You are here: Home > Message Board > Palace Talk > Wilf
January 25 2022 11.47am

Wilf

Previous Topic | Next Topic


Page 9 of 11 < 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 >

 

View ambrose7's Profile ambrose7 Flag Croydon 06 Jan 22 6.53pm Send a Private Message to ambrose7 Add ambrose7 as a friend

The thing that the Wilf saga badly exposes is our lack of leadership. It's been mentioned on here that McArthur would have straightened him out and you just don't see Luka, Ward, even the next senior pros like Benteke getting him by the scruff and getting him in line.

February will be interesting. Olise and Ayew are making good claims to play on the right, Edouard is making a good claim to play on the left and Eze will theoretically push for more game time as he gets stronger. For the first time in his Palace career, Zaha isn't guaranteed a spot and he's got 18 months on his contract.

In the summer there has to be an extend/sell/lose for free decision. Big 6 months coming up in influencing which way that goes.

 


26th January 2010 - Enter Administration
2nd May 2010 - D-Day 1 - Survival at Hillsborough
1st June 2010 - D-Day 2 - Survival at Lloyds
7th June 2010 - CPFC2010 exchange contracts.

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Lanzo-Ad's Profile Lanzo-Ad Flag Lanzarote 06 Jan 22 6.57pm Send a Private Message to Lanzo-Ad Add Lanzo-Ad as a friend

Just get rid now 10/15m and move on

 


Never be Two Faced, Always Say What You Think, If People Don't Like it F**k Em

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Painter's Profile Painter Online Flag Croydon 06 Jan 22 8.08pm Send a Private Message to Painter Add Painter as a friend

Originally posted by Lanzo-Ad

Just get rid now 10/15m and move on

You now want to get rid of Zaha, along with Benteke, Luca and Mateta.

Move on, where?

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Daddyorc's Profile Daddyorc Flag Long Island City, NY 06 Jan 22 8.14pm Send a Private Message to Daddyorc Add Daddyorc as a friend

Totally agree with this. He was dominant in a couple of games this year (don't say he disappears, as almost every player doesn't inspire every week), like the first Spurs game, and Man City. I hate when he gets petulant too, but he's still a game changer. There's a reason why when he gets the ball and isn't double or triple teamed, the fans all stand up in their seats.

Originally posted by EverybodyDannsNow

This thread is mental - we've got some absolute pant-wetters as fans.

The talk of Wilf 'never being that good' or not being good enough now is demonstrably untrue - to provide some objective figures;

- Best shot conversion rate in our squad and our 2nd top scorer

- Progressive dribbling averaging 133 yards per 90, which is more than the vast majority of wingers in the division. Ayew (who we'd all agree is in the form of his life) is averaging 144 yards per 90.

- 22 chances created from open play; most in the squad


On what planet is statistically our best finisher and best chance creator not good enough to play?


The Ayew point is also telling in terms of expectation; he's not scoring or creating as much as Wilf, but we all agree he's been superb... Wilf is measured by a different standard.


Edited by EverybodyDannsNow (06 Jan 2022 5.32pm)

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Lanzo-Ad's Profile Lanzo-Ad Flag Lanzarote 06 Jan 22 8.17pm Send a Private Message to Lanzo-Ad Add Lanzo-Ad as a friend

Originally posted by Painter

You now want to get rid of Zaha, along with Benteke, Luca and Mateta.

Move on, where?

i didn't want to get of Mateta, the other Three yes for business sense, contract running out, all about 30, its not rocket science 25m for the lot is better than nothing next year

 


Never be Two Faced, Always Say What You Think, If People Don't Like it F**k Em

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Vaibow's Profile Vaibow Flag vancouver/croydon 06 Jan 22 8.37pm Send a Private Message to Vaibow Add Vaibow as a friend

Quite simple really, do we need zaha in the starting 11 in terms of getting to where we want to go or staying away from relegation.

If he went this January, would it ruin our season - no. It would force the clubs hand to replace, play others and stick with it.

As others have said, we have replacements. This allows them til May to gain experience, step up and claim the spot theirs.

Then this summer we will have a clearer picture of where we need to invest etc.

Would it be more fun, better to have him as an option - totally.

Personally, for me, I would tell him he can go this summer - and make it public too - he can then play for an extension, or a new club.

That hopefully gets a better performance out of him and a better sell on fee.

