adhere to normal behaviour? I tend to believe this police officer was subject to an unprovoked racist attack based on the colour of his skin rather than 'did something' (drugs, sexual assault etc) to cause it. If there was evidence to the contrary I would believe that. The same with Stephen Lawrence. If the races were flipped around I'd feel the same way. Innocent people are often attacked, sometimes stabbed. Saying it's 'near impossible' is silly.

There is little sense in victim blaming just to counter the attention this event has since been given. Ultimately outside of all of that, Stephen Lawrence is still the innocent victim of a heinous act.

In essence we already know that multiple members of this group attacked or targetted people solely due to their race, because they have done so multiple times. There is zero evidence nor reason to believe that Stephen Lawrence was murdered due to a friend sexually assaulting someone, or a drug situation gone wrong.


Edited by BlueJay (23 Sep 2021 8.58pm)

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View croydon proud's Profile croydon proud Flag Any european country i fancy! 23 Sep 21 8.38pm Send a Private Message to croydon proud Add croydon proud as a friend

Originally posted by rikz

Completely different scenarios, you get people killed in fights all the time but they're never premeditated, you just don't get a group of 5 people deciding to go out and randomly kill someone and out of everyone they could have killed, one happened to be stephen lawrence who was known to deal drugs and his mate who was living in and out of hostels.

I doubt he was dealing drugs, he was getting home to another bus stop with his pal, they were just low lifes attacking 2 innocent black kids, they didn"t need a reason, just wanted to show each other how hard they were- or not as we know!Stephen went to a good school, was going to be an architect and probably would have made it, just because the word on the street in a Mill/charlton infested Eltham tries to dirty his name doesn"t mean anything-thats to be expected.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View kuge's Profile kuge Flag Peckham 23 Sep 21 9.25pm Send a Private Message to kuge Add kuge as a friend

Originally posted by Stirlingsays

Name me a multicultural/racial society that has ever existed that doesn't have 'racism' claims.

Most racism claims are subjectivity.....a display of power structures. No one who isn't white can get treated badly without it apparently being for racist reasons.

The only societies that don't have 'racism' claims are homogeneous ones.

Edited by Stirlingsays (23 Sep 2021 7.58pm)

I agree that multiculturalism in many societies can lead to tensions, however, many other things such as differences in religion have the same effect. For instance, the longstanding stresses between Protestants and Catholics have since the reformation been the cause of hundreds of thousands of deaths. (Apologies for introducing the Huguenots into a discussion again). Likewise, tensions between different branches of Islam have been and continue to be the cause of much misery. Although the people themselves could be considered culturally very close relatively small differences in the practice of the same religion set them against each other.

You appear to be saying there will always be racism so the victims of it should just get used to it. If the same argument was applied to crime or decease I don’t this that society would tolerate it.

There is a lot of cancer around, get used to it because there always has been or people get murdered - well that’s just what happens. Society will always seek to address the problems that afflict it because society is about making things better for everyone no just individuals. The sick and victims of crime are the concern of us all. Racism is everyone’s problem, not just those that suffer it. As Walt Whitman wrote, “Whoever degrades another degrades me, and whatever is done or said returns at last to me”.

Edited by kuge (23 Sep 2021 9.26pm)

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View rikz's Profile rikz Flag Croydon 23 Sep 21 9.38pm Send a Private Message to rikz Add rikz as a friend

Originally posted by croydon proud

I doubt he was dealing drugs, he was getting home to another bus stop with his pal, they were just low lifes attacking 2 innocent black kids, they didn"t need a reason, just wanted to show each other how hard they were- or not as we know!Stephen went to a good school, was going to be an architect and probably would have made it, just because the word on the street in a Mill/charlton infested Eltham tries to dirty his name doesn"t mean anything-thats to be expected.

Promising footballer aswell ?

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View croydon proud's Profile croydon proud Flag Any european country i fancy! 23 Sep 21 9.55pm Send a Private Message to croydon proud Add croydon proud as a friend

Originally posted by rikz

Promising footballer aswell ?

