You are here: Home > Message Board > News & Politics > Latest Woke Inanity (EU aggravated)
January 29 2022 12.59pm

Latest Woke Inanity (EU aggravated)

Previous Topic | Next Topic


Page 10 of 14 < 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 >

 

View EverybodyDannsNow's Profile EverybodyDannsNow Flag SE19 07 Jan 22 6.55pm Send a Private Message to EverybodyDannsNow Add EverybodyDannsNow as a friend

Originally posted by Hrolf The Ganger

Oh really?

I don't think Rowling ever had anything to answer for.

What you mean is that you and others jumped on a band waggon, and now you are feeling a bit stupid.

All power to her for expressing an opinion held by the vast majority of ordinary people.

Time to put the blue haired loons in their place.

What bandwagon did I jump on?

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View BlueJay's Profile BlueJay Flag UK 07 Jan 22 7.27pm Send a Private Message to BlueJay Add BlueJay as a friend

Originally posted by Hrolf The Ganger

Oh really?

I don't think Rowling ever had anything to answer for.

What you mean is that you and others jumped on a band waggon, and now you are feeling a bit stupid.

All power to her for expressing an opinion held by the vast majority of ordinary people.

Time to put the blue haired loons in their place.

He's made perfectly reasonable point and a rare as hens teeth take on HOL. Someone who has looked at their view on a topic and adjusted it based on taking on board different perspective.

If you're going to chastise someone as 'stupid' for doing something that exists on another planet from your conduct (thinking beyond ones own perpetually stuck, self interest) then that's s sad state of affairs. You're literally berating someone for showing a positive quality.


Edited by BlueJay (07 Jan 2022 7.37pm)

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View BlueJay's Profile BlueJay Flag UK 07 Jan 22 7.37pm Send a Private Message to BlueJay Add BlueJay as a friend

Originally posted by Spiderman

I just wonder how many “cancel Rowling” activists have children, in particular daughters.
What would their view be if their daughter was in a public toilet/ changing room when they see a hairy a***d trucker calling himself Jane,waving his d**k around, would they be ok with this as “Jane” identifies as a female

JK Rowing should be able to say what she likes; she's a reasonable woman not hate filled as she is portrayed by some. Beyond activists and tweeting twits, I don't really see any indication that most trans types are particularly enraged by her outlook of wanting to ensure that the rights and safety of biological women aren't lost to the point of assuming someones sex based on their appearance is somehow laughably crime of the century.


On the flipside though, some people clearly have gender issues that mean they're never going to feel at home in their skin as their biological gender. Concerns about the age at which people can make such significant decisions at a young age are perfectly valid, but biological realities of that are that we're of course going to have Male-to-Female individuals who, with no offense meant, don't look particularly 'convincing'. They have the right to live a life, and indeed to take a sh!t. Common sense has to be applied though (as in, if someone looks like a male 'trucker' they likely are one). There is little to stop anyone entering any toilet if they plan on sexually assaulting others, so the idea that an eye of suspicion should be cast on people due to gender identity alone isn't any more reasonable than arbitrarily deciding that any random person is a sex offender in the making. Who someone behaving that way does or doesn't identify as is the least of our problems.

I do see this as being 'somewhat' contrived and media driven, because if a male to female who looked exactly like a female went into a womens toilet they would not be judged as a danger, (even if their biological sex was known). People would not imagine that they're perpetually on the verge of sexual assault. Should someone like Blaire White be forced to use a mens toilet for instance? There would likely be more danger in that, than using a womens loo. I'm not sure there are enough trans people that we look at this issue in a reasoned light, as we seem very keen on 'blaming them' for perverted behaviour that would happen regardless and rarely has anything to do with them at all anyway.

Just attempting to thread a needle on 'one of those' topics. A nod towards different positions and outlooks would seem to add some value. If of course that means much here nowadays.

Edited by BlueJay (07 Jan 2022 7.43pm)

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Stirlingsays's Profile Stirlingsays Online Flag 07 Jan 22 7.43pm Send a Private Message to Stirlingsays Holmesdale Online Elite Member Add Stirlingsays as a friend

Fecking hell.

No wonder I'm attracted to traditionalism.

Oh for the days when blokes dressing up as tarts was all for a bit of a laugh....and what people got up to behind their own doors was for them.

