You are here: Home > Message Board > News & Politics > CONservative government incompetence.
February 5 2023 2.44pm

CONservative government incompetence.

Previous Topic | Next Topic


Page 415 of 431 < 411 412 413 414 415 416 417 418 419 >

 

View EverybodyDannsNow's Profile EverybodyDannsNow Flag SE19 23 Jan 23 10.33am Send a Private Message to EverybodyDannsNow Add EverybodyDannsNow as a friend

Originally posted by Grumbles

I see Tory Party Chairman Nadhim Zahawi says an error in his tax affairs was accepted by HMRC as having been "careless and not deliberate".

Surely for an Chancellor you would hope the any error was deliberate and caught rather than pure carelessness.

Time for him to go me thinks.

I often forget to declare it when I make an extra £30m - it's easily done.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Matov's Profile Matov Flag 23 Jan 23 11.03am Send a Private Message to Matov Add Matov as a friend

People in positions of important leadership should not be 'careless'. In my opinion, it's a worse crime than trying your hardest to swerve paying the tax.

 


"The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." - 1984 - George Orwell.

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View HKOwen's Profile HKOwen Flag Hong Kong 23 Jan 23 12.14pm Send a Private Message to HKOwen Add HKOwen as a friend

Zahawi should resign, however, who the Conservatives have as Chairman is their choice, but they must realise this looks terrible to the voter

 


Responsibility Deficit Disorder is a medical condition. Symptoms include inability to be corrected when wrong, false sense of superiority, desire to share personal info no else cares about, general hubris. It's a medical issue rather than pure arrogance.

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View steeleye20's Profile steeleye20 Flag Croydon 23 Jan 23 12.38pm Send a Private Message to steeleye20 Add steeleye20 as a friend

Originally posted by HKOwen

I assume from your lack of reply you don't work in a hospital.

How did you " see the instances " ?

If you do work in a hospital then fair enough and as I said before it's appalling anyone should wait 4 days , especially more than once as you state.

C4 News had a week on the NHS crisis last week.

This was actually Northern Ireland which surprised me as the population much less.

Yes they are queued up in corridors and get their plastic NHS meals there is nothing for them to do but wait I mean they must do something but they didn't say.

The senior consultants don't see any improvement and looked quite calm about it, its as though it has evolved and everyone just has to make the best of it.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View HKOwen's Profile HKOwen Flag Hong Kong 23 Jan 23 8.32pm Send a Private Message to HKOwen Add HKOwen as a friend

Originally posted by steeleye20

C4 News had a week on the NHS crisis last week.

This was actually Northern Ireland which surprised me as the population much less.

Yes they are queued up in corridors and get their plastic NHS meals there is nothing for them to do but wait I mean they must do something but they didn't say.

The senior consultants don't see any improvement and looked quite calm about it, its as though it has evolved and everyone just has to make the best of it.

Fair enough, you haven't seen any instances but are referring to something you saw on TV

The size of the population is irrelevant unless measured against something else such as beds or number of hospitals etc

Edited by HKOwen (23 Jan 2023 8.34pm)

 


Responsibility Deficit Disorder is a medical condition. Symptoms include inability to be corrected when wrong, false sense of superiority, desire to share personal info no else cares about, general hubris. It's a medical issue rather than pure arrogance.

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View nead1's Profile nead1 Flag 23 Jan 23 9.44pm Send a Private Message to nead1 Add nead1 as a friend

The state of the health service in NI is also tied in with the lack of a functioning Executive given health is a devolved matter. In some respects, its also linked to Brexit given the particular challenges associated with the Irish border issue.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Spiderman's Profile Spiderman Flag Horsham 23 Jan 23 10.12pm Send a Private Message to Spiderman Add Spiderman as a friend

Originally posted by steeleye20

C4 News had a week on the NHS crisis last week.

This was actually Northern Ireland which surprised me as the population much less.

Yes they are queued up in corridors and get their plastic NHS meals there is nothing for them to do but wait I mean they must do something but they didn't say.

The senior consultants don't see any improvement and looked quite calm about it, its as though it has evolved and everyone just has to make the best of it.

