You are here: Home > Message Board > Palace Talk > Vieira tonight
July 3 2022 4.19am

Vieira tonight

Previous Topic | Next Topic


Page 19 of 21 < 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 >

 

View ASCPFC's Profile ASCPFC Flag Pro-Cathedral/caravan park 23 May 22 2.59pm Send a Private Message to ASCPFC Add ASCPFC as a friend

I didn't enjoy watching Man City "fans" destroying their own goals. Morons.

 


Patrick Viera's
Red and Blue Army!

He decked a bin dipper - respect.

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Palace Old Geezer's Profile Palace Old Geezer Flag Midhurst 23 May 22 3.05pm Send a Private Message to Palace Old Geezer Add Palace Old Geezer as a friend

Originally posted by CrazyBadger

I guess that they both(Vieira and the fan) didn't want to take the action further. Shame, really. there's no deterrent there.

I hope Everton take action against the fan, that's the only course of action available now. I still hope Everton get done by the FA, but not holding up too much hope.

I agree with you CB.

 


Dad and I watched games standing on the muddy slope of the Holmesdale Road end. He cheered and I rattled.

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View palace99's Profile palace99 Flag New Mills 23 May 22 3.37pm Send a Private Message to palace99 Add palace99 as a friend

Originally posted by CrazyBadger

I guess that they both(Vieira and the fan) didn't want to take the action further. Shame, really. there's no deterrent there.

I hope Everton take action against the fan, that's the only course of action available now. I still hope Everton get done by the FA, but not holding up too much hope.

Charging PV would be a disgrace so at least common sense has prevailed.

Having said that i am disappointed at the lack of comment from either the FA or Everton.
Did we get an apology?

A pitch invasion at the final whistle is one thing, on the 85th minute is not acceptable.

Why have there been no arrests? They all went back to their seats for 5 minutes - can't be that hard to ID them.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View CrazyBadger's Profile CrazyBadger Flag Ware 23 May 22 4.04pm Send a Private Message to CrazyBadger Add CrazyBadger as a friend

Originally posted by palace99

Charging PV would be a disgrace so at least common sense has prevailed.

Having said that i am disappointed at the lack of comment from either the FA or Everton.
Did we get an apology?

A pitch invasion at the final whistle is one thing, on the 85th minute is not acceptable.

Why have there been no arrests? They all went back to their seats for 5 minutes - can't be that hard to ID them.

I disagree, you can't have Managers or Players kicking out at fans, unless it's truly self defence.
BUT
The Fan is the bigger offender in this case, (even if there's less physical damage) so if Vieira is punished the Fan MUST be also. Simply inexcusable behaviour.

I hasten to mention, but there are similarities to the infamous Cantona kung fu kick, in that something was done/said to incite Player, player reacts. Difference is is there's hard video evidence showing just how much of a complete tossface the fan is.


 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Spiderman's Profile Spiderman Flag Horsham 23 May 22 4.42pm Send a Private Message to Spiderman Add Spiderman as a friend

Originally posted by CrazyBadger

I disagree, you can't have Managers or Players kicking out at fans, unless it's truly self defence.
BUT
The Fan is the bigger offender in this case, (even if there's less physical damage) so if Vieira is punished the Fan MUST be also. Simply inexcusable behaviour.

I hasten to mention, but there are similarities to the infamous Cantona kung fu kick, in that something was done/said to incite Player, player reacts. Difference is is there's hard video evidence showing just how much of a complete tossface the fan is.


So the Police have spoken to a person who was on the pitch (an offence) and was inciting trouble ( an offence?) but have chosen to take no action. Letís await, with baited breath, Evertonís reaction

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Jacey's Profile Jacey Flag 23 May 22 5.43pm Send a Private Message to Jacey Add Jacey as a friend

Lamentable Lamps reaction to the incident was appalling,suggesting that such 'celebrations' were normal behaviour and were we to padlock fans to their seats to prevent pitch invasions!!
Why on earth were Viera and the team not properly escorted to their dressing room on the other side of the ground.All Everton's but any punishment??

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Old Chap's Profile Old Chap Flag Orpington 23 May 22 9.04pm Send a Private Message to Old Chap Add Old Chap as a friend

Originally posted by Behind Enemy Lines

Who had the right to be on the pitch? Big Pat presumably had authority to be there at the behest of the Everton management structure that required him to adopt a certain route. The 'fan' didn't and was breaking either the law, and/or condition of entry to the football stadium. Presumably Big Pat should have waited until the kid had thumped him before asking him politely to stop. Maybe a touch of the Belgrano about the incident but when you are surrounded by hundreds of opposing fans and you don't know what they are about to do, perhaps stating your position is not a bad concept.

