You are here: Home > Message Board > Palace Talk > Crystal Palace v Arsenal
August 18 2022 11.02am

Crystal Palace v Arsenal

Previous Topic | Next Topic


Page 10 of 17 < 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 >

 

View CPFC18's Profile CPFC18 Flag Kent 06 Aug 22 8.00am Send a Private Message to CPFC18 Add CPFC18 as a friend

First half bar the last 5 minutes was woeful. Couldnít string a pass together and at times seemed like arsenal had an extra man than us.

Second half better.

Massively missed Gallaghers press and endeavor.
Need a striker!!
Edouard does not offer anywhere near enough.
Andersen outstanding.

IMO that was the type of game a Benteke type was needed. His aerial ability would of atleast gave us that option. Something edouard and mateta do not really thrive off.

On to Liverpool

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View palace chick's Profile palace chick Flag South Croydon 06 Aug 22 8.05am Send a Private Message to palace chick Add palace chick as a friend

Agree with most on here that midfield is the problem. Really donít think we can play Eze and Schlup in midfield. Left our new player Dacoure doing all the work. Eze was lost in the first half but improved in the second. Perhaps Eze and Zaha should be our forward players and then bring in (purchase as we donít have one other than Macca) another Gallagher style player to play alongside Dacoure allowing Ayew and Schlup to play either side of the midfield? We did improve after first half hour and looked good other than final ball and finishing for which Arsenal were the clinical side and put their chances away. Thought our back four played brilliantly other than the goal from the corner which perhaps was more of a team failure rather than blaming those four? And who knows if Eze and Edouard had taken their chances we may not (including me) be complaining so much :-)

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View southnorwoodhill's Profile southnorwoodhill Flag 06 Aug 22 8.15am Send a Private Message to southnorwoodhill Add southnorwoodhill as a friend

Originally posted by palace chick

Agree with most on here that midfield is the problem. Really donít think we can play Eze and Schlup in midfield. Left our new player Dacoure doing all the work. Eze was lost in the first half but improved in the second. Perhaps Eze and Zaha should be our forward players and then bring in (purchase as we donít have one other than Macca) another Gallagher style player to play alongside Dacoure allowing Ayew and Schlup to play either side of the midfield? We did improve after first half hour and looked good other than final ball and finishing for which Arsenal were the clinical side and put their chances away. Thought our back four played brilliantly other than the goal from the corner which perhaps was more of a team failure rather than blaming those four? And who knows if Eze and Edouard had taken their chances we may not (including me) be complaining so much :-)

In the end this was all we created, no? Edouard was in the right place for a centre forward but didn't get enough on it. Worse was Eze, who clearly found the baton that Benteke had dropped on his way out, in his uncanny ability to shoot straight at the keeper when the whole goal is begging. Woeful, and a constant source of our problems.

Edited by southnorwoodhill (06 Aug 2022 8.16am)

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
Yellow Card - User has been warned of conduct on the messageboards View Lanzo-Ad's Profile Lanzo-Ad Flag Lanzarote 06 Aug 22 8.16am Send a Private Message to Lanzo-Ad Add Lanzo-Ad as a friend

Originally posted by palace chick

Agree with most on here that midfield is the problem. Really donít think we can play Eze and Schlup in midfield. Left our new player Dacoure doing all the work. Eze was lost in the first half but improved in the second. Perhaps Eze and Zaha should be our forward players and then bring in (purchase as we donít have one other than Macca) another Gallagher style player to play alongside Dacoure allowing Ayew and Schlup to play either side of the midfield? We did improve after first half hour and looked good other than final ball and finishing for which Arsenal were the clinical side and put their chances away. Thought our back four played brilliantly other than the goal from the corner which perhaps was more of a team failure rather than blaming those four? And who knows if Eze and Edouard had taken their chances we may not (including me) be complaining so much :-)

I think you are correct, Doucoure needs a partner, Like Jedinak had KD, and a AJ type striker

 


When the tigers broke free, And no one survived, From the Royal Fusiliers Company Z, They were all left behind, Most of them dead, The rest of them dying, And that's how the High Command took my Daddy from me

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Willo's Profile Willo Flag South coast - west of Brighton. 06 Aug 22 8.19am Send a Private Message to Willo Add Willo as a friend

A very disappointing result but one I fully expected.
For quite some time I have been of the belief that this would be a challenging season and last night reinforced my view.
The manager has been sending out distress signals about our pre-season preparation and the squad being short of players and it is going to be a long hard season.
Talk of a top 10 finish is ďFor the birdsĒ.


