You are here: Home > Message Board > News & Politics > Energy Companies Going Bust
December 8 2021 12.36am

Energy Companies Going Bust

Previous Topic | Next Topic


Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >

 

View chris123's Profile chris123 Flag hove actually 23 Sep 21 11.07am Send a Private Message to chris123 Add chris123 as a friend

Originally posted by cryrst

France has a glut of energy as they have nuclear power plants. Didn't listen to the doom mongers and CND types and now because we did we are fecked.
The minority won again, which seems to be an ongoing issue in the UK. I'm pissed off that my voice is never heard.

France imports most of its gas though.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Palace Old Geezer's Profile Palace Old Geezer Flag Midhurst 23 Sep 21 1.33pm Send a Private Message to Palace Old Geezer Add Palace Old Geezer as a friend

Originally posted by chris123

When the old monopoly was split up, the infrastructure bit became Transco, and Transco is now part of National Grid - nothing to do with British Gas.

Thank you and Badger for clarifying that. I can't keep up. Anyway, I still feel more comfortable with a BG contract than a smaller, unknown outfit.

Mind you, BG also bill me for the electricity I use. I don't pretend to understand this stuff, but at my time of life I really don't care as long as the lights switch on and off and the TV works.

 


Dad and I watched games standing on the muddy slope of the Holmesdale Road end. He cheered and I rattled.

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Stirlingsays's Profile Stirlingsays Online Flag 23 Sep 21 1.40pm Send a Private Message to Stirlingsays Holmesdale Online Elite Member Add Stirlingsays as a friend

Energy security requires elites to make short term expensive but logically long term sensible decisions.

In democracies...the incentive is to kick the can down the road.

As usual it appears that the country was and generally still is ill served.

Modern nuclear was a no brainer.

Edited by Stirlingsays (23 Sep 2021 1.46pm)

 


'Who are you and how did you get in here? I'm a locksmith. And, I'm a locksmith.' (Leslie Nielsen)

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Stirlingsays's Profile Stirlingsays Online Flag 23 Sep 21 1.45pm Send a Private Message to Stirlingsays Holmesdale Online Elite Member Add Stirlingsays as a friend

It's the vulnerable who really suffer.

Whether it's housing or energy prices those with more money will get through. It's like inflation....it doesn't really affect those with money, but for the poor it's effectively a direct tax.

Governments don't use joined up thinking, they are a collection of 'here today, gone tomorrow' careerists who are mostly figureheads for 'not fit for purpose' departments.....full of public school mediocracy.

 


'Who are you and how did you get in here? I'm a locksmith. And, I'm a locksmith.' (Leslie Nielsen)

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View steeleye20's Profile steeleye20 Flag Croydon 23 Sep 21 1.53pm Send a Private Message to steeleye20 Add steeleye20 as a friend

There is no limit to the greed selfishness and cruelty of the conservative party.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
Yellow Card - User has been warned of conduct on the messageboards View DanH's Profile DanH Flag SW2 23 Sep 21 1.54pm Send a Private Message to DanH Add DanH as a friend

Originally posted by Stirlingsays

It's the vulnerable who really suffer.

Whether it's housing or energy prices those with more money will get through. It's like inflation....it doesn't really affect those with money, but for the poor it's effectively a direct tax.

Governments don't use joined up thinking, they are a collection of 'here today, gone tomorrow' careerists who are mostly figureheads for 'not fit for purpose' departments.....full of public school mediocracy.

I feel dirty when I agree with every word you say.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View chris123's Profile chris123 Flag hove actually 23 Sep 21 1.56pm Send a Private Message to chris123 Add chris123 as a friend

Originally posted by Palace Old Geezer

Thank you and Badger for clarifying that. I can't keep up. Anyway, I still feel more comfortable with a BG contract than a smaller, unknown outfit.

Mind you, BG also bill me for the electricity I use. I don't pretend to understand this stuff, but at my time of life I really don't care as long as the lights switch on and off and the TV works.

British Gas electricity comes from nuclear and renewable sources.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Palace Old Geezer's Profile Palace Old Geezer Flag Midhurst 23 Sep 21 2.06pm Send a Private Message to Palace Old Geezer Add Palace Old Geezer as a friend

Originally posted by chris123

British Gas electricity comes from nuclear and renewable sources.

I guess that's a tad reassuring. In the common parlance often quoted on here, you appear to be ITK!

 


Dad and I watched games standing on the muddy slope of the Holmesdale Road end. He cheered and I rattled.

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
Yellow Card - User has been warned of conduct on the messageboards View Orange1290's Profile Orange1290 Online Flag 23 Sep 21 2.39pm Send a Private Message to Orange1290 Add Orange1290 as a friend

Originally posted by chris123

France imports most of its gas though.


Sure but it doesn't need anywhere near the amount the UK uses:

"Currently, about 90% of France's electricity comes from nuclear and renewable sources, while the remaining 10% mainly comes from fossil fuels."

"Most of the UK's electricity is produced by burning fossil fuels, mainly natural gas (42% in 2016) and coal (9% in 2016). A very small amount is produced from other fuels (3.1% in 2016)."

Two completely different long term energy strategies and France exports a lot of it's Nuclear produced electricity production to the UK.

 


Pro China, EU & Palestine

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View chris123's Profile chris123 Flag hove actually 23 Sep 21 2.50pm Send a Private Message to chris123 Add chris123 as a friend

Originally posted by Orange1290


Sure but it doesn't need anywhere near the amount the UK uses:

"Currently, about 90% of France's electricity comes from nuclear and renewable sources, while the remaining 10% mainly comes from fossil fuels."

"Most of the UK's electricity is produced by burning fossil fuels, mainly natural gas (42% in 2016) and coal (9% in 2016). A very small amount is produced from other fuels (3.1% in 2016)."

Two completely different long term energy strategies and France exports a lot of it's Nuclear produced electricity production to the UK.

I was answering a point raised upthread.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Stirlingsays's Profile Stirlingsays Online Flag 23 Sep 21 2.52pm Send a Private Message to Stirlingsays Holmesdale Online Elite Member Add Stirlingsays as a friend

Originally posted by DanH

I feel dirty when I agree with every word you say.

As long as you clear up afterwards I'm sure there's no harm.

I'd say social conservatism probably cares about more about the bottom end....so to speak than its more mainstream conservative brothers.

Edited by Stirlingsays (23 Sep 2021 2.52pm)

 


'Who are you and how did you get in here? I'm a locksmith. And, I'm a locksmith.' (Leslie Nielsen)

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Stirlingsays's Profile Stirlingsays Online Flag 23 Sep 21 3.29pm Send a Private Message to Stirlingsays Holmesdale Online Elite Member Add Stirlingsays as a friend

Originally posted by steeleye20

There is no limit to the greed selfishness and cruelty of the conservative party.

Valid criticisms can be made, though in truth Labour made no great changes in power.....made things worse in reality with GP contracts, selling the gold, not fixing energy nor housing.....it didn't take a rocket scientist to see problems.

However, the idea that the conservatives are something akin to evil is ridiculous. The sheer size of the welfare state attests to that.....You came back here, when you profess such dislike of the country.

I doubt it was for jars of marmite.

 


'Who are you and how did you get in here? I'm a locksmith. And, I'm a locksmith.' (Leslie Nielsen)

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply

 

Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >

Previous Topic | Next Topic

You are here: Home > Message Board > News & Politics > Energy Companies Going Bust