You are here: Home > Message Board > News & Politics > Rafiq
January 29 2022 2.06pm

Rafiq

Previous Topic | Next Topic


Page 72 of 76 < 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 >

 

View Hrolf The Ganger's Profile Hrolf The Ganger Flag 28 Nov 21 10.27pm Send a Private Message to Hrolf The Ganger Add Hrolf The Ganger as a friend

Originally posted by Wisbech Eagle

They absolutely did what they should do. Allowing a powerful person to spread misinformation (not just alternative opinion) needed to be curtailed, whoever they might be. Political opinion wasn't the issue. It was outright lies. Alternative facts don't exist.

The companies were incredibly patient and gave several warnings. There is a world of difference between someone posting opinions you don't like, or share, as you seem to with mine, and someone repeatedly posting things they have been told are unacceptable. Notably, things which are demonstrably untrue.

Give over. Your 'misinformation' is to suppose that all politicians don't lie and spin and that Trump was somehow the only politician that did.
No doubt you will come out with some old cobbers about his lies being worse than somebody else's.
That is clearly just blinkered, self serving twaddle.

The Biden team and the many allies in the media told lies every day during the last election.
Why don't you think they should be shut down too?

The answer is that you are also a politician in the broad sense. You deal in spin, lies, accusations and misinformation.

You will never admit that because it is all part of the show.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Wisbech Eagle's Profile Wisbech Eagle Flag Truro Cornwall 28 Nov 21 10.59pm Send a Private Message to Wisbech Eagle Add Wisbech Eagle as a friend

Originally posted by Hrolf The Ganger

Give over. Your 'misinformation' is to suppose that all politicians don't lie and spin and that Trump was somehow the only politician that did.
No doubt you will come out with some old cobbers about his lies being worse than somebody else's.
That is clearly just blinkered, self serving twaddle.

The Biden team and the many allies in the media told lies every day during the last election.
Why don't you think they should be shut down too?

The answer is that you are also a politician in the broad sense. You deal in spin, lies, accusations and misinformation.

You will never admit that because it is all part of the show.

Spin is indeed what all politicians, and journalists do. This is simply shaping the presentation of a story to communicate a message that suits your agenda. Indeed, we all do that.

Outright lies are on another level and those who do so tend to get exposed pretty rapidly, especially these days with so many people pouring over every word and with instant communication available.

Not speaking all the truth isn't lying. Biden and his team doubtless did that sometimes. All politicians do. Sometimes they have to, when keeping things secret is necessary. He though wasn't, and isn't, exceptional.

You have a thing about Biden. You don't like him, or anyone like him. That clouds your judgement.

If you regard the fact that Trump was, and is, several mountains higher in his approach as "twaddle" so be it. I won't change your mind, but it doesn't stop it being true.

Trump isn't a politician. He is a property developer and hotel owner, with a highly suspicious background, whose style resembles a mob boss, turned reality TV host. Who managed to con enough people that his undoubted charisma was enough to reform Washington. He has no scruples, and none of the hard won experience that enables a politician to understand the difference between spinning and lying. Trump doesn't even know that he is lying. Truth, for him, is whatever comes out of his mouth.

So yes, there is a big difference. It's sad that so many in the USA still don't see it, but even sadder that a few here don't either. Most do.

Edited by Wisbech Eagle (28 Nov 2021 11.01pm)

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View cryrst's Profile cryrst Flag Chatham 28 Nov 21 11.15pm Send a Private Message to cryrst Add cryrst as a friend

Originally posted by Wisbech Eagle

Thanks. That made me smile. Creative, even if pretty daft.

That's your problem. You didn't need the last four words but have to feel in charge or on top. Just from that I deduce you have got a narcissistic personality.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View cryrst's Profile cryrst Flag Chatham 28 Nov 21 11.16pm Send a Private Message to cryrst Add cryrst as a friend

[Link]

Maybe this will help

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Wisbech Eagle's Profile Wisbech Eagle Flag Truro Cornwall 29 Nov 21 6.58am Send a Private Message to Wisbech Eagle Add Wisbech Eagle as a friend

Originally posted by cryrst

That's your problem. You didn't need the last four words but have to feel in charge or on top. Just from that I deduce you have got a narcissistic personality.

Need? No, of course not, just as you had no need to chip in.

I was just setting the record straight, staying in the same light-hearted spirit.

Does it make me narcissistic? I doubt it, but everyone's entitled to their opinion.

