You are here: Home > Message Board > News & Politics > CONservative government incompetence.
July 14 2024 2.57pm

CONservative government incompetence.

Previous Topic | Next Topic


Page 474 of 603 < 470 471 472 473 474 475 476 477 478 >

 

View HKOwen's Profile HKOwen Flag Hong Kong 22 May 23 11.20pm Send a Private Message to HKOwen Add HKOwen as a friend

Originally posted by Stirlingsays

This is what a high trust, low crime, monocultural society can look like.

We on the other hand were the island whose leaders decided to chose the opposite on all those metrics.

Edited by Stirlingsays (22 May 2023 6.16pm)

This is South Korea, you would have similar public honesty in Taiwan and Japan.

It's the modern version of having honesty boxes for green fees at golf courses with no regular staff

 


Responsibility Deficit Disorder is a medical condition. Symptoms include inability to be corrected when wrong, false sense of superiority, desire to share personal info no else cares about, general hubris. It's a medical issue rather than pure arrogance.

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Stirlingsays's Profile Stirlingsays Online Flag 22 May 23 11.29pm Send a Private Message to Stirlingsays Holmesdale Online Elite Member Add Stirlingsays as a friend

Originally posted by HKOwen

This is South Korea, you would have similar public honesty in Taiwan and Japan.

It's the modern version of having honesty boxes for green fees at golf courses with no regular staff

I have total respect for these societies.

I'll live and die a proud Englishman but...for its past, not the modern betrayals it has undergone.

 


'Who are you and how did you get in here? I'm a locksmith. And, I'm a locksmith.' (Leslie Nielsen)

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View cryrst's Profile cryrst Flag The garden of England 23 May 23 5.44am Send a Private Message to cryrst Add cryrst as a friend

Originally posted by HKOwen

This is South Korea, you would have similar public honesty in Taiwan and Japan.

It's the modern version of having honesty boxes for green fees at golf courses with no regular staff

Put that in the uk and within 4 hours it would be empty and on eBay.
When I was a kid my front door had a key in it all day to let myself in from playing.
Trust and a real neighbour hood. All gone now sadly.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View steeleye20's Profile steeleye20 Flag Croydon 25 May 23 8.32pm Send a Private Message to steeleye20 Add steeleye20 as a friend

'Broken pledge over 40 new hospitals will leave NHS crumbling, ministers told.'

58% of 'red wall' voters say Britain is not working, 78% say Britain is in decline.

I mean, it's not as if they voted for it, is it?

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View georgenorman's Profile georgenorman Flag 25 May 23 10.04pm Send a Private Message to georgenorman Add georgenorman as a friend

Originally posted by steeleye20

'Broken pledge over 40 new hospitals will leave NHS crumbling, ministers told.'

58% of 'red wall' voters say Britain is not working, 78% say Britain is in decline.

I mean, it's not as if they voted for it, is it?

You are like the Guardian but in the style of the Sun.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Hrolf The Ganger's Profile Hrolf The Ganger Flag 26 May 23 10.49am Send a Private Message to Hrolf The Ganger Add Hrolf The Ganger as a friend

Originally posted by steeleye20

'Broken pledge over 40 new hospitals will leave NHS crumbling, ministers told.'

58% of 'red wall' voters say Britain is not working, 78% say Britain is in decline.

I mean, it's not as if they voted for it, is it?

We all know the Tories have been less than impressive, but have you seen the shadow cabinet?

The obvious point is that the alternative party is not a better option. It's an embarrassment and will fail on every level.

I predict that they will last one term if they get elected.

If people must stick with the two main parties, then they need to be very carefully what they wish for. The Tories are the least worst option.

Die hard Tory hating lefties like yourself have absolutely no objectivity whatsoever, but the undecided voter usually tires of a Labour government very quickly and with good reason.

I pray for a viable alternative to the useless double act which will at least create the illusion of hope.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
MrWhyNot Flag 26 May 23 11.04am

Originally posted by Hrolf The Ganger

We all know the Tories have been less than impressive, but have you seen the shadow cabinet?

The obvious point is that the alternative party is not a better option. It's an embarrassment and will fail on every level.

I predict that they will last one term if they get elected.

If people must stick with the two main parties, then they need to be very carefully what they wish for. The Tories are the least worst option.

Die hard Tory hating lefties like yourself have absolutely no objectivity whatsoever, but the undecided voter usually tires of a Labour government very quickly and with good reason.

I pray for a viable alternative to the useless double act which will at least create the illusion of hope.

The issuse is at much that "at least we're not them" still works. A decade plus of majority rule where they've screwed up the country and ignored their own manifesto pledges like the plague. I'm sure they'll value votes next time as they did previously. Hopefully whoever you feel a viable alternative will get your vote, rather than this shower.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Quote this post in a reply
View steeleye20's Profile steeleye20 Flag Croydon 26 May 23 11.06am Send a Private Message to steeleye20 Add steeleye20 as a friend

Labour don't seem to be a party able to confront serious issues.

Transformational reform nah.

There is so much to be done, but as yet, it is not on their list.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
MrWhyNot Flag 26 May 23 11.09am

Originally posted by steeleye20

Labour don't seem to be a party able to confront serious issues.

Transformational reform nah.

There is so much to be done, but as yet, it is not on their list.

A wishy washy leader. Parties are as much voted out than in though and the current lot have done nothing for the country.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Quote this post in a reply
View Hrolf The Ganger's Profile Hrolf The Ganger Flag 26 May 23 11.13am Send a Private Message to Hrolf The Ganger Add Hrolf The Ganger as a friend

Originally posted by steeleye20

Labour don't seem to be a party able to confront serious issues.

Transformational reform nah.

There is so much to be done, but as yet, it is not on their list.

I sympathize with people with genuine left wing views. They don't have a viable party to represent them any more.

The Labour Party is only concerned with getting elected by saying anything they think people want to hear. Thee is no direction, policy, conviction or sincerity at all.

They are predictably more interested in keeping the minorities vote rather than looking after their traditional support.

Edited by Hrolf The Ganger (26 May 2023 11.14am)

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
MrWhyNot Flag 26 May 23 11.17am

Originally posted by Hrolf The Ganger

I sympathize with people with genuine left wing views. They don't have a viable party to represent them any more.

The Labour Party is only concerned with getting elected by saying anything they think people want to hear. Thee is no direction, policy, conviction or sincerity at all.

They are predictably more interested in keeping the minorities vote rather than looking after their traditional support.

Edited by Hrolf The Ganger (26 May 2023 11.14am)

Labour and Conservative are interchangable in this sentence. They represent themselves and their mates rather than the electorate.

Edited by MrWhyNot (26 May 2023 11.18am)

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Quote this post in a reply
View The Dolphin's Profile The Dolphin Flag 26 May 23 11.57am Send a Private Message to The Dolphin Add The Dolphin as a friend

I agree with that!
Trouble is - the shortermism.
If those in charge really cared for the Country they would put stuff in place that might not benefit them as a party but it is stuff that would benefit the Country in the long term.
If it was really big - like reforming the NHS - they could get stuff into law where any other party reneging on that policy would be seriously held to account.
However, what they all do in reality, is to do something that might get them re-elected in the short term.
No vision, no responsibility and few morals - all parties!

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply

 

Page 474 of 603 < 470 471 472 473 474 475 476 477 478 >

Previous Topic | Next Topic

You are here: Home > Message Board > News & Politics > CONservative government incompetence.