You are here: Home > Message Board > News & Politics > National Rejoin March September 10th
December 7 2022 12.50am

National Rejoin March September 10th

Previous Topic | Next Topic


Page 26 of 26 << First< 22 23 24 25 26

Play our World Cup 2022 Prediction League!

World Cup Prediction League 2022

Sponsor a forum or Advertise on the HOL!


 

View Wisbech Eagle's Profile Wisbech Eagle Flag Truro Cornwall 29 Aug 22 8.55pm Send a Private Message to Wisbech Eagle Add Wisbech Eagle as a friend

Originally posted by Hrolf The Ganger

So your previous statement was complete drivel?

No. I am not though the least surprised you think it is as your grasp of this situation is far from secure.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Hrolf The Ganger's Profile Hrolf The Ganger Flag 29 Aug 22 9.08pm Send a Private Message to Hrolf The Ganger Add Hrolf The Ganger as a friend

Originally posted by Wisbech Eagle

No. I am not though the least surprised you think it is as your grasp of this situation is far from secure.

After the point at which we elect one of the two available parties, they can effectively legislate whatever they want, providing it gets thought the two houses.

We the people do not have any control over that other than through the ballot box unless we have a referendum.
You don't like those.

We the people of Britain have been subjected to a multitude of negative effects caused entirely by mass immigration, and we could do absolutely nothing about it, since there is no electable political entity currently available that is prepared to put a stop to this cultural suicide.

Your statement was total hogwash.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View silvertop's Profile silvertop Flag Portishead 29 Aug 22 9.21pm Send a Private Message to silvertop Add silvertop as a friend

Originally posted by Hrolf The Ganger

After the point at which we elect one of the two available parties, they can effectively legislate whatever they want, providing it gets thought the two houses.

We the people do not have any control over that other than through the ballot box unless we have a referendum.
You don't like those.

We the people of Britain have been subjected to a multitude of negative effects caused entirely by mass immigration, and we could do absolutely nothing about it, since there is no electable political entity currently available that is prepared to put a stop to this cultural suicide.

Your statement was total hogwash.

I knew it! Hrolf and Willo are alter egos!

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View georgenorman's Profile georgenorman Flag 29 Aug 22 9.22pm Send a Private Message to georgenorman Add georgenorman as a friend

Originally posted by Wisbech Eagle

What you say is simply untrue. EU Commissioners do not make laws. They propose them under the various treaties each country has agreed to, democratically. The laws are made by the approval of the Council and Parliament, who can dismiss the Commission if they so decide. You may not like the system but itís not federal. Itís a type of democracy.

What you say is simply untrue.
EU commissioners are the sole source of EU law - their own website states this!
They can propose whatever laws they care to dream up. The EU 'parliament' can vote against or try to amend the commissions proposals, but in the case of certain budgetary matters (eg taxation) and foreign policy matters they can't even do that.
It is not democratic when unelected officials make laws.
The EU's laws have precedence over member state's laws - it is federal.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View steeleye20's Profile steeleye20 Flag Croydon 29 Aug 22 10.18pm Send a Private Message to steeleye20 Add steeleye20 as a friend

Originally posted by Wisbech Eagle

What you say is simply untrue. EU Commissioners do not make laws. They propose them under the various treaties each country has agreed to, democratically. The laws are made by the approval of the Council and Parliament, who can dismiss the Commission if they so decide. You may not like the system but itís not federal. Itís a type of democracy.

Federal countries are also democracies like West Germany and the USA.

A democracy can be total c**p, I'm afraid.

Hopefully it is less likely but ours is not looking too bright.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View HKOwen's Profile HKOwen Flag Hong Kong 30 Aug 22 6.41am Send a Private Message to HKOwen Add HKOwen as a friend

Originally posted by steeleye20

Federal countries are also democracies like West Germany and the USA.

A democracy can be total c**p, I'm afraid.

Hopefully it is less likely but ours is not looking too bright.


On the subject of things that are not too bright....

Breaking news, West Germany is not a country anymore, well done for keeping up.

[Link]

You might enjoy reading about other events in 1990 apart from the unification of East and West Germany.

Edited by HKOwen (30 Aug 2022 6.41am)

 


Responsibility Deficit Disorder is a medical condition. Symptoms include inability to be corrected when wrong, false sense of superiority, desire to share personal info no else cares about, general hubris. It's a medical issue rather than pure arrogance.

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Spiderman's Profile Spiderman Flag Horsham 30 Aug 22 8.29am Send a Private Message to Spiderman Add Spiderman as a friend

Originally posted by HKOwen


On the subject of things that are not too bright....

Breaking news, West Germany is not a country anymore, well done for keeping up.

[Link]

You might enjoy reading about other events in 1990 apart from the unification of East and West Germany.

Edited by HKOwen (30 Aug 2022 6.41am)

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply

 

Page 26 of 26 << First< 22 23 24 25 26

Previous Topic | Next Topic

You are here: Home > Message Board > News & Politics > National Rejoin March September 10th