You are here: Home > Message Board > News & Politics > CONservative government incompetence.
July 19 2024 12.38am

CONservative government incompetence.

Previous Topic | Next Topic


Page 7 of 603 < 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 >

 

croydon proud Flag Any european country i fancy! 07 Dec 21 11.07pm

Originally posted by croydon proud

Im suprised sky haven"t picked up on the second video, maybe tomorrow it will break.

Perhaps its the drip drip feed that someone mentioned, keep the story going and the pressure building.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Quote this post in a reply
croydon proud Flag Any european country i fancy! 07 Dec 21 11.21pm

Originally posted by croydon proud

Perhaps its the drip drip feed that someone mentioned, keep the story going and the pressure building.

The Observer chief writer Sonya Sober has just mentioned on the sky press preview there"s another video to come, featuring a top tory, thats Jacob! Drip, drip ,drip, the CONservative chap wanted to know who it is, but she wouldn"t say.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Quote this post in a reply
View DanH's Profile DanH Flag SW2 07 Dec 21 11.37pm Send a Private Message to DanH Add DanH as a friend

Feels like nails going in to a coffin.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
croydon proud Flag Any european country i fancy! 07 Dec 21 11.40pm

Originally posted by DanH

Feels like nails going in to a coffin.

That"s great, and not even mentioned Jacob yet, that"s for Thursday!

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Quote this post in a reply
View Matov's Profile Matov Flag 08 Dec 21 12.14am Send a Private Message to Matov Add Matov as a friend

It's not a good look, I would concede. But it's very much after the fact. Not sure it will have that much of an impact,long term.

The interesting part is how/why that video was leaked. My understanding and I would be very happy to be put right on this, is that it was shot very much on the basis of being 'off the record' as part of a test run for a new press room. By allowing it to become public record, ITV run the risk of having their knees chopped off by the Number 10 Press Office.

Not defending how the game is played but it is part of it all and whilst I get why many on the Left, along with quite a few of us on the Right, are disgusted by the antics, December is a funny old month, news wise. People tend to be easily distracted and there is always the whiff of it being a kind of silly season with papers looking to fill pages with anything other than the tired old seasonal cliches.

Unless there is actually footage of the party itself out there, and I am not discounting that, then in and of itself, not sure how damaging this will be come the next election.

 


"The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." - 1984 - George Orwell.

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
BlueJay Flag UK 08 Dec 21 12.22am

Originally posted by Matov

It's not a good look, I would concede. But it's very much after the fact. Not sure it will have that much of an impact,long term.

The interesting part is how/why that video was leaked. My understanding and I would be very happy to be put right on this, is that it was shot very much on the basis of being 'off the record' as part of a test run for a new press room. By allowing it to become public record, ITV run the risk of having their knees chopped off by the Number 10 Press Office.

Not defending how the game is played but it is part of it all and whilst I get why many on the Left, along with quite a few of us on the Right, are disgusted by the antics, December is a funny old month, news wise. People tend to be easily distracted and there is always the whiff of it being a kind of silly season with papers looking to fill pages with anything other than the tired old seasonal cliches.

Unless there is actually footage of the party itself out there, and I am not discounting that, then in and of itself, not sure how damaging this will be come the next election.

It would be positively hilarious if there is, and this is all part of a drip, drip, drip strategy. Not as though I think it would make a great deal of difference to anything but it would further show politicians up for their 'one rule for you' behaviour.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Quote this post in a reply
View Grumbles's Profile Grumbles 08 Dec 21 12.34am Send a Private Message to Grumbles Add Grumbles as a friend

someone is out to remove BoJo.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Sportyteacher's Profile Sportyteacher Flag London 08 Dec 21 2.47am Send a Private Message to Sportyteacher Add Sportyteacher as a friend

No: 10 Media Advisor, Allegra Stratton, looks like she is toast. I wonder whether leak is deliberate attempt to get rid of an appointment that has provenly to be an expensive waste of time.

