You are here: Home > Message Board > Palace Talk > Taking the knee.
August 10 2022 9.13am

Taking the knee.

Previous Topic | Next Topic


Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 > Last >>

 

Yellow Card - User has been warned of conduct on the messageboards View Casual's Profile Casual Flag Orpington 06 Aug 22 5.41pm Send a Private Message to Casual Add Casual as a friend

So we are the only team , apart from Wilf, that’s still doing it, apparently.
Why? Don’t get it, other clubs will do it at certain games to make a bit of an impact. We continue to do it, bit like pretending we were formed before Notts County , bit muggy.


Edited by Casual (06 Aug 2022 5.43pm)

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Nicholas91's Profile Nicholas91 Flag The Democratic Republic of Kent 06 Aug 22 5.46pm Send a Private Message to Nicholas91 Add Nicholas91 as a friend

Originally posted by Casual

So we are the only team , apart from Wilf, that’s still doing it, apparently.
Why? Don’t get it, other clubs will do it at certain games to make a bit of an impact. We continue to do it, bit like pretending we were formed before Notts County , bit muggy.


Edited by Casual (06 Aug 2022 5.43pm)

A very swift answer is ‘no’ casual, I think everyone has.

It has been reported as ‘reserved for special occasions’, first game of season being one. It was also rumoured it would be ‘just for TV’ as to how true that is I have no idea.

Would add, there’s a whole other and well established thread for this on FT… I think?

 


Now Zaha's got a bit of green grass ahead of him here... and finds Ambrose... not a bad effort!!!!

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
Yellow Card - User has been warned of conduct on the messageboards View Casual's Profile Casual Flag Orpington 06 Aug 22 5.54pm Send a Private Message to Casual Add Casual as a friend

Originally posted by Nicholas91

A very swift answer is ‘no’ casual, I think everyone has.

It has been reported as ‘reserved for special occasions’, first game of season being one. It was also rumoured it would be ‘just for TV’ as to how true that is I have no idea.

Would add, there’s a whole other and well established thread for this on FT… I think?

I read yesterday, that Viera has said that we will continue to do it.
I know there’s another thread, but this one is Palace related.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Nicholas91's Profile Nicholas91 Flag The Democratic Republic of Kent 06 Aug 22 5.57pm Send a Private Message to Nicholas91 Add Nicholas91 as a friend

Originally posted by Casual

I read yesterday, that Viera has said that we will continue to do it.
I know there’s another thread, but this one is Palace related.

Yeah I read that too.

As to whether we’re going to do it every match mate I have no idea. If so I have to say at this stage I’m beyond caring really one way or another.

Would be quite ironic for us to have the only player who refused to kneel, or at least was the first, as our star man but also be the only team continuing to do so every game.

 


Now Zaha's got a bit of green grass ahead of him here... and finds Ambrose... not a bad effort!!!!

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View cryrst's Profile cryrst Flag The garden of England 06 Aug 22 6.03pm Send a Private Message to cryrst Add cryrst as a friend

Originally posted by Nicholas91

Yeah I read that too.

As to whether we’re going to do it every match mate I have no idea. If so I have to say at this stage I’m beyond caring really one way or another.

Would be quite ironic for us to have the only player who refused to kneel, or at least was the first, as our star man but also be the only team continuing to do so every game.

The irony being most of our squad is black so do they think we need educating on how not to be racist. I think 3 white players got on the pitch for us. I’m confused tbh. Uk must be one of the least racist countries on the planet from my experience.
Did anyone see the plane and banner ?

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Nicholas91's Profile Nicholas91 Flag The Democratic Republic of Kent 06 Aug 22 6.05pm Send a Private Message to Nicholas91 Add Nicholas91 as a friend

Originally posted by cryrst

The irony being most of our squad is black so do they think we need educating on how not to be racist. I think 3 white players got on the pitch for us. I’m confused tbh. Uk must be one of the least racist countries on the planet from my experience.
Did anyone see the plane and banner ?

Yep!

Plane banner wasn’t us apparently was a woman’s group of some description. Even so, an astonishing lack of coverage of it on news outlets. Perhaps there’s no money to be made off it?