Would they be the type of senior consultants, who regularly cancelled my late mother-in-laws hospital appointments, due to being “unavailable “. ie doing private work

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Mapletree's Profile Mapletree Flag Croydon 23 Jan 23 10.27pm Send a Private Message to Mapletree Add Mapletree as a friend

Originally posted by HKOwen

Similarly legal requirement to recover fees from overseas students who studied in UK universities. The SLC failed to recover tens of millions. I would doubt much of the medical charges due are recovered.

Recovering funds from EU national schemes was supposedly reciprocal with UK people getting treatment in EU countries.

I would very much doubt any fees were recovered from non EU users of the NHS.

Don’t you trust the government.

Since 2018, a dedicated team of cost-recovery experts has been established to work with trusts. The expansion of this team will help the NHS to reclaim outstanding debts from overseas visitors who are required to pay for their care. These experts will work with existing cost-recovery managers in NHS trusts to:

provide additional time and human resource to help identify patients who should be charged, easing the administrative burden and speeding up the process
ensure the rules and exemptions are universally understood and consistently implemented in hospitals across the country, including making clear that urgent treatment should never be withheld
help improve the reporting of income and debt collection, ensuring chargeable tourists pay debts in full
The team will also help the NHS understand and implement the charging rules and processes for EEA visitors and migrants as part of preparations for leaving the EU. After Brexit, EEA nationals living lawfully in the UK can continue to use the NHS as they do now.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View HKOwen's Profile HKOwen Flag Hong Kong 24 Jan 23 12.21am Send a Private Message to HKOwen Add HKOwen as a friend

This has been going on for decades with different governments.

I have never questioned the right of eligible EU nationals to receive NHS care pre and pst Brexit.

From various posts on HOL it appears the EU has withdrawn the reciprocity to UK nationals in the EU but I am not sure and would be pleased to have some informed input on this.

 


Responsibility Deficit Disorder is a medical condition. Symptoms include inability to be corrected when wrong, false sense of superiority, desire to share personal info no else cares about, general hubris. It's a medical issue rather than pure arrogance.

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View The Dolphin's Profile The Dolphin Flag 24 Jan 23 7.14am Send a Private Message to The Dolphin Add The Dolphin as a friend

Originally posted by Mapletree

Don’t you trust the government.

Since 2018, a dedicated team of cost-recovery experts has been established to work with trusts. The expansion of this team will help the NHS to reclaim outstanding debts from overseas visitors who are required to pay for their care. These experts will work with existing cost-recovery managers in NHS trusts to:

provide additional time and human resource to help identify patients who should be charged, easing the administrative burden and speeding up the process
ensure the rules and exemptions are universally understood and consistently implemented in hospitals across the country, including making clear that urgent treatment should never be withheld
help improve the reporting of income and debt collection, ensuring chargeable tourists pay debts in full
The team will also help the NHS understand and implement the charging rules and processes for EEA visitors and migrants as part of preparations for leaving the EU. After Brexit, EEA nationals living lawfully in the UK can continue to use the NHS as they do now.

All the while the cost of recovery is likely more than the cost of the treatment!
Government advisors being what they are - it has ever been thus!

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Mapletree's Profile Mapletree Flag Croydon 24 Jan 23 9.47am Send a Private Message to Mapletree Add Mapletree as a friend

Originally posted by The Dolphin

All the while the cost of recovery is likely more than the cost of the treatment!
Government advisors being what they are - it has ever been thus!

Usual uninformed opinion.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Spiderman's Profile Spiderman Flag Horsham 24 Jan 23 9.54am Send a Private Message to Spiderman Add Spiderman as a friend

Originally posted by HKOwen

Similarly legal requirement to recover fees from overseas students who studied in UK universities. The SLC failed to recover tens of millions. I would doubt much of the medical charges due are recovered.

Recovering funds from EU national schemes was supposedly reciprocal with UK people getting treatment in EU countries.

I would very much doubt any fees were recovered from non EU users of the NHS.

TBF HK, money has been reclaimed from non-EU citizens ( nowhere near the outkay admittedly). Persons owing money could be placed on watchlist. I also spent many hours contacting hospitals and GP Surgeries advising that certain persons were not allowed to claim NHS treatment. Unfortunately the vast majority were not “interested” in assisting BF

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply

 

Page 415 of 431 < 411 412 413 414 415 416 417 418 419 >

Previous Topic | Next Topic

You are here: Home > Message Board > News & Politics > CONservative government incompetence.