You are here: Home > Message Board > Football Talk > Newcastle U FC
December 6 2021 9.05am

Newcastle U FC

Previous Topic | Next Topic


Page 4 of 22 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 >

 

View Lanzo-Ad's Profile Lanzo-Ad Flag Lanzarote 08 Oct 21 7.44am Send a Private Message to Lanzo-Ad Add Lanzo-Ad as a friend

Should have said living in the uk

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Badger11's Profile Badger11 Flag Beckenham 08 Oct 21 7.46am Send a Private Message to Badger11 Add Badger11 as a friend

Originally posted by Spiderman

Makes me seeth when people like Shearer, Ant &Dec who have been spouting off about racism/equality all these months, suddenly are celebrating the sale of their club to a regime ( and let’s face it, the regime have bought it) who don’t give a flying fig about women’s rights or Hunan rights.
This whole deal stinks of an underhand deal with PL


Agreed. See Shearer's comments on the BBC sports page, mealy mouth to say the least. Apparently though murdering journalists doesn't offend, execute gays, doesn't offend, support terrorist organisations and fund extremists doesn't offend, post a racist tweet however...

 


One more point

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Spiderman's Profile Spiderman Flag Horsham 08 Oct 21 8.06am Send a Private Message to Spiderman Add Spiderman as a friend

Originally posted by Badger11


Agreed. See Shearer's comments on the BBC sports page, mealy mouth to say the least. Apparently though murdering journalists doesn't offend, execute gays, doesn't offend, support terrorist organisations and fund extremists doesn't offend, post a racist tweet however...

[Link]

The irony of the NUFC flag “support our troops” seems to have been lost

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Spiderman's Profile Spiderman Flag Horsham 08 Oct 21 8.08am Send a Private Message to Spiderman Add Spiderman as a friend

Originally posted by taylors lovechild

Exactly. It's an absolute joke given bin Salman is listed as the head of PIF. I genuinely find it repulsive how excited Newcastle fans are at this deal.

Even more so people like Shearer

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Chubskip's Profile Chubskip Flag 08 Oct 21 8.09am Send a Private Message to Chubskip Add Chubskip as a friend

What I don't get are the fans now spending all the money on players. Where does financial fair play come in? I also feel for Steve Bruce who has done an outstanding job with no support from the owner. I get he's not sexy but history tells us to be careful what we wish for.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View rikz's Profile rikz Flag Croydon 08 Oct 21 9.00am Send a Private Message to rikz Add rikz as a friend

Newcastle will be massive, its just jealousy from other fans very few people would have been moaning on here if they bought palace.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View HKOwen's Profile HKOwen Flag Hong Kong 08 Oct 21 9.00am Send a Private Message to HKOwen Add HKOwen as a friend

Yes, yes and thrice yes.

Mike Ashley was vilified as almost satanic, now owned by people who behead, mutilate, stone etc etc.

I expect a few PL officials have nice new cars.

The whole thing just stinks

Originally posted by Spiderman

Makes me seeth when people like Shearer, Ant &Dec who have been spouting off about racism/equality all these months, suddenly are celebrating the sale of their club to a regime ( and let’s face it, the regime have bought it) who don’t give a flying fig about women’s rights or Hunan rights.
This whole deal stinks of an underhand deal with PL

 


A lie will travel half way around the world before the truth has got it's shoes on.

When conceited septuagenarians opine , best to ignore.

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View HKOwen's Profile HKOwen Flag Hong Kong 08 Oct 21 9.02am Send a Private Message to HKOwen Add HKOwen as a friend

Speculative and IMHO completely wrong

Originally posted by rikz

Newcastle will be massive, its just jealousy from other fans very few people would have been moaning on here if they bought palace.

 


A lie will travel half way around the world before the truth has got it's shoes on.

When conceited septuagenarians opine , best to ignore.

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View rikz's Profile rikz Flag Croydon 08 Oct 21 9.03am Send a Private Message to rikz Add rikz as a friend

Originally posted by HKOwen

Speculative and IMHO completely wrong

So how many fans on here are protesting against the government selling arms to the Saudis ?

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View taylors lovechild's Profile taylors lovechild Flag People's Republic of Gozo 08 Oct 21 9.14am Send a Private Message to taylors lovechild Add taylors lovechild as a friend

Originally posted by rikz

Newcastle will be massive, its just jealousy from other fans very few people would have been moaning on here if they bought palace.

I'm not so sure. Although we'd all like Palace to win a trophy (other than the Zenith Data Systems Cup!) I don't think we have this blinkered belief that we deserve to be near the top, which is something that haunts fans of clubs like Newcastle, Leeds and West Ham and which perhaps turns off their morality switch.

Personally, I would rather Palace be relegated than become the plaything of a murderous despot. Or maybe you think Jordan should have sold to Gaddafi when he had the chance? Maybe then we might have an FA Cup in the cabinet (albeit with a spot of blood on the handle)

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View rikz's Profile rikz Flag Croydon 08 Oct 21 9.20am Send a Private Message to rikz Add rikz as a friend

Originally posted by taylors lovechild

I'm not so sure. Although we'd all like Palace to win a trophy (other than the Zenith Data Systems Cup!) I don't think we have this blinkered belief that we deserve to be near the top, which is something that haunts fans of clubs like Newcastle, Leeds and West Ham and which perhaps turns off their morality switch.

Personally, I would rather Palace be relegated than become the plaything of a murderous despot. Or maybe you think Jordan should have sold to Gaddafi when he had the chance? Maybe then we might have an FA Cup in the cabinet (albeit with a spot of blood on the handle)

It's just football, a competitive sport, nothing more. All fans should only care about their club being the best and without money that's impossible. There's no need for any politics in football, its hypocritical for the Premier league to have blm, pride and then allow Saudi owners but I don't see why Newcastle football supporters should have to be bothered about world politics when they're just supporting a football club.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View taylors lovechild's Profile taylors lovechild Flag People's Republic of Gozo 08 Oct 21 9.28am Send a Private Message to taylors lovechild Add taylors lovechild as a friend

Originally posted by rikz

It's just football, a competitive sport, nothing more. All fans should only care about their club being the best and without money that's impossible. There's no need for any politics in football, its hypocritical for the Premier league to have blm, pride and then allow Saudi owners but I don't see why Newcastle football supporters should have to be bothered about world politics when they're just supporting a football club.

I think that's an easy get out. I mean, would they still say the same if the money was raised by selling child p***. or from sex trafficking? Or is there a barometer of terrible crimes? It doesn't mean you should stop supporting your club, but by celebrating it in such a grandiose style you're essentially celebrating the new Emperor as he marches into St James Park on the bones of his victims. Also, murder isn't political, it's just murder. If the Saudis can buy governments they can easily buy the PL.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply

 

Page 4 of 22 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 >

Previous Topic | Next Topic

You are here: Home > Message Board > Football Talk > Newcastle U FC