You are here: Home > Message Board > Palace Talk > pv ?
December 9 2022 7.00am

pv ?

Previous Topic | Next Topic


Page 2 of 10 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >

Play our World Cup 2022 Prediction League!

World Cup Prediction League 2022

Sponsor a forum or Advertise on the HOL!


 

View ASCPFC's Profile ASCPFC Flag Pro-Cathedral/caravan park 24 Oct 22 10.47am Send a Private Message to ASCPFC Add ASCPFC as a friend

I like Vieira but if the results are bad, and if we're in the bottom three, things tend to happen. I wouldn't be against a replacement if it meant keeping us up. We're not at that point yet.

 


Patrick Vieira's
Red and Blue Army!

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Brinscalleagle2's Profile Brinscalleagle2 Flag Brinscall 24 Oct 22 10.47am Send a Private Message to Brinscalleagle2 Add Brinscalleagle2 as a friend

No. The team is unbalanced at the moment due to player recruitment after all I donít think we have named 25. Once we get a full squad with midfielders and full backs and we lose matches then we can start judging. In the meantime COYP

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Painter's Profile Painter Flag Croydon 24 Oct 22 12.21pm Send a Private Message to Painter Add Painter as a friend

Originally posted by Lanzo-Ad

It is extremely difficult to win prem games, you do not help yourself when you keep playing a formation when you clearly don't have the type of players to do it.

It doesnít help, if your potential world class star in Eze, stinks the place out by going missing during the game. You have built this guy up, so much, he should be running every game he plays in. The position in the midfield is no excuse, if your that good. I watched the little blond haired Brazilian play in Newcastles midfield yesterday, he made the difference between the sides, something Eze doesnít do enough.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Lanzo-Ad's Profile Lanzo-Ad Flag Lanzarote 24 Oct 22 12.43pm Send a Private Message to Lanzo-Ad Add Lanzo-Ad as a friend

Originally posted by Painter

It doesnít help, if your potential world class star in Eze, stinks the place out by going missing during the game. You have built this guy up, so much, he should be running every game he plays in. The position in the midfield is no excuse, if your that good. I watched the little blond haired Brazilian play in Newcastles midfield yesterday, he made the difference between the sides, something Eze doesnít do enough.

it makes all the difference in the world, he is a player that needs a free role, if PV doesn't want to do that sell him, and get some Gallagher clones instead, he is ruining him and Olise at the moment

 



Ticking away the moments that make up a dull day
You fritter and waste the hours in an offhand way
Kicking around on a piece of ground in your hometown
Waiting for someone or something to show you the way

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View SnapperKain's Profile SnapperKain Flag SE25 6PU 24 Oct 22 1.14pm Send a Private Message to SnapperKain Add SnapperKain as a friend

I wouldn't get rid of PV, given who we've played already this season I think we've done alright.

Also, as others have mentioned, who would you bring in to replace him?

 


The trouble with computers, of course, is that they're very sophisticated idiots

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View doombear's Profile doombear Flag Too far from Selhurst Park 24 Oct 22 1.37pm Send a Private Message to doombear Add doombear as a friend

Originally posted by NEILLO

I don't think you appreciate how difficult it is to win games at EPL level.

We were '' total rubbish '' on Saturday. Not one player could claim to have had a good game.

We had hard fought but deserved wins against Leeds and Wolves.

We took a point at Leicester that now looks to be a good one given their revival.

We ran Chelsea very close and deserved at draw from that game.


I, too, am old, ungifted and white and agree with your above comments.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Daddyorc's Profile Daddyorc Flag Long Island City, NY 24 Oct 22 1.40pm Send a Private Message to Daddyorc Add Daddyorc as a friend

Most of the time he has set us up to play much more attractive football, when compared to years past.

Everton were all over us and we didn't have an answer for them.

The issue was that the center backs didn't have a reliable midfielder to pass to. Luka sends it right back to them, Eze was largely ineffective, and Olise never came inside. This led to passes to the LB/RB who were instantly under pressure and had trouble passing to the wingers (once again, the central midfield was largely a waste).

It was the same thing all game, with Andersen's passing (when accurate) and later in the game Guehi/Andersen running up into the midfield the only outlet.

We lost due to a combination of lack of personnel (we REALLY need another center midfielder who can look upfield, and Ward is unfortunately not a good passer - Clyne is more effective but lacks height to win headers) and the inability to find a solution (on PV).

But PV shouldn't be sacked no matter what. The players respect him (as opposed to FdB) and most of the time he does try and play football which is attacking and pleasant to watch (just not at Everton).