Why does someone feel the need to chip in? I'll keep my opinion on that to myself.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Wisbech Eagle's Profile Wisbech Eagle Flag Truro Cornwall 29 Nov 21 7.00am Send a Private Message to Wisbech Eagle Add Wisbech Eagle as a friend

Originally posted by cryrst

[Link]

Maybe this will help

Maybe yourself, although not with the mods.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Hrolf The Ganger's Profile Hrolf The Ganger Flag 29 Nov 21 7.44am Send a Private Message to Hrolf The Ganger Add Hrolf The Ganger as a friend

Originally posted by Wisbech Eagle

Spin is indeed what all politicians, and journalists do. This is simply shaping the presentation of a story to communicate a message that suits your agenda. Indeed, we all do that.

Outright lies are on another level and those who do so tend to get exposed pretty rapidly, especially these days with so many people pouring over every word and with instant communication available.

Not speaking all the truth isn't lying. Biden and his team doubtless did that sometimes. All politicians do. Sometimes they have to, when keeping things secret is necessary. He though wasn't, and isn't, exceptional.

You have a thing about Biden. You don't like him, or anyone like him. That clouds your judgement.

If you regard the fact that Trump was, and is, several mountains higher in his approach as "twaddle" so be it. I won't change your mind, but it doesn't stop it being true.

Trump isn't a politician. He is a property developer and hotel owner, with a highly suspicious background, whose style resembles a mob boss, turned reality TV host. Who managed to con enough people that his undoubted charisma was enough to reform Washington. He has no scruples, and none of the hard won experience that enables a politician to understand the difference between spinning and lying. Trump doesn't even know that he is lying. Truth, for him, is whatever comes out of his mouth.

So yes, there is a big difference. It's sad that so many in the USA still don't see it, but even sadder that a few here don't either. Most do.

Edited by Wisbech Eagle (28 Nov 2021 11.01pm)

You cannot be serious.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View HKOwen's Profile HKOwen Flag Hong Kong 29 Nov 21 12.06pm Send a Private Message to HKOwen Add HKOwen as a friend

Please refer to the second part of my signature

 


A lie will travel half way around the world before the truth has got it's shoes on.

When conceited septuagenarians opine , best to ignore.

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Wisbech Eagle's Profile Wisbech Eagle Flag Truro Cornwall 29 Nov 21 1.05pm Send a Private Message to Wisbech Eagle Add Wisbech Eagle as a friend

Originally posted by Hrolf The Ganger

You cannot be serious.

Of course, I am.

It is completely usual for politicians and journalists to be selective in the facts they present. Only in a court are you required to tell "the truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth". It isn't lying. It's spinning. You do it yourself. Lying is saying something untrue. Missing something out isn't.

Go read any national newspaper for the evidence.

As for Biden, I refer you to your previous posts and rest my case. That claim meets the court test without any difficulty.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Hrolf The Ganger's Profile Hrolf The Ganger Flag 29 Nov 21 1.12pm Send a Private Message to Hrolf The Ganger Add Hrolf The Ganger as a friend

Originally posted by Wisbech Eagle

Of course, I am.

It is completely usual for politicians and journalists to be selective in the facts they present. Only in a court are you required to tell "the truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth". It isn't lying. It's spinning. You do it yourself. Lying is saying something untrue. Missing something out isn't.

Go read any national newspaper for the evidence.

As for Biden, I refer you to your previous posts and rest my case. That claim meets the court test without any difficulty.

Get on your way Wisbech.

You are the biggest bulls***ter I have encountered on any site.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View HKOwen's Profile HKOwen Flag Hong Kong 29 Nov 21 2.57pm Send a Private Message to HKOwen Add HKOwen as a friend

Please refer to the second part of my signature

 


A lie will travel half way around the world before the truth has got it's shoes on.

When conceited septuagenarians opine , best to ignore.

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Forest Hillbilly's Profile Forest Hillbilly Flag in a hidey-hole 29 Nov 21 4.27pm Send a Private Message to Forest Hillbilly Add Forest Hillbilly as a friend

Wisbech is entitled to (voice) his/her opinion on matters. Whilst it may be his/her opinion, his posts seem to be very much FACT. And unwaveringly so. This inhibits a fair bit of discussion, as Wisbech inevitably announces that he is correct in anything he says. FACT.

For someone so educated and experienced in life, I wonder why he/she wastes their time in internet football forums. Probably a bit like a lot of us, in that we are giving a snaphot of our own experiences and opinions thus formed.

Hoping he'll mellow a bit,

 


,.,.,..,

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply

 

Page 72 of 76 < 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 >

Previous Topic | Next Topic

You are here: Home > Message Board > News & Politics > Rafiq