You are here: Home > Message Board > News & Politics > National Rejoin March September 10th
October 4 2022 4.23am

National Rejoin March September 10th

Previous Topic | Next Topic


Page 5 of 26 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 >

 

View georgenorman's Profile georgenorman Flag 23 Aug 22 3.04pm Send a Private Message to georgenorman Add georgenorman as a friend

Originally posted by croydon proud

Possibly, but changing the rules of democracy to suit ones own purpose, ie, not going to prison or losing your income, isn"t very democratic- if it is, who needs democracy?

The point is, as Spiderman said, we can vote out MPs who make our laws, we could not vote out EU Commissioners who make EU law.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View croydon proud's Profile croydon proud Flag Any european country i fancy! 23 Aug 22 3.08pm Send a Private Message to croydon proud Add croydon proud as a friend

Originally posted by Teddy Eagle

And as I've said before I was born in London and lived there for 56 of my first 58 years. Maybe they don't teach comprehension outside London but talking about Irn Bru and fried Mars bars is wasted on me.
The point is that you talk about moving goalposts whilst criticising the party who took us into the EU in the first place.
By the way the word is uncouth or don't they teach spelling either?

I was just trying to make it easy for you to understand-ye kin? I can explain again that i"m not pro labour Teddy-just anti CONservative, so anybody bar the CONS, please, please, please, take that on board, because you criticising me about labour is wasted on me! I don"t understand why you are so pro a party who only want Londoners to benefit from the new leaders plans- on the plus side, you could bring out a song, perhaps wearing a kilt- "maybe its because im not a Londoner"

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Matov's Profile Matov Flag 23 Aug 22 3.11pm Send a Private Message to Matov Add Matov as a friend

Out of interest, for those of you who are pro rejoining, would you be happy for us to do so if it meant us adopting the Euro and joining up to the Schengen Agreement?

 


"The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." - 1984 - George Orwell.

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View croydon proud's Profile croydon proud Flag Any european country i fancy! 23 Aug 22 3.13pm Send a Private Message to croydon proud Add croydon proud as a friend

Originally posted by georgenorman

The point is, as Spiderman said, we can vote out MPs who make our laws, we could not vote out EU Commissioners who make EU law.

But with the new rules, we cant get rid of an mp who breaks the law?If thats democracy-you can have it! Not that we have democracy anyway- the CONS only got a third of the countrys votes yet won with 80 odd seats, make of that what you will! CON/Lab- both the same with a few tweeks, lab give a bit more to the poor, CONS protect the off shore donors, but democracy? Do me a favour!

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View georgenorman's Profile georgenorman Flag 23 Aug 22 3.16pm Send a Private Message to georgenorman Add georgenorman as a friend

Originally posted by croydon proud

But with the new rules, we cant get rid of an mp who breaks the law?If thats democracy-you can have it! Not that we have democracy anyway- the CONS only got a third of the countrys votes yet won with 80 odd seats, make of that what you will! CON/Lab- both the same with a few tweeks, lab give a bit more to the poor, CONS protect the off shore donors, but democracy? Do me a favour!

Of course you can get rid of an MP at a general election, how would you have got rid of an EU Commissioner?

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View georgenorman's Profile georgenorman Flag 23 Aug 22 3.19pm Send a Private Message to georgenorman Add georgenorman as a friend

Originally posted by Teddy Eagle

Must be the reason Labour were so vehement in their support for joining in the first place and showed such unwavering support for the first 40 years.

Not so, many in the Labour party, and the left generally, were against joining what was then the EEC as they saw it (quite rightly) as a capitalist price rigging, protectionist racket. Also the far left thought it would strategically weaken the communist block.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View croydon proud's Profile croydon proud Flag Any european country i fancy! 23 Aug 22 3.20pm Send a Private Message to croydon proud Add croydon proud as a friend

Originally posted by Matov

Out of interest, for those of you who are pro rejoining, would you be happy for us to do so if it meant us adopting the Euro and joining up to the Schengen Agreement?