On a separate note, Gavin 'Dullard' Williamson now caught out for hosting XMAS Party last year. The 'Do-As -I-Say-Not-As-I-Behave' Whitehall culture alive and well again: [Link]

Screenshot 2021-12-08 at 02.27.09.png Attachment: Screenshot 2021-12-08 at 02.27.09.png (555.44Kb)

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Badger11's Profile Badger11 Flag Beckenham 08 Dec 21 8.24am Send a Private Message to Badger11 Add Badger11 as a friend

Originally posted by Matov

It's not a good look, I would concede. But it's very much after the fact. Not sure it will have that much of an impact,long term.

The interesting part is how/why that video was leaked. My understanding and I would be very happy to be put right on this, is that it was shot very much on the basis of being 'off the record' as part of a test run for a new press room. By allowing it to become public record, ITV run the risk of having their knees chopped off by the Number 10 Press Office.

Not defending how the game is played but it is part of it all and whilst I get why many on the Left, along with quite a few of us on the Right, are disgusted by the antics, December is a funny old month, news wise. People tend to be easily distracted and there is always the whiff of it being a kind of silly season with papers looking to fill pages with anything other than the tired old seasonal cliches.

Unless there is actually footage of the party itself out there, and I am not discounting that, then in and of itself, not sure how damaging this will be come the next election.

No idea if this party took place and if it did it broke rules, actually I don't care I am more concerned over the Afghan debacle which cost people their lives.

That said the woman giving the mock press conference was clearly mucking about and she actually said "fictional party" that is hardly damming evidence.

Ronald Regan was doing one of these mock tests and ordered a full nuclear strike on Russia and Boris wasn't even involved in this test or the party (if it happened).

As Matov says it is more about the optics than the actuality.

 


One more point

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View the.universal's Profile the.universal 08 Dec 21 8.30am Send a Private Message to the.universal Add the.universal as a friend

Originally posted by Badger11

No idea if this party took place and if it did it broke rules, actually I don't care I am more concerned over the Afghan debacle which cost people their lives.

That said the woman giving the mock press conference was clearly mucking about and she actually said "fictional party" that is hardly damming evidence.

Ronald Regan was doing one of these mock tests and ordered a full nuclear strike on Russia and Boris wasn't even involved in this test or the party (if it happened).

As Matov says it is more about the optics than the actuality.

Now we have the Rees-Mogg footage that was filmed at a party that references the fact they are breaking social distancing rules.

 


Vive le Roy!

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View DanH's Profile DanH Flag SW2 08 Dec 21 8.36am Send a Private Message to DanH Add DanH as a friend

Originally posted by Badger11

No idea if this party took place and if it did it broke rules, actually I don't care I am more concerned over the Afghan debacle which cost people their lives.

That said the woman giving the mock press conference was clearly mucking about and she actually said "fictional party" that is hardly damming evidence.

Ronald Regan was doing one of these mock tests and ordered a full nuclear strike on Russia and Boris wasn't even involved in this test or the party (if it happened).

As Matov says it is more about the optics than the actuality.

You donít care that they were having a party while c.500 of our citizens died alone and the rest of us were stopped from seeing our own families at Christmas?

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View HKOwen's Profile HKOwen Flag Hong Kong 08 Dec 21 9.00am Send a Private Message to HKOwen Add HKOwen as a friend

I am not interested in any semantics that No 10 come up with to use another name for the Xmas party.

Apart from giving people a reason to ignore future Covid regulations if any, it will give that pompous tw@t Blackford a chance to stand up and come out with a bunch of annoying s***e.

The video of Stratton looks like a bunch of people who think the rules don't apply to them having a laugh at the expense of the population who had a horrible time last year.

Looks like Johnson is backed into a corner on this issue

 


Responsibility Deficit Disorder is a medical condition. Symptoms include inability to be corrected when wrong, false sense of superiority, desire to share personal info no else cares about, general hubris. It's a medical issue rather than pure arrogance.

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply

 

Page 7 of 603 < 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 >

Previous Topic | Next Topic

You are here: Home > Message Board > News & Politics > CONservative government incompetence.