 


'Who are you and how did you get in here? I'm a locksmith. And, I'm a locksmith.' (Leslie Nielsen)

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View BlueJay's Profile BlueJay Flag UK 07 Jan 22 8.08pm Send a Private Message to BlueJay Add BlueJay as a friend

Originally posted by Stirlingsays

Fecking hell.

No wonder I'm attracted to traditionalism.

Oh for the days when blokes dressing up as tarts was all for a bit of a laugh....and what people got up to behind their own doors was for them.

It's a relevant point to raise, as I say what bathroom should someone like Blaire White use? Would it seem odd for her to go into the mens room? More sensible a womans? Perhaps people should have to effectively have to have some kind of medical confirmation based on their identity, appearance etc rather than 'self identifying'.

The obvious answer would I suppose be a unisex toilet that anyone can use. Who knows. Different perspectives help to reach conclusions. People like her don't exist solely to be mocked and shut away outside of whatever physical oh so traditional interest you might have with them. They may also occasionally also need to take a piss while out.

Edited by BlueJay (07 Jan 2022 8.09pm)

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Stirlingsays's Profile Stirlingsays Online Flag 07 Jan 22 8.21pm Send a Private Message to Stirlingsays Holmesdale Online Elite Member Add Stirlingsays as a friend

Originally posted by BlueJay

It's a relevant point to raise, as I say what bathroom should someone like Blaire White use? Would it seem odd for her to go into the mens room? More sensible a womans? Perhaps people should have to effectively have to have some kind of medical confirmation based on their identity, appearance etc rather than 'self identifying'.

The obvious answer would I suppose be a unisex toilet that anyone can use. Who knows. Different perspectives help to reach conclusions. People like her don't exist solely to be mocked and shut away outside of whatever physical oh so traditional interest you might have with them. They may also occasionally also need to take a piss while out.

Edited by BlueJay (07 Jan 2022 8.09pm)

Forgive me...I'm on a couple of cans at the moment so my posts are shorter and to the point.

Blaire White is a man who looks like a woman.

In my view it should be male facilities.

 


'Who are you and how did you get in here? I'm a locksmith. And, I'm a locksmith.' (Leslie Nielsen)

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Wisbech Eagle's Profile Wisbech Eagle Flag Truro Cornwall 07 Jan 22 8.25pm Send a Private Message to Wisbech Eagle Add Wisbech Eagle as a friend

Originally posted by Spiderman

I just wonder how many “cancel Rowling” activists have children, in particular daughters.
What would their view be if their daughter was in a public toilet/ changing room when they see a hairy a***d trucker calling himself Jane,waving his d**k around, would they be ok with this as “Jane” identifies as a female

I haven't followed this thread, as I consider it all a bit silly, and just an opportunity for people to get onto their soap boxes and bang drums. Change happens. Society evolves. When things swing too far then they will swing back until a sensible position, acceptable to most, is found.

But for a moment let's assume that anyone was stupid enough to attempt what you suggest, who would likely attract so much attention they would spend time contemplating their stupidity at her Majesty's pleasure. I don't though for a moment dimmish the impact on any child witnessing such a disgusting act.

However, just for a moment consider the reverse situation, which is probably much more likely. Imagine someone who sincerely believes that, although born with male genitalia, they are psychologically female. They act, look and dress like a female. It's only part of their body which isn't.

Which toilet should they use? I can imagine your "Jane's" workmates being really understanding of them hitching their dress up to have a pee at a urinal.

Surely it's all about using common sense and judging on what people do, rather than trying to make hard and fast rules?

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View ASCPFC's Profile ASCPFC Flag Pro-Cathedral/caravan park 07 Jan 22 8.26pm Send a Private Message to ASCPFC Add ASCPFC as a friend

Originally posted by BlueJay

It's a relevant point to raise, as I say what bathroom should someone like Blaire White use? Would it seem odd for her to go into the mens room? More sensible a womans? Perhaps people should have to effectively have to have some kind of medical confirmation based on their identity, appearance etc rather than 'self identifying'.

The obvious answer would I suppose be a unisex toilet that anyone can use. Who knows. Different perspectives help to reach conclusions. People like her don't exist solely to be mocked and shut away outside of whatever physical oh so traditional interest you might have with them. They may also occasionally also need to take a piss while out.

Edited by BlueJay (07 Jan 2022 8.09pm)

In the University here, there are men's and lady's toilets, then what were the disabled loos are now also the gender neutral loos.

