You are here: Home > Message Board > Transfer Talk > Transfer Updates
September 25 2023 7.19am

Transfer Updates

Previous Topic | Next Topic


Page 98 of 205 < 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 >

 

View Hrolf The Ganger's Profile Hrolf The Ganger Flag 24 Aug 22 9.22am Send a Private Message to Hrolf The Ganger Add Hrolf The Ganger as a friend

Originally posted by JRW2

Tony Cascarino wrote a piece in the weekend press urging Wilf to leave. Never liked him.

He's Millwall. What do you expect?

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Oddball2021's Profile Oddball2021 Flag Adelaide 24 Aug 22 9.31am Send a Private Message to Oddball2021 Add Oddball2021 as a friend

If Curcurella was bought by Palace I'd stop watching! I cannot stand watching that geezer run around like a flipping schoolgirl!

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View MrRobbo's Profile MrRobbo Flag Purley 24 Aug 22 9.47am Send a Private Message to MrRobbo Add MrRobbo as a friend

Originally posted by eritheagle

Itís been widely reported that he apparently told Gerrard that he wants to stay in the London area.

Not saying there is no truth in it, but surely Villa would have put out the feelers to him/agent before initiating contact and placing a bid?


 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View grumpymort's Profile grumpymort Flag US/Thailand/UK 24 Aug 22 10.42am Send a Private Message to grumpymort Add grumpymort as a friend

Originally posted by taylors lovechild

I can't believe that Chelsea are that keen on Gordon. He is really enthusiastic and works hard but last season his end product was awful. In a team scrapping for survival you need that enthusiasm, but I don't see him improving a CL team for a few years yet. If Chelsea want quick results Zaha fits the bill, but thankfully it seems that story may have been paper talk. Arsenal seem the only other viable PL team, but they seem to have an U25 policy.

I think we have a strong enough team to compete but if we are serious about progressing we still need a couple more of real first-team quality. With no real strong leads for a while it feels like this last week of the window might be a bit of a damp squib.


he would be a perfect fit for them hes a cheat as well every game he did it and i noticed even the media started to pick up on it.

On serious note I agree they have so many players like this it's almost as if they are doing it to stop others having him later which is what Chelsea do.

Originally posted by PatrickA

Anybody know why Jairo was not involved against Oxford last night?
I wonder if he could be leaving this window either on loan or on a permanent deal.
It would surely be in his interests as well to try and resurrect his career elsewhere as heís still young and clearly has no future at Palace even if he is on a decent contract.
The other thing that occurs to me is that Schlupp often picks up injuries over a season and tends to miss a few games here and there.
We really need another energetic midfielder in the squad as Luka and Hughes canít provide this energy and Mcarthurís availability is becoming less frequent .
Gallagher appears to be the preferred option, but if Chelsea decide to sell as opposed to loan heís likely to be out of our range.


Palace have been trying to get rid of him for years and something always happens at the end that either the loan or transfer doesn't happen.

It's a shame he has never been given a fair run and at one stage when he was in at left back many seasons ago he was very good even player of the month and got dropped straight away.

Roy even commented about how he wanted him to adapt his game and he did it which from what i saw took away what had made him different he appeared to put on weight and slow down not the same player. (roy destroyed him)

We need to be careful numbers/quality is really limited a few players out we are in trouble already need another 3-4 without others going out.

Edited by grumpymort (24 Aug 2022 10.49am)

 


(VPN) - [Link]
(Alt VPN) - [Link]

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Nicholas91's Profile Nicholas91 Flag The Democratic Republic of Kent 24 Aug 22 10.46am Send a Private Message to Nicholas91 Add Nicholas91 as a friend

Originally posted by grumpymort


he would be a perfect fit for them hes a cheat as well every game he did it and i noticed even the media started to pick up on it.

On serious note I agree they have so many players like this it's almost as if they are doing it to stop others having him later which is what Chelsea do.

I have a theory that United used to do this too.

Just buy the stand out players from 'smaller' clubs, whether you need them or not, to cement your authority.

 


Now Zaha's got a bit of green grass ahead of him here... and finds Ambrose... not a bad effort!!!!