After almost every game youíll see both managers on the pitch, shaking hands with players from both teams & the officials. Nothing wrong with that

 


Trivial fact - Palace used to win 5-1 at least once a season, maybe next season?

Alert Alert a moderator to this post | Board Moderator Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View palace99's Profile palace99 Flag New Mills 24 May 22 10.03am Send a Private Message to palace99 Add palace99 as a friend

Originally posted by CrazyBadger

I disagree, you can't have Managers or Players kicking out at fans, unless it's truly self defence.
BUT
The Fan is the bigger offender in this case, (even if there's less physical damage) so if Vieira is punished the Fan MUST be also. Simply inexcusable behaviour.

I hasten to mention, but there are similarities to the infamous Cantona kung fu kick, in that something was done/said to incite Player, player reacts. Difference is is there's hard video evidence showing just how much of a complete tossface the fan is.


there is no comparison with the Cantona incident. Cantona jumped over the fence to kick a supporter who was in the stands. Yes he was provoked, but his reaction was inexcusable. The fact that in 50 years of watching football i have never seen/heard of a similar incident in the UK speaks volumes.

PV was on the pitch - it is a criminal offence for a supporter to encroach on the playing surface - and a supporter was clearly in his face provoking him. Who knows what was said, he could have been threatening him. There is an argument that it was in self defence. In terms of similar incidents? 2 days before at Notts Forest there were issues between supporters and Sheffield Utd players.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Croydon-Trucker's Profile Croydon-Trucker Flag Cahir 24 May 22 10.24am Send a Private Message to Croydon-Trucker Add Croydon-Trucker as a friend

Originally posted by Jacey

Lamentable Lamps reaction to the incident was appalling,suggesting that such 'celebrations' were normal behaviour and were we to padlock fans to their seats to prevent pitch invasions!!
Why on earth were Viera and the team not properly escorted to their dressing room on the other side of the ground.All Everton's but any punishment??

Agree with you there Jacey. If anything he made thing worse trying to wind the fans into a frenzy . He really is suited to a club of scum bags like them. He took over of them as manager in 16th place and they finished in 16th place , what a great manager . They sacked Big Sam who took them to 9th .

 


Putin Go Fvck Yourself

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Croydon-Trucker's Profile Croydon-Trucker Flag Cahir 24 May 22 10.31am Send a Private Message to Croydon-Trucker Add Croydon-Trucker as a friend

Originally posted by CrazyBadger

I disagree, you can't have Managers or Players kicking out at fans, unless it's truly self defence.
BUT
The Fan is the bigger offender in this case, (even if there's less physical damage) so if Vieira is punished the Fan MUST be also. Simply inexcusable behaviour.

I hasten to mention, but there are similarities to the infamous Cantona kung fu kick, in that something was done/said to incite Player, player reacts. Difference is is there's hard video evidence showing just how much of a complete tossface the fan is.



Well i disagree with you there pal , you cant compare the Cantona kick with what Patrick done . For one Cantona jumped the advertising boards and entered the stand to try a two footed kick at a fan , and Patrick barley tripped a fan who was shouting abuse in his face (which is an offence ) and the fan was on the pitch (which is an offence) In that situation Patrick has every right to defend himself .

 


Putin Go Fvck Yourself

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Palace Old Geezer's Profile Palace Old Geezer Flag Midhurst 24 May 22 11.19am Send a Private Message to Palace Old Geezer Add Palace Old Geezer as a friend

Originally posted by Croydon-Trucker


Well i disagree with you there pal , you cant compare the Cantona kick with what Patrick done . For one Cantona jumped the advertising boards and entered the stand to try a two footed kick at a fan , and Patrick barley tripped a fan who was shouting abuse in his face (which is an offence ) and the fan was on the pitch (which is an offence) In that situation Patrick has every right to defend himself .

Agree 100% Trucker. Hope the police track down the yob and punish him. There needs to be a deterrent, but not fences.

 


Dad and I watched games standing on the muddy slope of the Holmesdale Road end. He cheered and I rattled.

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View HeathMan's Profile HeathMan Flag Purley 24 May 22 12.00pm Send a Private Message to HeathMan Holmesdale Online Elite Member Add HeathMan as a friend

On Sunday, I heard two choruses of a song for when Everton visit us. Hopefully, we will take six points (as punishment) from them next season. COYP

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply

 

Page 19 of 21 < 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 >

Previous Topic | Next Topic

You are here: Home > Message Board > Palace Talk > Vieira tonight