 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Teddy Eagle's Profile Teddy Eagle Flag 06 Aug 22 8.22am Send a Private Message to Teddy Eagle Add Teddy Eagle as a friend

Originally posted by Willo

A very disappointing result but one I fully expected.
For quite some time I have been of the belief that this would be a challenging season and last night reinforced my view.
The manager has been sending out distress signals about our pre-season preparation and the squad being short of players and it is going to be a long hard season.
Talk of a top 10 finish is ďFor the birdsĒ.


And now they've got their own football to watch we won't hear much from them.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
Yellow Card - User has been warned of conduct on the messageboards View Lanzo-Ad's Profile Lanzo-Ad Flag Lanzarote 06 Aug 22 8.27am Send a Private Message to Lanzo-Ad Add Lanzo-Ad as a friend

Originally posted by Willo

A very disappointing result but one I fully expected.
For quite some time I have been of the belief that this would be a challenging season and last night reinforced my view.
The manager has been sending out distress signals about our pre-season preparation and the squad being short of players and it is going to be a long hard season.
Talk of a top 10 finish is ďFor the birdsĒ.


Willo, come on, there is a lot of dross in the league this season, especially with Everton, Wolves and Leicester financially challenged.

 


When the tigers broke free, And no one survived, From the Royal Fusiliers Company Z, They were all left behind, Most of them dead, The rest of them dying, And that's how the High Command took my Daddy from me

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Willo's Profile Willo Flag South coast - west of Brighton. 06 Aug 22 8.39am Send a Private Message to Willo Add Willo as a friend

Originally posted by Lanzo-Ad

Willo, come on, there is a lot of dross in the league this season, especially with Everton, Wolves and Leicester financially challenged.

All of whom I expect to finish above us in the PL.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
Yellow Card - User has been warned of conduct on the messageboards View Lanzo-Ad's Profile Lanzo-Ad Flag Lanzarote 06 Aug 22 8.51am Send a Private Message to Lanzo-Ad Add Lanzo-Ad as a friend

Originally posted by Willo

All of whom I expect to finish above us in the PL.

None of them will finish above us

 


When the tigers broke free, And no one survived, From the Royal Fusiliers Company Z, They were all left behind, Most of them dead, The rest of them dying, And that's how the High Command took my Daddy from me

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Eaglecoops's Profile Eaglecoops Flag CR3 06 Aug 22 8.53am Send a Private Message to Eaglecoops Add Eaglecoops as a friend

3 bad and good things about last night:

Bad

1) Hughes is too lightweight for the PL
2) Eze is a luxury player. If itís a tough game that requires graft then he is the wrong choice.
3) Schlupp is not a starting midfielder, perhaps so if Eze is not playing, but generally he looks far better as an impact sub.

Good

1) Doucore looks a good buy.
2) Ebiowei is already better going forward than Ayew.
3) Our second half performance was decent.

Summary

We need another midfielder with strength and bite and a forward who knows where the back of the net is. I really like Eze but he needs two strong players around him if we are going to continue with a midfield 3.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
Yellow Card - User has been warned of conduct on the messageboards View Lanzo-Ad's Profile Lanzo-Ad Flag Lanzarote 06 Aug 22 9.06am Send a Private Message to Lanzo-Ad Add Lanzo-Ad as a friend

Originally posted by Eaglecoops

3 bad and good things about last night:

Bad

1) Hughes is too lightweight for the PL
2) Eze is a luxury player. If itís a tough game that requires graft then he is the wrong choice.
3) Schlupp is not a starting midfielder, perhaps so if Eze is not playing, but generally he looks far better as an impact sub.

Good

1) Doucore looks a good buy.
2) Ebiowei is already better going forward than Ayew.
3) Our second half performance was decent.

Summary

We need another midfielder with strength and bite and a forward who knows where the back of the net is. I really like Eze but he needs two strong players around him if we are going to continue with a midfield 3.

Spot on, Jedinak/KG style

 


When the tigers broke free, And no one survived, From the Royal Fusiliers Company Z, They were all left behind, Most of them dead, The rest of them dying, And that's how the High Command took my Daddy from me

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
Yellow Card - User has been warned of conduct on the messageboards View Lanzo-Ad's Profile Lanzo-Ad Flag Lanzarote 06 Aug 22 9.07am Send a Private Message to Lanzo-Ad Add Lanzo-Ad as a friend

Originally posted by Lanzo-Ad

Spot on, Jedinak/KG style

KD even, not Lang though

 


When the tigers broke free, And no one survived, From the Royal Fusiliers Company Z, They were all left behind, Most of them dead, The rest of them dying, And that's how the High Command took my Daddy from me

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply

 

Page 10 of 17 < 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 >

Previous Topic | Next Topic

You are here: Home > Message Board > Palace Talk > Crystal Palace v Arsenal