You are here: Home > Message Board > News & Politics > Energy Companies Going Bust
October 22 2021 4.18pm

Energy Companies Going Bust

Previous Topic | Next Topic


Page 4 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >

 

View Badger11's Profile Badger11 Flag Beckenham 24 Sep 21 9.10am Send a Private Message to Badger11 Add Badger11 as a friend

Originally posted by becky

A lot of that will come from the £90K+ consultants' salaries though.......not to mention the even better paid Management staff.

Edited by becky (24 Sep 2021 8.37am)

Somebody has to pay for all those diversity managers and trans support people. Not to mention all the translators.

 


One more point

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View ASCPFC's Profile ASCPFC Online Flag Pro-Cathedral/caravan park 24 Sep 21 10.19am Send a Private Message to ASCPFC Add ASCPFC as a friend

They're all back to my door, asking me to switch. Bring back the pandemic.

 


I used to put the manager's name in front of Red and Blue but got fed up with changing it. If someone cool becomes our manager then maybe..

Red and Blue Army!

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View cryrst's Profile cryrst Flag Chatham 24 Sep 21 4.53pm Send a Private Message to cryrst Add cryrst as a friend

Get a pipe to the EU thread.
Plenty of methane on there atm.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View braunstoneagle's Profile braunstoneagle Flag the middle of bumf*** nowhere... 25 Sep 21 10.01pm Send a Private Message to braunstoneagle Add braunstoneagle as a friend

.


Edited by braunstoneagle (26 Sep 2021 8.43am)

 


‘Football isn’t instant coffee. You have to work at it. You must grow the bean, grind it.’ Ian Holloway


Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View HKOwen's Profile HKOwen Flag Hong Kong 26 Sep 21 12.19am Send a Private Message to HKOwen Add HKOwen as a friend

Martin Lewis explained very clearly on Spectator TV that the higher prices not fully impacted yet due to the way the cap is calculated and the period in which it is done.

The free market is OK until companies with cr@p business plans are allowed to suck in customers with offers that are clearly too good to be true

 


A lie will travel half way around the world before the truth has got it's shoes on.

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View BlueJay's Profile BlueJay Flag UK 26 Sep 21 11.11pm Send a Private Message to BlueJay Add BlueJay as a friend

Please remember that tomorrow at 8pm we all have to go outside and bang pots and pans in support of petrol station workers.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View kuge's Profile kuge Flag Peckham 27 Sep 21 12.29am Send a Private Message to kuge Add kuge as a friend

Originally posted by cryrst

France has a glut of energy as they have nuclear power plants. Didn't listen to the doom mongers and CND types and now because we did we are fecked.
The minority won again, which seems to be an ongoing issue in the UK. I'm pissed off that my voice is never heard.

Many in the Green movement have in the past been strong advocates of nuclear energy. The cost of nuclear energy is, however, very high and getting higher. I doubt that many nuclear power stations built to traditional designs will be built in the coming decades as they are no longer economic. New small fission designs might have some use and there is still the promise that nuclear fusion will arrive soon (don’t hold your breath).

France’s investment in energy generation over the past 40 years was driven by precisely the ideas that have been discussed. At the time that Thatcher was selling off anything and everything and leaving it all to market forces, France was building infrastructure and energy security.

If you look at the cost projections it is clear that solar energy is already the cheapest for energy generation globally and it is rapidly getting cheaper. Wind power is very close behind.

The CND (Campaign for Nuclear Disarmament) is an organisation advocating muscular disarmament, the clue is in the name. Nothing to do with nuclear energy.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View kuge's Profile kuge Flag Peckham 27 Sep 21 12.34am Send a Private Message to kuge Add kuge as a friend

Originally posted by Stirlingsays

Oh baby, if and when that happens everything changes.

It's never going to happen at a cost that will make the energy generated economic. Maybe in 100 years on Mars

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Teddy Eagle's Profile Teddy Eagle Flag 27 Sep 21 12.40am Send a Private Message to Teddy Eagle Add Teddy Eagle as a friend

Originally posted by kuge

Many in the Green movement have in the past been strong advocates of nuclear energy. The cost of nuclear energy is, however, very high and getting higher. I doubt that many nuclear power stations built to traditional designs will be built in the coming decades as they are no longer economic. New small fission designs might have some use and there is still the promise that nuclear fusion will arrive soon (don’t hold your breath).

France’s investment in energy generation over the past 40 years was driven by precisely the ideas that have been discussed. At the time that Thatcher was selling off anything and everything and leaving it all to market forces, France was building infrastructure and energy security.

If you look at the cost projections it is clear that solar energy is already the cheapest for energy generation globally and it is rapidly getting cheaper. Wind power is very close behind.

The CND (Campaign for Nuclear Disarmament) is an organisation advocating muscular disarmament, the clue is in the name. Nothing to do with nuclear energy.

Muscular disarmament? Sounds like they’ve had it in for Connor Wickham.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View kuge's Profile kuge Flag Peckham 27 Sep 21 1.50am Send a Private Message to kuge Add kuge as a friend

Originally posted by kuge

Many in the Green movement have in the past been strong advocates of nuclear energy. The cost of nuclear energy is, however, very high and getting higher. I doubt that many nuclear power stations built to traditional designs will be built in the coming decades as they are no longer economic. New small fission designs might have some use and there is still the promise that nuclear fusion will arrive soon (don’t hold your breath).

France’s investment in energy generation over the past 40 years was driven by precisely the ideas that have been discussed. At the time that Thatcher was selling off anything and everything and leaving it all to market forces, France was building infrastructure and energy security.

If you look at the cost projections it is clear that solar energy is already the cheapest for energy generation globally and it is rapidly getting cheaper. Wind power is very close behind.

The CND (Campaign for Nuclear Disarmament) is an organisation advocating nuclear disarmament, the clue is in the name. Nothing to do with nuclear energy.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View kuge's Profile kuge Flag Peckham 27 Sep 21 1.53am Send a Private Message to kuge Add kuge as a friend

Originally posted by Teddy Eagle

Muscular disarmament? Sounds like they’ve had it in for Connor Wickham.

You are probably right. (Spellcheck &#128578

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Stirlingsays's Profile Stirlingsays Flag 27 Sep 21 2.12am Send a Private Message to Stirlingsays Holmesdale Online Elite Member Add Stirlingsays as a friend

Originally posted by kuge

It's never going to happen at a cost that will make the energy generated economic. Maybe in 100 years on Mars

If you look into the past many comments about future technologies said stuff like this.

Humanity will see.

 


'Who are you and how did you get in here? I'm a locksmith. And, I'm a locksmith.' (Leslie Nielsen)

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply

 

Page 4 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >

Previous Topic | Next Topic

You are here: Home > Message Board > News & Politics > Energy Companies Going Bust