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Daddyorc's Profile Daddyorc Flag Long Island City, NY 24 Oct 22 1.41pm Send a Private Message to Daddyorc Add Daddyorc as a friend

Don't forget the draw in Newcastle, which is looking more and more like a good result

Originally posted by NEILLO

I don't think you appreciate how difficult it is to win games at EPL level.

We were '' total rubbish '' on Saturday. Not one player could claim to have had a good game.

We had hard fought but deserved wins against Leeds and Wolves.

We took a point at Leicester that now looks to be a good one given their revival.

We ran Chelsea very close and deserved at draw from that game.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View NEILLO's Profile NEILLO Flag Shoreham-by-Sea 24 Oct 22 1.54pm Send a Private Message to NEILLO Add NEILLO as a friend

Originally posted by Daddyorc

Don't forget the draw in Newcastle, which is looking more and more like a good result

Yes, very much so !

 


Old, Ungifted and White

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View palace chick's Profile palace chick Flag South Croydon 24 Oct 22 1.54pm Send a Private Message to palace chick Add palace chick as a friend

Originally posted by Daddyorc

Most of the time he has set us up to play much more attractive football, when compared to years past.

Everton were all over us and we didn't have an answer for them.

The issue was that the center backs didn't have a reliable midfielder to pass to. Luka sends it right back to them, Eze was largely ineffective, and Olise never came inside. This led to passes to the LB/RB who were instantly under pressure and had trouble passing to the wingers (once again, the central midfield was largely a waste).

It was the same thing all game, with Andersen's passing (when accurate) and later in the game Guehi/Andersen running up into the midfield the only outlet.

We lost due to a combination of lack of personnel (we REALLY need another center midfielder who can look upfield, and Ward is unfortunately not a good passer - Clyne is more effective but lacks height to win headers) and the inability to find a solution (on PV).

But PV shouldn't be sacked no matter what. The players respect him (as opposed to FdB) and most of the time he does try and play football which is attacking and pleasant to watch (just not at Everton).

I mainly agree with you other than the Luka part. If he had another central midfielder alongside him against Everton we would have been more balanced. Not saying that is the answer as we need two quality central midfielders and Dacoure is the player that requires that second central midfielder and itís not Luka but we donít have many to choose from. Luka is however a good squad member in my opinion?

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View taylors lovechild's Profile taylors lovechild Flag 24 Oct 22 2.18pm Send a Private Message to taylors lovechild Add taylors lovechild as a friend

Originally posted by palace chick

I mainly agree with you other than the Luka part. If he had another central midfielder alongside him against Everton we would have been more balanced. Not saying that is the answer as we need two quality central midfielders and Dacoure is the player that requires that second central midfielder and itís not Luka but we donít have many to choose from. Luka is however a good squad member in my opinion?


Maybe he is a good leader behind the scenes, but on the pitch he seems so error prone. Can anyone remember the last time he had a good game? If he doesn't make a mistake that seems to constitute "good" for Luka these days. I'm no longer convinced he is even an adequate back-up. Maybe time to give someone like young David Ozoh a chance from the bench. Really young, but surely he can't be as slow on the ball and seems highly rated.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Nicholas91's Profile Nicholas91 Flag The Democratic Republic of Kent 24 Oct 22 2.31pm Send a Private Message to Nicholas91 Add Nicholas91 as a friend

Originally posted by taylors lovechild


Maybe he is a good leader behind the scenes, but on the pitch he seems so error prone. Can anyone remember the last time he had a good game? If he doesn't make a mistake that seems to constitute "good" for Luka these days. I'm no longer convinced he is even an adequate back-up. Maybe time to give someone like young David Ozoh a chance from the bench. Really young, but surely he can't be as slow on the ball and seems highly rated.

Agree with that but all of post really.

I absolutely loved Luka in the worry-stricken days thought he was our best player even beyond Wilf. I still hold him highly in my esteem but then I also loved Hayden Mullins, Aki Riihilahti and Michael Hughes however have no desire to see any of them in the starting XI these days.

The game and our style of play looks to quick for Luka in any circumstance let alone when he's not playing regularly. He looks to have lost some confidence and naturally is just a bit older and slower now. I don't think it any crime to want for or suggest we need much better these days.

 


Now Zaha's got a bit of green grass ahead of him here... and finds Ambrose... not a bad effort!!!!

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply

 

Page 2 of 10 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >

Previous Topic | Next Topic

You are here: Home > Message Board > Palace Talk > pv ?