I have to declare- i"m quite happy to just have freedom of movement with my EU passport, and couldn"t give a fcuk about rejoining- if I go to Portugal or Spain to live- I dont want lots of brexiteers sitting near me on the beach! So in case you thought I was after rejoining, no, we have made our bed and must suffer the consequences, which I think anybody with half an ounce of common sense can see aren"t good at the moment, unless you welcome record inflation of 18.6% next year, lack of choice in the supermarket- longer queues in the shop, cancellation of an operation that i endured last week due to lack of staff due to brexit according to the surgeon/manager! But no doubt, members in kent and bagpipe land, will say these are acceptable consequences for a better britain- even if it does take the 50 years Jacob has mentioned! But just to clarify- I dont want to rejoin- I can see the damage freedom has caused, and im quite enjoying it!

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Teddy Eagle's Profile Teddy Eagle Flag 23 Aug 22 3.21pm Send a Private Message to Teddy Eagle Add Teddy Eagle as a friend

Originally posted by croydon proud

I was just trying to make it easy for you to understand-ye kin? I can explain again that i"m not pro labour Teddy-just anti CONservative, so anybody bar the CONS, please, please, please, take that on board, because you criticising me about labour is wasted on me! I don"t understand why you are so pro a party who only want Londoners to benefit from the new leaders plans- on the plus side, you could bring out a song, perhaps wearing a kilt- "maybe its because im not a Londoner"

Seems to be the comprehension problem again.
I wouldn't wear a kilt because I'm not Scottish but for information it's ken not kin.
Did I criticise your support for Labour or for complaining about the party who took us into the EU?

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View croydon proud's Profile croydon proud Flag Any european country i fancy! 23 Aug 22 3.22pm Send a Private Message to croydon proud Add croydon proud as a friend

Originally posted by georgenorman

Not so, many in the Labour party, and the left generally, were against joining what was then the EEC as they saw it (quite rightly) as a capitalist price rigging, protectionist racket. Also the far left thought it would strategically weaken the communist block.

Indeed- even the leader Jermeny-the rascal!

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View HKOwen's Profile HKOwen Flag Hong Kong 23 Aug 22 3.23pm Send a Private Message to HKOwen Add HKOwen as a friend

Originally posted by Wisbech Eagle

Both the UK and the EU have their own versions of democracy. Neither is perfect, both can be improved, and should be. To suggest the EU is undemocratic might be a popular war-cry in Brexitland, but it really demonstrates the ignorance of those who do.

The European commission promulgates laws which become law in member states, that is a fact not an opinion.

The governmental powers of the Commission have been such that some, including former Belgian Prime Minister Guy Verhofstadt, have suggested changing its name to the "European Government", calling the present name of the Commission "ridiculous", likening it to a misnomer.

The members of the Commission are not voted for by the electorate of the member states, as the case when the UK was a member.

Your post certainly has a demonstration of ignorance, your own.


Edited by HKOwen (23 Aug 2022 3.25pm)

 


When the veneer of civility cracks and the abuse starts....sit back, smile and enjoy a point at Anfield

He reaching for the pocket....and it's a long overdue yellow

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Matov's Profile Matov Flag 23 Aug 22 3.26pm Send a Private Message to Matov Add Matov as a friend

Originally posted by croydon proud

I have to declare- i"m quite happy to just have freedom of movement with my EU passport, and couldn"t give a fcuk about rejoining-

That is fair enough. If there was a single issue I disagreed with my fellow Brexiteers on it was over the FOM issue. It was everybody else I wanted to stop moving over here, not Europeans.

Genuinely sad that we could not reach a better position on that one.

 


"The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." - 1984 - George Orwell.

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View croydon proud's Profile croydon proud Flag Any european country i fancy! 23 Aug 22 3.31pm Send a Private Message to croydon proud Add croydon proud as a friend

Originally posted by Matov

That is fair enough. If there was a single issue I disagreed with my fellow Brexiteers on it was over the FOM issue. It was everybody else I wanted to stop moving over here, not Europeans.

Genuinely sad that we could not reach a better position on that one.


Yeah- I have to agree, lucky I could get an EU passport, especially the way things are going here, but like I said, im happy just watching events, I won"t be on any rejoin march.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply

 

Page 5 of 26 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 >

Previous Topic | Next Topic

You are here: Home > Message Board > News & Politics > National Rejoin March September 10th