You are here: Home > Message Board > News & Politics > CONservative government incompetence.
October 2 2022 4.30pm

CONservative government incompetence.

Previous Topic | Next Topic


Page 191 of 196 < 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 >

 

View Mapletree's Profile Mapletree Flag Croydon 18 Sep 22 5.42pm Send a Private Message to Mapletree Add Mapletree as a friend

Originally posted by Stirlingsays

The EU says that excess mortality deaths have hit +16% higher than normal. There seems to be very little analysis of this in the media.

Edited by Stirlingsays (18 Sep 2022 5.22pm)

I don't know what point you are trying to make, probably anti something or other

According to the Office for Health Improvement and Disparities (OHID) cardiovascular causes show significant excess mortality. For example, heart disease, heart failure and circulatory diseases. Deaths from diabetes, the urinary system, and respiratory infections are also elevated, though for the latter most of the excess is from COVID. Other significant causes of death, including cancer and dementia, are at or below normal levels.

For now, a working hypothesis for the increase in the UK is some combination of:

(1) Elevated cardiovascular risk following COVID infection
(2) Current delays for urgent treatment in the NHS
(3) Missed and delayed diagnoses earlier in the pandemic

Well, who would have guessed that eh?

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Stirlingsays's Profile Stirlingsays Flag 18 Sep 22 6.33pm Send a Private Message to Stirlingsays Holmesdale Online Elite Member Add Stirlingsays as a friend

Originally posted by Mapletree

I don't know what point you are trying to make, probably anti something or other

According to the Office for Health Improvement and Disparities (OHID) cardiovascular causes show significant excess mortality. For example, heart disease, heart failure and circulatory diseases. Deaths from diabetes, the urinary system, and respiratory infections are also elevated, though for the latter most of the excess is from COVID. Other significant causes of death, including cancer and dementia, are at or below normal levels.

For now, a working hypothesis for the increase in the UK is some combination of:

(1) Elevated cardiovascular risk following COVID infection
(2) Current delays for urgent treatment in the NHS
(3) Missed and delayed diagnoses earlier in the pandemic

Well, who would have guessed that eh?

I said at the beginning that more people would die from the response to the pandemic than from the actual pandemic itself. I honestly expected this to happen much more gradually.

As for what is causing this.....I have my suspicions and it's obviously multi factorial, but I will wait till those I regard as financially impartial produce analysis on it.

 


'Who are you and how did you get in here? I'm a locksmith. And, I'm a locksmith.' (Leslie Nielsen)

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View croydon proud's Profile croydon proud Flag Any european country i fancy! 18 Sep 22 6.46pm Send a Private Message to croydon proud Add croydon proud as a friend

Originally posted by Badger11

You are such a tease CP we know you don't mean it.

Reverse psychology Badger? Now I know you must really hate me!

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View cryrst's Profile cryrst Flag The garden of England 18 Sep 22 6.59pm Send a Private Message to cryrst Add cryrst as a friend

Originally posted by Mapletree

The Resolution Foundation said wealth had increased during lockdown as a result of a lack of spending opportunities and rising house prices, but the benefits had been skewed to the richest by a ratio of more than 500 to 1.

Jack Leslie, a senior economist at the thinktank, said it was rare for wealth to increase during a recession but the impact of events during 2020 and 2021 had been to ďturbo-chargeĒ the gap between rich and poor.

So thatís all good then. No need for any rebalancing as the rich are doing so much for the rest of us


In 2015-16 the average rate of tax paid by people who received one million pounds in taxable income and gains was just 35 per cent: the same as someone earning £100,000. But one in four of these paid 45 per cent Ė close to the top rate Ė whilst another quarter paid less than 30 per cent overall. One in ten paid just 11 per centóthe same as someone earning £15,000. The rich, it seems, are not all in it together.

These low rates are not driven by complex tax avoidance schemes; theyíre part of how our system is designed. Where you get your money from (or at least how you package it) matters, because investment income and capital gains are taxed at lower rates than income from work. Whatís more, as the National Audit Office recently highlighted, the government offers tax reliefs claimed to incentivise activities like entrepreneurship, without actually checking whether they achieve these aims.

Quoted from London school of economics

One million PA isnít near the top 1% though!

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Mapletree's Profile Mapletree Flag Croydon 18 Sep 22 10.17pm Send a Private Message to Mapletree Add Mapletree as a friend

Originally posted by cryrst

One million PA isnít near the top 1% though!

According to Bloomberg the highest-earning 1% of adults have incomes above 130,000 pounds.
The top 0.1% had incomes in excess of 500,000 pounds

The U.K. tax system continues to favor the 500,000 highest-earning people in the country and should be overhauled, according to the Institute for Fiscal Studies.