No idea !

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Stirlingsays's Profile Stirlingsays Online Flag 23 Sep 21 10.00pm Send a Private Message to Stirlingsays Holmesdale Online Elite Member Add Stirlingsays as a friend

Originally posted by kuge

I agree that multiculturalism in many societies can lead to tensions, however, many other things such as differences in religion have the same effect. For instance, the longstanding stresses between Protestants and Catholics have since the reformation been the cause of hundreds of thousands of deaths. (Apologies for introducing the Huguenots into a discussion again). Likewise, tensions between different branches of Islam have been and continue to be the cause of much misery. Although the people themselves could be considered culturally very close relatively small differences in the practice of the same religion set them against each other.

You appear to be saying there will always be racism so the victims of it should just get used to it. If the same argument was applied to crime or decease I don’t this that society would tolerate it.

There is a lot of cancer around, get used to it because there always has been or people get murdered - well that’s just what happens. Society will always seek to address the problems that afflict it because society is about making things better for everyone no just individuals. The sick and victims of crime are the concern of us all. Racism is everyone’s problem, not just those that suffer it. As Walt Whitman wrote, “Whoever degrades another degrades me, and whatever is done or said returns at last to me”.

Edited by kuge (23 Sep 2021 9.26pm)


Your first port of call is to relate tensions that come from multiculturalism to tensions from religions. At first glance this is a good comparison though obviously not exact.

You appear to miss the very obvious response to the inevitability of racism being homogeneous societies. The only reason that Catholics and Protestants stopped killing each other in the UK was because the Protestants won and the Catholics were kept in their place all the way uptil atheism took over as the dominant position in Europe....I'd say sometime post 60s.

That's the only way societies can truly be harmonious, when one culture is the mainstream.....unfiltered multiculturalism has been an utter failure.

You seem to be suggesting that the solution to multiculturalism is indoctrination of groups against tribal self interest?.....Is this your idea of how they should relate to each other? Like I said to you, there has never been a time or place in history where this has worked. I asked you to counter that and you ignored it....I think that is telling.

I put it that indoctrination into a 'CRT' like system can only lead to increasing polarisation and balkanization.....indeed, if you look at demographical maps that's the practical outcome of increasing multiculturalism....different birds not flocking together as Ali meant all those years ago....everyone likes flowery words without actually looking at the results on the ground.

Relating group preference to crime or disease is just unworkable.....should we do that with class? Because that's far more common and actually has far more inpact on how well someone does? Is inequality a disease as well? It all sounds as realistic as communism was.

No, what is natural to the human being isn't a disease or a crime. I put it to you that those with these ideas are far more harmful to society that ten million Alf Garnetts ever could be.

All these ideas do is worsen social cohesion, turn people into liars and demonise people for natural behaviour. These ideas encourage the very stuff they explicitly say they oppose.....indeed, they have created an industry to look for any infringements to their ideology. Indeed, they don't even impose their ideas evenly creating 'protected groups' and ignoring tribal self interest from them and hunting for it only in Europeans.

No one was asked or given a choice.

People in Japan are happy living their lives without radicals calling them racists because your ideas don't have power there. They get to live without an industry and activists looking to destroy their lives for natural behaviours. Those polls showed how little they know about what would be waiting for them.

But in Europe the working classes have been forced to live out the fantasies of elites and globalists...and any that object are demonised.


Edited by Stirlingsays (23 Sep 2021 10.12pm)

 


'Who are you and how did you get in here? I'm a locksmith. And, I'm a locksmith.' (Leslie Nielsen)

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View rikz's Profile rikz Flag Croydon 23 Sep 21 10.13pm Send a Private Message to rikz Add rikz as a friend

Originally posted by croydon proud

No idea !

So are all these black kids who are murdered in London stabbed for no other reason than the fact wannabe hard men want to show how tough they are ? Because they all seem to be young loveable promising footballers who were going to be architects aswell.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply

 

Page 13 of 17 < 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 >

Previous Topic | Next Topic

You are here: Home > Message Board > News & Politics > Culture War