We have to realize the zaha clock is ticking and we need tog et the best out of him, in this limited time.

 


This was once a quality forum....

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Lanzo-Ad's Profile Lanzo-Ad Flag Lanzarote 06 Jan 22 8.52pm Send a Private Message to Lanzo-Ad Add Lanzo-Ad as a friend

Originally posted by Vaibow

Quite simple really, do we need zaha in the starting 11 in terms of getting to where we want to go or staying away from relegation.

If he went this January, would it ruin our season - no. It would force the clubs hand to replace, play others and stick with it.

As others have said, we have replacements. This allows them til May to gain experience, step up and claim the spot theirs.

Then this summer we will have a clearer picture of where we need to invest etc.

Would it be more fun, better to have him as an option - totally.

Personally, for me, I would tell him he can go this summer - and make it public too - he can then play for an extension, or a new club.

That hopefully gets a better performance out of him and a better sell on fee.

We have to realize the zaha clock is ticking and we need tog et the best out of him, in this limited time.

The best out of him is over, he wont get in the starting 11 next season, he has lost his pace, slows the attack down and is uncontrollable on the pitch, offload him now,

 


Never be Two Faced, Always Say What You Think, If People Don't Like it F**k Em

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Vaibow's Profile Vaibow Flag vancouver/croydon 07 Jan 22 3.16am Send a Private Message to Vaibow Add Vaibow as a friend

a wilf firing on all cylinders, is better than what we have now, huffing and puffing...

even if he has lost half a yard, he can still offer a lot... we just need him motivated or focused... whatever it is..

otherwise it will drag til may and be a messy summer...

 


This was once a quality forum....

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View thai-eagle's Profile thai-eagle Flag chiang mai 07 Jan 22 3.57am Send a Private Message to thai-eagle Add thai-eagle as a friend

I would love to see Wilf on the left, Edouard in the middle, and Olise on the right. Then a midfield of Hughes, Eze, and Gallagher. If that does not motivate Zaha, then nothing will (in Palace).

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Lanzo-Ad's Profile Lanzo-Ad Flag Lanzarote 07 Jan 22 7.41am Send a Private Message to Lanzo-Ad Add Lanzo-Ad as a friend

i would love to see the club run with better business acumen, no wonder we are the 3rd worst with transfers in /out -72m in the last 4 seasons, only Arsenal and Man utd worse two equally badly run, if it wasn't for John Textor we would be down the toilet

 


Never be Two Faced, Always Say What You Think, If People Don't Like it F**k Em

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View johnmcormick8's Profile johnmcormick8 Flag Brundish 07 Jan 22 8.03am Send a Private Message to johnmcormick8 Add johnmcormick8 as a friend

Have you always been dissatisfied with the way the club is run, as far as I'm concerned the present incumbents have not made to bad of job so far. As recall we haven't been relegated or nearly gone bankrupt for a while now. As to Wilf a little lyoality on all sides would not go a miss in this throw away cut throat age. te=Lanzo-Ad;3687818]

i would love to see the club run with better business acumen, no wonder we are the 3rd worst with transfers in /out -72m in the last 4 seasons, only Arsenal and Man utd worse two equally badly run, if it wasn't for John Textor we would be down the toilet

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Lanzo-Ad's Profile Lanzo-Ad Flag Lanzarote 07 Jan 22 8.26am Send a Private Message to Lanzo-Ad Add Lanzo-Ad as a friend

Originally posted by johnmcormick8

Have you always been dissatisfied with the way the club is run, as far as I'm concerned the present incumbents have not made to bad of job so far. As recall we haven't been relegated or nearly gone bankrupt for a while now. As to Wilf a little lyoality on all sides would not go a miss in this throw away cut throat age. te=Lanzo-Ad;3687818]

i would love to see the club run with better business acumen, no wonder we are the 3rd worst with transfers in /out -72m in the last 4 seasons, only Arsenal and Man utd worse two equally badly run, if it wasn't for John Textor we would be down the toilet

A football clubs players is really its only assets and to pay 47m for 3 players (excluding wages) to have them leave for free is ridiculous practice.

 


Never be Two Faced, Always Say What You Think, If People Don't Like it F**k Em

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply

 

Page 9 of 11 < 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 >

Previous Topic | Next Topic

You are here: Home > Message Board > Palace Talk > Wilf