The top 1% enjoy ďpreferentialĒ rates over wage earners because they get more of their income from more lightly taxed sources, the influential think tank said in a report published In April.

Edited by Mapletree (18 Sep 2022 10.19pm)

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Mapletree's Profile Mapletree Flag Croydon 18 Sep 22 10.21pm Send a Private Message to Mapletree Add Mapletree as a friend

Originally posted by Stirlingsays

I said at the beginning that more people would die from the response to the pandemic than from the actual pandemic itself. I honestly expected this to happen much more gradually.

As for what is causing this.....I have my suspicions and it's obviously multi factorial, but I will wait till those I regard as financially impartial produce analysis on it.

Ah yes. As usual instead of looking at primary research sources you search the web to find some support for the conspiracy theories you love to waste your life on.

I canít remember the last time you quoted peer reviewed primary research. Too many inconvenient truths

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Stirlingsays's Profile Stirlingsays Flag 18 Sep 22 11.00pm Send a Private Message to Stirlingsays Holmesdale Online Elite Member Add Stirlingsays as a friend

Originally posted by Mapletree

Ah yes. As usual instead of looking at primary research sources you search the web to find some support for the conspiracy theories you love to waste your life on.

I canít remember the last time you quoted peer reviewed primary research. Too many inconvenient truths

Unlike you I don't quote what ends up being curated half truth.

I wait....and I will wait here.

 


'Who are you and how did you get in here? I'm a locksmith. And, I'm a locksmith.' (Leslie Nielsen)

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View cryrst's Profile cryrst Flag The garden of England 19 Sep 22 5.33am Send a Private Message to cryrst Add cryrst as a friend

Originally posted by Mapletree

According to Bloomberg the highest-earning 1% of adults have incomes above 130,000 pounds.
The top 0.1% had incomes in excess of 500,000 pounds

The U.K. tax system continues to favor the 500,000 highest-earning people in the country and should be overhauled, according to the Institute for Fiscal Studies.

The top 1% enjoy ďpreferentialĒ rates over wage earners because they get more of their income from more lightly taxed sources, the influential think tank said in a report published In April.

Edited by Mapletree (18 Sep 2022 10.19pm)

Cool so because they have more of their earnings left itís wrong. The fact they pay around 30% of the total tax to hmg is right and you think it should be more.
Letís make everyone equal is really what you want I guess. Socialism put more people in the gutter that capitalism ever did.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Mapletree's Profile Mapletree Flag Croydon 19 Sep 22 9.47am Send a Private Message to Mapletree Add Mapletree as a friend

Originally posted by cryrst

Cool so because they have more of their earnings left itís wrong. The fact they pay around 30% of the total tax to hmg is right and you think it should be more.
Letís make everyone equal is really what you want I guess. Socialism put more people in the gutter that capitalism ever did.

I note your pivot when faced with facts

Uk society is becoming increasingly divided as the rich get richer and the poor get poorer. A core intention for Truss it seems. You really think that is correct? The rich get richer because they are rich, not because they work hard or smart. Personally I believe in progressing through merit.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Mapletree's Profile Mapletree Flag Croydon 19 Sep 22 9.48am Send a Private Message to Mapletree Add Mapletree as a friend

Originally posted by Stirlingsays

Unlike you I don't quote what ends up being curated half truth.

I wait....and I will wait here.

You donít believe In universities then? That explains a lot.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Stirlingsays's Profile Stirlingsays Flag 19 Sep 22 9.58am Send a Private Message to Stirlingsays Holmesdale Online Elite Member Add Stirlingsays as a friend

Originally posted by Mapletree

You donít believe In universities then? That explains a lot.

I believe that money makes things happen.

It decides what questions are asked and what topics aren't researched.

Perhaps you think you need to go to university to find that out but I regard it as common sense.

 


'Who are you and how did you get in here? I'm a locksmith. And, I'm a locksmith.' (Leslie Nielsen)

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Stirlingsays's Profile Stirlingsays Flag 19 Sep 22 10.11am Send a Private Message to Stirlingsays Holmesdale Online Elite Member Add Stirlingsays as a friend

The money involved in what happened directs policy in all manner of different organsiations....for example.

 


'Who are you and how did you get in here? I'm a locksmith. And, I'm a locksmith.' (Leslie Nielsen)

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply

 

Page 191 of 196 < 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 >

Previous Topic | Next Topic

You are here: Home > Message Board > News & Politics > CONservative government incompetence.