 


Now Zaha's got a bit of green grass ahead of him here... and finds Ambrose... not a bad effort!!!!

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View baldeagle73's Profile baldeagle73 Flag Leamington spa 06 Aug 22 6.06pm Send a Private Message to baldeagle73 Add baldeagle73 as a friend

It seems teams in the lower leagues have stopped doing it but at the level we are playing at there’s a lot of gesture politics although personally I see no harm in doing it every match it’s harmless enough

 


walking down the holmesdale road to see the palace aces!

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
Yellow Card - User has been warned of conduct on the messageboards View Casual's Profile Casual Flag Orpington 06 Aug 22 6.11pm Send a Private Message to Casual Add Casual as a friend

Just seems like a weird thing , if we are doing continuing to do it.
Why are mixed raced people classed as black? Just something I’ve never really understood. Like they are totally disregarding their mums (usually) side of the family.

The plane must have been aimed at Partey, which is a bit weird has he hasn’t been found guilty of anything. Surely if they had good evidence , he’d be behind the door?

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View baldeagle73's Profile baldeagle73 Flag Leamington spa 06 Aug 22 6.18pm Send a Private Message to baldeagle73 Add baldeagle73 as a friend

There’s plenty of innocent people doing time and there’s plenty of criminals roaming about outside I’ve worked in a prison for the last 6 months it’s a real eye opener there’s definitely a lot of racism in the justice system

 


walking down the holmesdale road to see the palace aces!

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
Yellow Card - User has been warned of conduct on the messageboards View Stirlingsays's Profile Stirlingsays Flag 06 Aug 22 6.35pm Send a Private Message to Stirlingsays Holmesdale Online Elite Member Add Stirlingsays as a friend

Originally posted by Casual

Just seems like a weird thing , if we are doing continuing to do it.
Why are mixed raced people classed as black? Just something I’ve never really understood. Like they are totally disregarding their mums (usually) side of the family.

The plane must have been aimed at Partey, which is a bit weird has he hasn’t been found guilty of anything. Surely if they had good evidence , he’d be behind the door?

I know of mixed race people who don't class themselves as black but you're right the majority seem to. There is the genetic and there is the cultural....blacks even have that 'coconut' insult for those they consider their own who prefer European culture.

It's usually about family culture I think....so much is in life....then again, a certain amount of family culture also comes from the genetic....some say most.

Edited by Stirlingsays (06 Aug 2022 6.36pm)

 


'Who are you and how did you get in here? I'm a locksmith. And, I'm a locksmith.' (Leslie Nielsen)

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
Yellow Card - User has been warned of conduct on the messageboards View Casual's Profile Casual Flag Orpington 06 Aug 22 6.44pm Send a Private Message to Casual Add Casual as a friend

Originally posted by Stirlingsays

I know of mixed race people who don't class themselves as black but you're right the majority seem to. There is the genetic and there is the cultural....blacks even have that 'coconut' insult for those they consider their own who prefer European culture.

It's usually about family culture I think....so much is in life....then again, a certain amount of family culture also comes from the genetic....some say most.

Edited by Stirlingsays (06 Aug 2022 6.36pm)

Yeah. Just seems weird in a politically correct world, the media would say that the 2000 England team , were 5/6 black , inc Cole and Ferdinand as black.
Don’t care, just never really got it.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View cryrst's Profile cryrst Flag The garden of England 06 Aug 22 7.12pm Send a Private Message to cryrst Add cryrst as a friend

Originally posted by Casual

Just seems like a weird thing , if we are doing continuing to do it.
Why are mixed raced people classed as black? Just something I’ve never really understood. Like they are totally disregarding their mums (usually) side of the family.

The plane must have been aimed at Partey, which is a bit weird has he hasn’t been found guilty of anything. Surely if they had good evidence , he’d be behind the door?

Apparently when he committed the crime the law was different. Something about consent which has changed recently as they were both pissed. Either that or the female in question is suddenly rather affluent. I know what my money is on and for the sake of rattling through a court case which you can neither afford nor probably win I make her right. Probably disclosure rules etc but hey she’s probably set for life.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply

 

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 > Last >>

Previous Topic | Next Topic

You are here: Home > Message Board > Palace Talk > Taking the knee.