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Painter's Profile Painter Flag Croydon 24 Aug 22 11.06am Send a Private Message to Painter Add Painter as a friend

Originally posted by PatrickA

Anybody know why Jairo was not involved against Oxford last night?
I wonder if he could be leaving this window either on loan or on a permanent deal.
It would surely be in his interests as well to try and resurrect his career elsewhere as heís still young and clearly has no future at Palace even if he is on a decent contract.
The other thing that occurs to me is that Schlupp often picks up injuries over a season and tends to miss a few games here and there.
We really need another energetic midfielder in the squad as Luka and Hughes canít provide this energy and Mcarthurís availability is becoming less frequent .
Gallagher appears to be the preferred option, but if Chelsea decide to sell as opposed to loan heís likely to be out of our range.

Rumours that Jairo was still in McDonalds build up his bulk. An energetic midfielder is the last description I would give him, he doesnít like tackling and seems to bottle out of any 50/50. Not suited to the Premier, never has been. He has only had one decent game in all his time here the 0-0 against City a few seasons ago, not enough.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View nead1's Profile nead1 Flag 24 Aug 22 11.25am Send a Private Message to nead1 Add nead1 as a friend

What about the man of the match display against Arsenal playing at left back? A couple of seasons ago from memory - was a surprise to me, but I remember him being outstanding on the night.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Lanzo-Ad's Profile Lanzo-Ad Flag Lanzarote 24 Aug 22 11.27am Send a Private Message to Lanzo-Ad Add Lanzo-Ad as a friend

Originally posted by Willo

"Lexicon Lanzo", permission granted.

Kindly do not use it often as it reminds me of my dear wife who is a nag.

Edited by Willo (24 Aug 2022 9.07am)

 


I spent half my money on gambling, alcohol and wild women. The other half I wasted. WC Fields
Here's to our wives and girlfriends...may they never meet! Groucho Marx
"One morning I shot an elephant in my pajamas. How he got into my pajamas, I don't know." Groucho Marx

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View samprior's Profile samprior Flag Hamburg 24 Aug 22 12.19pm Send a Private Message to samprior Add samprior as a friend

Originally posted by becky

Strangely, this window we don't seem to have seen all the hype about him going, who is interested and how much they could be offering, unlike most other windows where this has been splashed about everywhere.

Not sure if this is a good or bad sign.....

I think he'll stay and leave on a free next year to a champions league club. They won't mind paying high wages as there'll be no fee.

I'd be happy with this, one more season, a big send off, a a season to blood Olise and Ebiowei... plus maybe one other.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Charles's Profile Charles Flag Forest Hill 24 Aug 22 1.55pm Send a Private Message to Charles Add Charles as a friend

Originally posted by samprior

I think he'll stay and leave on a free next year to a champions league club. They won't mind paying high wages as there'll be no fee.

I'd be happy with this, one more season, a big send off, a a season to blood Olise and Ebiowei... plus maybe one other.

If he leaves on a free, I'm supposing we avoid a sell-on fee arising from the deal which brought him back from the manure?

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Qwijibo's Profile Qwijibo Flag Bournemouth 24 Aug 22 2.07pm Send a Private Message to Qwijibo Add Qwijibo as a friend

Originally posted by Charles

If he leaves on a free, I'm supposing we avoid a sell-on fee arising from the deal which brought him back from the manure?

They'd get 25% of £0

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View est1905's Profile est1905 Flag 24 Aug 22 2.49pm Send a Private Message to est1905 Add est1905 as a friend

Originally posted by Nicholas91

I have a theory that United used to do this too.

Just buy the stand out players from 'smaller' clubs, whether you need them or not, to cement your authority.

In the *0's Liverpool did it so much it became a running joke. Every time a club had a player with a bit of potential said clubs fans would speculate Liverpool would be in for him.
Buy him so rivals cant sign him and you never know, he might just break into their team...one day. If not, once the lad's reputation has nose dived, flog him off to a club thats down the leagues and insert a sell on fee in case he comes good there!
Its a disgraceful way to treat young lads and their careers but its been going on for years.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply

 

Page 98 of 205 < 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 >

Previous Topic | Next Topic

You are here: Home > Message Board > Transfer Talk > Transfer Updates