 


I used to put the manager's name in front of Red and Blue but got fed up with changing it. If someone cool becomes our manager then maybe..

Red and Blue Army!

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View BlueJay's Profile BlueJay Flag UK 07 Jan 22 8.43pm Send a Private Message to BlueJay Add BlueJay as a friend

Originally posted by ASCPFC

In the University here, there are men's and lady's toilets, then what were the disabled loos are now also the gender neutral loos.

Sounds sensible enough. In tonnes of pubs and restaurant there are basically non descript individual toilets. Always have been.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View becky's Profile becky Flag over the moon 07 Jan 22 9.06pm Send a Private Message to becky Holmesdale Online Elite Member Add becky as a friend

Originally posted by Wisbech Eagle

I haven't followed this thread, as I consider it all a bit silly, and just an opportunity for people to get onto their soap boxes and bang drums. Change happens. Society evolves. When things swing too far then they will swing back until a sensible position, acceptable to most, is found.

But for a moment let's assume that anyone was stupid enough to attempt what you suggest, who would likely attract so much attention they would spend time contemplating their stupidity at her Majesty's pleasure. I don't though for a moment dimmish the impact on any child witnessing such a disgusting act.

However, just for a moment consider the reverse situation, which is probably much more likely. Imagine someone who sincerely believes that, although born with male genitalia, they are psychologically female. They act, look and dress like a female. It's only part of their body which isn't.

Which toilet should they use? I can imagine your "Jane's" workmates being really understanding of them hitching their dress up to have a pee at a urinal.

Surely it's all about using common sense and judging on what people do, rather than trying to make hard and fast rules?

These are the genuine transgender people who will usually go on to have gender reassignment surgery, following all the usual hormone therapy that will give them, outwardly, a greater appearance of being female. These are actually quite well accepted in 'female' spaces by women, are never seen as a threat and will generally be left in peace to use changing rooms, lavatories etc without being challenged.

It's the hairy arsed, bearded blokes that put on a frock and say that today they are women that real women object to and who, according to reported instances are the real threat to women in what should be their safe spaces.

 


A stairway to Heaven and a Highway to Hell give some indication of expected traffic numbers

Alert Alert a moderator to this post | Board Moderator Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Eaglecoops's Profile Eaglecoops Flag CR3 07 Jan 22 9.20pm Send a Private Message to Eaglecoops Add Eaglecoops as a friend

Originally posted by becky

These are the genuine transgender people who will usually go on to have gender reassignment surgery, following all the usual hormone therapy that will give them, outwardly, a greater appearance of being female. These are actually quite well accepted in 'female' spaces by women, are never seen as a threat and will generally be left in peace to use changing rooms, lavatories etc without being challenged.

It's the hairy arsed, bearded blokes that put on a frock and say that today they are women that real women object to and who, according to reported instances are the real threat to women in what should be their safe spaces.

Here here, absolutely bang on. If it looks like a bloke, has balls and a dick I don’t care what it says it is, it’s still a bloke and should not be allowed in womens dressing rooms or toilets. It’s obscene to think otherwise.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View BlueJay's Profile BlueJay Flag UK 07 Jan 22 9.29pm Send a Private Message to BlueJay Add BlueJay as a friend

Originally posted by becky

These are the genuine transgender people who will usually go on to have gender reassignment surgery, following all the usual hormone therapy that will give them, outwardly, a greater appearance of being female. These are actually quite well accepted in 'female' spaces by women, are never seen as a threat and will generally be left in peace to use changing rooms, lavatories etc without being challenged.

It's the hairy arsed, bearded blokes that put on a frock and say that today they are women that real women object to and who, according to reported instances are the real threat to women in what should be their safe spaces.

Yeah, this sounds perfectly fair to me. In whatever walk of life if someone is decent, well intentioned and its clear what they're all about that goes a long way. I'm not sure how best to view it, appearance wise perhaps, maybe proof of transitioning, or whatever. As you say that is a totally different situation than this modern idea that people can access spaces by mentally deciding that they're this or that with absolutely no outside or medical indication of it being anything other than a decision they've made there and then.

Edited by BlueJay (07 Jan 2022 9.30pm)

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply

 

Page 10 of 14 < 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 >

Previous Topic | Next Topic

You are here: Home > Message Board > News & Politics > Latest Woke Inanity (EU aggravated)